News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

241.2 Alicia

Started by Corwin, April 01, 2012, 04:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[23:04] <Kotono> ----------
[23:06] <Kotono> Alicia, Latha and Antenora head home, Marie fluttering around as they walk on the dark streets of early night. A lull in the conversation has come as you approach home. In this quiet there is a peace, but it is a peace broken like all others are. "Alicia." Antenora's lips twitch upward, her face softening and warm. "I feel like we did so much good today, but yet there's so much more to be done. Despite all we did, I feel...no, I crave to d
[23:06] <Kotono> but yet there's so much more to be done. Despite all we did, I feel...no, I crave to do more."
[23:09] <Alicia> "Seeing the horrors our foes are capable of only drives home how much more we have to do," Alicia nods. "And for all we accomplished, we'll still have to face Glaciante Devarim once more in the future..." her expression twists into one of wry amusement, "I suppose the Dark Five just wouldn't have had the same ring to it."
[23:11] <Kotono> "The entire scheme is ingenious, if we have the truth of it," Latha looks to the night sky, "I believe with all my heart that the phylacteries are in Bleak Rendor, the one place we can't reach. As long as one of the greatest tragedies and mysteries in the Heaven's history continues, the Dark Six are immortal. Such intelligence and guile, wasted on blasphemies."
[23:11] <Kotono> "It wouldn't," Twisting into a sardonic grin, eyes glittering, "The Chartruse Guard wouldn't have the same ring, either."
[23:13] <Alicia> "At least Glaciante, in his overweening confidence, may have delivered the key to solving this mystery into our hands," Alicia gives Latha a smile.
[23:13] <Alicia> "That actually sounds really cool!" Marie enthuses, alighting on Antenora's head. "You guys should make up a cadet branch and call them that!"
[23:14] <Kotono> Antenora rolls her eyes up, "Uh huh. Sure. They can be further served by the Pumpernickel and Brown Legions."
[23:15] <Kotono> "The sage of the Planeswalker's Guild said Glaciante was overcompensating. I think it saved our lives. For all his planning, he neglected to simply obliterate us while we were naked and defenseless."
[23:15] <Kotono> "The sage of the Planeswalker's Guild said Glaciante was overcompensating. I think it saved our lives. For all his planning, he neglected to simply obliterate us while we were naked and defenseless." Latha's gaze focuses ahead, Alicia's house in view. "Some claim evil is self defeating; this isn't always true, but it was here."
[23:18] <Alicia> "At least with the brown legion you'd never know that they were terrified of the enemy?" Marie asks mischeviously, leaning down over Antenora's brow.
[23:18] <Alicia> "He was smart enough to avoid having his neck snapped by me the moment we broke out of his prison. And he did make a sincere effort to stop us recovering our belongings by sending the Neverborn's get, I think," Alicia reasons. "But to be honest I doubt he considered us a threat up until the very moment he was beaten."
[23:19] <Kotono> Antenora smirks, "Sometimes I wonder how you ever reached Dweomerheart, with that dirty mind of yours."
[23:19] <Kotono> "I doubt they'll make the mistake again," Latha considers, "We'll have to defend ourselves better and choose our own battles well."
[23:22] <Alicia> "We'll need to sort something out for dealing with portals that strip us and drop us into trouble," Alicia agrees, drifting towards Latha so the grown ups can have their sensible conversation apart from the other two.
[23:22] <Alicia> "Wizards love their ribald humour," Marie opines sagely. "You know how Alicia rhymes her spells when she's stressed out? You'd be amazed how many common cantrips started out as dirty limericks."
[23:23] <Kotono> "There's magic that does that, isn't there? Seira can cast it," Getting to the front door, Latha opens the door. You find it's pitch black inside, not a scrap of light on. Not that it's really bothersome to you, with darkvision and all.
[23:24] <Kotono> "Uh huh." Antenora just smirks, "I'm sure you could tell me all of them in detail. But anyway, how time consuming is that spell, Alicia?"
[23:26] <Alicia> "Only a minute or so from what I recall," Alicia replies, going to light a lantern. "Any idea where Jessica and Hugo are, Marie?" she asks her familiar.
[23:26] <Kotono> As you light the lantern, shedding light inside, "Sister?" Jessica calls out. "Are you home?" Her voice comes from upstairs."
[23:27] <Alicia> "I'm not sure, actually," Marie admits. "They weren't around - oh, there we go," Marie trails off with a shrug.
[23:27] <Alicia> "We are," Alicia calls back. "Everyone safe and sound." Notwithstanding Amaryl's brief death, but there's no need to belabour that.
[23:28] <Kotono> "Could you come up here?" Jessica calls, "Please?"
[23:29] <Alicia> "Coming," Alicia calls back, wondering what Jessica needs as she heads up the stairs and towards her sister's bedroom.
[23:29] <Kotono> Antenora eyes, "Want company or is this a sistery matter?"
[23:32] <Alicia> "It's alright, you might as well get something to eat since your ring will take a week to start working again," Alicia waves off Antenora, prompting Marie to eye the former baatezu.
[23:32] <Alicia> "So we can look forward to seven days of you glowering at the kitchen table and stabbing your food like it was your worst enemy?" she enquires sweetly. "And sleeping half the day away like a lazy sloth, to boot!"
[23:33] <Kotono> "Well, at least I HAVE to eat..." Antenora begins, but Alicia misses this. She heads upstairs, the door to Jessica's room open. It's completely dark here, Jessica sitting on her bed in the darkness. Her gaze is at the door as you enter.
[23:34] <Alicia> "Everything okay, sister?" Alicia asks as she steps inside, wondering why she's sitting up all alone in the dark. It's somewhat creepy.
[23:35] <Kotono> "You look tired." Jessica's eyes follow Alicia in the darkness, "Sit down."
[23:38] <Alicia> Well, it has been a long day. Since she didn't bring any candles Alicia just casts a light cantrip to illuminate the bedroom as she goes to take a seat next to Jessica. "I'm not nearly as tired as I was when this whole mess started," she reassures, hoping she'll elaborate on what's bothering her.
[23:40] <Kotono> "Good." Jessica half smiles, kicking her feet down. After a moment, she speaks again. "It's strange being able to see in the dark now. It's been happening over the last few weeks, along with dreams."
[23:41] <Alicia> Well, that explains why the- wait, what? "What?" Alicia blinks in surprise. "Dreams?" Seeing in the dark is strange, but odd dreams grab her attention more, since she's had her fair share of them and they always seem to herald changes.
[23:43] <Kotono> "Yes. The last few weeks. I started seeing in the dark at the same time. Each night, I'd start to dream of you, Latha, Antenora, Marie, Dawnhope, Hugo. Just living life, but in time you'd begin to glow gold and white. All of you would, but me...until the end of the dream, when I began to as well. You were gone, so I went to Shankar to consult on this matter."
[23:45] <Alicia> "Go on," Alicia invites, starting to have an inkling of where this is leading. She's more familiar with the concept of a fiendish presence tainting a place, so it's equally possible that the presence of so many celestials (or close relatives) living in close proximity has had an influence on their mortal housemate.
[23:47] <Kotono> "He cast a few spells on me and read some books. He said that the Outer Planes have a way of affecting the Prime Material and mortals if they're exposed too much. Elysium and Dweomerheart, for example. He said there was one way to find out, with an incantation he'd taught me recently."
[23:47] <Alicia> "Which incantation?" Alicia asks interestedly, crossing her legs as she turns to face Jessica fully.
[23:48] <Kotono> "Alter Self. You're familiar with it. If this works..." Jessica shrugs, "I was waiting for you to come home to find out.:
06[23:51] * Alicia reaches over to squeeze her sister's hand. "Whatever happens, you're still you," she reassures.
[23:51] <Kotono> "I already got that speech from Shankar." Squeezing back, "I'm not sad, it's just a lot to take in. Now then..." Jessica calls on arcane words! Magic flows around her, and with a pop...a little Lantern Archon floats where Jessica once was. "...oh my..." Jessica murmurs, bobbing in the air.
[23:53] <Alicia> "Oh!" Despite being half prepared for it, Alicia is still a little startled. "How does it feel?" she asks. "You should be able to fly just by thinking where you want to move - the spell makes it as easy as walking in your real body."
[23:54] <Kotono> Jessica does so, drifting towards Alicia's head. "It's...simple, natural and easy. I get it...and Alicia," Her voice turns into gushing, "Your head...!"
[23:56] <Alicia> "Oh, come on!" Alicia gives her sister a flat look of mock exasparation. "I get enough of that from Marie and every pixie I ever meet. Besides, you're just a big ball - you'd roll right off."
[23:56] <Kotono> "You could have played along," Bobbing in the air with laughter, "Let's go downstairs? The simplest way is to just show this to everyone."
[23:57] <Alicia> "Antenora will probably hug you to her bosom," Alicia laughs a little herself as she gets up, going to lead her transformed sister downstairs.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[18:38] <Kotono> > "I already got that speech from Shankar." Squeezing back, "I'm not sad, it's just a lot to take in. Now then..." Jessica calls on arcane words! Magic flows around her, and with a pop...a little Lantern Archon floats where Jessica once was. "...oh my..." Jessica murmurs, bobbing in the air.
[18:38] <Kotono> <Alicia> "Oh!" Despite being half prepared for it, Alicia is still a little startled. "How does it feel?" she asks. "You should be able to fly just by thinking where you want to move - the spell makes it as easy as walking in your real body."
[18:38] <Kotono> > Jessica does so, drifting towards Alicia's head. "It's...simple, natural and easy. I get it...and Alicia," Her voice turns into gushing, "Your head...!"
[18:38] <Kotono> <Alicia> "Oh, come on!" Alicia gives her sister a flat look of mock exasparation. "I get enough of that from Marie and every pixie I ever meet. Besides, you're just a big ball - you'd roll right off."
[18:38] <Kotono> > "You could have played along," Bobbing in the air with laughter, "Let's go downstairs? The simplest way is to just show this to everyone."
[18:38] <Kotono> <Alicia> "Antenora will probably hug you to her bosom," Alicia laughs a little herself as she gets up, going to lead her transformed sister downstairs.
[18:40] <Kotono> Downstairs, Latha is fixing up a plate of fruits, vegetables and meat. Meanwhile, Marie and Antenora sits down, the former on the latter's head. "Then..." Antenora gestures with a butter knife, "I charged the wraith...Hm? Alicia? Who's that?
[18:40] <Kotono> "
[18:42] <Alicia> "It's Jessica," Alicia replies, gesturing to her orb-like sibling, prompting Marie to look over.
[18:42] <Alicia> "Oh, Mystra, I was only gone for a few hours and you died?! And became a lantern archon - never saw that coming," she mutters briefly under her breath before taking off and floating around Jessica. "I'm so sorry!" she keens, hamming it up shamelessly.
[18:43] <Kotono> Antenora blink-blinks, "Who?" she asks very quietly, "How? Why?"
[18:44] <Kotono> Jessica laughs as she flies around Marie, a giant glowing ball-lantern lapping the eladrin. "All of you, by being yourselves, because apparently the Outer Planes are like that."
[18:45] <Kotono> Latha puts down the plate of food, "Are you saying our presence caused you to spontaneously shed your mortal life and become a spirit?" Her voice raises, "I've heard of the Planes affecting the mortal realm, but rarely so pronounced!"
[18:46] <Alicia> "She's not really an archon," Alicia explains for any who don't get it. "She's using magic like I did earlier today. She's touched by the planes but not an actual spirit."
[18:46] <Alicia> "Yes, we're very corrupting like that," Marie nods earnestly.
[18:48] <Kotono> "You are at least," Crossing her arms and glaring at Marie, "I understand that. Even before Alicia began to ascend, she certainly changed me. With you visiting Dweomerheart and spending most of your time around outsiders, perhaps it was expected. When the mortal and the eternal meet, the mortal crumbles away like ash in the wind."
[18:49] <Kotono> "Oh, lighten." Jessica flies over to Antenora, "It's not as if I died. Besides, Marie is a fine example of a celestial as far as I care."
[18:50] <Alicia> "Thank you!" Marie beams happily, glad someone at least gets it.
[18:51] <Kotono> Starting to orbit around Antenora's head, "Marie, don't you think Antenora still takes things too seriously? What about you, sis?"
[18:51] <Kotono> With a warm chuckle, Latha goes back to making the meal. Quietly, in Alicia's mind, 'She is somewhat like an aasimar now?'
[18:53] <Alicia> "Oh, she's fine the way she is," Alicia waves off criticism of the resident reformed baatezu, in no real mood for an argument. "So where are Hugo and Dawnhope, anyway?" she asks her sister. 'Possibly,' she replies to Latha, 'There's no obvious tells in her normal appearance, though.'
[18:54] <Kotono> As Jessica orbits Antenora, the erinyes watching her go 'round and 'round, "They're at the temple. Commander Oberuth's ordered each temple to have a military detachment on grounds until further notice, so I felt it was nearly as safe a place as I could find in Balmuria. Besides, I needed to do some things today."
[18:55] <Kotono> 'I do wonder. We're leaving an imprint on the world. By the time Mystra calls you to Dweomerheart, I wonder if this house will be sacred ground for Mystra's followers?'
[18:59] <Alicia> "I'll go and pick them up - might as well have everyone together for dinner," Alicia decides, giving Latha a faintly unamused look. 'Hopefully not, I'd rather not see pilgrims picking through my house to make relics of my hairbrushes and cutlery.'
[19:02] <Kotono> Latha's voice is light in your mind, 'Your housedress will become a sacred artifact, worn by the high priestess of Mystra on special holidays. Flippant or not, look at Jessica. We ARE leaving our mark on the material realm, Alicia. Perhaps those who spend a night here will find inspiration from Saint Alicia, or have maladies healed? This isn't abstract theory, but reality. Your sister shows it.'
06[19:09] * Alicia thinks back to her experience with Dendragam's Tomb in the endless plains, and is forced to nod as she heads out, continuing the telepathic conversation despite distance. 'Maybe you're right, but it's still rather disconcerting.'
[19:14] <Kotono> Latha puts the food down as she goes, leaving the others to eat and be merry. She makes to follow Alicia, keeping within range. 'I believe that Mystra may wish for you to start thinking of yourself less as a human and more of what you are - a celestial champion. You are infintely larger than life; your very presence will change the order of things with enough time. Your very body is so sacred it is sanctified. You have begun to transcend m
[19:14] <Kotono> Your very body is so sacred it is sanctified. You have begun to transcend mortality.' Hurrying to catch up to Alicia in the meanwhile, switching to speaking aloud, "The first time I met mortals, they wished to bow to me as a Goddess incarnate. It was...ah yes, awkward is the right word."
[19:17] <Alicia> Since Latha's following Alicia slows pace to match her and talk aloud. "I don't expect anyone who enjoyed such treatment would make a particularly good angel," she notes agreeably.
[19:18] <Kotono> "Naturally." Smiling now, "Arrogance is a sin that has caused celestials to fall to the Depths Below. I encourage you not to be arrogant, but to understand your new place in the order Mystra has set forth for you. She has given you holy titles and decreed that you shall be an eternal spirit. It is not your lot to be a human, watching the years erode at them. It is your fate to be their guardian, protector and humble guide."
[19:25] <Alicia> "The way I see it, what I've been doing has taken me this far, so it must be good enough to stick at it," Alicia shrugs. "I don't want to be some distant pinnacle of holiness that all but taunts others with her unattainable virtue."
[19:25] <Alicia> "I'm temperamental, proud, and oh so very violent - but despite it all, I always try to do the right thing. I like to think that's something people can understand and relate to, and be inspired to try themselves."
[19:27] <Kotono> "I'll let you know a secret I'm sure you've noticed," As you walk to the temple, people come and go. Further, several soldiers are on watch, marching near the gates. Many of them salute you as you enter. "Celestials, are pure as we are, aren't perfect. Sometimes we feel things just as you do. I've felt the tuggings of anger, righteous and otherwise. I've felt the intoxicating lure of lust, the corroding grasp of pride. We are not celestial
[19:27] <Kotono> I've felt the intoxicating lure of lust, the corroding grasp of pride. We are not celestials because we are beyond them, but because we overcome them."
[19:33] <Alicia> "I know that," Alicia smiles at Latha after returning the passing salutes. "But perception matters. There's a thin line between presenting something to aspire to, and an unrealistic ideal. That's why I'm loathe to distance myself from my humanity."
[19:36] <Kotono> Latha is quiet after that, nodding after some time. "Yes. Antenora even embraces a found humanity now. She said to me once that she was making up for a lost childhood. Look at her and Marie, it's like loving sisters quibbling."
[19:42] <Alicia> "For all that it can be tiresome on occassion, I think they're good for each other," Alicia nods, accepting the subject change. "And sometimes their arguments carry a small nugget of wisdom here and there."
[19:45] <Kotono> "Yes." As you walk through the temple's courtyard, wizards and worshipers going about their nightly duties, "The old human saying is true - opposites attract and allure. For all they squabble over law and chaos, they are attached to each other. Oftentimes, this leads to one of them saying something profound...sometimes." Latha starts to laugh, "Othertimes, it does seem to engender pettiness."
[19:46] <Alicia> "You weren't here when they decided to settle things with a sandcastle building contest," Alicia laughs a little herself as they seek out Hugo and Dawnhope. "If Hell and the Abyss ever came up with that, we'd all be doomed."
03[19:48] * Yomi is now known as Seira
[19:49] <Kotono> Laughing as well, "I got the story. Did they truly decide that it was the right way, while..." Shaking her hread ruefully as you head to the cathedral, "Antenora retains a teaseful-ness to her when she likes someone and is in the right mood, doesn't she?"
[19:52] <Alicia> "She used to have quite a mouth on her," Alicia snorts quietly, recalling those early days with the devil in the house. "These days only Marie catches the brunt of it. Since Marie only showed up after she'd come around, I shudder to think how things might have went had she been around from the start."
[19:53] <Kotono> "Catstrophic?" As you enter the cathedral, you see Hugo and Dawnhope sitting by themselves, a book spread between them as Dawnhope flutters above it, reading and pointing to it. "Love takes many forms, though. Friends who argue as much as enemies is one of them."
06[19:55] * Alicia nods to Latha, tabling the conversation for now as she approaches Hugo and Dawnhope. "Hello," she gives them both a big smile, reaching over to ruffle Hugo's hair. "What are you reading?"
[19:57] <Kotono> "Alicia," Hugo smiles up to Alicia, hugging her. Dawnhope flutters, "It's the story of the ghaele eladrin Sandsun who lead a group of desert efreeti away from law and evil." she says, "It's inspirational!"
[19:58] <Alicia> "Oh, that does sound good," Alicia agrees, hugging Hugo back. "Do you two want to come home for dinner and we can all read it together afterwards?" she offers.
[19:59] <Kotono> "Dinner!" Hugo stands up, while Dawnhope agrees and hops onto Hugo's shoulder.
06[20:00] * Alicia gives the little eladrin a brief smile, picking up the book in one hand and taking Hugo's with the other as she leads the little group back home.
[20:04] <Kotono> Thus dinner comes and passes, the story told. The evening begins to wear on. Antenora is sitting on one of the chairs, listening and yawning. Latha and Marie guide Hugo through a simple game of cards, while Dawnhope watches. Jessica has returned to her normal form, humming to herself as she watches as well. Nonetheless, Antenora rouses herself. "Alicia," she calls over to her.
[20:06] <Alicia> "What is it?" Alicia asks, looking up from the card game in progress.
[20:07] <Kotono> "It's a nice night. How about we go get some fresh air," she says, getting up, "A breath of it before it's time to sleep."
06[20:08] * Alicia suspects it's more than that, but is happy enough to play along. "Alright," she nods, getting up as well. "We'll be back shortly," she assures everyone else, heading out with Antenora.
[20:10] <Kotono> Antenora goes out back, going to sit on a pile of wood. She turns her gaze up to the starry night sky, winter's cold gusting about. A little bit of snow lingers in shaded places, dotted about like tiny hordes of snowy treasure. After a few moments of studying the sky, "You look like you bit into a lemon every time Malcanthet's name was mentioned. I just want to let you know that I won't let anyone from Malcanthet's realm interfere with us
[20:10] <Kotono> I just want to let you know that I won't let anyone from Malcanthet's realm interfere with us or get close to you, no matter what agenda they pursue."
03[20:13] * Aya (~Laggy@64-71-1-82.static.wiline.com) has joined #evildunes
03[20:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Aya
02[20:14] * Laggy (~Laggy@64-71-1-82.static.wiline.com) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Aya))
03[20:14] * Aya is now known as Laggy
[20:14] <Alicia> "Am I that transparent?" Alicia asks, leaning against the garden wall and letting her wings dangle over it. "Hopefully it won't come to anything - I know what Lord Saul said, but the Neverborn seems to have has thrown itself fully behind Pale Night. I can't see Malcanthet wanting to risk entangling herself with another demon queen if she gets involved."
[20:17] <Kotono> "I can tell," With a murmur as soft as a cloud's breath, Antenora turns to gaze onto Alicia, "I can see Malcanthet meddling. It is her spawn, and she may see a chance for power, Pale Night be damned. But I'm hardly an unbiased judge." Going to stand and approaching Alicia, settling right next to her in the same posture, "I won't let you be hurt, I won't let you be tempted...and Mystra help me, I won't let them turn you into some sort of su
[20:17] <Kotono> I won't let you be tempted...and Mystra help me, I won't let them turn you into some sort of succubus thrall. Even if I end up having to face Malcanthet herself."
[20:20] <Alicia> "Hmph. If she sends Ebony then I might not actually be too upset for a chance to get some payback there," Alicia admits, looking upwards to the clear sky above. "Between Marie and Latha we shouldn't have to worry too much about enchantments, anyway."
[20:22] <Kotono> Antenora follows Alicia's gaze, thew intry sky full of tiny starlights. "Ebony can die. But if another comes..." Antneora looks to Alicia, "I'll be ready. If you need anything of me to help with this, ask it and I'll do it for you."
[20:26] <Alicia> Since Antenora's hinting so blatantly, Alicia finally consents to address the elephant in the room. "If I run into G'renna then I won't fight her unless I have to. Even if her intentions weren't pure as the driven snow, she went out of her way to help me, and I have to respect that. I don't know if there's really any goodness inside of her, but it's more than I've seen from any other demon."
[20:30] <Kotono> "What if she offers to change herself, in exchange for your bed? What if she offers some other honeyed bargain that sounds oh so tempting and reasonable?" Antenora looks to Alicia's face, "Alicia. I beg of you, take these words to heart. When a demon, devil...any of the ones below do that, it's only a way to worm closer to claiming your immortal soul. If I had thought carnal pleasure would have claimed you, I would have done it. If riches
[20:30] <Kotono> If I had thought carnal pleasure would have claimed you, I would have done it. If riches would have swayed you, you would be a mogul now. If power was your game, you would rule this world. For a pure soul as yours, nothing is too much to offer. Once fallen, the terror you would make in the Abyss..."
[20:34] <Alicia> "Please, Antenora, give me a little credit," Alicia turns to regard her friend. "I'm not that naive. Just because I have qualms about chopping the head off of someone who helped me in the past, doesn't mean I'm inclined to throw my life away for her good graces."
[20:36] <Kotono> "Then why do you look so worried whenever anyone says Malcanthet," Antenora's voice is rising, heat coming from it. "I remember how you were, Alicia. They got to you, more than you want to admit to anyone else."
06[20:43] * Alicia sighs and looks away, not wanting to admit this, part of her thinking it's entirely right and the other that it's entirely wrong. "I don't want to have to kill G'renna, but if we meet again I probably will. Her loyalty to Malcanthet will overrule whatever fragile understanding we reached, and I'll have no choice but to stand against her. That's why I don't want to ever see her again."
[20:45] <Kotono> "You're fond of her." Antenora's voice is softening a little, taking a long breath before she speaks. "Do you..." She asks, "Is that what hurts you so inside, the fear of that?"
[20:52] <Alicia> "This is supposed to be a secret, but I managed to become fond of you long before any of the things I tried to teach you sank in," Alicia admits, leaning towards Antenora and lowering her voice. "Had you lived down to my initial expectations and fears, I'd have hunted you down and painfully returned you to Hell. I'd have done it, but it would have killed me inside."
[20:52] <Alicia> She straightens up once more, "So I appreciate it that you spared us both such a difficult experience, but I doubt G'renna would be so accomodating."
[20:54] <Kotono> Antenora's quiet for a long time at that. She just looks to the sky, at last sighing. "I understand, Alicia. Gods help me, I do. I became fond of you before I even considered truly changing my ways." She kicks at the ground, kicking at it, "Does she feel the same way about you, do you think? Is there any shreds of real feeling there, or just demonic manipulation and lusts?"
06[20:58] * Alicia shrugs helplessly. "She's of a breed known for being consumnate manipulators, and is an exemplar of all any succubus could aspire to be. She openly boasted of previous conquests, and yet still somehow I got the sense she considered me differently. But that could simply be part of her manipulative charm."
[20:58] <Alicia> "I really don't know, Antenora," she shakes her head. "But if it were to be tested, I expect I'd be disappointed."
[21:01] <Kotono> Antenora goes over, putting her arm around Alicia. She's quiet after that, letting thew ords linger in your hearts and minds. "As much as I loathe demons, if you think there's a chance she could be changed..." She looks away, "What the hell could I do? Kill her? I'd be a hypocrit of the worst sort. But to imagine her worming into your graces...I..." Antenora sighs again. "I can't stomach the thought of a succubus being that close to you. D
[21:01] <Kotono> "I can't stomach the thought of a succubus being that close to you. Damn it..." With utter disgust in her voice, "Mystra, you would think I would have the wisdom to put aside the emnity of the Blood War and the hate of chaos if there was hope for her, but even with that, I just can't."
[21:03] <Alicia> "It's alright, Antenora, really," Alicia pats her back, "She's a succubus. Of *course* it's right to be suspicious - we'd be utter fools not to be." Deciding a subject change is in order since this isn't really going anywhere, she puts on a mischevious smile and continues, "On the other hand, I did offer to get you a marilith one time, didn't I?"
[21:04] <Kotono> Antenora just looks down for a time, a weak smile. "I'd rather have Marie, anyway. She's more fun than a marilith could ever be."
[21:06] <Alicia> "She is, isn't she?" Alicia agrees, all the mariliths she's met having been rather disagreeable types. "It'll be nice to bring her along on this one, too, I think. She's been housebound too long."
[21:07] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmmm." Antenora looks back up at the sky, "Alicia? Can I ask you one more thing?"
06[21:08] * Alicia nods absently, wondering what else is on her mind.
[21:10] <Kotono> "If G'Renna offered to reform earnestly, would you take the risk with her, even knowing how I feel?" Antenora's voice is very soft, blending into the night breeze.
[21:14] <Alicia> Why does it sound like she's being asked to choose? Still, like Antenora herself said, it would be immensely hypocritical to refuse. "I couldn't refuse if someone offered that, even if I thought they were full of it. But it wouldn't be pleasant, as you well know," Alicia replies seriously.
[21:16] <Kotono> "I know." Antenora's gaze is distant, letting another silence form. "I don't want to lose you. I never told anyone, but after you got home, I..." Antenora looks down, "I was worried. I was worried that you'd run back into the Abyss, never to be seen again. It would kill me inside. The thought of chaos taking you away..."
[21:19] <Alicia> "That won't happen," Alicia swears. "I was very vulnerable that time, and barely understood what was being done to me. Now I'm forewarned, as Latha says, my body is sanctified, and my magic is sufficient to flee the Abyss with only a word."
[21:21] <Kotono> Finally starting to smile, a weak one that looks like it could slip away, "Praise Mystra. If you need or want anything...I'm there." Antenora looks Alicia in the eyes, "No matter when, what or at what price."
[21:23] <Alicia> "I know I can count on you, Antenora," Alicia acknowledges her friend's steadfast and uncompromising support with a smile of her own. "But I don't intend to place you into a position where you have to pay a price on my behalf."
[21:27] <Kotono> "If it does come to that, I'll pay it without a cloud in my heart." Antenora kneels before Alicia, "You are my superior, my savior and my best friend. I would fall into Hell again to save you. I love you with my heart and soul and always will, until the end of time. Also, I know you'd do the same for me if you had to."
06[21:28] * Alicia looks a bit embarrassed, taking Antenora's hand and pulling her upright. "I would. Because we're friends," she affirms quickly and uncomfortably. "So you really don't have to kneel before me."
[21:29] <Kotono> "Alicia." Antenora chuckles, "Love isn't a dirty word. Besides, you'd be off the market if I wanted you like that. I love - as a friend."
[21:30] <Kotono> Antenora then rises, going up with Alicia.
[21:32] <Alicia> "It's the kneeling, not the love that makes me uncomfortable," Alicia explains, shaking her head. "I'm not your Queen, Antenora."
[21:36] <Kotono> "Alicia..." Antenora begins, before shaking her head with a smile. "Never mind it...though..." With a thought, "Is G'renna why you're so uncomfortable with anything close to that?"
06[21:39] * Alicia rolls her eyes. "No, I didn't see anything sexual in your kneeling, but thanks for putting that image in my mind," she replies exasparatedly.
[21:40] <Kotono> "Not what I meant." Starting to smile a little warmer now, "A female succubus DID traumatize you rather throughly."
[21:42] <Alicia> "I got better," Alicia shows a smile of her own. "Now come on, the others are probably wondering about us - lets go back inside?"
[21:44] <Kotono> "Let's," Antenora goes, following Alicia along. "After all, Marie has a dirty mind. She'll be wondering all sorts of sordid things. Tsk, tsk, tsk."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake