News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

247.2 Alicia

Started by Corwin, April 02, 2012, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:53] <Kotono> ---
[19:54] <Kotono> Elle rests in her shop. She looks out the window as cold winds and a chilly rain blow, sipping a cup of tea. She still wears black, putting the cup and saucer down as Alicia enters. "I heard you found success in the Abyss?"
[19:55] <Alicia> "We did," Alicia agrees, going to take a seat by the redhead mage. "Wasn't time to really stay and see exactly how things panned out, but I hope everyone was able to evacuate safely with the warning we gave."
[19:56] <Kotono> "Good. Alice..." Elle runs a hand over her face, "You did good.  All of yo udid. Thank you." Elle looks long to Alicia, "I've been studying the Bleak Rendor problem. The way to it is open onw?"
06[19:59] * Alicia gives Elle a sympathetic look as she mentions her apprentice. "I hope Alice can rest a little easier from this. We should be able to go to Bleak Rendor and finish things now - we don't know where it is, but Lord Drake would."
[20:00] <Kotono> "You'll need protections." Elle crisply nods, rising up. "Have you prepared any of your own?"
[20:04] <Alicia> "No, I'm not able to," Alicia shakes her head. "We'd mostly be relying on Seira or any scrolls you can provide to survive the effects of the plane itself. To approach the Neverborn requires specific divine magic that Seira's father or Demedais could muster." Not that she's seen much of the latter, of late.
[20:09] <Kotono> Elle goes back, coming back with a tiny statuette. It is carved, a serene child of white stone with contented smile. "I've made something that'll help. I knew your path would take you to Bleak Rendor sooner or later."
[20:10] <Alicia> "Considering the rate we go through scrolls, a permanent item might be more efficient," Alicia agrees, leaning over to examine the statuette, smiling at its calming aspect. "Did you carve it yourself, too?"
[20:13] <Kotono> "No. An eladrin did." Smiling faintly to that, "There's a lot of them in town and...a pixie, too."
[20:16] <Alicia> "They brighten things up after the horrible battle we endured," Alicia nods her head. "It's well made, though - I suppose having such small hands makes fine details easier for them than us. So how did you enchant it?"
[20:18] <Kotono> "A spell that repels planar effects. I'm sure you're familiar with it?" Now with a longer look at Alicia, "It won't stop the attacks of creatures within Bleak Rendor, but I think it'll hold the wasting energies of the endless depths of oblivion at bay."
[20:18] <Kotono> "It had better," Calling in as she flies in, Lady Honeydip enters into Elle's shop. She wears her armor and spear, "Lady Alicia!"
[20:19] <Alicia> "Lady Honeydip!" Alicia gets to her feet in surprise. "I didn't expect to see you here!" She then looks between Elle and the general in surprise, wondering if Honeydip is the pixie Elle just mentioned.
[20:21] <Kotono> "I'm here from the Court of the Stars." Honeydip flies over, shimmering bright. A human sized woman with transparent gossamer wings approaches Alicia, wearing a breastplate and carrying a spear. "Were not all the courtiers in a righteous fury, we would be having a celebration that would be spoken of for all eternity."
[20:22] <Alicia> "So the withdrawal went as planned?" Alicia asks, looking the now human-sized Honeydip up and down.
[20:24] <Kotono> "Ah yes." Honeydip is as blonde as her name now, hair cascading to the floor and coiling up from it. She is delicate as a flower and twice as pretty, armor kept in place with delicate ribbons here and there. "The children of Androlynne are free, the defenders safely evacuated. A good thing, as the realm itself has begin to shift wildly with Pale Night's wrath."
[20:27] <Alicia> "Good," Alicia nods. "The demons are welcome to whatever's left. As we broke the seals we felt a great joy and saw many lights ascending - I think even the children murdered over the years to Pale Night's depravity have found peace. Dark Six aside, it remains a great victory."
[20:30] <Kotono> "Her Majesty Queen Morwel conveys her thanks and gratitude. She has ordered the eladrin host to assail Bleak Rendor with all we have. The crimes the children have told Her of have no place to exist!" Hitting the ground with the butt of her spear right after, "Bringing Pale Night ot justice will be a far longer task, but the Neverborn is exposed and vulnerable now."
[20:31] <Alicia> "You know how to get there?" Alicia perks up at that. "We were intending to make our own attack soon, so it would be best if we worked together."
[20:32] <Kotono> "With the eladrin children gone, our divinations are having much more success. It seems their defenses have been spread wide open."
[20:36] <Alicia> "Two of the liches are currently regenerating and one has abandoned the others to explore the Far Realm," Alicia offers. "That leaves three remaining, plus the Neverborn and any other servants they have."
[20:36] <Alicia> "Given what was thrown at us during their initial attack on our world, such servants shouldn't be discounted easily, but you're right that this is the best time. Seira has gone off on an errand of her own tomorrow, but we'd be able to make our attack tomorrow I'm sure."
[20:38] <Alicia> OOC: her own today
[20:40] <Kotono> "Queen Morwel bids you to join her champions in the attack. Lady Gwynharwyf directs the attack and welcomes you to her side." LAdy Honeydip says.
[20:42] <Alicia> "I'll have to check with Seira since she outranks me," Alicia admits slightly awkwardly, "But hopefully she should be willing to fight under Gwynharwyf's command. Where would we muster?"
[20:53] <Kotono> "Here. I've been invested with the power to be able to return us to where we need to go," Lady Honeydip says brightly, "Once we have victory, Queen Morwel will properly honor all of you."
[20:57] <Alicia> "Fair enough. Seira owns an establishment next door so we should find her there when she gets back," Alicia nods, before finally turning back to Elle, a little bit embarrassed that they've waffled on for so long without her. "Sorry, Elle. This is Lady Honeydip, former general of Androlynne. And this is Elle Stronger, Balmuria's premiere spellcaster," she performs the requisite introductions.
[21:03] <Kotono> "Charmed!" Lady Honeydip smiles, as Elle returns the same.
[21:04] <Kotono> "Go ahead." Taking the figurine and passing it into Alicia's hands, "In case you need it. If it makes it through in one piece, bring it back to me when you're done."
[21:04] <Alicia> "How do I activate it and what are the limitations on use?" Alicia asks as she accepts the gift.
[21:07] <Kotono> "Tap it on it's head and concentrate. Do the sameto turn it off. It should last for up to 10 minutes a day."
[21:09] <Alicia> Hopefully Bleak Rendor isn't that big, then. "It could be a lifesaver when we're out there," she nods, not wanting to seem ungrateful. "I'll keep it safe to return to you, Elle, I promise."
[21:13] <Kotono> "Good luck," Elle clasps Alicia's shoulders, and after a moment, "Life's too short to waste. When this is all over...we should live life."
[21:14] <Alicia> "You should take a break from running this shop," Alicia returns seriously. "I was thinking of organising a trip someplace nice and quiet for a few days to get some relaxation and decompress once the immediate threat is gone. Be nice to have you along."
[21:16] <Kotono> "Yes, I think that would be best." Elle says, "I've made enough money to buy a few Pasha, but...I need to get away from this. Where are we going?"
[21:18] <Alicia> "I haven't decided exactly. I saw a nice island in the middle of nowhere once... or perhaps one of the Heavens - Bytopia. Nothing ever happens there. It'd be very relaxing, I'm sure," Alicia nods earnestly.
[21:20] <Kotono> "Until then," Elle says, "Then we'll all go."
06[21:21] * Alicia gives the redhead a quick hug. "Keep safe, Elle," she asks before parting, gesturing for Honeydip to come with her out of the shop as she puts away the statuette.
[21:22] <Kotono> Once out and into the cold air, Honeydip wraps her wings around her. She shivers, "The endless nightmare's over. It's been so long since I've been anywhere but Androlynne..."
[21:23] <Alicia> "But the battle never ends, does it?" Alicia smiles wanly. "Still, you've earned some respite." Cocking her head curiously, "If you don't mind my asking, though, why are you human-sized right now?"
[21:24] <Kotono> "To fit in. The children love pixies," Lady Honeydip smiles, "Before I went to Androlynne, I could change my shape into that of a human. Over time there, I lost the ability since I never used it. Now that it's over, I asked Queen Morwel to restore my ability."
[21:26] <Alicia> "Ahh," Alicia nods. "Marie - you remember, my familiar? - she often complains whenever I have to alter her form to human stature. Says it's too clumsy and big," she laughs a little as she leads the general to the dragon-shaped inn.
[21:27] <Kotono> "Coure complain about EVERYTHING!" Throwing her hands up into the air, "The happiest lot of grumbling complainers I've ever met!"
[21:29] <Alicia> "So it's not just her, then?" Alicia nods understandingly. "I know she isn't even serious most of the time, she just does it out of principle, I think."
[21:32] <Kotono> Heading inside to the inn, you find Donald drinking and watching over the crowds. He waves you over, "Seira's in the back. Her and Amaryl and a few others just got back from up north."
[21:32] <Kotono> "Coure..." Lady Honeydip rubs her temples, "I think they do it just to get a reaction sometimes."
[21:34] <Alicia> "Thanks Donald," Alicia nods, going in the direction indicated as she continues her conversation. "I think that's about right. Marie adores having a good argument. I think that's why she gets on so well with Antenora - anyone who actually disliked bickering would've had a terminal falling out long ago."
[21:34] <Kotono> "I talked to Antenora while you were at Gomendicoria," As you slip into the back, "I got the impression she's fond of Marie."
[21:36] <Alicia> "She wasn't at first, but they've grown on each other," Alicia nods, looking around for Seira.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake