"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Feedback time!

Started by Anastasia, September 07, 2013, 07:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 17, 2014, 03:54:46 PM
What worked in this game for you?

It was a neat setting of exploration and horror that kept things fairly grounded. I liked that we went on our major quest just because we wanted the fey to be cuter/nicer rather than having any big world-in-peril impetus. I liked the mundane dangers that filled the forest, which kept it dangerous while still being fairly low-key. The mysterious and creepy fey realm was a nice counterpoint to the regular forest, too.

Yeah. The divide between forest and fey realm came from a competing game idea post B3. The mundane, dangerous and ultimately normal forest versus the oddities of the fey realm worked well, I thought.

The entire game was lower key than most other games I've ran.

QuoteWhat didn't work in this game for you?

While building up the village was a cool concept, it never actually panned out -  we didn't really have to work at it much and we never saw much coming out of the stuff we did do, like the trading post. Aside from Myann the NPC stuff was pretty shallow - I get that a break was needed after B3, but I'd like to go back to at least a B1 or B2 level of interaction with NPCs in a future game.

Yeah, I don't disagree. I found that it was ultimately easier to just handwave things here - it felt like the focus was on other things rather than building a town. Things like that and Hylath having more screen time never quite came together on account of it.

Next game is going to be more Balmuria styled as far as NPC depth goes.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?