News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

403 error tracking thread

Started by Brian, January 22, 2013, 11:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

So far only I seem to be running into these.

Basic issue is that when attempting to post or send a PM, a 403 error pops up and you can't post.  Clearing cookies resolves it temporarily.

This appears to be related to either opening links in extra tabs or me having the site open in multiple locations simultaneously (two PCs on one network, my mobile devices, and one PC at work).  Probably not a huge issue since I haven't heard of anyone else running into it.

Then again, if it keeps you from posting....  If that's the case, try and note a time that you encountered it (relative time, like "ten minutes ago,") and clear your cookies for the site.  That should get you back in.  I've lost the formatting, but the message looks like this:

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /forum/index.php?action=post2;start=50;board=3 on this server.You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.Your technical support key is: 1807-272c-b40c-8ddcYou can use this key to fix this problem yourself.If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

QuoteError 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /forum/index.php?action=post2;start=2725;board=1 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.

Your technical support key is: 266f-9f02-b40c-8ddc

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Got this 3 times trying to post to bitching thread.  First two times were post, back/post, click back to forum hit reply new and post, and finally on the reply page shift+refresh and post worked.

Seems you don't need to clear cookies to get it to work, but something is still maybe not working right with caching?  For timestamp purposes, it would have been about 3-4 minutes ago.

Edit: Got it again trying to reply to this post.  :|  Tried shift+refresh and got through straight away.  When I edited, exact same thing.
Edit^2: Posted in wrong thread. :x

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Any chance you're coming in through a soulriders.org shortcut or something? :|
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Only if 'reply' buttons in the forum/PMs on sr.net have a small chance of linking to sr.org.

I think even if my memory were fuzzy, the shift+refresh thing would suggest that's not the case. :x

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Brian on January 22, 2013, 11:33:30 AM
So far only I seem to be running into these.

FYI, not just you.  The few times I mentioned this on IRC, no one else seemed to know what I was talking about.  It has also happened when I've tried to login.

Brian

More infoes!  Post when, so Drac can look through the logs. :p

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

Next time it happens, I'll record the time, and post it once I can log in.

Brian

Another one just now.

Edit: Make that another dozen, starting in trying to reply to a PM and evidently spiraling out of control from there.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Again, about a minute ago, trying to edit my most recent post in Appreciations of the Day:

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,2212.msg1042496.html#msg1042496

~exploding tag~

Brian

Another one a minute ago trying to edit my post in the bitching thread.

Shift+reload fixed it (again).  I think that's my suggested workaround, should anyone else encounter it.

~exploding tag~

Brian

As above, trying to post in the appreciation's thread (about/less than a minute ago).

Shift+reload again.

~exploding tag~