News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

#032: ???

Started by Merc, August 25, 2013, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

[18:29] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, last time you dealt with the staves and talke dto the king. Lehko wants to see about a temple of Shiva. Anything else on the agenda besides waiting for the king to get back to you?
[18:31] <Morrie> OOC: Might as well see if there are temples to the others Espers, or if they're all just in the same place.
[18:33] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148'
[18:33] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105'
[18:33] <Lehko> OOC: 114 HP for me.
[18:34] <Kotono> The party heads along. As you head along, the world seems to flash a moment. Everything becomes blurry and swirls in around you before it clears. The busy streets seem faintly indistinct now, like your eyes are blurry from first waking up.
[18:34] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114'
[18:34] <Penelo> OOC: 76 HP for the Moogle
[18:34] * Lehko looks around.
[18:34] <Lehko> "Umm..."
[18:34] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76'
[18:34] * Lehko slowly reaches for his pistols.
[18:35] * Penelo blinks a bit, moving her hands up to rub at her eyes. "Kupo?"
[18:35] <Mycol> My HP is 104
[18:35] <Santos> ooc: *whaps Mycol for not using ooc*
[18:35] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 104/104'
[18:36] <Santos> "Anybody have a clue what's going on?"
[18:36] * Morrie looks around with a small frown. "A moment."
[18:36] <Lehko> "Nothing good?"
[18:36] <Kotono> The party's vision blurs again. You stand in the snowy mountains, the clear blue sky matching bitterly cold air. Ahead you can see something indistinct, some sort of large stone shrine. It lasts a few moments before fading away and out of sight. Just like that reality reasserts itself, but you still feel the lingering chill of your vision.
[18:38] <Lehko> "Soo..."
[18:38] <Penelo> "... Did ... you saw that, right?"
[18:39] <Lehko> "Yeah... It wasn't Shiva. She.. Doesn't sound good."
[18:39] <Morrie> "Hm..." He looks down at the ground for a moment, then back up, then up at the sky. "I wonder... could that have been the place where Marilith was imprisoned?"
[18:39] <Lehko> "Could be... An icy mountain seems a fair prison for an avatar of fire.."
[18:40] * Mycol makes this face: O_o
[18:40] <Mycol> OOC: (Dunno how to best describe that)
[18:40] <Mycol> OOC: (Confusion approaching madness?)
[18:41] <Morrie> "If we assume that to be the case, then we need to travel there as soon as possible. But... I have no idea where 'there' is."
[18:41] <Morrie> roll 2d6+5 Making Tier 3 armor for Mycol with SOS-Protect
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+5 Making Tier 3 armor for Mycol with SOS-Protect and gets 10." [2d6=4, 1]
[18:42] <Morrie> OOC: Using a Destiny, screw it
[18:42] <Mycol> "Isn't anyone wondering who sent us the message?"
[18:42] <Morrie> roll 1d6 to add to the armor making
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 1d6 to add to the armor making and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[18:42] <Kotono> Around you the streets continue to bustle, seemingly unaware of your momentary lapse in reality.
[18:43] <Morrie> "Hm... Could it have been another esper?" He asks in general, turning his eyes inward for a moment to ask the same question.
[18:44] * Santos snorts. "An esper buddy for Penelo?" Santos retorts.
[18:44] <Santos> "Where's the one for Ebenezer for that matter?"
[18:44] * Penelo rubs the back of her head a bit, deely wobbling back and forthe. "I am unsure.. Are we going to check it out?"
[18:45] <Santos> "Actually, how many the hell are there of you guys, Ifrit?" Santos asks, looking over his shoulder as if expecting a tiny Ifrit to pop up in a burst of flames.
[18:46] <Kotono> Ifrit appears in a burst of flame on Santos' other shoulder. He looks wobbly, falling over onto his side. "Whatever that was quenched like Shiva throwing ice in my face," he groans, "I'm dizzy and I don't even have a body right now."
[18:47] <Morrie> "Well, let's see if we can investigate this. We just need to find a map... maybe there's a record of a shrine in the snowy mountains around these parts." He offers. "If it's snowy, maybe the people at the Temple of Shiva would know?"
[18:47] <Lehko> "Shiva is dizzy and not feelign too well, too."
[18:48] <Penelo> "I've never had a vision like that before. How wonderful."
[18:49] <Kotono> Titan appears in a crashing of stone, perched atop Mycol's head. "Very dizzy," he adds. He vanishes right after.
[18:49] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109'
[18:49] <Mycol> "Telepathic communication, I'd guess."
[18:49] <Mycol> "
[18:49] <Mycol> "Time is... mmn."
[18:49] <Mycol> "Visions are..."
[18:49] * Mycol shakes his head.
[18:49] <Mycol> "I'm not convinced this is a vision."
[18:50] <Lehko> "If it was telepathic, it was blunt instrument telepathy."
[18:50] <Mycol> "On the other hand, I've never HAD one, and I've heard other people say they're different."
[18:50] <Penelo> "Oh, whatever it was, I've never experienced such a thing before. Fascinating." The little moogle smiles. This isn't keeping her down.
[18:51] <Mycol> "Well, if the telepathy is subtle, who could notice it at all?
[18:52] <Morrie> "Either way, let's use it to stay motivated." He says, looking around. "Shall we go?"
[18:52] <Kotono> OOC: REady to move on now, since the conversation's dying down?
[18:52] <Lehko> "Okay, so. Let's keep moving? Temple first?"
[18:52] <Penelo> "Temple first!"
[18:53] <Lehko> OOC: good to move on.
[18:54] <Mycol> OOC: Same
[18:54] <Morrie> OOC: Yahp
[18:54] <Penelo> OOC: Yarp
[18:57] <Kotono> The temple to Shiva is a small building tucked away on a side street. Unremarkable on first glance, a small single story. However, the door is covered with carving of snowflakes on them. Looks like fine work too, not just some half-hearted hackings.
[18:58] * Lehko runs a hand over the carvings.
[18:58] <Lehko> "Good work."
[18:58] * Lehko opens the door and heads in.
[18:58] <Penelo> "So pretty."
[18:59] * Morrie will be the last in!
[19:00] * Penelo will walk in, looking about curiously.
[19:00] <Kotono> The air inside is rather cold. Like a winter's day, bits of the stone wall inside rimmed with frost. Inside are a few simple stone pews around an altar of a snowflake. The room is painted snow white with hints of ice blue. No one is immediately around, but a sense of peace overcomes you. A sense of safety - it reminds Morrie and Santos of the consecrated ground on the path to Sparrow's Tomb,
[19:00] <Kotono> seemingly so long ago.
[19:02] * Lehko approaches the altar and runs a hand over it.
[19:02] <Lehko> "Feels... Sorta like home. Safe."
[19:02] <Morrie> "I'm a bit... surprised to find something like this here." He looks around. "I didn't think knowledge of the espers was common enough for this..."
[19:02] <Penelo> "This place feels nice, kupo."
[19:03] <Lehko> "Mmm... I like it here, too."
[19:03] * Lehko raises his voice.
[19:03] <Kotono> Besides Lehko Shiva appears. She's full sized, making an approving humming noise. "Oh, this is -old-," she says, voice almost a purr. "These are the old arts." She glances over to Morrie, "People worship anything," she says, "Once, a previous host of mind found people who worshipped Malboros."
[19:04] * Lehko cuts himself off and looks as Shiva.
[19:04] <Lehko> "You like this place too, huh? How old is this place?"
[19:05] <Morrie> "Oh, so this... wasn't built... ah. I understand, then." He nods.
[19:05] * Mycol shudders
[19:05] <Kotono> She answers before Lehko can say a word, "It's the magic here. It's making it easier for me to manifest. It must be hundreds of years old, perhaps even dating to just after the fall of the Mysta Empire. The arts to do things like this were lost in that upheaval, as far as I know."
[19:06] <Penelo> "That's a shame..."
[19:06] <Morrie> "Well someone has to maintain this... don't they?" He looks around.
[19:06] <Lehko> "Where are the people?"
[19:07] <Kotono> Shiva shrugs, "Not here." She vanishes in a whipping wind of snow, voice lingering as she fades. "But I like this place."
[19:08] * Lehko looks around the temple.
[19:08] <Lehko> "I wonder if there's anything we can learn here of the magic..."
[19:10] <Kotono> OOC: Do any of you have ranks in magical lore or anything like that?
[19:10] <Lehko> OOC: Not I.
[19:10] <Morrie> OOC: Oh! Oh! I do!
[19:10] <Mycol> OOC:  Nope
[19:10] <Penelo> OOC: I do! +4!
[19:10] <Lehko> OOC: Assisted rolls!
[19:10] <Morrie> OOC: Well... it's "everything," but that counts!
[19:12] <Penelo> OOC: Do you want me to roll magic lore?
[19:13] <Kotono> OOC: If you do have ranks and want to study, make a roll.
[19:13] <Penelo> roll 2d6+4 studying the shrine
[19:13] * Hatbot --> "Penelo rolls 2d6+4 studying the shrine and gets 9." [2d6=1, 4]
[19:13] <Lehko> OOC: Assisted rolls!
[19:14] <Morrie> roll 2d6+2 For... findin' out stuff
[19:14] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+2 For... findin' out stuff and gets 12." [2d6=6, 4]
[19:16] <Kotono> The magic in place is remarkably complex. It's more complex than the magic you've seen before, like an intervowen tapestry. The two spend over an hour just tracing it along, figuring out the basics of the flows. They aren't even a quarter of the way done when the door opens. A middle aged man enters. He's wiry and thin, walking firmly along. He's carrying a basket full of cucumbers. "Eh?" He
[19:16] <Kotono> blinks at this, "If you're lounging around here just for some cold air," he warns, raising his voice.
[19:16] * Lehko stands tall and strides to the man.
[19:17] * Penelo seems to be a bit zoned out, like she's completely lost into looking this place over. It's just so interesting.
[19:17] <Lehko> "No sir. I am Lehko Mocorho. I am a Paladin in service to the Lady Shiva. And an engineer."
[19:17] * Lehko grins at the older man.
[19:17] * Mycol shrugs
[19:18] * Mycol stretches out and wiggles.
[19:18] <Mycol> "We wanted to see the place for ourselves. The artistry is wonderful."
[19:20] <Kotono> "Damn!" Shifting and putting his basket down he sticks his hand to Lehko. "Pleased to meet you. John Johnson. My father wasn't a creative man." He adds after just a moment.
[19:21] * Lehko shakes the man's hand.
[19:21] <Lehko> "Still a solid name. You tend to this place?"
[19:22] <Penelo> "Wonderful? It is absolutely brilliant!... I could spend days here. Weeks, kupo!"
[19:24] <Kotono> "Yes. It's been in the family for generations," he replies, sweeping an arm about. "I've heard that th emagic's something special."
[19:25] <Penelo> "It is, it is." She nods muchly.
[19:26] <Lehko> "It is. Shiva says it's old... Mystra Empire old. It's impressive. She really was happy to see it. And so well taken care of."
[19:26] * Lehko pats the man on the shoulder with a grin.
[19:26] <Morrie> He nods in agreement with Penelo. "There must be others to the other Espers somewhere..."
[19:26] <Kotono> "Eh?" Blinking that, "Lady Shiva says what now?"
[19:27] <Lehko> "She's happy with this place."
[19:27] * Lehko smiles at him.
[19:28] <Kotono> "Ooooooh." Slowly he stare at Lehko, "Come over here." The man goes to the altar, reaching behind it. There's a soft CLICK at the front of it slides open! Within is a small silver box with a single keyhole within. "Does this mean anything to you?"
[19:29] * Lehko looks at it.
[19:29] <Lehko> "Hmm...."
[19:29] * Penelo moves over, trying to see the box.
[19:30] <Kotono> "It's been in my family as long as this shrine has," John Johnson lifts the box out and puts it atop the altar, "It's impossible to open, but family lore says that someone will someday."
[19:32] <Penelo> "Does this mean anything to Shiva?"
[19:32] <Lehko> "Hmm... Shiva says there's probably a seal on it.. Penelo? Morrie? Check for it? I can probably get it open except for the seal. She says it's hers, though."
[19:32] * Penelo ... nods, and will check on that?
[19:33] <Mycol> "Doesn't that mean SHE can open it?"
[19:33] <Kotono> A cursory examination can show Penelo that there's a powerful seal on it. Intensely powerful.
[19:33] <Penelo> "The seal on this is very strong, kupo. I am unsure I could even do anything about that."
[19:34] <Morrie> "I wonder if it's not an actual key that opens it, but something of Shiva's?" He offers as a suggestion.
[19:35] <Lehko> "Well... I'm talking to her about the seal..."
[19:35] * Lehko turns to John.
[19:36] <Lehko> "Shiva says she's setting up something for you. She's pleased with you."
[19:36] * Lehko turns to the others.
[19:36] * Penelo blinks, looking at Lehko.
[19:36] <Kotono> "Ah." Lehko gets a curious look, "As in...actually talking to Lady Shiva?" A look of surprise comes to him, "You can really hear her voice?"
[19:37] <Lehko> "I *am* a Paladin of Shiva. Also, I sort of.. Host her."
[19:37] * Lehko clears his throat.
[19:37] <Santos> ooc: "He doesn't, but humor him," Santos says, just because he can. "It's really sad...He's a good sort. Just...a little off."
[19:38] <Kotono> "Oh." That comes out rather strangled, "My goodness," hes ays, stumbling to a pew and sitting down.
[19:38] <Lehko> "Shiva says she can't break the seal herself. It would take all four them to break the seal. Honestly, I think it would be worth it. *Something* is in there, and it's protected enough to lend value to it."
[19:39] <Morrie> "Hm? You mean like when we got the chests out of the castle?" He looks at Lehko.
[19:39] <Lehko> "Not sure. She just said it would take all four of them."
[19:40] <Morrie> "Well... it's an awfully small box, but... I'm willing to give it a shot." He nods.
[19:40] <Penelo> "Another thing to keep in mind for later, if we do not have all four, kupo."
[19:43] <Kotono> OOC: Mycol? Santos?
[19:43] * Mycol shrugs
[19:43] <Mycol> OOC: I have nothing to add. Mycol is baffled.
[19:43] <Lehko> OOC: So, everyone down for spending a destiny point to summon and get this box open, or do we want to just take it with us for later?"
[19:44] <Mycol> OOC: OH, I just got it. You mean we'd all need to actually summon to get it open.
[19:44] * Mycol shrugs again.
[19:44] <Mycol> "I've got more than enough power to draw out Titan, if need be.
[19:45] <Penelo> OOC: Yeah I was a bit baffled. and the moogle has no clue everyone has an esper :D
[19:45] <Santos> "Seems kind of a waste, but I guess if you want to, I can put effort in myself," Santos says with a shrug.
[19:46] <Lehko> "I think it may be worth opening.."
[19:47] <Penelo> "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, kupo."
[19:47] * Lehko nods and puts the box on the altar."
[19:49] <Lehko> "Let's get this done, then..."
[19:49] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then, summoning your espers then, y'all?
[19:49] <Lehko> OOC: I'm down for it.
[19:49] * Penelo moves out of the way, to stand by John. "I am new to the group, so I have not seen them do this all at once. This should be something."
[19:50] <Mycol> "We've never actually done it all at once before."
[19:50] <Lehko> "Should be a hell of a show!"
[19:51] <Morrie> OOC: Okay.
[19:51] <Kotono> In flashes of power the four espers appear! First is wise Ramuh, who lifts his staff up. Lightning crashes down to the box! Next is burning Ifrit, who roars in fearsome fury! Flames gush from his mouth to the box! Then comes massive Titan, the ground beneath the box shaking! Then finally frozen Shiva appears, the box suddenly coated in sharp ice! Then in a flash of elemental power, energy erupts
[19:51] <Kotono> from the box! Pure incandesent magical energh arches out in a dazzling display! Hunks of it fall away, surrounded by ice and shattering. Parts of it are burnt away to ash, while other bits crack apart like the ground in an earthquake. Finally, a cascade of lightning disperses the last of the energy! What follows is a burst of pure force that rattles the entire building! Whn it clears the espers
[19:51] <Kotono> are gone and the box has popped open!
[19:52] <Kotono> OOC: Post the destiny expenditure in loot.
[19:52] * Lehko takes a breath.
[19:53] <Lehko> "Well, that was a show."
[19:53] * Penelo ....staring like she just witnessed something phenominal.
[19:53] <Kotono> John Johnstone just stares. "What?" He says, then louder and with feeling, "WHAAAAAT?"
[19:53] <Santos> ooc: Johnstone?
[19:54] <Kotono> *Johnson. Bleh.
[19:54] * Lehko truns and grins at him.
[19:54] <Lehko> "Didn't doubt us, did you?"
[19:55] * Mycol scratches at his cap/hood
[19:55] <Morrie> "It took more of them to open that box than it did to defeat Lich." He sighs.
[19:55] * Lehko flips the box open and peers inside.
[19:55] <Mycol> "Ah, it was OK."
[19:55] <Kotono> Within the box is a blue crystal the size of a fist. It is in the shape of a watch pitcher, a clear and dark blue that glistens in the light. Deep in the stone you can see the zodiac symbol for Aquarius.
[19:55] <Mycol> "WE defeated Lich. If they could do it without us, most of them would have."
[19:56] * Penelo goes on her tip toes to look and see.
[19:56] * Lehko holds the pitcher up.
[19:56] <Lehko> "Ideas?"
[19:56] <Santos> "Another one of these things? Last one was trouble, don't touch it," Santos says with a frown.
[19:57] <Penelo> "What is it?"
[19:57] * Morrie raises an eyebrow, then, as the color drains from his face, he looks over at Santos. "Not ...this again."
[19:57] * Lehko looks at Santos, then at the pitcher in his hands.
[19:57] <Lehko> "Um. What?"
[19:57] <Kotono> *water pitcher
[19:57] <Mycol> "You mean we were supposed to keep the box with the impossible seal impossibly sealed?"
[19:57] * Lehko sets it down.
[19:57] <Mycol> "Well, that's egg on my face."
[19:57] <Santos> "No idea, but last time we saw one of these? Undead swarm hit me, Morrie and some old friends. One of us ended up possessed by whatever spirit is sealed within a thing just like that."
[19:58] <Santos> "At least I'm assuming it's a spirit, I honestly have no clue what the hell happened then. Even after all the shit we've gone through since."
[19:58] <Penelo> "... We should take it away from town if it is dangerous, kupo. We can not afford to leave it be since the seal is now undone."
[19:59] <Kotono> "A zodiac stone," Shiva's voice is heard even if she can't be seen, "Or Auracite as Lich called it." Her voice is entirely chill now, "The key to the Zodiac demons."
[19:59] <Lehko> "Which means what? What can we do with it?"
[19:59] <Kotono> John Johnson slowly approaches to stare, whipping around to try and find Shiva from her voice.
[20:00] <Santos> "Break it and destroy it, I hope."
[20:00] <Santos> "Alternatively, find some way to use it to track our old friend Janus. That would be something useful actually."
[20:02] * Mycol wiggles uncertainly
[20:02] <Lehko> "Alright. Since I opened it, I'll carry it."
[20:02] <Mycol> "I wonder if something is already tracking -us-"
[20:02] <Morrie> "The close proximity of the other Zodiac Stone kept Lich in check, correct?" He asks, mostly the air. "Maybe we could use this to do the same with Marilith..."
[20:02] <Mycol> "We may have restarted Inevitability."
[20:02] <Penelo> "... We do not even know about that snow covered mountain we saw." She looks downcast a little.
[20:02] <Lehko> "Speaking of."
[20:03] * Lehko turns to John.
[20:03] <Lehko> "Your family have any lore about a snowy mountain?"
[20:03] <Kotono> "Not that I can think of," he says, sounding rather dazed yet.
[20:04] <Penelo> "We should keep a brighter view. We know the dangers of this item, unlike last time, right?"
[20:05] <Santos> "Only somewhat. I'd like to remind everyone what happened when we tried to rest after unsealing the last zodiac stone," Santos says, crossing his arms. "We may find ourselves swarmed by undead beasts again."
[20:05] <Santos> "We should prepare for that."
[20:06] <Lehko> "Yeah. Should we move on, then?"
[20:06] <Morrie> "To be fair, Santos... we didn't have the pacts with the Espers that we do now." He says. "We should still be careful... but I think we're much more prepared."
[20:08] <Penelo> "We should move on. If we are going to end up in a precarious situation, taking it away from innocents is preferrable."
[20:08] * Lehko nods.
[20:08] <Santos> "That's obvious, Morrie. I still think it's important to be careful, and the fact that there's already one zodiac demon loose means the forces that come for us may be worse this time. Isn't that how stories with these kind of things work? The more you chip at something, the more uncontrolled the flood that comes is?"
[20:09] <Lehko> "So, John! Thank you for your hospitality!"
[20:10] * Penelo adjusts her hat a little, her deely dangle moving a bit. "Yes, thank you for letting us see this wonderful place!"
[20:10] <Santos> OOC: "And remember! If you get swarmed by zombies and we're not around, curse Lehko's name for all eternity!"
[20:10] <Morrie> "I don't think all the Zodiac Demons are working together. Remember Wichel and... that other one?" He sighs. "Either way, we'll prevent what happened to Janus."
[20:11] <Kotono> "Yeah. Yeah." He repeats that twice, "Yeah, this was something. Demons and Shiva and that box opened and there's a giant gemstone in there!"
[20:12] * Lehko pats him on the shoulder.
[20:12] <Lehko> "Welcome to our Wednesday!"
[20:15] <Morrie> "Let us take the stone to the White Wizards when we have time. Perhaps they have some suggestions on what we can do with it."
[20:16] <Kotono> A few days pass without incident. Lehko and Ebenezer are busy working on the wagon while the rest of the party and Jessica rests up. One morning is broken up by a guardsman coming to the group's inn, presenting them with a wax-sealed scroll.
[20:19] * Lehko inspects the seal on the scroll.
[20:20] <Kotono> Looks like the official seal of the kingdom.
[20:20] <Morrie> "I think we're being invited to something." Understatement of the year.
[20:21] <Penelo> "Curious."
[20:21] <Mycol> "We were told as much, yes?"
[20:22] * Lehko nods and cracks it open.
[20:24] * Lehko reads it.
[20:25] <Kotono> The scroll reads as follows: To Sirs Lehko, Mycol, Penelo, Morrie, Santos and Ebenezer: You are cordially invited by the Crown to attend festivities tomorrow to celebrate your victory over Lich. This will include a parade, an open air luncheon, a chance to recieve the gratitude of the Crown and the offer of joining the knights of the kingdom. Give the servant who brought you this your confirmation
[20:25] <Kotono> of attendance. You need not show anywhere, for escorts will appear tomorrow morning at dawn to prepare you.
[20:25] * Lehko reads it out to the others.
[20:25] <Lehko> "Well, I guess we're confirming then?"
[20:26] <Santos> "Sweet chestnuts! This is pretty awesome, you bet we're confirming!"
[20:26] <Morrie> "I think it would be rude to decline." He nods. "As much as I am not one for festivities."
[20:26] * Lehko turns to the guard.
[20:26] <Lehko> "There you go! We're confirming."
[20:26] * Penelo claps her hands "This sounds exciting!"
[20:28] * Mycol considers.
[20:30] <Kotono> The guard nods, "Very well, sirs," he bows before departing.
[20:31] <Kotono> Ebenezer stares through all of it, "My goodness," he finallly adds, rather mildly. "I do believe we are being lauded for our labors."
[20:32] <Morrie> "I'm a bit worried about drawing so much attention to ourselves." He sighs. "But maybe it might be helpful."
[20:32] <Lehko> "Think we can get the wagon done for the parade?"
[20:33] <Penelo> "Ooooh... I wish I could help."
[20:34] <Kotono> "Not that fast," Ebenezer says after a moment's consideration. "Unfortunately."
[20:37] <Kotono> OOC: REady to move alogn then, y'all?
[20:37] <Lehko> OOC: I am.
[20:37] <Penelo> OOC: yarp
[20:37] <Mycol> OOC: Yeah
[20:38] <Morrie> OOC: yahp
[20:41] <Kotono> The next day begins in a blur. The party is taken at dawn and whisked to the castle. Here you are fitted for rich noble's clothes, assembled in a mere hour with the help of magic. Soon the party is taken to the castle courtyard. Here a great parade of horses, knights and parade floats are about. You are lead to one that is essentially a horse drawn platform, perfect for standing on. You are
[20:41] <Kotono> escorted on there as you can see the parade starting to begin. Even from here you can hear the cheering of the crowds outside.
[20:42] * Lehko coughs.
[20:42] * Penelo seems to be all sorts of giddy.
[20:42] <Lehko> "I'm starting to feel like I'm in over my head."
[20:44] * Mycol leans over and whispers
[20:44] * Santos waves at all the pretty ladies in the crowd.
[20:44] <Mycol> "Any of your wives know the names of fleshman knights?
[20:44] <Lehko> "I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure if they're looking for me... They're about to find me."
[20:45] <Morrie> He stays quiet, but smiles nonetheless while on the platform.
[20:46] <Penelo> "I am not sure I can fight a wave of angry wives, kupo."
[20:47] <Lehko> "I'm pretty sure they'll ignore you in favor of me."
[20:47] <Kotono> Thus the parade begins! The party is taken out! The streets are lined and packed with people! Under the sunny sky you are bathed in cheers, praise and overall well wishes! They call your names and call you heroes as you slowly progress along the streets. "Santos! Santos! Santos!" "Morrie! Morrie! Morrie! Lehko! Lehko! Lehko! Penelo! Penelo! Penelo! Mycol! Mycol! Mycol!"
[20:48] * Lehko awkwardly waves at the crowd...
[20:48] * Mycol march-dances
[20:48] * Penelo waves! at times flying into the air to be seen better.
[20:49] <Mycol> 2d6+5
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Mycol rolls 2d6+5 and gets 11." [2d6=5, 1]
[20:50] <Mycol> OOC: (That is a perform roll)
[20:51] <Mycol> OOC: (Mycol is trying to look his best.)
[20:55] * Santos continues waving at all the admiring citizens, blowing hearts at particularly pretty ladies or shooting a charming wink and smile at them, keeping his eye out for any superbly beatiful one to search for later on!
[20:56] * Morrie settles in, after a moment he smiles a bit and nods... mostly to himself, but waves back to the crowd.
[20:56] <Santos> roll 2d6+4 awareness I guess, just because Ko wants more from me!
[20:56] * Hatbot --> "Santos rolls 2d6+4 awareness I guess, just because Ko wants more from me! and gets 7." [2d6=2, 1]
[20:56] <Santos> ooc: Alas
[20:56] <Lehko> roll 2d6+9 Awareness
[20:56] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+9 Awareness and gets 20." [2d6=5, 6]
[20:56] * Lehko wingmans Santos.
[20:57] <Kotono> The waving and Mycol's dancing gets more cheers! Further, Lehko's sharp eyes catches a comely maiden waving to Santos from a window. She's above and out of sight of most. She also peeks out a moment, pleasantly topless. It's only a quick glimpse before she retreats back with a wink.
[20:58] * Lehko is quick to direct Santos' attention to her.
[20:59] * Penelo completely misses it.
[21:00] * Santos waves in the direction Lehko points at and says quietly, "This is the best day ever."
[21:00] <Lehko> "Just make sure you don't start having random children popping up everywhere."
[21:01] <Santos> "Don't worry, I've learned from your mistakes. I won't run away from pretty ladies."
[21:02] <Morrie> "You know..." He interrupts their ogling. "The last pretty lady we followed did try to kill us..."
[21:02] <Santos> "And I didn't run away or nearly die or anything either!" Santos counters cheerfully.
[21:03] * Penelo just lets them have their talk
[21:03] <Lehko> "I didn't so much as run away as left on a manly journey of self discovery."
[21:03] * Lehko smirks at Santos.
[21:05] <Santos> "Congratulations. You've learned that you abandoned your wives back home," Santos says drily.
[21:05] <Kotono> Amid cheerful chatter the parade eventually reaches the luncheon. It's more like an open air feast, food one for and all. It's a fine meal and one that passes well. Thereafter you stand before the king's table, all eyes on teh party. "People of Glacierwind Valley! Friends and family!" His Majesty calls, "On behalf of all of you and all the kingdom, allow us to give you our thanks for your courage
[21:05] <Kotono> in freeing us from the eternal night."
[21:07] <Morrie> "We only did what we should have." He says, rather meekly, oddly enough. "I think anyone in our position would have found the same desire to help the country."
[21:10] <Santos> "Also, all the mosquitoes from the growing marshes would have driven everyone insane," Santos jokes.
[21:10] <Lehko> "Somebody had to do it!"
[21:10] * Penelo remains oddly quiet, not sure what to say.
[21:13] <Kotono> After a round of cheers for the party again, "Now," he goes on, "The people of Glacierwind Valley would rest safely with such noble and skilled heroes personally defending the realm. For the sake of everyone here, would you join us in defending this realm?"
[21:15] <Santos> "You'll have my gunblade at your side, my king. And whatever other weapon I might wield."
[21:16] * Mycol stands and stretches
[21:16] <Lehko> "I swear my guns to the defense of people everywhere."
[21:16] <Mycol> "It would be a great honor to officially represent my people as a protector of flesh-men."
[21:17] * Morrie seems to consider his words very carefully for a good deal of time. He looks at the others before finally speaking up, a measured pace. "I think I can at least say that we would be happy to defend Glacierwind Valley. However, understand that if the darkness that lurks beyond these mountains still lives, we will have to leave to deal with it... at least temporarily."
[21:18] * Penelo thinking this over, bobbing her head back and forthe.
[21:21] <Kotono> Another cheer follows, His Majesty rising. "Kneel," he commands.
[21:21] * Lehko kneels before the king.
[21:21] * Morrie shifts and then does as he's told!
[21:21] * Penelo will move to kneel. so tiny.
[21:23] * Mycol shifts his stubby legs as best approximating
[21:24] * Santos kneels as well.
[21:24] <Kotono> His Majesty goes to each, sword drawn. Each is tapped on the shoulders (or mushroom cap), and when the last is done, "Rise, knights and protectors of the realm!" A great cheer goes up, deafening in intensity!
[21:24] * Mycol puffs his chest out with pride
[21:24] * Lehko stands and grins at the crowd.
[21:25] * Penelo stands up, fluttering into the air a moment with a twirl before settling down.
[21:27] <Morrie> Morrie stands, bowing slightly to the king before waving to the crowd again.
[21:30] <Santos> "Thank you for this honor, your majesty."
[21:30] <Kotono> From there, the rest of the day passes in a blur. A few days pass without incident then...one morning, Ebenezer gathers everyone together. "It's finished!" He announces, "And in perfect timing, too! Do you want to see it?"
[21:31] <Lehko> "*Yes.*"
[21:32] <Penelo> "Yes, yes!"
[21:33] * Morrie blinks, then looks over. "Ah, the project?"
[21:34] <Kotono> "Yes!" Ebenezer says, "Come with me!"
[21:34] * Lehko quickly follows!
[21:36] * Penelo will follow along.
[21:37] * Morrie goes!!
[21:38] * Mycol trudges along
[21:40] <Kotono> You head outside! Here it sits. It looks like a large wagon with no wheels. Instead it hovers in the air, little glowing blue pads beneath it. They pulse with light, keeping the wagon floating in the air. The front has a wide bench for seating three or four people, and the white canvas wagon tent keeps the inside cool and covered. A wheel like a ship's wheel is attached just in front of the wide
[21:40] <Kotono> bench. "May I present to you how we'll travel now? It goes as fast as a horse!"
[21:40] <Lehko> "Nice!"
[21:40] <Morrie> "Wow..." He looks all around it. "This is very impressive."
[21:40] * Lehko circles it, inspecting everything.
[21:41] <Santos> "I'm going to build cannons and attach them to it at some point. And then it'll be even more impressive," Santos promises.
[21:41] <Penelo> "Ooooo.." She leans in to look more closely underneath it.
[21:43] <Kotono> "Isn't it?" Ebenezer says cheerfully as Jessica hangsb ack and watches. She's murmuring something to herself, counting on her fingers in the meantime. "Further," Ebnezer goes on, "His Majesty sent us another scroll. In short, there's a Malboro infestation in the south, not far from the swamps. It's only little ones and he would like us to clear it out at some point. Between that and everything
[21:43] <Kotono> else now," Sweeping his arm, "We have choices. What do we do now?"
[21:44] <Santos> "Hey, the king just knighted us. Feels wrong not to follow such a simple request," Santos comments.
[21:44] <Morrie> "I'd like to take the Zodiac Stone by the White Wizards just to see if there's anything about them we don't know that they might. Other than that... we need to find that shrine in the snowy mountains." He shakes his head. "I have no objections to going to the swamp, though."
[21:44] * Mycol shivers
[21:45] <Mycol> "I do, but I suppose I might be outvoted.
[21:45] * Penelo nods nods. "We can clear the swamp and return to talk to the king about it and see about the zodiac then. We have been cooped up in this place for a while."
[21:45] <Lehko> "Sounds like a fair plan. White mages, swamp, mountains."
[21:47] * Morrie looks over at Mycol. "If you'd rather stay here, you can."
[21:48] * Mycol bristles
[21:48] <Mycol> "I fought against Lich, didn't I?
[21:48] * Mycol shakes his head.
[21:48] <Mycol> "I'll be... fine. Fine."
[21:49] <Morrie> He tilts his head, then shakes it. "We're here with you, Mycol."
[21:50] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmm," Jessica comes on up, "Say ,do Malboros eat mushrooms or something?"
[21:51] <Lehko> "Jessica! Guess you're personal assistant to the Knights Protectors now!"
[21:51] * Lehko grins at her.
[21:52] <Santos> "Don't worry, Mycol. We'll smoke those Malboros out of existance!"
[21:52] <Kotono> "That pays good," Jessica says cheerfully, "I'm in." She goes over and pats Mycol's 'shroom head, "Don't worry, I'll heal you if those Malboros take a bite off."
[21:52] * Lehko nudges her.
[21:53] <Lehko> "Maybe in a few missions we can get you knighted, too."
[21:55] * Penelo rubs her head a little, taking this all in.
[21:56] <Morrie> "You get used to them." He remarks to Penelo.
[21:57] <Penelo> "Yes, I imagine so."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.