News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Prologue

Started by Anastasia, June 06, 2012, 11:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The dreams have come for the past three weeks. At first they were fragmented things, vanishing in the glowing light of the morning sun. At first you brush them off, forgotten in each day's labors. Yet each night they come again, a little clearer. Images - of a woman, clad in the raiment of clouds and with hair like the morning fog. A valley fair and untouched by human hand, with a sky of purple that never ends. Shards of light, spreading apart like shattered glass.  As the days pass, more and more you remember your dreams during the day. Compared to them, the world around you becomes pale and vague, until one night you fall asleep, only to see the woman of clouds offering a hand to you. She says nothing, but the offer is implicit. You reach out, taking her hand and then...

---

The story presented here is fairly straight forward and offers you a set up into the game. How precisely you chose to parse these dreams and have them affect your character is up to you. The only proviso is that you ultimately choose to take the woman's hand that final night - for obvious game starting reasons.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Does the woman in the clouds appear as any particular race? Or do we each see her as whatever race we choose?

Edit: Also, fix the topic's typo!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Her race is indistinct.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm gonna hold on to my cart as I take her hand. I'm invested!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

As is often the case when curious about the unknown (and one must be curious after such a period of repetition in her dreams, perhaps too much time to be written off as mere coincidence?), Iris's first response is to search her memory and conduct thorough research of materials available to her in order to ascertain the identity of the ethereal beauty or her surroundings. Maybe it's just a striking image that stuck in her memory from some story she read long ago? But if she can't find anything to prove this...well, no harm in playing along if it's just a dream, right? Consider it an experiment.