045.3 "Don't summon me when I'm not paying attention!"

Started by Corwin, June 21, 2012, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[21:46] <Kotono> A bit of time passes soaking until the two rise out, dry off and dress. From there finding Sylvie isn't hard - she's tucked in a corner of the library, absorbed completely in a book.
[21:47] <Afina> "Hello, Sylvie," Afina greets the blonde, landing on the armrest of her chair. "Is this a good time?"
[21:51] <Kotono> "I could use a break," Sylvie allows, marking her place in the book before closing it. "You two run out of things to burn up?" she asks lightly.
[21:56] <Afina> "Me and Simmer or me and Balyss?" Afina asks back. "Balyss and I are both done with the Sunfire and Moonfire, it was actually pretty disappointing, I suppose that's why it's no longer used. As for Simmer I just spent a few hours laying in the lava pools with her, was a nice surprise to see them ready. But I remembered you said before that you wanted to talk to Jaela and I. You've probably already
[21:56] <Afina> seen here but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything."
[21:57] <Kotono> "I haven't. Could you have Elena fetch her real quick?" Sylvie asks.
[21:59] <Afina> "Could ask her yourself," Afina points out but nonetheless looks up and calls, "Elena?"
[22:00] <Kotono> Elena appears, clad in nothing at all - for a split second, before she eeps and vanishes! Moments later she returns wrapped in a thick, bundling bathrobe. "Do you MIND!?" she squawks, "Don't summon me when I'm not paying attention because I'm deciding what to wear! Now what is it!?"
[22:02] <Afina> Afina cocks her head and stares at the little blue girl. "Couldn't you... not come until you've dressed?"
[22:02] <Kotono> "I wasn't paying attention," Reddening head to toe, quite literally, "I heard a summons and I replied automatically! Just...what is it?!"
[22:03] <Kotono> Sylvie cocks her head just like Afina, "If you're so concerned about being seen naked, shouldn't you be paying attention when you're naked?"
[22:04] <Kotono> "Not the point!" Elena reddens, "Just tell me whatyou want already!"
[22:04] <Afina> "Just... get Jaela to come here, please? And I'm sure you've seen us naked plenty of times, so now it's fair, anyway."
[22:04] <Kotono> "That's not the point!" Elena huffs, "You're in my home, and...just..." Throwing her hands up, Elena vanishes!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[22:06] * Jaela appears moments later, seeming to be in quite the cheerful mood. "Afina? What's up?" she asks as she comes up before noticing Sylvie and nodding at her. "Blondie."
[22:06] <Afina> "You remember Sylvie wanted to talk to us about something when we came back from Celestia?" Afina prods. "Since I'm out of my sunfire fugue now's a good time."
[22:07] <Jaela> "Yeah sure works for me."
[22:08] <Kotono> "It's about 21," Sylvie begins, "I've been carrying it awhile and I'm learning more about it."
[22:10] <Afina> "Anything good?"
[22:15] <Kotono> "I'm certain that whatever 21 is and what the Gods are don't mix. I don't think any God will particularly like me as long as I carry it," Sylvie explains, "21, the Guardian and the Three Incarnations don't mix with divine power at all. I'm certain of it...I can't prove it, but I know it's true."
[22:16] <Jaela> "So what's the implication here?" Jaela asks in confusion. "Every deity has some evil in them? Or it's not entirely a tool against evil?"
[22:16] <Afina> "Isn't that what you were hoping for when you first hunted it down?" Afina asks, not seeing a great problem. They don't really deal with gods themselves, just their followers for the most part.
[22:18] <Kotono> "More or less," Nodding to Afina, "The implication is that whatever 21 is, and whatever it was made from, is anti-divine. Not just anti-evil, anti-divine. By extension, those Three Incarnations are as well. Are you familiar with the unknowable things outside of Creation? Creation had to come from somewhere, and I'm becoming convinced that those Incarnations are related to those creatures."
[22:19] <Jaela> "Okay."
[22:19] * Afina unfastens the quilium encased unmatter from her back and holds it out before Sylvie. "I've recently become familiar, yes," she states with resignation.
[22:20] <Kotono> Sylvie stops and stares at the Blade of Endings. Her eyes widen, "What is that? The unmatter? It's there and at the same time it isn't," she mutters, starting ot reach for it before jerking her hand back. "It exists and doesn't exist at the same time, and both of those statements are true."
[22:22] <Afina> "Its previous owner said some things that made me suspect those things from beyond are aware or attracted to the blade," Afina explains, sheathing it once more. "That's why I'm loathe to use it except in particular need."
[22:23] <Kotono> "Chaos is disturbingly attracted towards these things," Sylvie hums now, "Didn't 27 push you towards finding 21 too?"
[22:24] * Jaela starts to drift away before catching herself and pretending to be attentive.
[22:26] <Afina> "Yes, although remember he's still part of creation. He wanted us to acquire weapons that could defeat Hell's greater powers. The things from beyond? I suspect they're more interested in the wielders," Afina explains her suspicions.
[22:29] <Kotono> A slight nod there, "Also, I'm thinking more and more. If I'm right...why make Creation in the first place? If Creation was made and the Far Realm is the natural state of things, why? That place is anathema to Creation from everything I've read and studied. All this bothers me," Sylvie says, "I want to find the answer."
[22:30] <Jaela> "Why make anything in the first place? How is it any different?" Jaela finally speaks up with a shrug.
[22:30] <Afina> "Earth is anathema to Air, but surrounded by a shell of Air there was still the Earth of Lifasa," Afina reasons, "I'm sure your world is no different. The same principle holds elsewhere."
[22:32] <Kotono> "There's another thing, you know," With a glance at Jaela, "You two remember how I said my world has a heavy destiny and all of that?"
[22:32] <Jaela> "You said something like that, yeah."
[22:35] <Kotono> "More and more, I don't think I had any part in this - Aurora, all of it. I got pulled in because of my world's destiny and my own stupid choices," Sylvie elaborates, "I've been dreaming about Jaela having it, or Afina, or Ithea or Adrian; even Morniel or Hanna once or twice. Never me. I just feel that...this isn't where I was meant to be. Things went wrong. Something broke down, something
[22:35] <Kotono> important."
[22:36] <Afina> "You made your choices and here you are," Afina replies simply. "Maybe someone had a destiny planned out, but that doesn't make it right."
[22:36] <Kotono> "Maybe so," Sylvie agrees, "This draws some parrallels with that bastard in Nessus, but forget that for a moment."
[22:37] <Jaela> Her good mood is tested by talk of Nessus, but in the end it manages to survive.
[22:38] <Kotono> "I feel like there's something there, something important," Sylvie goes on, "I can't prove any of this, but it feels right to me. I don't think it ties into this story, the story of Aurora, but it's important. With what we've obtained...maybe we should look into it. It may have power, heavy power. It made two mortals goddesses, after all."
[22:40] <Afina> "So..." Afina tries to parse what Sylvie's getting at. "You want us to go to your world and see if we can steal its power of destiny?"
[22:40] <Jaela> "So, uh, let me get this straight. We should look into the whole origin of Creation thing, or take a peek outside Creation itself, and we might find a way to ascend or something equally powerful? That seems to be what you're saying?"
[22:41] * Jaela glances at Afina. "Your way sounds easier."
[22:42] <Kotono> "I don't know," Sylvie finally says, "I'm grasping at straws, but it feels important. Like there's something more to it, to why my world's so heavy." Finally she shrugs, "Maybe not steal it so much as obtain it."
[22:44] <Jaela> "I don't mind," Jaela responds. "Once we've killed that rust devil-dragon fucker, we should give it a try. Do you have an actual lead, here, or should we just go blindly?"
[22:44] <Afina> "We have a lot going on right now," Afina temporises. "But after we resolve the issue with the Lannark Imperium it might be worth going for. But yes, in the meantime can you use that time to get us something more firm to go after? Take Balyss back there and do some scouting on your own if you think it'll help."
[22:47] <Kotono> "Alright," Sylvie says, "I don't know, just...this feels right," she finally says. "I'll look into it then."
[22:49] <Afina> "Let us know what you find," Afina tells her. "Was there anything else you wanted to talk about?"
[22:50] <Kotono> "That was it," Sylvie finally says, "I felt you should know in particular, Afina. Careful with that blade."
[22:51] <Afina> "Believe me, I will," Afina attests sollemnly. "But thanks, Sylvie. And good luck going home."

Corwin

[20:26] <Kotono> In time, word from Makaril comes back - a request to meet again in the same house as last time, to start with.
[20:28] <Afina> Afina has plenty of time to make something for the Mercane but Lifasa is on a ticking clock, so she makes time to attend!
[20:29] * Jaela has been waiting for that! She wouldn't miss it for the world!
[20:30] <Kotono> With Stille in tow, Jaela's magic returns them to that village. With the child's help they find the house, and Makaril awaits there. No spread of food this time, only Makaril awaiting before the fire.
[20:31] <Jaela> "How are things back on Lifasa?" Jaela asks as her greeting.
[20:38] <Kotono> In his soft spoken voice Makaril replies, "Difficult. Harkin's efforts continue to intensify and the threat of the hunting dragon has limited our abilities to strike."
[20:39] <Jaela> "So if we take the hunting dragon out, we tip the scales back?"
[20:40] <Afina> "Our intelligence suggests they're very close to finding your last redoubt," Afina speaks up. "A strike on one of their allies should buy you more time."
[20:53] <Kotono> "It would be a large victory," Makaril nods slightly to Jaela, "What intelligence is this?"
[20:55] <Afina> "Our own resident prophet," Afina replies. "He has a very good record, and we're taking this seriously."
[20:57] <Jaela> "Were you able to make use of that ritual to hide yourselves from devils?" Jaela wonders.

Corwin

[20:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "In limited ability, yes." Makaril replies.
[20:19] <Afina> "If you can tell us the range of the dragon's current search, or better yet its home base, we're prepared to launch an immediate attack," Afina elaborates on their plans.
[20:39] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> To this Makaril says, "He is searching above the seas,"he replies, "Due to the anathemic secrecy it carries like a cloak, we cannot easily ascertain where it is. Searching is required."
[20:41] <Afina> "Troublesome. We could certainly paint ourselves as targets, but there's no guarantee who'll come for the honour," Afina muses, "No cover to hide there either, really."
[20:42] <Jaela> "You have us, ready to take it out. How do you want to use us?" Jaela voices. "And since it has to be brought up, you can always pull your men to the Aurora so that we join forces. If you are being hunted down so strongly, maybe it's time to try something different."
[20:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Or that the dragon will be the one to respond, or the only one," Makaril's voice is grave, "We must be cautious, for powerful forces would strike at us all if given the chance." Here Makaril bows his head a moment, "...It would be wise to tell you that we have considered it. We believe that should be be found, it will be too late to retreat fully, especially as our ranks swell from the Burning
[20:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Aeropolis.  But to abandon what we have would be to give up a considerable advantage as well."
[20:48] <Jaela> "Would dividing your forces help at all? If some of you made the transition during a time like this, then the rest could evacuate more efficiently upon discovery."
[20:48] <Afina> "If you can provide us with an early warning, Aurora can arrive for our forces to hold off an attack while yours evacuate onto Aurora, but lets stick with the dragon for now," Afina suggests. "We could widen our scope to the search effort in general - where is it being based from? A port city, or under the sea?"
[20:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "We haven't been able to ascertain that," Shaking his head, "Devils can teleport and the dragon is difficult to see at 100 paces away and invisible to all at a mere 200. With the factors in play, it could even be an inland base, well protected."
[20:50] <Jaela> "We are exploring other ways of taking the heat off you," Jaela muses. "If we manage to hit a few of Tiamat's targets in Baator, then her alliance with Abigor might get shaken up as well. If he is forced to pull forces out of Lifasa to compensate...."
[20:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "All the better," Makaril concludes quietly, "All the better. Moreover, if we can force Harkin to the field..." Here his smile becomes cold, "I will claim his head and sever the magic within him."
[20:52] <Afina> "Better to kill it, but if it's as impossible to find as you say it may be our only recourse," Afina sighs. "On the other hand, a direct strike at Harkin would have a similarly limiting effect on their search efforts, so we might have to pursue that. Do you know about his centres of power?"
[21:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Are you familiar with his fortress at all?" Makaril asks back.
[21:03] * Afina shakes her head. It's why she asked!
[21:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "A fully defended fortress of no small power," Makaril declares, "He calls it Everwatch and has fashioned the outer walls with a layer of brass, like the name of the fortress of the Lord of the First. After the Burning Aeropolis was destroyed, defenses around those places has risen."
[21:05] <Jaela> "What sort of defenses are we talking about? The hellfire cannons?"
[21:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Those, heavy troop concentrations and other surprises. WE've recently found out he has a cabal of yugoloth sorcerers there - arcanoloths." Makaril replies.
[21:07] <Afina> "Yes, but I don't just mean his home fortress," Afina elaborates, "Lifasa had cities, towns, castles, temples... I presume it still has all those things but now devoted towards devils, yes? What are the notable ones in Harkin's area of control? Ones that matter for his staging of searches and assaults into the sea?"
[21:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "The ones that weren't destroyed," Makaril says, voice becomign gentler, "The devils build much of what they needed."
[21:23] <Jaela> They don't seem to be making much progress, so Jaela decides to try changing the topic briefly. "You know that prophet Afina brought up? He mentioned your sword, Makaril. Do you think you could tell us how you got it?"
[21:24] <Afina> "Industrious monsters," Afina mutters before speaking up, "The point is, we're looking for targets that are important but not vital. Things that will slow them down to replace and re-fortify after they're attacked but won't deal a killing blow."
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "There are plenty of targ-" Makaril pauses there, "I did Mystra a great service. Someone had obtained something of hers, something precious. I remedied the situation."
[21:29] <Afina> "Guard it carefully," Afina warns Makaril seriously, "It could be used to devastating effect against us if it was lost to the devils." Still, she wants to get some targets so she forgoes further exploration of this avenue!
[21:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "They're welcome to try. Kalembar will reject them to the last," He speaks in a soft voice, "It is not for them. That is not a worry to waste time with."
[21:31] <Jaela> "We're back to targets, then?"
[21:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Right. A good target," Makaril considers, "I can think of three. Wrath, a coastal fortress populated by fiendish shark calvary and devils. Endless Despair, a magery tower along the coast. We don't know much about it - low priority since it's not tied to the Governors, much like Kalabaros. Xilvartim, a converted village now used for deviltry. All have a reasonable number of forces but could be
[21:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> stricken by a direct assault."
[21:36] <Jaela> "How about striking at the converted village?" Jaela proposes. "If we start attacking everywhere, and not just established fortresses, then the devils on Lifasa will have to spend resources on protecting everything of value to them, even if it has no strategic value in itself."
[21:37] <Afina> "Exactly what I was thinking," Afina nods, smiling approvingly at Jaela. "Either they spread themselves thin, or they retreat to their fortified areas and leave wider gaps to exploit."
[21:37] * Jaela nods back at Afina, before returning her gaze to Makaril. "Would you like to join us for this?"
[21:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Yes," Makaril says, quietly, "Can you manage precise planar travel, or will teleportation be required after transit?"
[21:42] <Jaela> "I can handle it," Jaela assures him. "Are you ready to go straight from here?"
[21:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Aim outside of the village," Makaril says, "I am ready." he rises, blade in hand and offering his own out to Jaela.
[21:50] <Jaela> "Just a moment for me, then," Jaela voices, standing up herself. A few of her longer-termed spells get cast at this point, along with Fortunate Fate that is precast on everyone present, and she concludes the spellcasting with a Sublime Revelry that she freely shares with anyone present and willing. Once that is concluded, and everyone indicates their readiness, Jaela initiates the plane shift!
[22:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Fire. It's hot. A heat that oppresses Jaela, and sickens and exults Afina at the same time. You stand on cracked, parched ground. The scent of hideous things is in the air. The scent of rot, of death, of poison. Before you is a simple path, leading towards a darkened village. There is barely any light and utter, bone-chilling silence.
[22:07] <Jaela> The glow coming from Jaela herself will reveal them in an instant, but there is little she could do about it. She nods at Makaril, willing to let him lead their attack here.
[22:07] <Afina> "Never really saw this part when we attacked the Aeropolis," Afina comments, looking around briefly before she focuses on the village ahead. "Overwhelming force, raze it to the ground," she recites, hasting the small group and surging forward!
[22:08] <Jaela> Equal parts sickened and amused, now, Jaela can do little else but follow Afina in!
[22:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Thus you race in - the buildings ar elittle more than shadows as you do, and coming out! A bearded devils, glaive in hand! It stares a moment in absolute shock, as then a crawling lemure emerges from another house, Jaela's light showing thew ay ahead! OOC: Not being subtle. Roll init here.

[22:20] <Jaela> roll 1d20+15 Sign
[22:20] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+15 Sign and gets 21." [1d20=6]
[22:20] <Jaela> roll 1d20+3
[22:20] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+3 and gets 6." [1d20=3]
[22:21] <Afina> roll 1d20+26
[22:21] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+26 and gets 42." [1d20=16]
[22:21] <Jaela> OOC: was going to be +23+10+4 for devotion, so a result of 40
[22:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+13 Makaril
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+13 Makaril and gets 24." [1d20=11]
[22:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+7 barbazu
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+7 barbazu and gets 22." [1d20=15]
[22:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20 Lemure
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20 Lemure and gets 14." [1d20=14]
[22:26] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Barbazu(22)>Jaela(21)>Lemure(14)'
[22:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Go Afian.
[22:27] <Afina> Speeding herself up immensely, Afina hurls a pair of delayed fireballs at a pair of buildings at opposite ends of the village, timed to go off just as she dives towards the Barbazu, savaging it! Even if the fireballs can't hurt devils, buildings collapsing on top of them can!
[22:28] <Afina> roll 2#18d6 if it matters
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 2#18d6 if it matters and gets 132." [2#18d6 = 68, 64]
[22:28] <Afina> roll 1d20+35 touch
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 touch and gets 41." [1d20=6]
[22:28] <Afina> roll 1d20+30 touch
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 touch and gets 33." [1d20=3]
[22:28] <Afina> roll 1d20+18 SR
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+18 SR and gets 36." [1d20=18]
[22:28] <Afina> roll 1d4+16+5d6+2d6
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d4+16+5d6+2d6 and gets 46." [1d4=1][5d6=6, 3, 6, 4, 6][2d6=3, 1]
[22:28] <Afina> roll 1d4+16+5d6+2d6
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d4+16+5d6+2d6 and gets 50." [1d4=1][5d6=3, 6, 5, 4, 6][2d6=4, 5]
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The barbazu is sliced apart, into three pieces that hit the ground hard! A momnet later fireballs explode on the other side of the village, setting things alight!  Meanwhile Makaril advances slowly, a single blast of holy power immolating the lemure!
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 10d6 the save is likely academic
[22:36] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 10d6 the save is likely academic and gets 35." [10d6=3, 5, 4, 5, 3, 4, 3, 1, 6, 1]
[22:36] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Jaela(21)'
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Go Jaela.
[22:38] * Jaela follows Afina's lead, as a Flame Strike strikes down at more buildings at the edge of the village while a Wall of Stone appears next to the buildings opposite it, already tilted precariously before it falls all the way over and onto the devil dwellings!
[22:40] <Jaela> roll 15d6 fire+divine Flame Strike
[22:40] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 15d6 fire+divine Flame Strike and gets 53." [15d6=1, 4, 2, 4, 4, 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2, 5]
[22:40] <Jaela> roll 1d20+16 SR
[22:40] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+16 SR and gets 27." [1d20=11]
[22:42] <Jaela> roll 2d6 any fiend within 60ft of me
[22:42] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 any fiend within 60ft of me and gets 7." [2d6=5, 2]
[22:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Cries of pain follow as buildings collapse and burn! From one burning building it emerges - several barbazu, nine of them! An entire squad, coming right at the party! OOC: Joining init.
[22:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+6 Barbazu squad
[22:46] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+6 Barbazu squad and gets 23." [1d20=17]
[22:46] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Barbazu Squad(23)>Jaela(21)'
[22:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "They're only worthy to be blotted out," Makaril declares softly, yet his voice carries well across the village. "These are naught but the thoughtless attack dogs of devil kind.  Do your cowardly  masters already flee to safer grounds?"
[22:47] <Jaela> "Getting raped by their bosses for failure is gotta be better than both that and being shamed on a field of battle?" Jaela asks him with a shrug.
[22:48] <Afina> Flying back out of the doorway, Afina points at the leader of the barbazu and removes him from existence!
[22:48] <Afina> roll 1d20+35 ranged touch
[22:48] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 ranged touch and gets 50." [1d20=15]
[22:49] <Afina> roll 1d20+18 SR
[22:49] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+18 SR and gets 29." [1d20=11]
[22:49] <Afina> OOC: fort save
[22:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+9
[22:52] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+9 and gets 16." [1d20=7]
[22:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: No point on damage, that devil's overkilled.
[22:52] <Afina> roll 45d6+2 I want to roll!
[22:52] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 45d6+2 I want to roll! and gets 157."]
[22:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The first devil is utterly disintegrated, reduced to naught more than dust and ash! It blows away on the wind, as Makaril sprints towards the devils, slicing into them!
[22:55] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+23 (+2 charge, +4 dread, -20 PA)
[22:55] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+23 (+2 charge, +4 dread, -20 PA) and gets 37." [1d20=14]
[22:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d8+64+4d6
[22:56] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d8+64+4d6 and gets 88." [1d8=6][4d6=5, 3, 4, 6]
[22:57] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The next barbazu finds Kalembar slicing through its neck! As it does there is a sickening feeling in the air, purple and silver rippling out from the wound, even as blood flows and the bearded devil is decapitated in one fell strike! OOC: Barbazu are up.
[22:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With fury, the barbazu neatly launch a single volley of coordinated attacks at Makaril!
[22:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+15
[22:58] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+15 and gets 17." [1d20=2]
[22:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+10
[22:58] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+10 and gets 26." [1d20=16]
[22:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But nonehits, the strikes slow and awkward to your trained eyes, barely a trifle for anyone skilled to avoid! OOC: Go Jaela.
[22:59] * Jaela gestures towards the devils, willing their very blood to boil over and incinerate them from within!
[22:59] <Jaela> roll 1d20+20 SR Blood to Water
[22:59] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+20 SR Blood to Water and gets 27." [1d20=7]
[22:59] <Jaela> roll 2d6 to five of them, Fort DC30 half
[22:59] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 to five of them, Fort DC30 half and gets 4." [2d6=2, 2]
[22:59] <Jaela> roll 2d6 this is damage to all of them, the previous was con damage to 5
[23:00] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 this is damage to all of them, the previous was con damage to 5 and gets 6." [2d6=3, 3]
[23:01] <Jaela> And on a second thought, Jaela discharges another Flame Strike upon a group of buildings still standing!
[23:01] <Jaela> roll 15d6 fire+divine
[23:01] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 15d6 fire+divine and gets 52." [15d6=5, 2, 6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 3, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5]
[23:01] <Jaela> roll 1d20+16 SR
[23:01] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+16 SR and gets 35." [1d20=19]
[23:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+9
[23:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+9 and gets 10." [1d20=1]
[23:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With buildings burning and bearded devils drained weaker, the village burns! Emerging from one of the collapsing far side buildings, well away on the other side of the village at 400ft away, is another shambling lemure. Following it, barely visible in the smoke, is a midnight black figure - a figure you know well! A cornugon, roaring in a voice of pure rage, "Who DARES?!" OOC: Adding to init.
[23:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20 Lemure
[23:05] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20 Lemure and gets 11." [1d20=11]
[23:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+4 horned devil
[23:05] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+4 horned devil and gets 10." [1d20=6]
[23:06] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Barbazu Squad(23)>Jaela(21)>Lemure(11)>Cornugon(10)'
[23:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Afina.
[23:07] <Afina> Speeding herself up again, Afina rushes the cornugon, stabbing more conservatively with the flame dagger in case it fails to pass the devil's resistance, in which case she can follow up with a kick!
[23:08] <Afina> roll 1d20+35 melee touch
[23:08] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 melee touch and gets 53." [1d20=18]
[23:08] <Afina> roll 1d20+18 SR
[23:08] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+18 SR and gets 34." [1d20=16]
[23:08] <Afina> roll 1d20+30 melee touch
[23:08] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 melee touch and gets 41." [1d20=11]
[23:08] <Afina> roll 1d4+16+5d6+2d6
[23:08] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d4+16+5d6+2d6 and gets 45." [1d4=2][5d6=2, 3, 5, 3, 5][2d6=4, 5]
[23:08] <Afina> roll 1d4+16+5d6+2d6
[23:08] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d4+16+5d6+2d6 and gets 40." [1d4=2][5d6=2, 4, 4, 1, 5][2d6=1, 5]
[23:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The devil is kicked and stabbed, stumbling back en masse and nearly tripping over the cornugon! His wings hit against the doorway, keeping him just barely upright and from falling back into the burning house! It shudders as the roof sags down, as meanwhile Makaril lays into the wounded barbazu!
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+23 (+2 charge, +4 dread, -20 PA)
[23:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+23 (+2 charge, +4 dread, -20 PA) and gets 27." [1d20=4]
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: -2 that, no charge.
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+16
[23:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+16 and gets 27." [1d20=11]
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+11
[23:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+11 and gets 17." [1d20=6]
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+6
[23:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+6 and gets 7." [1d20=1]
[23:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d8+64+4d6
[23:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d8+64+4d6 and gets 84." [1d8=1][4d6=4, 3, 6, 6]
[23:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d8+64+4d6
[23:23] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d8+64+4d6 and gets 82." [1d8=7][4d6=3, 4, 3, 1]
[23:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d8+64+4d6
[23:23] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d8+64+4d6 and gets 81." [1d8=4][4d6=3, 4, 5, 1]
[23:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Already wounded and weakened, the rest of the barbazu collapse under slice after slice! Each time Jaela can feel her stomach twist in knots, her mouth suddenly as dry as the realms of salt and sand! OOC: Go Jaela, the barbazu are down for the count.
[23:23] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Barbazu Squad(23)>Lemure(11)>Cornugon(10)'
[23:26] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Jaela(21)>Lemure(11)>Cornugon(10)'
[23:29] * Jaela advances upon the cornugon, leveling Gae Bolg towards it and the throwaway lemure. With a cry of "Photon Lancer, Multishot!" both are speared with beams of colorful light!
[23:29] <Jaela> roll 1d20+20 SR Radiant Assault
[23:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+20 SR Radiant Assault and gets 29." [1d20=9]
[23:29] <Jaela> roll 15d6 Will DC30 half
[23:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 15d6 Will DC30 half and gets 57." [15d6=6, 3, 5, 2, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 6, 3]

Corwin

[19:57] <Kotono> roll 1d20+18
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+18 and gets 38." [1d20=20]
[19:58] <Kotono> The light stumbles the cornugon back further, the lemure completely vaporized by the blast of energy! OOC: Okay. Go Afina.
[19:58] * Kotono changes topic to 'Afina(42)>Makaril(24)>Jaela(21)>Cornugon(10)'
[20:01] <Afina> Deciding it better to keep him from rushing off to get reinforcements, Afina flies away from the Cornugon and then zaps him with a dimensional anchor!
[20:01] <Afina> roll 1d20+33 tumble
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+33 tumble and gets 37." [1d20=4]
[20:01] <Afina> OOC: AC 58 if he AoOs
[20:01] <Afina> roll 1d20+35 ranged touch
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 ranged touch and gets 51." [1d20=16]
[20:01] <Afina> roll 1d20+18 SR
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+18 SR and gets 25." [1d20=7]
[20:04] <Kotono> roll 1d20 needs a 20
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 needs a 20 and gets 10." [1d20=10]
[20:05] <Kotono> OOC: Hit and SR blocked it.
[20:06] <Kotono> Magic rips out from Afina, trying to surround him in nothingness - but the magic crackles and shatters around him! Makaril meanwhile closes in, rising up slightly and taknig stock of the burning town! OOC: Jaela, go.
[20:10] * Jaela rushes towards the cornugon! And as it is past due for her to bring out Gae Ardaigh to slay devils together, she does so and the sentient spear tries its very best to follow through on Afina's attempts to keep the devil grounded!
[20:10] <Jaela> roll 1d20+15 SR
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+15 SR and gets 31." [1d20=16]
[20:11] <Jaela> roll 1d20 ranged touch, not sure what it should roll
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20 ranged touch, not sure what it should roll and gets 1." [1d20=1]
[20:15] <Kotono> The anchor flies out, the beam hitting above the cornugon! At this moment it snarls and concentrates, before vanishing away! OOC: Free act, guys.

[20:16] <Jaela> Quite disappointed, Jaela takes a look around to see if any more buildings could be brought down in this cursed place.
[20:17] * Afina idly fires off a disintegrating ray at a supporting wall. "The devils will come back soon. If it's regulars I say we retreat, and if it's something special we kill it."
[20:18] <Kotono> The buildings are ablaze, the scent of smoke filling the air! Heat beats against you as the crackle-pop of buildings burning teases your ears. As Makaril approaches, "Unless it's too much," he says, "Valiant last stands make good stories but poor strategy. The level of response will be...intriguing.""
[20:18] <Jaela> "Could you take us to that coastal fortress you mentioned?" Jaela asks Makaril.  "We might as well take it down while we're here."
[20:24] <Kotono> OOC: Make a listen check, all.
[20:24] <Kotono> roll 1d20+31
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+31 and gets 50." [1d20=19]
[20:24] <Jaela> roll 1d20+15
[20:25] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+15 and gets 24." [1d20=9]
[20:25] <Afina> roll 1d20+29
[20:25] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+29 and gets 30." [1d20=1]
[20:25] <Kotono> "Hold," Makaril pauses, "I hear a voice calling for help, faintly. It doesn't sound like a devil's cry."
[20:26] <Jaela> "Lead the way!" Jaela says, instantly switching modes.
[20:27] <Afina> "Where?" Afina asks, turning to Makaril. Surely a trap... but no, there are still innocents left on Lifasa, she's seen them herself.
[20:29] <Kotono> Makaril leads you to the far left side of the village, past burning houses. Lying just outside of the range of flames is a young elven woman. She is nude, save for a leather collar and leash, the latter attached to a post in the ground. Her purple hair is filthy, her body covered in dirt, bruises and scars. Scars all over, of burns and cuts and slices and other things. Only her face is unmarred.
[20:29] <Kotono> She looks up with big, empty purple eyes, tongue lolling out of her mouth. She woofs like a dog thrice, before managing, "Help..." she says in a tiny voice, staring up at the trio.
[20:30] * Jaela stores her weapon away, kneeling to pick the woman up. "Break the leash?" she asks of Makaril.
[20:31] <Afina> While Jaela does that, Afina scans over the woman's mind to see if everything is as it seems.
[20:31] <Afina> OOC: DC 23 will on detect thoughts
[20:32] <Kotono> "This must not be," Makaril's blade slices through the leash,s evering it clean! OOC: What's the round by round progression detec tthoughts? Lemme resolve that real quick.
[20:33] <Afina> OOC: presence/int score/surface thoughts
[20:34] <Kotono> OOC: Yes, 20, hungry hungry master thinks I'm a fine bitch they'll take good care of me...so beautiful...help...
[20:35] <Jaela> "Anyone else, Makaril?" Jaela asks, relying on the angel with the sharpest ears present. "We're pulling back to Ysgard."
[20:35] <Afina> "Forget further attacks, lets take her back to Aurora," Afina offers her opinion.
[20:35] * Jaela nods quickly at Afina, holding the elf protectively close to her.
[20:37] <Kotono> "I don't hear anything else," he murmurs, gazing down at the woman. The elf clings to Jaela, licking at her throat and chin with a big, dopey smile. "She needs great help. She will have it."
[20:37] <Jaela> Another nod, and Jaela extends her hand to Afina and Makaril to take them to the Aurora's gates on Ysgard.
[20:50] <Kotono> In an instant the party returns to Ysgard! The elf clings ot Jaela, licking happily at her face and nuzzling.
[20:50] <Jaela> "Please stop that," Jaela says curtly, leading the way into their fortress.
[20:51] <Afina> "Heal her, Jaela. Her mind is broken," Afina instructs.
[20:51] * Jaela pauses, and calls upon a Heal spell at Afina's prompting.
[20:55] <Kotono> Healing magic wraps around the woman! She promptly falls onto her stomach, curling up into a ball and screaming!
[20:56] <Jaela> Since it's something beyond her ability to heal, Jaela rushes with her to the infirmary.
[20:57] <Afina> Afina flutters along after her, figuring what she really needs is a hug now that she won't be barking and licking everyone.
[21:02] <Kotono> A screaming trip to the infirmary. You get the elf there, covered with a blanket and lying there. Her screams slowly subside into wide eyed horror, at least silent. "No more lemures, no more lemures, no more lemures," she whimpers. Looking up, "Am I finally dead?" she asks, "Am I finally free?"
[21:03] <Jaela> "You're finally free," Jaela assures her, sitting down on her bed. "But you're not dead. We brought you to our fortress on Ysgard, the Aurora."
[21:04] <Afina> "You're free, but not dead," Afina tells her, sitting on the blanket and deciding that maybe a hug isn't so good after all. "We're Lifasans. Free Lifasans. No devils can harm you here."
[21:09] <Kotono> "Aurora..." Shuddering visibly, "I...I...heard of you," she says, as a sense of serenity, calm and love overtakes all of you. Makaril reaches out, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Speak," she says, gently. "Hell has no power here. Fear not."
[21:10] <Jaela> "You really are safe now," Jaela adds. "Any devil coming across the Aurora ends up crushed and defeated."
[21:13] <Kotono> "I am Magi Ellese," she says, voice shaking less now, "I was defeated...captured...used. My captor took me as a trophy, and declared her always desired a fine hunting dog. A fine bitch. A fine way to promote the lemures."
[21:14] <Jaela> "Were there any others in that village?" Jaela asks her, in part to divert Ellesse from that topic. "We didn't come across anyone else to rescue, but if we missed one I'll go back."
[21:15] <Afina> In some ways Ilsenine got off lucky, terrible as it is to contemplate. "You must be hungry, what do you want to eat?" Afina asks her, since it was a rather overpowering thought in her mind.
[21:53] <Kotono> "...no. Only..." Ellese freezes up a moment, exhaling, "The barbazu who garrison the town are promoted lemures. They...they are somewhat my children."
[21:54] <Afina> "We killed them all," Afina tells her, deciding to just go get some soup and bread. "I'll be back in a moment, you need something to eat."
[21:56] <Kotono> "T-thank you," Ellese shudders, "Thank you. They...murdered my children. They...oozed within me and consumed them from within and..." A deep shudder passes over her, "Became."
[21:57] * Afina shudders, partly wishing she'd gotten through the portal before hearing that. But it has to be heard, the crimes of the devils known. Stopping in the mess hall, she procures a bowl of vegetable broth and some warm buttered bread which she brings back for Ellese to eat.
[21:58] <Jaela> Where is her mother when she really needs her? This is something Jaela has no clue how to properly deal with. "Can we... I dunno, do you want anything? Need anything?" Jaela asks her awkwardly.
[21:58] <Kotono> Makaril's gaze tightens, "They have been punished for it." he whispers to her.
[22:00] <Afina> "Eat," Afina commands, setting the tray beside the bed. "Rest and recover yourself, Ellese. We will keep you safe for now, and when you are ready we will help you take revenge."
[22:01] <Kotono> Once the food is here Ellese eats slowly - with great care and grace. "I can't feel anything inside of myself any more," she says, "After the fourth or the fifth time, I stopped feeling pain." With a casual motion she takes her ring finger on her left hand and snaps it back, the sound of breaking bone like dry tinderwood. "Nothing. No pain at all."
[22:02] * Jaela snatches Ellese's arm and carefully slides the finger back in place, using a Heal spell to mend the bone. "We believe you! There's no need for self-mutilation."
[22:04] <Kotono> The wound mends, "It would have healed in a moment," Ellese protests quietly, "You know, they tasted good. The leftovers that oozed out. My master told me to eat it all, since a good dog doesn't waste anything. He said it would make me better, too. It tasted like blood."
[22:05] <Afina> "Feel it or not, your body must be healthy to wage war against hell," Afina reprimands as Jaela heals her. "I am Afina, these are Jaela and Makaril..." she trails off, wondering now... no, heal spells worked, she can't be undead. "You can eat properly here. You can remember what it was like to be a person again. The Crusade can wait."
[22:06] <Jaela> "You don't have a master. And you're a person," Jaela says tightly. "So stop hurting yourself or repeating those things."
[22:11] <Kotono> "My body's been healthy without eating much," Ellese goes on, "Master would have me cut my fingers off and eat them when I was hungry, and they grew back. I didn't get hungry much after that. The wings didn't grow back," she appends, "But I didn't eat those, either." Looking up at them, "I've gone insane, haven't I? I can't even scream now."
[22:14] <Afina> "The Heal spell should have cured any mental problems," Afina replies uncertainly. "You're lucid, which is better than before. And you're safe, you don't have to scream now," she goes on, sitting on the bed and looking up at the elf. "It'll take time before you can go back to normal, but you have that time now."
[22:16] <Kotono> "It's strange. Intellectually it should," she says, "My magical training says that. But I'm wondering if Jaela there is done with her ears, since they look so good. The cartilage is chewy and rich raw. It doesn't even disgust me anymore, even if I know it's wrong."
[22:19] <Afina> "I think she's still using them," Afina replies dryly. "One of the good things about Aurora is that it can make any sort of food you can imagine. So even if that's what you want to eat, it can provide a fresh bowl of them without hurting anyone. Be prepared for some strange looks, though."
[22:20] <Kotono> Resting back now, "I only want to know one thing right now. Can I ask you that?"
[22:21] <Afina> "Go ahead?"
[22:24] <Kotono> "Why? Why did this happen?" she asks, "Why?"
[22:26] <Afina> "Hell decided it wanted Lifasa," Afina answers. "That's the short of it. They had their Duke of Destiny get nine powerful Lifasans on their side, made them even more powerful, and they performed some sort of ritual that let Bel's armies pour all over Lifasa in a single day. As for why Hell wanted us..." Afina's face twists unpleasantly and she looks down, "They say we're good breeding stock."
[22:29] <Kotono> "...not quite breeding stock. I never gave a single real birth," Ellese says, entirely calmly, "More like living, breathing cropfields. Fertilize the field, add one lemure months later and..." Shaking her head, "Thank you. Thank you, all of you."
[22:32] <Afina> "You're welcome. Lifasans have to stick together in times like these," Afina returns, looking up. "The three of us have to see to some other business now, but we'll have someone else come keep you company, alright?"
[22:33] <Kotono> As you go off, Makaril softly states, "I fear she has been partially transmuted into a fiend," he replies, "Regenerative properties are a distinct sign, considering what has happened to her."
[22:34] <Jaela> "Uh, call me if you need me? S'long as it's not food, and-- um, yeah," Jaela says quickly, before catching up to Makaril.
[22:35] <Afina> "She's a victim, and no matter what they've done to her, she's still a Lifasan," Afina states earnestly. "We'll get Canderella and some of the Graceful Blow girls to keep an eye on her, they should be good for her and not get too disturbed in turn."
[22:37] <Jaela> "You know what I think? I think we should hit more villages."
[22:38] <Kotono> "Yes, but we should be wary of reprisals now," Makaril says, "But we have saved a life here, and hopefully a soul. If she has been transmuted, we will have to instill in her hope, mercy and a better way of living than her instincts allow her."
[22:39] <Afina> "We really should," Afina agrees. "I'll go get the girls to look after Ellese, then you can provide another target, Makaril? Every reprisal we goad is one that isn't being sent under the sea."
[22:40] <Jaela> "Yeah. Uh. Fuck their reprisals." Jaela shakes her head. "Let's kill as many as we can, get the rest panicking and save those we find in the ruins."

Corwin

[19:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With Ellese tended to for now, the group is gathered. Ithea joins the trio, as Makaril quietly and firmly stays, "Another attack, then?"
[19:55] <Jaela> "Devil fortresses won't knock themselves over," Jaela affirms. "Want to take us there this time?"
[19:59] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I can," Makaril says quietly, "Be prepared, all." He offers his hands out at this.
[19:59] * Jaela takes it, ready to sear any devils she comes across off Lifasa's surface!
[20:01] <Afina> Afina likewise takes a hand, bracing herself for a potential aquatic fight.
[20:02] * Ithea also takes it, ready to go kill devils after the wait on action from Adrian's end only to find diplomacy won the day.
[20:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 and gets 36." [1d20=15]
[20:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Rippling. Magic and the world ripples around you, like boiling water. Heat. Heat assails you, burning heat that soaks into your bones like burning pitch. Before you reality splits apart into howling miasmas of misery, faces of keening souls momentarily stealing your vision. Past this it all shatters, and you stand on the shoreline, of a bloody red ocean. It constantly tosses against the shores,
[20:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> each wave-stroke savage as the whip of an overseerer on a slave's back. Before you a cliff rises above the oceans, about 100ft. Here, built into the cliff and above it, is a great, interconnected series of small fortresses. They band into the worn stone of the shores, black stone like dying flesh in the dull, white-cast-red rock of the shores. At the shoreline you can see a great dock, several
[20:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> dozen ships of various sizes there - and things moving around them, though they're too far away to see much more.
[20:10] <Jaela> "So I see ships," Jaela says, taking off towards them. "Let's go break them?"
[20:10] <Afina> "We should destroy the docks and scuttle the ships first, then work up to the fortresses," Afina agrees, taking off after Jaela.
[20:11] <Ithea> "Sounds like a plan to me," Ithea says, quite alright with this plan of action as she also follows after the others, ready to rain havok and destruction on evil beings.
[20:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Taking any  measures to conceal or just charging right on in?
[20:24] <Jaela> OOC: I have spells that set me on righteous, glowing fire
[20:30] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> As you begin to approach the ships, you can notice activity! As you do so, one of the ships rises up, right into the air! A huge galleon, full of what looks to be cannons on the side! It takes to the air, a black sail with an image of a fire-red pentagram and green-glowing blade. On it you can see dozens and dozens of devils - barbed devils and bearded devils, as the ship begins to approach! It
[20:30] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> is currently facing you on the port side, 300ft away. In your minds a domineering, powerful voice drills into you, 'Surrender or face execution!'
[20:32] * Jaela snorts, soaring towards the ship's main mast with Gae Bolg out!
[20:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Init then.
[20:32] <Afina> "Die!" Afina cries back in her cutely high-pitched voice!

[20:32] <Afina> roll 1d20+26
[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+26 and gets 45." [1d20=19]
[20:32] <Ithea> roll d20+17
[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+17 and gets 20." [d20=3]
[20:32] <Jaela> roll 1d20+15 Sign
[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+15 Sign and gets 19." [1d20=4]
[20:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+13 Makaril
[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+13 Makaril and gets 22." [1d20=9]
[20:33] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+18 Devil Air/Sea ship
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+18 Devil Air/Sea ship  and gets 24." [1d20=6]
[20:33] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Shi(24)>Makaril(22)>Ithea(20)>Jaela(19)'
[20:33] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Open, Afina.
[20:34] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Ship(24)>Makaril(22)>Ithea(20)>Jaela(19)'
[20:35] <Ithea> roll d20+13 K:A&E for any obvious structural weakpoints on the ship and such.
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+13 K:A&E for any obvious structural weakpoints on the ship and such. and gets 31." [d20=18]
[20:35] <Afina> Flying forward, Afina conjures an incendiary cloud over the side of the ship facing them, the sparking cloud of burning smoke blocking targetting on the cannons and burning through the ship's timbers!
[20:36] <Afina> roll 4d6 fire damage and blocks sight farther than 5 feet.
[20:36] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 4d6 fire damage and blocks sight farther than 5 feet. and gets 22." [4d6=6, 6, 4, 6]
[20:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: ARe you behind or ahead of the cloud?
[20:37] <Afina> OOC: Behind. Boat is 300 feet away, I've only moved 120 so now 180 away. Also haste on party!
[20:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: How wide is the cloud?
[20:42] <Afina> OOC: 40 feet wide, 20 high
[20:45] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The flames burn at the ship - if it does damage you can't tell, a thick pall of smoke obscuring sight! Abruptly the ship begins to rise, 200ft up! A white glow surrounds it, throbbing and a metallic grinding comes from within! OOC: Makaril.
[20:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Makaril pauses for a moment, "I've heard of this," he shouts, all quietness gone from his voice, "Evade, now! It's charging up a potent magical blast!"
[20:51] <Ithea> "I can teleport us onto the ship," Ithea says immediately, as she reaches out for Makaril and Jaela since they're still within reach, ready to teleport them past it's firing range and into close and personal quarters. "Don't focus attacks on the mast, or use fire attacks, the ship's reinforced," she adds as minor warning as she tries to grab onto them.
[20:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay, Makaril holds. Go Ithea.
[20:54] <Ithea> With Makaril waiting for Ithea to act, it's easy to grab him and Jaela, and a mere second later, they all appear on the ship, with dozen of devils within reach of them. This is followed by a burst of lightning at those very same devils, jumping through as many targets as Ithea can hit.
[20:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Roll caster level.
[20:55] <Ithea> roll d20+20 CL
[20:55] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+20 CL and gets 34." [d20=14]
[20:55] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Damage.
[20:56] <Ithea> roll 21d6*1.5 reflex save halves, and further half damage to 20 targets, with main target taking full.
[20:56] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 21d6*1.5 reflex save halves, and further half damage to 20 targets, with main target taking full. and gets 102." [21d6=2, 1, 2, 5, 3, 2, 3, 3, 6, 1, 6, 4, 4, 5, 4, 2, 1, 6, 2, 1, 5]
[20:57] <Ithea> roll d20+32 K:P for devotion as well
[20:57] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+32 K:P for devotion as well and gets 52." [d20=20]
[20:57] <Jaela> roll 1d20+20 weak spots for the ship itself? K:A&E
[20:57] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+20 weak spots for the ship itself? K:A&E and gets 39." [1d20=19]
[20:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+15
[20:58] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+15 and gets 20." [1d20=5]
[20:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+8
[20:58] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+8 and gets 9." [1d20=1]
[20:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: DC?
[21:00] <Ithea> ooc: DC 22
[21:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Lightning tears through the shipmates in a flash! Barbazu are fried on the spot, the scent of cooked meat surrounding the party! A moment later Makaril is out, heading towards the helm, a barbed devil manning it!  Around are barbazu screaming in rage, starting to come closer in the meantime, around the nearby zone of electric-fried devils!
[21:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+30 (+2 charge, +1 haste, +8 smite evil, -20 PA)
[21:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+30 (+2 charge, +1 haste, +8 smite evil, -20 PA) and gets 46." [1d20=16]
[21:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d8+85+4d6
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d8+85+4d6 and gets 108." [1d8=7][4d6=5, 5, 2, 4]
[21:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+18
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+18 and gets 32." [1d20=14]
[21:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The hamatula can barely react before his head is sent flying from his body, bands of silve rand white fire dissolving its body into nothingness! OOC: Go Jaela.
[21:06] <Jaela> roll 2d6 devils within 60ft
[21:06] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 devils within 60ft and gets 3." [2d6=2, 1]
[21:09] <Jaela> While her light does little more than harrass the devils in the area, Jaela charges into their midst with Gae Dioltas!
[21:10] <Jaela> roll 1d20+44-17 (pa, charge~)
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+44-17 (pa, charge~) and gets 41." [1d20=14]
[21:10] <Jaela> roll 2d6 to anyone within ten feet
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 to anyone within ten feet and gets 7." [2d6=2, 5]
[21:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Hit.
[21:10] <Jaela> roll 3d8+78+15
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 3d8+78+15 and gets 99." [3d8=3, 2, 1]
[21:11] <Jaela> "Turn the ship around!" she calls to Makaril in the meantime, ready to receive any devil attacks and reciprocate. "Head for their fortress!"
[21:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> A pair of barbazu are skewered on Jaela's spear, tossed aside as they bleed out! A few dozen barbazu are about on the deck, a din of cries and confusion! "On it!" Makaril calls back in the meanwhile! As this happens? On the edge of the ship, 40ft away from the melee? A cornugon appears, arms crossed and wearing a decorated military uniform, capped off by an admiral's bicorne. He has a saber in
[21:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> hand, as his voice bores into your mind. It's the voice from before, 'You filthy savages attempt to board my ship?' he demands in cold fury! OOC: Adding him to init.
[21:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+12
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+12 and gets 22." [1d20=10]
[21:13] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Ship(24)>Cornugon Captain=Makaril(22)>Ithea(20)>Jaela(19)'
[21:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Go Afina.
[21:14] <Jaela> "You bet'cha!" Jaela calls over to the admiral. "Just don't run away like a little bitch as the loser we ran across a few minutes ago!"
[21:16] <Afina> Taking Makaril's warning about the blast seriously, Afina turns invisible and flies down towards the dock, her incendiary cloud descending as well and hopefully setting fire to it.
[21:16] <Afina> roll 4d6 fire
[21:16] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 4d6 fire and gets 13." [4d6=1, 4, 2, 6]
[21:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The side of the ship seems resistant to the flames as Afina soars down, getting closer and out of the way of the blast! At this the ship begins to shake, quivering with power further!  Then, a second later, the remaining barbazu charge in with fury, glaives attempting to rip everyone on deck apart, as a general melee is joined! OOC: Anyone have greater than 10ft reach?
[21:18] <Ithea> ooc: *eyes*
[21:18] <Ithea> "There's no attempt about it, devil!" Ithea says with a snort, even as her eyes start searching for a wheel or some control on the ship that she can commandeer to try and make it fire its primed magical blast at the fort.
[21:20] <Ithea> ooc: How many AoOs could I get out with 15ft reach, anyway? The 6 from CR/dex?
[21:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Go for up to 4, Ithea.
[21:21] <Ithea> roll 4#d20+44 4xAoOs
[21:21] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 4#d20+44 4xAoOs and gets 213." [4#d20+44 = 55, 57, 51, 50]
[21:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: All hit.
[21:23] <Ithea> roll 4#d10+24
[21:23] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 4#d10+24 and gets 116." [4#d10+24 = 25, 29, 28, 34]
[21:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 4#1d20+12 Makaril
[21:26] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 4#1d20+12 Makaril and gets 99." [4#1d20+12 = 22, 30, 28, 19]
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 4#1d20+16 Jaela feel free to AoO after I finish all of these, Jaela.
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 4#1d20+16 Jaela feel free to AoO after I finish all of these, Jaela. and gets 90." [4#1d20+16 = 21, 24, 27, 18]
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 4#1d20+12 Ithea
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 4#1d20+12 Ithea and gets 95." [4#1d20+12 = 16, 32, 19, 28]
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+12 crit threat
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+12 crit threat and gets 18." [1d20=6]
[21:27] <Jaela> OOC: AC 48, 20% miss chance if something does hit higher
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Any hits besides the crit threat on Ithea?
[21:27] <Ithea> ooc: AC 44 for me.
[21:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d10+5 and -2 HP each round due to infernal wound Ithea
[21:28] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d10+5 and -2 HP each round due to infernal wound Ithea and gets 15." [1d10=10]
[21:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: AoO if you wish, Jaela.
[21:29] <Jaela> roll 5#1d20+47-17
[21:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 5#1d20+47-17 and gets 206." [5#1d20+47-17 = 40, 41, 33, 43, 49]
[21:29] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: All hit.
[21:29] <Jaela> roll 5#1d8+
[21:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 5#1d8+ and gets 0." [5#1d8+ = Error: Check syntax, Error: Check syntax, Error: Check syntax, Error: Check syntax, Error: Check syntax]
[21:30] <Jaela> roll 5#1d8+37+8d6
[21:30] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 5#1d8+37+8d6 and gets 317." [5#1d8+37+8d6 = 62, 71, 66, 59, 59]
[21:30] <Jaela> roll 1d20+20 SR
[21:30] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+20 SR and gets 29." [1d20=9]
[21:30] <Jaela> roll 15d12 channeled bolt of glory
[21:30] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Success.
[21:30] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 15d12 channeled bolt of glory and gets 106." [15d12=7, 5, 5, 2, 3, 7, 8, 7, 6, 11, 8, 11, 9, 5, 12]
[21:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The barbazu around Jaela and Ithea are skewered, most of them slaughtered as they attack! Meanwhile Makaril merely ignores the ones who swing at him, going for the wheel! OOC: Makaril's actually behind Ithea now in init, haven't adjusted. Captain's up.
[21:31] <Ithea> ooc: I'll use opportunist and eat up my remaining AoOs to attack again actually.
[21:31] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Ship(24)>Cornugon Captain(22)>Ithea=Makaril(20)>Jaela(19)'
[21:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay.
[21:32] * Ithea attacks again along with Jaela's counterattack, hopefully hitting the one that got a hit in, though with all the devils on the deck, she'll hit whomever she can get in that chaos.
[21:32] <Ithea> roll 2#d20+44
[21:32] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 2#d20+44 and gets 104." [2#d20+44 = 46, 58]
[21:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Two hits.
[21:32] <Ithea> roll 2#d10+24
[21:32] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 2#d10+24 and gets 60." [2#d10+24 = 33, 27]
[21:35] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Two more barbazu go down, most of them routed in the attack! As this happens, the captain draws his saber and barks a short burst of incomprehensible words! Behind him in the open sky, a great tsunami of red appears! He points ahead with his saber, "Drown them all and drag their souls to the bottom of the Styx!" he cries, the wave going through him harmlessly before sweeping over the decks! OOC:
[21:35] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> SR check first, note your SRs after I roll.
[21:35] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21
[21:35] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 and gets 39." [1d20=18]
[21:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Fort saves, all.
[21:36] <Ithea> ooc: SR 29
[21:36] <Ithea> roll d20+27+7 fort+inspiration
[21:36] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+27+7 fort+inspiration and gets 53." [d20=19]
[21:36] <Jaela> roll 1d20+49
[21:36] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+49 and gets 56." [1d20=7]
[21:37] * Yuthirin (~Muirfinn@12.133.244.98) has joined #dunes
[21:37] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+28 Makaril
[21:37] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+28 Makaril and gets 40." [1d20=12]
[21:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The ghastly tide washes over the party, sending them sprawling back to the port side of the ship! Each of them is knocked prone, terrifically sickened as the red water vanishes away, leaving only misery and illness! The remaining barbazu are likewise swept away, beaten and battered massively, sprawled out as well! OOC: All of you are now prone and against the portside railing of the ship, 80ft
[21:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> from the captain. You're sickened for 1 minute, as well as suffering an additional -2 to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, ability checks and skill checks on top of sickened, but no other effect. Makari
[21:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Makaril is up.
[21:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Ithea too.
[21:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Makaril picks himself up in an instant, springing to the air! He flies back to the helm, even as he sends the barest glance at the captain! An orb of pure force comes from his gaze, flying out at him!
[21:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21
[21:43] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 and gets 22." [1d20=1]
[21:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the magic sputters against his resistances! OOC: Ithea, go.
[21:46] <Ithea> As Ithea stands, a burst of lightning flies from her weapon to take out the remaining devils, followed by a blast of ice getting launched at the captain, although that ray seems to be crackling with lightning! (OOC: quick cast chain lightning, then using seiryu's ability to add [lightning] to polar ray)
[21:46] <Ithea> roll d20+21 CL for chain lightning
[21:46] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+21 CL for chain lightning and gets 32." [d20=11]
[21:47] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Success on the chain lightning. Resolve that then we'll move to the polar ray.
[21:47] <Ithea> roll 21d6*1.5
[21:47] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 21d6*1.5 and gets 120." [21d6=5, 4, 5, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 4, 1, 3, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 5]
[21:47] <Ithea> ooc: dc 22 same as before
[21:47] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: No point, they're dead eitherw ay. Roll attack on the ray first.
[21:48] <Ithea> roll d20+25-2-2 penalties for sickened and extra -2
[21:48] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25-2-2 penalties for sickened and extra -2 and gets 28." [d20=7]
[21:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: No SR, he's doing something in reaction.
[21:49] <Ithea> ooc: so roll damage, or wait for reaction?
[21:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The ray of lightning and ice flies out! The captain's saber comes down, smacking at the ray like a bat! It abruptly reverses direction, coming back right at Ithea! OOC: Make na attack roll against yourself, and if that success, a caster level check. You can't take 1 or auto fail them.
[21:50] <Ithea> roll d20+25-2-2 attack against myself!
[21:50] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25-2-2 attack against myself! and gets 30." [d20=9]
[21:50] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Does that hit your touch AC?
[21:50] <Ithea> ooc: my touch AC is exactly 30. Alas.
[21:50] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: SR check then.
[21:51] <Ithea> roll d20+21 SR check against myself.
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+21 SR check against myself. and gets 32." [d20=11]
[21:51] <Ithea> ooc: I hit myself!
[21:51] <Ithea> roll 21d6*1.5 this will hurt
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 21d6*1.5 this will hurt and gets 115.5." [21d6=4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 2, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5]
[21:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Roll damage, y-ow.
[21:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The beam hits Ithea head on, Ithea's fury going out straight as he body convulses with her own magical power! Black smoke rises from her blasted body, as she stays up despite the pain! OOC: Ow. Jaela.
[21:52] * Jaela rolls to her feet, shaking her head to clear it. "You did not just send that nasty shit at me," she mutters, spitting on the deck. She advances upon the cornugon, Gae Bolg out. "Wanna tell me your name before you expire?"
[21:52] <Jaela> OOC: Quickened True Strike, move to stand up, standard to get in melee with him, Gambit
[21:53] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Afina, go.
[21:55] <Afina> The diabolical impetus to fireproof everything they make leads Afina to abandon her incendiary cloud and let it drift where it pleases over the docks. In the meantime she invisibly dimension doors herself into the hold of the galleon above!
[21:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Like within the ship itself?
[21:56] <Afina> OOC: yes
[21:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay.
[21:57] <Jaela> roll 4d6 to him by being near me
[21:57] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 4d6 to him by being near me and gets 14." [4d6=1, 4, 4, 5]
[21:57] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Afina appears within - a hell of searing hot metal, barbazu and lemures! Some sort of great gearworks, throbbing and shaking with heat! The grinding of metal is a deafening din, savaging her ears! OOC: Make a fortitude save, Afina?
[21:58] <Afina> roll 1d20+21 unexpected!
[21:58] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+21 unexpected! and gets 30." [1d20=9]
[22:00] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> All about this tight and cramped space are works of metal - twisted, burning things. Barbazu are all around, working - working levels and switches in this unknown machine, screaming and yet silent, nothing but the din o fmetal heart. The ship regularly shakes, like a man in seizure! OOC: Okay, meanwhilethe ship is up.
[22:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Above decks, the ship begins to glow all over and shake! A palpable sense of power fills the air, as the cornugon captain glares down at Jaela! He says not a word, as miasma of pure, crushing black surrounds her, like a vice-grip!
[22:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR?
[22:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR? and gets 35." [1d20=14]
[22:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Will save.
[22:01] <Jaela> OOC: SR 28, 36 vs evil spells
[22:01] <Jaela> roll 1d20+48-4
[22:01] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+48-4 and gets 53." [1d20=9]
[22:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Whazzat for?
[22:02] <Jaela> OOC: Will
[22:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Oh.
[22:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Dur.
[22:02] <Jaela> OOC: You didn't say if it's an evil spell
[22:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the spell shatters against her, protected by magic! A moment later he points out with his saber, another red tide coming! It washes over the ship once more, bringing misery and sickness! OOC: Fort again, all.
[22:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Wait, SR.
[22:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21
[22:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 and gets 32." [1d20=11]
[22:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Now fort.
[22:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+28 Makaril
[22:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+28 Makaril and gets 33." [1d20=5]
[22:03] <Ithea> roll d20+27+7 fort+inspiration
[22:03] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+27+7 fort+inspiration and gets 41." [d20=7]
[22:04] <Jaela> roll 1d20+49-4
[22:04] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+49-4 and gets 52." [1d20=7]
[22:05] <Ithea> ooc: ah right, -4 to my roll for sickening stuff.
[22:08] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The wave smashes into the party again, sending them back and prone against the port railing! Now the misery is too much - nausea overtakes the trio, rendering them weak! OOC: Nauseated for 9 rounds. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#nauseated Ithea and Makaril are up.
[22:09] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Now the Captain smirks a moment, "What was that, you worthless dog?" he barks, "Kneel, like the worthless souls you are!"
[22:09] <Jaela> OOC: Gimme a sec
[22:11] * Ithea winces, as she stumbles closer towards Jaela, and the captain as a result. Hopefully Jaela has something that can clear up this nausea so they can kill this guy. Or she can just flat-out kill him herself. That would do the trick too.
[22:12] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Makaril staggers up, grimacing as he does so! OOC: Jaela.
[22:14] <Ithea> ooc: I should actually only be able to stand up myself, and not move, because of nausea.
[22:14] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Indeed.
[22:15] * Jaela stands up herself, trying very hard to find something to do.
[22:15] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay, Afina. Go.
[22:17] <Jaela> roll 2d6 to him anyway
[22:17] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 2d6 to him anyway and gets 6." [2d6=1, 5]
[22:17] <Afina> Not wanting to remain here any longer but intending to do some damage, Afina freezes time - and the awful racket - for the instant it takes to disintegrate what looks to be the biggest focal point of machinery nearby before dimension dooring up above the deck!
[22:18] <Afina> roll 1d20+35 I guess an attack roll in case I critfail is needed
[22:18] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 I guess an attack roll in case I critfail is needed and gets 45." [1d20=10]
[22:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Damage.
[22:19] <Afina> OOC: objects are just automatically disintegrated
[22:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Roll it anyway, for something on my side of the screen.
[22:20] <Afina> roll 36d6+2d6+2
[22:20] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 36d6+2d6+2 and gets 132."][2d6=6, 2]
[22:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Afina so reappears in the middle of the deck, 40ft away from the cornugon captain! A moment later the ship quiets a moment and begins to lurk abruptly to the side! "What in the name of the Nine Hells!?" The captain grimaces! Staring a moment at Afina, a black, crushing miasma surrounds her!
[22:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR?
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR? and gets 25." [1d20=4]
[22:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the magic shatters against Afina! A moment later the Captain glowers, another burst following the first!
[22:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR?
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR? and gets 39." [1d20=18]
[22:22] <Afina> OOC: 33 and I'm invis!
[22:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Oh right, strike all that then.
[22:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The captain smirks at Jaela, two bursts of crushing black miasma surrounding her and the others! The first fizzles, but the second engulfs all! OOC: You resisted the first spell, Ithea, choose your benefit. Will for the rest of you.
[22:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Will for all of yo uon the second save Afina, obviously. Dur.
[22:24] <Jaela> roll 1d20+48-4
[22:24] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+48-4 and gets 63." [1d20=19]
[22:24] <Ithea> ooc: temp HP, same as always. what level, Dune?
[22:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: 7th.
[22:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+33 forgot Makaril had mettle against evil outsiders. >_<
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+33 forgot Makaril had mettle against evil outsiders. >_< and gets 41." [1d20=8]
[22:25] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 will+inspiration (add +4 if a fear effect)
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 will+inspiration (add +4 if a fear effect) and gets 37." [d20=5]
[22:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 10d8*1.5 halve this, Ithea only
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 10d8*1.5 halve this, Ithea only and gets 55.5." [10d8=3, 7, 4, 3, 4, 1, 7, 1, 4, 3]
[22:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 20d6*1.5 halve this, Makaril and Jaela
[22:26] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 20d6*1.5 halve this, Makaril and Jaela and gets 121.5." [20d6=3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 6, 4, 6, 1, 5, 3, 2, 6, 5, 2, 4]
[22:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The raw, overwhelming force leaves each feeling worse somehow, a slimy residue over them, like a physical and spiritual malaise! The captain meanwhile lifts off the deck slightly, looking at the lurching ship with a look of concern! OOC: Ithea'n'Makaril.
[22:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Makaril staggers up, grimacing in pain but heading towards the helm, wings working! OOC: Ithe.a
[22:31] * Ithea is getting a little tired of this constant battering as she also staggers closer towards the captain.
[22:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Jaela.
[22:32] * Jaela leans back to catch her breath and wait for her chance to act.
[22:32] <Jaela> OOC: I'll hold
[22:33] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Afina.
[22:34] <Afina> Appearing now that her invisibility has no purpose, Afina flies right at the devil captain, socking him in the jaw with a quick one two before flying straight up above him!
[22:34] <Afina> roll 1d20+36
[22:34] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 and gets 38." [1d20=2]
[22:34] <Afina> roll 1d20+32
[22:34] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+32 and gets 33." [1d20=1]
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Afina swings twice, but both blows manage to miss the cornugon entirely! Despite it all the devil glares up in utter disbelief at a pixie swinging at him! Meanwhile the ship shudders again, cracks starting to appear on the middle of the deck! AT this cornugon glares up, "Unbelievable..." he mutters in a hateful rasp, before flinging up two dark miasmas up at Afina!
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR 1
[22:36] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR 1 and gets 27." [1d20=6]
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR 2
[22:36] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR 2 and gets 23." [1d20=2]
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: SR?
[22:36] <Afina> OOC: 33
[22:37] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But both shatter into nothingness against her, failing! OOC: Ithea'n'Makaril.
[22:38] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Reaching the wheel, Makaril throws his body into it, sending it spinning! The ship lurches again, starting to turn and dip in the air, downwards! OOC: Ithea.
[22:40] * Ithea moves until she can stand guard for Makaril, not feeling capable of doing much more than attempting to shield him from retaliation from the cornugon. It'll have to go through her to try and stop Makaril and that might be enough.
[22:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Jaela.
[22:40] * Jaela thinks of Gae Ardaigh, and he comes into her hands, responding to her will! She can hardly aim it properly at the cornugon as she perches on the ship's bow, but such matters are irrelevant for a sentient weapon. All she can do is wish it luck as Gae Ardaigh attempts to lock the devil leader into going down with his ship!
[22:40] <Jaela> roll 1d20+15 SR
[22:40] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+15 SR and gets 32." [1d20=17]
[22:40] <Jaela> roll 1d20 what does it use for ranged touch attack?
[22:40] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20 what does it use for ranged touch attack? and gets 9." [1d20=9]
[22:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Success, but DA requires a ranged touch roll. I have no idea what, lemme read intelligent weapons real quick. It has a low touch AC, so if it has much of a bonus that hits.
[22:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: It doesn't say. For the moment I'm going to assume half of your bab in a decidely familiarish interp. That's a hit and we'll use that for this session, I'll figure it out post session.
[22:43] <Jaela> OOC: Okay. Dimensionally Anchored, then
[22:44] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The green beam hits the cornugon, tying him down to this dimension and this dimension alone! He looks in surprise again, as...OOC: Afina.
[22:45] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Ship(24)>Cornugon Captain(22)>Ithea=Makaril(20)>Jaela(19) (6 rounds)'
[22:45] <Afina> Since fists don't work she'll rely on feet! Streaking downwards she stomps down hard on the devil's head and bounces back up again!
[22:45] <Afina> roll 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike
[22:45] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike and gets 61." [1d20=20]
[22:45] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike
[22:45] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike and gets 39." [1d20=3]
[22:45] <Afina> roll 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike crit?
[22:45] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike crit? and gets 53." [1d20=12]
[22:45] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: That is indeed a crit.
[22:46] <Afina> roll 2d3+26+5d6+2d6+5d4
[22:46] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 2d3+26+5d6+2d6+5d4 and gets 71." [2d3=1, 3][5d6=4, 3, 6, 5, 3][2d6=6, 6][5d4=2, 2, 1, 2, 1]
[22:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> WHAM! The heavy kick catches the devil full flush in the face as he looks pu, a pixie boot stamping the devil's face! Blood comes from his burst nose, a cry of utter disbelief and pain - followed by a loud, metal tearing shudder of the ship! The ship begins to quake violently, as Afina bounces off him and back up!  He abruptly flies 50ft away, as a black pressure again surrounds Afina, as he
[22:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> begins to be left behind as the lurching ship advances roughly in the direction of the cliffs and base!
[22:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR
[22:48] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR and gets 39." [1d20=18]
[22:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Will, Afina.
[22:48] <Afina> roll 1d20+31
[22:48] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+31 and gets 44." [1d20=13]
[22:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 20d6 halve this at least he blew his empowereds.
[22:49] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 20d6 halve this at least he blew his empowereds. and gets 63." [20d6=3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2, 5, 1, 2, 1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2]
[22:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The burst of power is anathema to Afina, feeling utterly wrong and leaving her quailing and queasy! Nonetheless she endures, as...OOC: Makaril and Ithea.
[22:51] * Ithea holds her position besides Makaril, letting him direct the ship.
[22:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With all his energy he directs it further, before shuddering, "It's on course," heg asps out! OOC: Jaela.
[22:51] <Jaela> Ithea is with Makaril. They should be able to watch one another. That means that Jaela rises into the air after Afina after storing Gae Ardaigh away, displaying the worst form she had ever since she first learned how to fly.
[22:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Jaela wobbles in the air as the ship leaves her behind, shaking like a leaf! Nonetheless she takes to the air, as...OOC: Afina. He's 50ft ahead of you and 40ft ot the left, as the chip continues to lurch away. He's off the ship now, as is Jaela.
[22:54] <Afina> Afina flies right after the devil and roundhouse kicks him soundly in the face before flying off to the side and out of reach!
[22:54] <Afina> roll 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike
[22:54] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+41 5th level arcane strike and gets 54." [1d20=13]
[22:54] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike
[22:54] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike and gets 56." [1d20=20]
[22:54] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike crit?
[22:54] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike crit? and gets 54." [1d20=18]
[22:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Hit and a crit.
[22:54] <Afina> roll 1d3+13+5d6+2d6+5d4
[22:54] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d3+13+5d6+2d6+5d4 and gets 58." [1d3=3][5d6=5, 4, 4, 4, 4][2d6=3, 6][5d4=2, 3, 1, 2, 4]
[22:55] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Afina(45)>Air/Sea Ship(24)>Cornugon Captain(22)>Ithea=Makaril(20)>Jaela(19) (5 rounds)'
[22:55] <Afina> roll 2d3+26+5d6+2d6+5d4
[22:55] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 2d3+26+5d6+2d6+5d4 and gets 69." [2d3=2, 1][5d6=1, 4, 3, 6, 3][2d6=5, 4][5d4=1, 3, 2, 4, 4]
[22:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Pixie-fu comes through again, as the devil's face is knocked about! His body wobbles, face a broken mask of blood and hate! But before anything else can happen, the ship lurches forward further - and with a titanic shudder, explosions rip through it massively, the center breaking apart in a din of tearing wood and breaking metal! OOC: Reflex saves, Makaril and Ithea.
[22:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+32 reflex Makaril
[22:56] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+32 reflex Makaril and gets 49." [1d20=17]
[22:59] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 evasion
[22:59] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 evasion and gets 41." [d20=9]
[23:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 40d6 full Ithea and half Makaril ow, at least Jaela cast fortunate fate on you.
[23:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 40d6 full Ithea and half Makaril ow, at least Jaela cast fortunate fate on you. and gets 162."]
[23:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The burst is a great explosion of metal andd fire and wood, ravaging both! The ship is exploding around the two, as powerful magic momentarily saves Ithea's life, curing her nausea! OOC: Captain is up.
[23:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With a snarl now, the captain points one hand out, "Die," he rasps, pointing at Afina, as a beam of pure frost flies out at her!
[23:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+32 touch AC?
[23:04] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+32 touch AC? and gets 45." [1d20=13]
[23:04] <Afina> OOC: 42
[23:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+21 SR
[23:04] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+21 SR and gets 24." [1d20=3]
[23:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the miserable beam only makes Afina shiver a moment, the blast crackling apart around her! Smoke fills the air from the explosions, starting to obscure the world around you! OOC: Ithea'n'Makaril.
[23:06] <Ithea> Narrowing her eyes as she feels recovered for almost dying, thanks to Jaela's spell, Ithea uses another teleport spell, taking Makaril with her so he doesn't get pinned by some debris or get stuck in any secondary explosions, even as she reappears above the devil captain. "No, you die!" she exclaims as she lets go of Makaril and attacks in full fury. (OOC: AS+5, vampiric touch)
[23:07] <Ithea> roll d20+35 PA-10
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+35 PA-10 and gets 42." [d20=7]
[23:07] <Ithea> roll d20+35 PA-10
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+35 PA-10 and gets 48." [d20=13]
[23:07] <Ithea> roll d20+30 PA-10
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+30 PA-10 and gets 46." [d20=16]
[23:07] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 PA-10 inspiration
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 PA-10 inspiration and gets 42." [d20=10]
[23:07] <Ithea> roll d20+20+7 PA-10 inspiration
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+20+7 PA-10 inspiration and gets 29." [d20=2]
[23:07] <Ithea> ooc: add +1 for appearing above him as well, I guess
[23:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Two hits.
[23:10] <Ithea> roll 2#d10+45+2d6+5d4
[23:10] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 2#d10+45+2d6+5d4 and gets 137." [2#d10+45+2d6+5d4 = 68, 69]
[23:10] <Ithea> roll d20+24 SR
[23:10] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+24 SR and gets 25." [d20=1]
[23:11] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The devil, already sorely wounded, plunges down after Ithea rips his chest asunder, plunging into the waves! MEanwhile a massive explosion rocks all of you, coming in the direction of the fortress! OOC: Free act.

Corwin

[23:12] * Afina takes in the overall situation to see how damaged the fortress is before deciding whether to go back to slowly destroying the fire immune docks.
[23:13] * Jaela catches the falling fiendish admiral as he drops towards her! Taking her time, she first tries to center herself and only then look around at the situation.
[23:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Right now the fortress is all explosions and smoke, as the ship is crashing into it as it explodes again and again! Around you is chaos - below you can see lesser devils milling about, as...OOC: Make spot checks, all.
[23:14] <Ithea> roll d20+44
[23:14] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+44 and gets 57." [d20=13]
[23:14] <Afina> roll 1d20+33
[23:14] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+33 and gets 50." [1d20=17]
[23:14] <Jaela> roll 1d20+13
[23:14] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+13 and gets 32." [1d20=19]
[23:14] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+32
[23:14] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+32 and gets 33." [1d20=1]
[23:15] <Ithea> As her glaive's blade transforms into a pair of colored wings of light, Ithea slowly floats back towards ground level, using some healing on herself while drifting downward.
[23:15] <Ithea> roll 4d8+20
[23:15] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 4d8+20 and gets 40." [4d8=6, 8, 3, 3]
[23:16] <Ithea> ooc: Hold on that, as per PM.
[23:18] <Ithea> "Jaela! Something's heading towards your position!" Ithea calls out in warning, not sure what exactly it is, but it can't be good. Air is not her domain of choice however, and as her glaive's blade transforms into a pair of colored wings of light, Ithea directs her flight down towards her ally even as she heals herself.
[23:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Init, surprise round averted.

[23:18] <Afina> roll 1d20+26
[23:18] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+26 and gets 28." [1d20=2]
[23:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+12 ????
[23:19] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+12 ???? and gets 32." [1d20=20]
[23:19] <Jaela> roll 1d20+11
[23:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+13 Makaril
[23:19] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+13 Makaril and gets 15." [1d20=2]
[23:19] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+11 and gets 18." [1d20=7]
[23:19] <Ithea> roll d20+17+5 nerveskitter
[23:19] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+17+5 nerveskitter and gets 32." [d20=10]
[23:19] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to '????=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15)'
[23:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Ithea'n'Dragon are up.
[23:20] <Ithea> ooc: Did I get my healing off before fight?
[23:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Yes.
[23:21] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to '????=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (4 rounds)'
[23:24] * Ithea flies towards the new arrival, transforming her glaive right back into a weapon as she attempts to intercept and spear it from above, charging it's blade with some magical power. (OOC: vampiric touch)
[23:24] <Ithea> ooc: knowledge check for devotion or need to wait for it yet?
[23:24] <Ithea> ooc: also, want to use chaos devotion, so...
[23:24] <Ithea> roll d10
[23:24] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d10 and gets 1." [d10=1]
[23:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: You can't see it and tell what it is, so no check yet. Can't have knowledge about what you aren't really aware of.
[23:24] <Ithea> ooc: okay
[23:25] <Ithea> roll d20+37 attack
[23:25] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+37 attack and gets 55." [d20=18]
[23:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: d100.
[23:26] <Ithea> ooc: does ghost touch weapon help skip d100s?
[23:26] <Ithea> roll d100
[23:26] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d100 and gets 8." [d100=8]
[23:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Not in this case, it's not an ethereal source of miss cha-ow.
[23:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Ithea flies in and swings at the air - but nothing happens! The party can see the faintest flickering, as...OOC: Ithea, what are you wearing?
[23:27] <Ithea> ooc: my usual armor and gear, with normal clothing underneath?
[23:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+55 flatfooted AC?
[23:28] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+55 flatfooted AC? and gets 75." [1d20=20]
[23:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+55 flatfooted AC? ow
[23:28] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+55 flatfooted AC? ow and gets 62." [1d20=7]
[23:28] <Ithea> ooc: that's a crit
[23:29] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 8d8+68 ow and what's your armor made of?
[23:29] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 8d8+68 ow and what's your armor made of? and gets 100." [8d8=5, 7, 5, 2, 1, 7, 1, 4]
[23:29] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Doesn't beat your DR at least.
[23:29] <Ithea> ooc: mithral breastplate
[23:29] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Reflex save. Evasion doesn't apply here - it doesn't matter, and passing this save doesn't affect the damage taken.
[23:29] <Ithea> ooc: Glamered Nimbleness Ghost Ward Mithral Breastplate+4 to be more specific
[23:30] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 reflex+inspiration but no evasion
[23:30] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 reflex+inspiration but no evasion and gets 43." [d20=11]
[23:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Suddenly a great big chunk of Ithea is gone, out of her side! Blood pours out as lines of rust spread up her armor, but not all the way! There's the faintest rippling in the air to the side, as suddenly a great cone of rust-red liquid engulfs you all! OOC: Reflex saves, all.
[23:32] <Afina> roll 1d20+33 evasion
[23:32] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+33 evasion and gets 37." [1d20=4]
[23:32] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 evasion
[23:32] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 evasion and gets 36." [d20=4]
[23:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+32 Makaril, doesn't matter much since Makaril is an artifact and not subject to this.
[23:32] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+32 Makaril, doesn't matter much since Makaril is an artifact and not subject to this. and gets 47." [1d20=15]
[23:32] <Jaela> roll 1d20+48-4
[23:32] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+48-4 and gets 54." [1d20=10]
[23:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Any article of gear on you that is made of metal is destroyed for Ithea and Afina. Note losses in #thecauldron and let me know when you're done with adjustments. Makaril and Jaela made the save. Note if you have anything sticky, like a metallic extradimensional space.
[23:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Artifacts are not subject to this ability.
[23:42] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Ithea is caught by the breath, armor falling away into dust, leaving her clothes behind! Gear crumbles from her like a rain of rust from an old blade being cleansed, as you can see the faint ripplings 30ft away now, to the left of the party. OOC: Okeay, Afina, go.
[23:48] <Afina> This is what they were hoping to face, although letting it set the terms of the battle is unfortunate... Speeding herself up immensely, Afina casts true strike and draws the blade of endings as she positions herself over the rippling. Tiamat won't be bringing this one back, she thinks as the unmatter descends in a careful stab!
[23:48] <Afina> roll 1d20+54 true strike, careful attack to avoid dying on critfail, 5th level arcane strike
[23:48] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+54 true strike, careful attack to avoid dying on critfail, 5th level arcane strike and gets 61." [1d20=7]
[23:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Hit. Moment while I check things.
[23:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+33 fortitude 21-40 HD range
[23:51] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+33 fortitude 21-40 HD range and gets 40." [1d20=7]
[23:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Damage.
[23:52] <Afina> roll 40d6 I will full attack if this doesn't kill it, which I doubt it will
[23:52] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 40d6 I will full attack if this doesn't kill it, which I doubt it will and gets 137."]
[23:52] * Ithea looks horrified at the creature as most of her belongings follow in the same path as her nonmagical belongings just a short time ago. Balyss's so called 'luck' was definitely crap, dammit!
[23:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Make your attack routine.
[23:52] <Afina> roll 1d20+36
[23:52] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 and gets 49." [1d20=13]
[23:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: No miss chance on the rest of these for reasons that'll become apparent when I describe the whole thing.
[23:53] <Afina> roll 1d20+31
[23:53] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+31 and gets 39." [1d20=8]
[23:53] <Afina> roll 1d20+26
[23:53] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+26 and gets 42." [1d20=16]
[23:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Afina stabs down! The gap in Creation pierces into the ripple - and abruptly space shatters! There is a sickening gush of light, sound and being! Below Afina is now a vast, rust colored dragon, twisting in the air as parts of it crumble away like dust! From it streams of sound come - whispers, whispering to you of secrecy, of unknown, of things hidden in the night! It streams off the dragon,
[23:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> bidding you to forget everything, to forget the world, the air, the earth, the water, the fire, and even yourselves! OOC: Will saves, all. Mind-affecting.
[23:55] <Jaela> OOC: All of us but Ithea are immune to that
[23:55] <Ithea> ooc: If it's a dragon's frightful presence, I'm immune as well actually.
[23:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: It's not, but a unique effect as anathemic secrecy is destroyed.
[23:57] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 will+inspiration then
[23:57] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 will+inspiration then and gets 41." [d20=9]
[23:57] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Yet the whispers are resisted, magic and strong minds shielding all of you! OOC: Jaela.
[23:58] <Ithea> roll d20+37 K:A
[23:58] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+37 K:A and gets 49." [d20=12]
[23:58] <Jaela> Regrettable though it is, Jaela sends her armor and shield away into storage. It wouldn't serve to help her against this dragon, anyway, and better to be safe than sorry.
[23:59] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay, Makaril. He's holding since naseua, inc ase he needs to move suddenly. Dragon'n'Ithea are up.
[23:59] * Jaela changes topic to '????=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (3 rounds)'
[23:59] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (3 rounds)'
[00:00] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "No...no...NO!" The dragon screams, "DON'T LOOK AT ME! DON'T LOOK AT ME!" Howling in berserk fury, it turns all of its attention on Afina, biting, clawing and winging at her as it screams DON'T LOOK AT ME!
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) bite
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) bite and gets 59." [1d20=14]
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) claw 1
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) claw 1 and gets 59." [1d20=14]
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) claw 2
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) claw 2 and gets 52." [1d20=7]
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) wing 1
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) wing 2
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) wing 1 and gets 52." [1d20=7]
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) wing 2 and gets 50." [1d20=5]
[00:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+45 (-10 PA) tail slap
[00:01] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+45 (-10 PA) tail slap and gets 55." [1d20=10]
[00:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: AC, Afina?
[00:02] <Afina> OOC: AC 55
[00:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Miss chance up?
[00:02] <Afina> OOC: oh yes!
[00:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d100 bite 51+
[00:02] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d100 bite 51+ and gets 15." [1d100=15]
[00:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d100 claw 1
[00:02] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d100 claw 1 and gets 69." [1d100=69]
[00:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d100 tail
[00:02] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d100 tail and gets 31." [1d100=31]
[00:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 4d6+42 does not beat DR at least
[00:03] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 4d6+42 does not beat DR at least and gets 54." [4d6=3, 4, 1, 4]
[00:03] * Ithea casts a spell to ensure her next spell has a good chance of hitting the dragon as she drifts down, looking at the dragon with such a dark glare, pissed off that such a ridiculous beast is responsible for her latest mishap. (OOC: spell is true casting)
[00:04] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (2 rounds)'
[00:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Afina, go.
[00:05] <Afina> "Trust me, I'd rather not," Afina replies bitterly as she rights herself from the claw that got through, speeding herself up again to cast true strike before she flies around the dragon's head, carefully stabbing!
[00:05] <Afina> roll 1d20+57 7th level arcane strike
[00:05] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+57 7th level arcane strike and gets 73." [1d20=16]
[00:06] * Yuthirin (~Muirfinn@12.133.244.98) has joined #dunes
[00:06] <Afina> roll 1d20+43 7th level arcane strike
[00:06] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+43 7th level arcane strike and gets 49." [1d20=6]
[00:06] <Afina> OOC: DC 40 fort
[00:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+33
[00:06] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+33 and gets 48." [1d20=15]
[00:06] <Afina> roll 40d6
[00:06] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 40d6 and gets 142."]
[00:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> More of the dragon fades away from that grazing slash, shuddering and falling away into dust! The chorus of the dragon's cries continue, roaring so loud as to drown out the exploding fortress nearby! OOC: Jaela.
[00:08] <Afina> OOC: around the head and AWAY that is
[00:08] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Righto.
[00:08] <Jaela> A different armor takes the place of the millennial one! Brokion wouldn't stop any attacks on her, but it would allow Jaela to survive long enough to retaliate.
[00:09] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Makaril holds again. 1 more round to go. Dragon'n'Ithea are up.
[00:09] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (1 round)'
[00:10] <Ithea> roll d10 chaos devotion should still be up
[00:10] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d10 chaos devotion should still be up and gets 10." [d10=10]
[00:10] <Ithea> ooc: eh, sorta useful if I piss it off with this
[00:10] * Ithea fires an enervation at the dragon as she continues to float further away!
[00:11] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 inspiration ranged touch
[00:11] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 inspiration ranged touch and gets 44." [d20=12]
[00:11] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Hit.
[00:11] <Ithea> roll d20+29 SR
[00:11] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+29 SR and gets 43." [d20=14]
[00:11] <Ithea> roll d4
[00:11] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d4 and gets 2." [d4=2]
[00:11] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: +29?
[00:11] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (2 round)'
[00:11] <Ithea> ooc: true casting last round?
[00:12] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Oh dur. Okay.
[00:12] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon(-2 levels)=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (2 round)'
[00:12] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: How far away did you fly, Afina?
[00:12] <Afina> OOC: 40 feet lets say
[00:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The dragon roars, completely enraged! It flies ahead at Afina, "Just...just DIE!" it howls, trying to destroy her in one huge bite!
[00:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+37 (+2 charge, -20 PA not really staying rational here)
[00:13] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+37 (+2 charge, -20 PA not really staying rational here) and gets 38." [1d20=1]
[00:14] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the bite is errant, nothing but a berserk snap nearby! At the sametime a beam hits it, body withering under the assault! OOC: Okay, Afian.
[00:16] <Afina> Afina takes a deep breath, glad that the weird sensation only occured from the first attack since if it was a facet of the blade she'd have a lot of trouble using it... as it is she dislikes brandishing it so much, but until the dragon dies she has little choice. "Hush, soon no one will ever see you again, not even Tiamat," she promises before flying right under the jaw that just missed her,
[00:16] <Afina> driving the unmatter into the dragon's heart and diving away! With her usual high speed true strike that the weapon requires.
[00:16] <Afina> roll 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike
[00:16] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike and gets 57." [1d20=3]
[00:16] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike
[00:16] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike and gets 42." [1d20=6]
[00:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels)
[00:17] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels) and gets 51." [1d20=20]
[00:17] <Afina> roll 40d6
[00:17] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 40d6 and gets 131."]
[00:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> More of the dragon is rippled apart, wings struggling to stay up as much of them is dust on the wind! OOC: Jaela.
[00:18] <Jaela> This time, there is little Jaela can do but hope that she'll recover in time to matter.
[00:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Same with Makaril. Ithea'n'Dragon.
[00:18] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon(-2 levels)=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (1 round)'
[00:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+37 (+2 charge, -20 PA not really staying rational here)
[00:13] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+37 (+2 charge, -20 PA not really staying rational here) and gets 38." [1d20=1]
[00:14] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But the bite is errant, nothing but a berserk snap nearby! At the sametime a beam hits it, body withering under the assault! OOC: Okay, Afian.
[00:16] <Afina> Afina takes a deep breath, glad that the weird sensation only occured from the first attack since if it was a facet of the blade she'd have a lot of trouble using it... as it is she dislikes brandishing it so much, but until the dragon dies she has little choice. "Hush, soon no one will ever see you again, not even Tiamat," she promises before flying right under the jaw that just missed her,
[00:16] <Afina> driving the unmatter into the dragon's heart and diving away! With her usual high speed true strike that the weapon requires.
[00:16] <Afina> roll 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike
[00:16] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike and gets 57." [1d20=3]
[00:16] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike
[00:16] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike and gets 42." [1d20=6]
[00:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels)
[00:17] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels) and gets 51." [1d20=20]
[00:17] <Afina> roll 40d6
[00:17] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 40d6 and gets 131."]
[00:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> More of the dragon is rippled apart, wings struggling to stay up as much of them is dust on the wind! OOC: Jaela.
[00:18] <Jaela> This time, there is little Jaela can do but hope that she'll recover in time to matter.
[00:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Same with Makaril. Ithea'n'Dragon.
[00:18] * Infinite_Ko_Loop changes topic to 'Rust Dragon(-2 levels)=Ithea(32)>Afina(28)>Jaela(18)>Makaril(15) (1 round)'
[00:19] * Ithea uses dimension door to teleport much closer to the ground, not wanting to risk becoming a splat while the others are focusing on the dragon.
[00:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Where are you now, Afina?
[00:20] <Afina> OOC: 40 feet away from the dragon
[00:20] <Afina> OOC: below and behind
[00:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Wobbling in the air the dragon turns and twists it's half gone neck around, a line of acid coming out right for her! OOC: Ref.
[00:22] <Afina> roll 1d20+33 evasion
[00:22] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+33 evasion and gets 45." [1d20=12]
[00:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> But Afina narrowly avoids the acid, missing her by an inch! OOC: Lucky you. Go Afina.
[00:24] <Afina> Well... that happened a lot sooner than she'd expected. Dearly hoping it won't be come a maddening fixture in her life, Afina speeds herself up and casts true strike again before stabbing the dragon, hopefully for the last time!
[00:24] <Afina> roll 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike
[00:24] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+54 5th level arcane strike and gets 65." [1d20=11]
[00:24] <Afina> roll 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike
[00:24] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+36 5th level arcane strike and gets 38." [1d20=2]
[00:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels)
[00:24] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d20+31 (-2 negative levels) and gets 35." [1d20=4]
[00:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With that stab, the entire dragon simply ceases to be. Nothing - just empty air where it was, the sound of b urning and crashing rock from the fotress taking over now that the dragon is gone! OOC: Free act.

[00:26] * Ithea waits safely on the ground level for someone to pick her up if they're getting ready to take off now.
[00:26] <Afina> Hiding the damned blade away in quilium, Afina shudders before moving to regroup with the others still airborne, looking down to make sure Ithea is safe.
[00:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Ithea is groundborn, as Makaril follows shakily, "Such foul magic," he murmurs, "We need to make our escape before more reinforcements come. Doubtless we have attracted attention now."
[00:27] <Jaela> Naturally, this is when Jaela fully recovers. With a sigh, she stuff their defeated devil admiral into her bag of holding after a smack at his nogging and then floats down after the others.
[00:27] <Afina> "Yes, lets leave. We've done what we were aiming for," Afina nods grimly.
[00:27] <Jaela> Ithea, obviously, is the recepient of a Heal and then Jaela takes them all back to the Aurora's gates.