News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Pub chat

Started by Anastasia, December 26, 2012, 11:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I have resolved to procrastinate and let someone else handle loot splitting.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I'll admire your sense of sloth...tomorrow.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

That's the spirit!

Nephrite

Question on the Fragile property: Whenever the wearer of Fragile equipment deals a critical hit or is dealt critical damage, suffers falling damage or is reduced to zero hit points, the Fragile equipment is instantly destroyed.

Do Geotrace Maelstroms count as critical hits? The book specifically says "Such Geotrances cannot be critical hits" and goes on to say the Maelstrom is used.

Anastasia

As written no, but I'd rule yes since it's the same thing in spirit.

This arguably means that your Maelstrom against the Dark Elf should have broken Mycol's vest, as he was technically affected by it. I wouldn't make that ruling since I think it's a shitty way to punish the party for rolling a crit.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay, in that case I'll just make some Ice Ward armor and hope I can get some Resistance as flavor for it being sturdy and made of ice. =p

Anastasia

Right-o, Mer-er, Neph. That Merc-ism's throwing me off! Anyway, roll for it as you please and post results.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[23:21] <Nephrite> roll 2d6+4 Synthesis, Tier 2 Vanilla Ice armor
[23:21] * Hatbot --> "Nephrite rolls 2d6+4 Synthesis, Tier 2 Vanilla Ice armor and gets 12." [2d6=5, 3]

Merc

I know you've already ruled that it wouldn't break the vest, but why would it be the same thing in spirit?

It wasn't triggered by Mycol, nor did any damage to Mycol, which are the break conditions. All it did was a short range knockback. And it's not like the knockback caused him any falling damage either.

Anastasia

Based in discussion in the feedback topic, we'll be trying this for the next couple of sessions.

10. Rule of initiative needs to suck less. At the start of combat, everyone rolls 2d6 plus their finesse and initiative goes from low to high. Ties are broken in favor of the PCs. Initiative lasts for the whole combat and cycles at the end of the round.

We'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

New house rule regarding vile poison is up. The name comes from Wild Arms 2's vile poison status and the idea comes from the rulebook mentioning poisons that can't be easily cured or dealt with. So I figured I'd codify it so it's available and a known factor.

While they didn't inflict it on y'all, the Demon Asps are the first enemy to have that ability. As it's extra nasty, don't expect to see it too often.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I would like to promote the following change to the Plains Maelstrom:

Tempest (Maelstrom): An unstoppable cyclone fills the area, bolts of thunder crisscrossing the sky. Tempest inflicts Seal status upon all enemies with no roll to resist as well as the Blind status with an opposed force roll. In addition, anyone with Flying will lose their property during the Tempest. Furthermore, the Elemental Field of the current combat then becomes Lightning. All Lightning damage deals an additional two steps of damage.

I would also like to propose that Sun Bath be allowed to be used on a single target, with a (Finesse x (Level x 2)) increase to its healing.

EDIT: Changed the Maelstrom to include allies losing flying too.

Anastasia

That's all fine. How much healing would an ST Sun Bath do?

E: OH GOD STEALTH IDDIES WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Right now, it would be (3 x 4)+2d6, for a maximum of... 23, because if I think if I rolled 6, 6 I'd get a Maelstrom.

Anastasia

Maelstroms don't trigger on defensive geomancy, I think. But anyway, it's fine.
<Afina> Forever.