News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

054.11 Ithea

Started by Corwin, November 10, 2012, 07:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:11] <Kotono> Ithea rests after her trip out. She lies in her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she tries to put the horrors behind her. "Ithea?" Adrian's voice, coming through the door followed by a knock. "Elena said you were back here."
[20:13] <Ithea> "Yes, I'm here," Ithea answers as she moves to open the door.
[20:16] <Kotono> Adrian is here. His face isn't as pale as it was before, though it seems thinner than before. His cloak and armor seem off on his body, as if shifting and sagging out of place. Despite that he looks in good humor, smiling as he hands over Ithea's ioun stone. "Thanks for the loaner."
[20:18] <Ithea> "No problem," Ithea says, grasping the stone firmly before letting it do its magic. "Feeling all better now then?"
[20:22] <Kotono> "Yeah." Adrian uses a hand to support himself on the doorframe, "I've lost about twenty pounds vomiting out blood and spiritual poison, but I'm about free of Abigor's contamination. Then Balyss and Hanna drew enough blood and samples to take another ten pounds off. On that note, I'm starving. Want to get something to eat, kitty?"
[20:24] <Ithea> "Sure," Ithea answers with a nod.
[20:28] <Kotono> As you head down the hall, "I've eaten four meals today and I'm still ravenous," Adrian confesses as you head down the hall, "Balyss went on about how my body was making up for everything I lost. How about you," Glancing Ithea's way, "Elena said you ventured into the Abyss."
[20:30] <Ithea> "Yeah, I did. Muirfinn, Vul'lath and I went to the Terminal Codex," Ithea explains. "Big library with horrible books and even more horrible characters within. Almost got into a fair bit of trouble a couple of times there."
[20:37] <Kotono> "One trip for 21 was bad enough," As you talk you head into the cafeteria. Amid the boisterous noise you come to a table. Here is Misalea, a spread of food already in place. "Thanks," he says with a smile to Misalea, before tearing into his food. Misalea watches him before turning to Ithea, "Would you believe this is his fourth meal of the day?"
[20:37] <Kotono> "Fifth," Adrian corrects around a mouthful of fish.
[20:55] <Ithea> "I'm not surprised, although you should be careful with slingshotting past what's good for you and ending up so fat you have to waddle to battle, Adrian," Ithea comments.
[20:57] <Kotono> After tearing through an entire grilled fish in a few moments, Adrian pauses to swallow. "Yeah, yeah," With an amused snort, Adrian reaches out. In his hand appears a saucer of milk, as he places it in front of Ithea. "Enjoy!"
[20:58] <Kotono> Misalea rolls her eyes even if a bit of a blush comes to her cheeks. "That's-" What she would say next is lost to the ages as Elena appears, "Ithea! Adrian! You're needed at the front gate now!"
[20:59] * Ithea gets up quickly, slapping Adrian in the back of the head as she gets up. "What's going on, Elena?"
[21:00] <Kotono> Adrian grabs a loaf of bread, asking before he starts to tear up to it and hurry to a portal, "Yeah, what's wrong?"
[21:04] <Kotono> "It's Makaril," Elena hurries along, "He's terribly wounded!"
[21:05] <Ithea> Ithea's eyes widen as she speeds up as she heads through the portal to get to the front gate. "How did it happen?" she asks from the other side of the portal, still rushing forward.
[21:11] <Kotono> "I'm not sure," Elena says as you rush out! You hurry to the courtyard with Adrian! As you get there you find Hanna and Priest there, carrying a blood-drenched Makaril towards the shrine to the Triune. One leg is gone up to the hip, the other charred to the bone. Both are visibly broken, twisted at angles that are impossible. YEt his right hand still holds Kalembar. HIs body is covered with
[21:11] <Kotono> tears, rips, burns and gashes. "Out of the way," Hanna calls, a small crowd parting, "We need to get him to sanctified ground!"
[21:12] <Kotono> "Shit and damn," Adrian swears in a low voice as he hurries along, running to fall in step.
[21:13] * Ithea falls into step along with Hanna as well, helping call out to everyone to give the group space to move quickly. Questions can wait for the moment.
[21:17] <Kotono> In a hustling blur you reach the holy ground of the Triune. Makaril is gently laid down as Priest and Hanna begin to call on their divine patrons! "Lady of Fury, abate the tides of war!" "Three that is one, create one whole from what is broken and many!"  As you watch, Makaril's body slowly mends. His leg begins to regrow, cuts mending - yet ever so slowly, as if struggling.
[21:21] <Kotono> Adrian stays standing, "Makaril's good," he murmurs to Ithea, "Whoever did this is better. Wonder if it was one of the traitors?"
[21:25] <Ithea> "It's possible, if we needed sanctified grounds to get him healed," Ithea says slowly, frowning as she watches. "Hopefully Hanna and Priest can get him back on his feet well enough for him to answer us himself."
[21:28] <Ithea> "Elena, do we have any knowledge of where he was last heading or something?" Ithea asks. Maybe knowing what he was doing could be of help.
[21:29] <Kotono> "No," Elena says, holding her hand sto her chest. Slowly Makaril's wounds heal, Hanna glancing up, "Vile wounds. From the reluctance to heal, I'm guessing it was something powerful. Probably several somethings."
[21:33] <Kotono> "Tra..tor..." Makaril groans from his prone position.
[21:35] <Ithea> "Sounds like Adrian's gut was in the right place," Ithea mutters. "Elena, is anybody else around that you can get to help Hanna and Priest? Balyss or anyone else?"
[21:36] <Kotono> "We have this," Priest murmurs, waving his hands, "Make one what is many," he chants, as Makaril's arms slowly fix back into place, his stumped leg slowly regrowing into tendons, bone and flesh.
[21:37] <Kotono> "Traitors," Makaril says again, clearer this time, "Ambushed. Walked right into the trap. Came here...think they were trying to force me to retreat and follow me back to our stronghold. So I came here instead."
[21:39] <Ithea> "It's fine, Makaril, you did the right thing," Ithea assures the injured man.
[22:06] <Kotono> "Mm." The wounded celestial says, barely a noise as he heals. "Looks like they're moving again," Adrian adds.
[22:13] <Kotono> "Yes," Is what Makaril says to that, "Things are heating up on Lifasa." With the slightest look of triumph, "They're getting deseperate."
[22:14] <Ithea> "Elena, pass the word for everyone to prepare for possible battle. I don't think they'll try to attack us again, given they failed the last time they tried to visit us here on Air, but it doesn't hurt to have everyone ready, just in case, especially since they were trying to follow Makaril," Ithea says to the side, before turning back to Makaril. "They have good reason to be. Do you know
[22:14] <Ithea> who it was that tried to entrap you?"
[22:16] <Kotono> Elena smartly salutes and vanishes!
[22:18] <Kotono> "Apasa and Harkin...perhaps," He appends as he struggles to sit up, arms shifting back into position. "I am not certain, the devils were employing considerable illusory magic to muddy the battle."
[22:20] <Ithea> "Mala is the type that would try this sort of thing, I think. The use of illusions helps point to her. Apasa seemed to be in a poor position, desperation from him would fit this and Harkin was his ally. All three of them then," Ithea observes.
[22:22] <Kotono> "Damn," Adrian says with a whistle, "Word must be spreading that we're kicking Hell's ass across the planes."
[22:23] <Kotono> "I'll need to be fully dispelled by your strongest mages," Makaril rises as his body is mostly healed, "I'll need to send word, wait here a few days, slip out and be throughly warded in case they're attempting to follow me longer term or have set an insidious seed with me."
[22:24] <Ithea> "We'll make sure that's not the case and that you're safe to head back. Do you have anything planned that would lead them to focus on you, or do you think it's just desperation for a good victory?"
[22:27] <Kotono> "We're gathering strength and being opportunistic," Makaril says, "Nothing on a major scale after burning the Tree. There's a dearth of safe but limited objectives we're hitting rather than risking our strength on bigger victories. Bigger targets are protected with forces to challenge Aurora. We can't safely face that head on by ourselves."
[22:31] <Ithea> "They probably just want to keep you from getting strong enough that you reach that point then, one Aurora is enough for them to contend with."
[22:35] <Kotono> "Thank you," Turning to murmur thanks to Priest and Hanna, voice softspoken as he stands, "It stands to reason," he agrees.
[22:36] <Kotono> "Well, we'll just deal with them too. The day's coming closer." Adrian turns to Ithea, "Mind passing this on? Makaril, I'll show you where the baths are so you can wash off all that blood."
[22:41] <Ithea> "He fine enough to move around, or would you prefer to keep him here a while longer?" Ithea asks Hanna in turn.
[22:42] <Kotono> "He's fine," Hanna says, making a shooing gesture.
[22:44] <Ithea> "Alright, guess you're free to go then," Ithea says with a nod, as she gets ready to leave the Triune grounds.
[22:46] <Kotono> Heading outside, Ithea finds a familiar face waiting for her. Stille is there, "Ithea," he asks, "Is everything alright? I heard there was a dreadful commotion."
[22:50] <Ithea> "Makaril had some problems with the Lifasan traitors. He's alright though," Ithea explains. "There's a bit of concern that Mala may try to stage another attack on Aurora since she was behind this, along with Apasa and Harkin, it looks like. We'll have to wait and see."
[22:51] <Kotono> "Busy then?" Stille asks, a wistful, faint smile on his face.
[22:53] <Ithea> "Unfortunately," Ithea answers with a small smile.
[22:55] <Kotono> "I'll come by your quarters this evening. We should talk. It's been too long," Reaching out to cup Ithea's cheek, "Will you be free by then?"
[22:59] <Ithea> "Probably," Ithea answers.
[23:03] <Kotono> "Until then," Stille rubs Ithea's cheek gently, before turning to go. OOC: What are you going to do now then?
[23:04] <Ithea> ooc: I dunno.
[23:05] <Ithea> ooc: be all prepared for an invasion that may not happen?
[23:05] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, that's mostly off screen stuff that can be skipped along.  I'll move ou along then.
[23:06] <Kotono> The rest of the day is a blur of preparation - yet no attack force comes. By the evening Ithea's rather tired, but at least there's no immediate threat. Just a chance to rest for the day - though as she approaches her room, she finds Stille awaiting.
[23:11] <Ithea> "Hello again," she says with a growing smile. She gives him a kiss on the cheek as she reaches him. "So nothing happened today, thankfully, although nothing is somehow still tiring."
[23:14] <Kotono> "Anticipation is a cruel mistress," Stille goes ahead, smiling gently. He follows Ithea into her room, "Are you well? I feel like I've barely seen you lately."
[23:16] <Ithea> "I'm fine, actually. And I know, though you've been busy yourself recently, along with Balyss. You haven't missed out on all that much stuff from my end, maybe some fun, which was girls' only anyway, and other...well, not really fun stuff, though we managed well enough."
[23:18] <Kotono> "Why don't you tell me about it," Stille says, smiling fondly. "Tell me about it and watch."
[23:20] <Ithea> "Girls' night was just Sylvie, Kascha, Dana, Ebony and I going to a beach in Brightwater. The not fun stuff was a visit to the Abyss with Muirfinn and Vul'lath. More nasty books than I cared for, honestly."
[23:22] <Kotono> Stille gestures at the table, waling to it. You catch a glimpse of Elena, as she puts down plate after plate! In a split-second an entire homecooked meal is before you, a decidely strange smel...oooh, what's that? It's good! Ithea's nose twitches. Whatever it is, it's really good. REALLY Good. Uppercase Good.
[23:23] <Ithea> "Oooh, looks and smells nice!" Ithea exclaims as she looks over the table's contents.
[23:29] <Kotono> It looks to be roast duck, a salad, greens, caramelized apples and figs in a white sauce. "It's all for you," Stille says, "Since your Abyss trip was miserable, "Why don't you tell me about your girl's night out. I gathered from others that you had a splendid time."
[23:34] <Ithea> "It was interesting and fun," Ithea agrees. "Got to learn interesting new stuff about Kascha and Ebony. Dana's a bitch, though I knew that before then."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[03:59] <Kotono> Stille makes Ithea a plate up, a bit of everything. Sitting and listening, "Well, all's well that ends well."
[04:02] * Ithea nods. "What about you? You and Balyss were keeping busy recently too, and not just with Tepen and Adrian."
[04:08] <Kotono> "Between religious duties and the crisis with contamination, it was more than enough," STille says, "Balyss dealt with the contamination issues whilst I filled in for her." Pausing to pour himself a glass of cider and sip it, "One can never understate the awkwardness of a man giving a woman advice on her courses and the pains that come with them. But such is what I do with a smile in my
[04:08] <Kotono> heart, as if is the will of Her."
[04:11] * Ithea snorts. "Well, nobody's been complaining, so I'd say you've been doing a good job with that, right?"
[04:16] <Kotono> "A small blessing," Stille smiles slightly, slowly sipping his cider. "The older women that would be more mature about it - the spirits and such like Hanna or Ebony - apparently don't have them. Not that it's ever an easy task, but I do try. How is Sylvie doing?" After a moment and changing topics openly, "You've spent a lot of time with her."
[04:19] <Ithea> "She's been alright, busy with her own stuff as well, though as I mentioned already, we did go to the beach together. Not sure what she's been up to since then," Ithea answers as she tries the food and drink.
[04:23] <Kotono> It's all quite good. It has strong but agreeable flavors, simple while being rich. Stille smiles, "You're a good friend for her," he murmurs, "Oh, and you left something on your bed," Stille says casually.
[04:25] <Ithea> "Hrm?" Ithea asks, turning to look towards her bed.
[04:29] <Kotono> On Ithea's bed is a bouquet of flowers, vibrant reds, deep and rich blues and beautiful purples. Sitting atop it is a small gold box with a red bow on it. "Beautiful things for a beautiful woman. It's only right you have them."
[04:30] <Ithea> "You know, I'm pretty sure I didn't leave -that- in my bed," Ithea says, leaning forward and kissing Stille again. "But thank you for saying that. What's inside the box?"
[04:30] <Kotono> Stille merely smiles, "Go find out."
[04:33] * Ithea nods and goes to open the box.
[04:37] <Kotono> Inside of the box is a golden necklace. It is delicate, wrought of tiny loops of gold cunningly woven together. What looks like deep blue sapphires adorn it in places, seeming to stay together despite all odds. Stille comes over as Ithea sees it, "I had a few of the sapphires put aside from that dragonhoard," he whispers into Ithea's ear, hugging her around the waist from behind. "I could
[04:37] <Kotono> think of no greater craftsman of jewels than Baleruk to make it for you, so I convinced him to do it. Indeed, his craft seems to treat solidity as a quaint suggestion and gravity as a trifling thing to be ignored."
[04:43] <Ithea> "It's very beautiful," Ithea says with a small smile. It's not the first necklace he's given her, but it is admittedly just a bit more impressive looking than the last. "I wouldn't have pegged Baleruk for being able to use such a delicate touch, but the two of you came up with something beautiful."
[04:50] <Kotono> "You inspired me," Stille murmurs, starting to rub Ithea's stomach. Gentle, slow rubbing, "Ithea, you mean a lot to me. You inspire me and guide me."
[04:56] * Ithea blushes.
[05:01] <Kotono> Stille reaches down, "Let me put that on you," he says, goign for the necklace. "I've been waiting all day to see how lovely it is on you."
[05:07] * Ithea hands him the necklace.
[05:10] <Kotono> Stille undoes the clasp, reaching up to gently place it around Ithea's neck. "It's gorgeous on you," he whispers, "All else you wear seems like ash and cloth compared to how it compliments your eyes."
[05:17] <Ithea> "You have your usual way with words. Thank you."
[05:24] <Kotono> Rubbing Ithea's back, slow and gently, "Perhaps," He pauses, "Perhaps you could grant a boon, to better appreciate the magnificence of this. It is said that a woman is at her most stunning when she wears her jewelry and naught else. Ithea, would you be magnificent for me?"
[05:30] <Ithea> "You know, you still have those glasses if you really wanted to see that, don't you?" Ithea says with a sigh and amused smile, as she turns and kisses him in the forehead. "But fine, since you've gone to so much effort and I don't want to be that terrible a girlfriend."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake