News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

The Gossip Board mk 2

Started by Anastasia, June 01, 2012, 01:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Info nuggets from the Planar 2 corpse.

- Siri was trying to get you all killed. Not out of malice, but out of pure boredom. The sword has an inbound need to see conflict and drive those around it to conflict. It was telepathically nudging your foes as well as encouraging you all. Iris being rather boring caused a sharp reaction against her from Siri.

- Choosing to take the ferryman 'loth's offer would have immediately damned Iris to Hades. The realm would have claimed her life and soul, as someone who would sacrifice their child for gain is surely a part of that bleak realm. This would result in !rollchar for Cid.

- Fiora had faint traces of fey blood. The club was the tip-off and exploring this could lead to her gaining the Fey Blooded feat as a bonus feat. It wasn't anything beyond that, just a detail if she wished to explore it.

- The Illithid had fled the Astral immediately after the battle between it and the party. It had an inkling what the shard was and valued it. It had no intention of staying on the Astral after being attacked. What you sensed was another shard altogether. Getting it back would have been complicated.

- I had toyed with a Planar 1 quest for awhile. It would be a chance to put right what went wrong, involving time travel and thwarting the Lady of the Green Kirtle's play on Cold. Yulia was the only survivor of a bad end, driven mad from the Lady's magic. It would have been a chance to give the game a better ending and a neat tie in, but it didn't really mesh with Planar 2's plot. It could've netted Yulia as a NPC follower - about the only one I'd do this game and that's only for the sake of a legacy character.

- Be glad y'all didn't try the Pale Monument. That was a game over machine waiting to happen.

- The Lady was a NG, well meaning spirit overseeing dreams. No evil and no twists here, she truly only meant the best for everyone.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

VySaika

Re: Fiora's fey blood - Fact of gaming: make a PC an orphan, and the DM WILL give them some kinda abnormal background/bloodline/etc.

Re: Siri - Called it. Was wondering if there was any way Fiora could justify tossing the sword in a volcano, but game ended before Siri got so blatent about it that she would have done anything.

Re: Lady of Dreams - Okay, that was good to know. I was honestly a bit wondering if you were going to pull some giant twist like that, but I'm glad it wasn't.

Also, seeing whatever other Dream Shards you'd already worked out would be cool.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

Quote from: Gatewalker on November 23, 2012, 11:12:24 PM
Re: Fiora's fey blood - Fact of gaming: make a PC an orphan, and the DM WILL give them some kinda abnormal background/bloodline/etc.

Yep. I was underplaying it on purpose, but I figured it could be an interesting hook.

QuoteRe: Siri - Called it. Was wondering if there was any way Fiora could justify tossing the sword in a volcano, but game ended before Siri got so blatent about it that she would have done anything.

I was kind of hoping he wouldn't, as his riffs on Iris may be routinely giggle.

QuoteRe: Lady of Dreams - Okay, that was good to know. I was honestly a bit wondering if you were going to pull some giant twist like that, but I'm glad it wasn't.

Yeah, I felt it would have been trite to pull that. Sometimes a saint really is a saint.

Quotelso, seeing whatever other Dream Shards you'd already worked out would be cool.

At some point, sure.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?