News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

The raiders of the lost carnival

Started by Ebiris, November 25, 2013, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[17:59] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, what else did you watn to get done in MAlaines?
[18:00] <Feather> OOC: Ask the magus fix the emperor armor, maybe with the shards from the psychic kid?
[18:02] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[18:02] <@Kotono> The conversation lulls a bit as you discuss Redmond. While that happens, the Magus looks over the Emperor's armor. He leans in close to Gildas and asks, "Oh, where did you find this?"
[18:04] <Gildas> "Ah... it came from..." He looks to the others. "A very misguided individual. We were hoping to possibly get it repaired."
[18:06] <@John> "He was going around torturing fairies and setting wyverns on people," John explains bitterly.
[18:07] <@Kotono> The Magus runs his hands across the armor, "It can be done if done right," he announces, "I will need a topaz, a ruby and some adamantine," he announces. "But it can be done."
[18:08] <Gildas> "Hm... don't we have those?" He looks to the others, before looking back. "Any specific size...?"
[18:08] <@Kotono> "The bigger the better," he remarks, "Purity is useful as well but not as important as size."
[18:09] <Feather> "We've got a small ruby," Feather muses. "But the only metal we have plenty of is that weird one."
[18:10] * Feather snaps his fingers. "And don't we got a brown topaz, too?"
[18:11] <Gildas> "We'd have to go through everything again, but I'm relatively sure we can find them. If not, someone here might sell gemstones."
[18:13] <@Kotono> The Magus nods, "Be in touch," he says, standing to go.
[18:13] <Gildas> "Thank you." He nods to him as he departs.
[18:14] <@Kotono> OOC: Now what, y'all?
[18:14] <@John> OOC: hoof it back home?
[18:17] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[18:17] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[18:17] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 76 > [d100=76]
[18:17] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 98 > [d100=98]
[18:17] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 49 > [d100=49]
[18:22] <@Kotono> You're a day and a half so out from Malaines, making good time down the hunting paths. It's there you see someone's set up a tent just off them. A man wearing tattered traveling clothes, lying back and sitting at the sky. Besides him is a huge, gaudily ornate treasure chest. It's decorated with gemstones all over and seems to just drip wealth. The man's currently relaxing back, watching the
[18:22] <@Kotono> canopy above.
[18:23] <Feather> "Really? I'm really seeing this?" Feather asks, rubbing at his eyes.
[18:23] <Gildas> "Well, that's just asking for someone to try and steal, I'd think..." He comments with a shake of his head.
[18:23] <@Kotono> "That has to be some sort of bait," Myann thirds, "There's just no way someone drags that around for no reason."
[18:24] <@John> "Could be one of those treasure chests that try and eat you," John warns. "Dunno what the guy's angle is, though."
[18:27] <@Kotono> The man glances over as the party speaks. He waves lazily, "Hi there," he calls.
[18:27] <@Kotono> El stirs slightly and glances at the man before going right back to sleep.
[18:27] <@John> "Hullo. You alright there?" John asks.
[18:28] <Feather> "I bet you get asked this all the time. What's with the chest?"
[18:29] <@Kotono> "Sure am, sure am," he chortles at that, "I'm not dressed up to entertain, but why not come overs sirs and ma'am? Come on over and have a seat, and I'll tell you about the finest carnival this side of Winterbrook. The chest, the chest! Of course, the chest! This chest is a gateway to fun and adventure! My friends, now just relax a moment and allow me to explain the wondrous things within. Within
[18:29] <@Kotono> you can find joy, happiness and the finest diversions known to man or elf, or dare I even say the raptorians above and the orcs, not to mention whatever lies below the terra firma we sit on!"
[18:31] <@John> "Kobolds and lizards and ants," John helpfully informs him. "So, you want us to... go inside your chest? Is that it?" he follows up with a dubious question.
[18:32] <@Kotono> He smiles, "No, to open it. Why, there's wonders in there that would make a king blush1"
[18:33] <Gildas> He tilts his head to the side at the mention of a carnival. He decides to discreetly check for any magic in or around the area while hoisting El back up.
[18:33] <Feather> "Is it like a chest that only the Chosen One can open?" Feather asks uncertainly.
[18:33] <@John> "What's it cost, then?" John asks, walking closer to give the chest a look over.
[18:35] <@Kotono> Gildas can detect strong magic from the chest.
[18:35] <@Kotono> OOC: Spellcraft.
[18:35] <@Kotono> "Anyone can open it." Smiling more now, "Any and all can open it, and it's free to the public. All I ask is that you enjoy it!"
[18:36] <Gildas> roll 1d20+12
[18:36] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 24 > [d20=12]
[18:36] <Feather> "Sure, but what's in it for you? It don't feel right to just receive something without giving something back in return."
[18:36] <@John> "Alright then, I'll give it a go," John shrugs and lifts the chest open.
[18:37] <Gildas> He's about to open his mouth to protest, but then frowns.
[18:40] <@Kotono> The chest's magic is powerful conjuration that-the chest is opened. Gildas's study is disrupted as it opens! Suddenly reality shifts as the party feels themselves being sucked inside! The four of you sit in comfortable, soft chairs in front of a fire. You are in a room of some sort, sitting before a crackling flame. Each of you has a glass of booze in hand, your gazes tothe fire. Above the
[18:40] <@Kotono> fireplace sits a portrait of a noble-looking lady, clad in finery and riding a horse. The walls are stone with wood inlays and the floor is covered in soft mats.
[18:40] <@John> "What..." John looks up to see if he can see out of the chest through the ceiling. "This isn't like any carnival I've ever been to."
[18:41] <Feather> "Thought it was just gonna be one of us each time," Feather admits, looking around. "Unless you're all in my mind!"
[18:41] <Gildas> He reaches up to rub his forehead. "Well, the chest is magical..." As if the rest of them haven't already figured that part out.
[18:41] <@Kotono> The ceiling is pleasant and in no way a chest's opening.
[18:41] <@Kotono> Myann puts down her glass and looks around, "It doesn't look that bad..." she murmurs.
[18:42] * @John puts the glass down and stands up, looking around the room for any doors. "How'd we get out when we're done, then?"
[18:42] * Feather takes a sip of wine, admiring the portrait.
[18:43] <@Kotono> Behind you is a long, comfortable den. Animal heads, plaques and paintings all hang. There's two doors on the far wall. Approaching you is a pair of maids, lovely blonde ladies with smiles. Theo ne on the left speaks, "Sirs and ma'am, welcome! Please, sit down and enjoy your drinks." OOC: Feather, make a Will save. This is a mind-affecting, sleep effect for modifiers.
[18:44] <Feather> roll 1d20+7
[18:44] <Serith> Feather roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=14]
[18:44] <Gildas> Gildas puts his glass down as well and looks over at Myann. "Just to be clear, you don't think this has anything to do with the Sidhe, correct? Considering where we first met Lady Valisha..." He glances back at the maids, deciding again to discreetly try and see if anything just yells out 'magic!' in the area. ...Or wherever they are.
[18:45] <@John> "Oh, um alright then," John blushes, unable to say no to a pretty lady, far less two! Sitting back in his chair he lifts his glass back up and nervously takes a sip.
[18:48] <@Kotono> "I don't think so," Myann says, "I don't feel any sign of it." Butmeanwhile Feather feels a bit groggy. Sleepy. But he shakes it off, resisting sleep's siren call. OOC: Will, John. Same mods as Porridge
[18:48] <@Kotono> .
[18:48] <@Kotono> OOC: DMing or something else, Gildas?
[18:49] <@John> roll 1d20+11 +13 if enchantment
[18:49] <Serith> John roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=2]
[18:49] <Feather> "Strong stuff," Feather murmurs, shaking his head dazedly.
[18:51] <Gildas> OOC: DM
[18:53] <@Kotono> OOC: I meant Feather. Gah.
[18:53] <@Kotono> John yawns, blinks and promptly falls fast asleep.
[18:53] <@Kotono> OOC: The entire area radiates strong magic. Spellcraft.
[18:53] <Gildas> roll 1d20+12
[18:53] <@Kotono> "Please, enjoy," The other maid prompts to Gildas and Myann.
[18:53] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 20 > [d20=8]
[18:55] <@Kotono> There's powerful magic all over. Everything is drenched in it, making it difficult to determine anything. Bu tit's similar to the magic you saw on the chest.
[18:55] <@Kotono> "Are you alright, Feather?" Myann asks, glancing over at John. "John?"
[18:56] <Feather> "Eh? Wha?"
[18:57] * @John sits with his chin against his chest, eyes closed and breathing even.
[18:57] <Gildas> Gildas' eyes narrow. "There's magic everywhere. Conjuration... of some nature." He then looks over to John and then to the drinks, then at the maids. "I don't drink."
[18:59] <@Kotono> "But please, just try it," The maids approach Gildas, pretty little things. They go right up to him, "Wil you drink for us?"
[18:59] <Gildas> "No, thank you." He responds, trying to step back from them.
[19:00] <@Kotono> Myann pauses and shakes her head, "I'd rather not," she finally says.
[19:01] <@Kotono> The two maids back up and exchange looks, 10ft from the party. As one they draw daggers, "There's more than one way to put you to sleep," the sing-song happily. OOC: Init. The maids just went hostile.
[19:01] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Myann
[19:01] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 8 > [d20=6]
[19:01] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[19:01] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=9]
[19:01] <Gildas> OOC: Off to a good start I see
[19:01] <@Kotono> OOC: Going to put down El?
[19:01] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Maid 1
[19:01] <Feather> roll 1d20+3 maids, why did it have to be maids
[19:01] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=16]
[19:01] <Serith> Feather roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=9]
[19:01] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+9 Maid 2
[19:01] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 10 > [d20=1]
[19:02] * Kotono changes topic to 'Maid 1(21)>Gildas=Feather(12)>Maid 2(10)>Myann(8)'
[19:03] <@Kotono> The first maid dashes forward, going right after Gildas before he cna react!
[19:03] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8 flatfooted AC, note if you have uncanny dodge
[19:03] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=3]
[19:04] <Gildas> OOC: 14
[19:05] <@Kotono> But Gildas is already dodging, nimbly avoiding the knifing! The maid's strike is elegant, one deep swoop before she steps back and curtesies, "A fine dodge, but I'm afraid it can't last forever." OOC: Gildas.
[19:07] <Gildas> Gildas shapeshifts into his predator form and tries to maul the everloving crap out of the maid who tried to strike him!
[19:07] <Gildas> OOC: I'm close enough to flurry, correct?
[19:07] <@Kotono> ?OOC: Yes.
[19:07] <Gildas> OOC: OK!
[19:08] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13 Stunning Fist
[19:08] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 32 > [d20=19]
[19:08] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[19:08] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=17]
[19:08] <Gildas> roll 1d20+8
[19:08] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=13]
[19:09] <@Kotono> OOC: All hit. DC on stunning fist?
[19:09] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[19:09] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 7 > [d20=1]
[19:10] <Gildas> OOC: 17
[19:10] <Gildas> OOC: Let me sort out damage, just a sec
[19:11] <Gildas> roll 6d8+30+3d6 last is cold
[19:11] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 61 > [d8=4,2,6,7,5,1][d6=3,1,2]
[19:12] * Kotono changes topic to 'Gildas=Feather(12)>Maid 2(10)>Myann(8)'
[19:13] <@Kotono> The maid is pawed right in the face, causing her to reel bad in a daze! Gildas then grabs her and slams her head into his knee over and over, breaking her face like a teacup under a giant's boot. She falls a bloodied mess, blood seeping out from all over her ruined skull. OOC: Ow. Feather.
[19:15] <Feather> "You better stop," Feather warns the remaining maid, getting shakily to his feet and cleaving through the portrait above the fireplace with his drawn sword. "No sense is needless killing."
[19:15] <@Kotono> OOC: Make an intimidation check.
[19:15] <Feather> roll 1d20
[19:15] <Serith> Feather roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=17]
[19:16] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[19:16] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=11]
[19:17] <@Kotono> The second maid takes a step back in surprise, before she frowns, "I'm afraid I can't do that, sir," she says, before diving past Gildas and towards Feather! OOC: She'll risk an AoO from you, Gildas. Watn to take it?
[19:18] <Gildas> OOC: Sure.
[19:18] <Feather> "Why not?!"
[19:18] <Gildas> OOC: Do you want me to do any balance checks for the lone child?
[19:20] <@Kotono> OOC: Sure.
[19:20] <Gildas> OOC: Actually, can I just try to trip her instead?
[19:20] <@Kotono> OOC: Yues, it's an attack action.
[19:20] <Gildas> OOC: Fantastic
[19:21] <Gildas> roll 1d20+11
[19:21] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=14]
[19:21] <@Kotono> OOC: Use your CMB with the improved trip bonus, not a normal attack roll.
[19:22] <Gildas> OOC: Oh, my apologies
[19:22] <@Kotono> OOC: Which is +14 glancing at your sheet, so you succeed anyway.
[19:22] <@Kotono> OOC: Going to make the follow-up attack from improved trip?
[19:22] <Gildas> OOC: Sure
[19:22] <Gildas> roll 1d20+11
[19:22] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=19]
[19:22] <Gildas> OOC: I think I did that correctly
[19:22] <@Kotono> OOC: hit.
[19:23] <Gildas> roll 2d6+10+1d6
[19:23] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 23 > [d6=6,6,1]
[19:23] <@Kotono> WHAM! The maid is tripped by a flick of Gildas's foot, then he dives down to slam a paw into her sternum. She cries out as a CRACK echos, gasps of choking pain following! The maid is down! OOC: Myann.
[19:24] <@Kotono> Myann quickly sidesteps over to John, shaking him. "Wake up!" John stirs, awareness returning. OOC: Line and roll init, John.
[19:25] <@John> "Wha..." John blinks sluggishly, his eyes beholding the bloody remains of the two pretty maids. "Aaaah! What did I miss?!" he yelps in alarm.
[19:25] <@John> roll 1d20+3
[19:25] <Serith> John roll for Serith < 18 > [d20=15]
[19:26] * Kotono changes topic to 'John(18)>Gildas=Feather(12)>Maid 2(10)>Myann(8)'
[19:27] <@Kotono> OOC: Go John.
[19:27] <Feather> "It's them maids! Knock some sense into this one while she's still alive!"
[19:29] <@John> "What?" he rises to his feet and reaches over for his fallen staff. "What good's that going to do? She looks near dead anyway!"
[19:29] <@Kotono> OOC: Gildas, go.
[19:30] <Gildas> OOC: Roger.
[19:31] <Gildas> The bear just tries to slam a paw down on the maid to keep her in place! OOC: Just going to do Stunning Fist to keep her down, and try to not, you know, break her into pieces if possible.
[19:34] <@Kotono> OOC: You can just deal non-lethal damgae with unarmed strikes if that's wha tyou want.
[19:35] <Gildas> OOC: Okay, that will be fine. Stunning Fist with non-lethal damage.
[19:35] <Gildas> OOC: Or, rather, just non-lethal, sorry
[19:36] <@Kotono> OOC: Sure, make your attack rolls then.
[19:36] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[19:36] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[19:36] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=4]
[19:36] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 23 > [d20=10]
[19:36] <Gildas> roll 1d20+8
[19:36] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=3]
[19:39] <@Kotono> OOC: Two hits.
[19:40] <Gildas> roll 4d8+20+2d6 cold
[19:40] <Serith> Gildas roll for Serith < 43 > [d8=3,1,6,7][d6=2,4]
[19:40] <@Kotono> Two quick chops to the maid's neck render her out cold, beaten down and defeated! OOC: Free act.
[19:41] <Feather> "Well that wasn't nice at all!" Feather exclaims, looking about them.
[19:42] <@John> "No! It wasn't!" John agrees. "Would someone explain to me just what happened?" he turns hopefully to Myann for this, since she doesn't seem to have participated in the violence.
[19:43] <@Kotono> "The drinks were poisoned with some sort of sleep poison and the maids tried to kill us," she replies dutifully, "I think that's the long and short of it."
[19:44] <@John> "But they seemed so nice," John mutters morosely, taking her word for it. And he must be the only one who fell for it... "What kind of carnival is this supposed to be?"
[19:47] <Gildas> Gildas shapeshifts back, still holding the napping child psychic. "I wonder about that. Either way... this entire place is magical. I would guess it's some sort of conjured realm, much like that church we passed through a few weeks ago."
[19:47] <Gildas> He glances around at the rest of the room. "We can probably escape if we just move forward."
[19:47] <@Kotono> "Our luck is rotten if we found two of those so close together," Myann declares, rubbing her forehead.
[19:49] <Gildas> "I wonder what the point of it is, though..." He wonders. "I mean, if that gentleman is cursed with needing to carry this around...? I do not know. We should just try and escape for the time being."
[19:50] <@John> "So... go through one of the doors?" John hazards, approaching the one on the right.
[19:51] <@Kotono> "Unless someone has a better idea," Myann remarks, following.
[19:51] * @John opens it up, then!
[19:53] <@Kotono> The door is opened. It opens into a library. Looks nice - tall shelves, a rolling ladder, lots of books, comfortable chairs with candle-filled tables to read at.
[19:54] <Gildas> "Let's agree to not eat or drink anything we find here." He says as he peeks his head in.
[19:55] <@John> "Still nothing carnival-like," John says with increasing disappointment as he goes to try the left door. Not as if he'd probably enjoy a carnival after what he saw upon waking up, though.
[19:57] <@Kotono> The door is opened. This door leads to a hall - two doors on the right and two on the left. At the end is a fifth door, covered in brightly colored streamers and designs.
[19:59] <@John> "Want to go try the door with all the stuff on it?" John asks, in case anyone wants to browse the library first. Or try alternate doors.
[20:00] <@Kotono> "Any direction's as good as any here," Myann admits, "As I see it. We're going in blind. Feather?"
[20:00] <Feather> "The streamers," Feather suggests. "Sounds like the goal?"
[20:01] <Gildas> He nods. "We may as well."

Ebiris

[18:24] <@Kotono> John and company go to the decorated door. Here you can distantly hear the faraway sounds of music playing. It sounds like a cheerful lute tune, but is too muffled to make out details.
[18:25] <@John> "If there is a carnival through there they're gonna be real sad about those dead maids," John says as he opens the door.
[18:26] <@Kotono> The door opens. Ahead is an open field filled with colorful tents. The sound of music comes from ahead, as you see stalls and stands and all manner of t hings set up. It's dominated in the back by some great wooden contraption, a metal sphere connected to a massive, thick pole of wood that stretches hundreds of feet up into the air. The scent of frying food can be smelled.
[18:27] <@John> Fried food is the best! "Ohh, that smells good! Are you sure we can't eat anything?" he asks Myann after stepping through.
[18:28] <Gildas> He shakes his head. "I wouldn't risk it."
[18:28] <@Kotono> Myann follows, "It doesn't feel like Sidhe tricks to me," she adds, "But I'll know for sure once I meet someone else here. I suppose it's reassuring that not all of our problems come from them."
[18:29] <@John> "So what's our plan then? How we going to get out of here?"
[18:30] <Feather> "What did these people want, you reckon?" Feather wonders. "Falling asleep means they ain't want to kill us? But they don't mind knifing us, either. It don't make much sense."
[18:31] <Gildas> "I have a feeling we'd have joined the circus if we'd all been drugged." He says.
[18:31] <@John> "Maybe they were trick knives?" John suggests. "Put you to sleep without hurting you? Did anyone get hit?"
[18:31] <@Kotono> El continues to sleep, Fang sticking close to John. "I don't know," Myann admits, "Then again, sane places don't go from mansion to carnival like that."
[18:32] <Feather> "Anyone here?" Feather calls out loudly into the carnival.
[18:38] <@Kotono> "Ho there!" The nearest stall has a man poke his head out. He's bald and red-faced, "Visitors! Come one and come all, come on over!"
[18:41] <@John> "Uh, hullo," John says as he walks over, feeling unsure if he should punch the pan or play it cool, so he'll just follow his friends' lead.
[18:41] <@John> *punch the man
[18:41] <Gildas> He will go along with the others to the man, presumably. He can't do anymore magic detection, but just assumes this is a continuation of earlier.
[18:41] <@Kotono> Ahead you see several stalls. The first is where the bald man is. A few bow and arrows sit on the counter, and aiming targets stand 15ft back. The next stall connects to a freestanding building, images of ghosts and ghouls painted on it. The third has a burly, mustached woman standing inside, awaiting with crossed arms. There's more past that, but you'd need to go down that way.
[18:42] <@Kotono> "Hello there! Welcome to Sharp Sean's Shooting Show!" His voice picks up speed, becoming a blur of noise and meaning. "Step right up and buy yourself 3 shots for 5 gold coins. Hit the bullseye on a target and you'll win a prize! What prize, Sean?" He gestures to above the targets, where a selection of stuffed toys sit. Humanoids, dragons, griffons and other monsters yet sit. Each is quite
[18:42] <@Kotono> oversized. "The finest of special toymanship from the Fantasy Carnival. Think you can shoot? You have this one in the bag! Only 5 gold coins! 5 gold!"
[18:44] * Quits: Gildas (~rscuderi@rrcs-24-227-47-10.se.biz.rr.com) (Ping timeout)
[18:44] * Joins: Nephrite2 (~rscuderi@rrcs-24-227-47-10.se.biz.rr.com)
[18:44] <@Kotono> As the party takes a moment, he goes right on, "That's a fine wolf there, sir. I bet you're a crack shot with a bow, aren't you? You have the muscle to really drive an arrow home, so how about you pony up some gold and take a shot?"
[18:44] <@John> "Seems like a regular carnival to me," John says hopefully, kind of wanting to play. But he won't if they're going to bloodily fight their way out.
[18:45] <@Kotono> "It's not just a regular carnival, sir!" Sharp Sean counters, "No sir, this is the special Fantasy Carnival, where speciald reams come true for special people! I guarantee you won't walk out of here the same!"
[18:45] * Joins: Gildas (~rscuderi@rrcs-24-227-47-10.se.biz.rr.com)
[18:46] <@John> "Big Eric always told me I was special," John smiles in reminiscence, that happy thought enough to temper his suspicion and make him dig out five gold!
[18:47] <@Kotono> The gold is taken once put down. Sharp Sean presents a bow and arrow to John, "Three shots, take a moment and relax after each one. Good luck and good shooting, sir!" OOC: Post the expense.
[18:47] <@Kotono> "Not Sidhe, I think," Myann murmurs to Feather, quietly watching the bald man. "Just strange."
[18:47] * Quits: Nephrite2 (~rscuderi@rrcs-24-227-47-10.se.biz.rr.com) (Ping timeout)
[18:47] <@John> OOC: done
[18:47] <Gildas> He just frowns and steps back to watch.
[18:48] <@John> Lifting up the bow, he fumbles inexpertly with it a little before slotting the arrow against the string, pulling it back without supporting it properly and does his best to aim at the bullseye before letting loose!
[18:48] <@John> roll 1d20+9-4
[18:49] <Feather> "Yeah, seems like. Which one do you want?" Feather asks Myann quietly, eyeing the stuffed toys as John steps over to shoot.
[18:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Summon a miko.
[18:49] <@Kotono> Myann looks on, smiling just a little bit, "Surprise me," she answers back.
[18:49] * Joins: Rei-chan (~mars@cpc9-sgyl30-2-0-cust73.sgyl.cable.virginm.net)
[18:49] <@John> roll 1d20+9-4
[18:49] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+9-4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{12}
[18:49] <@Kotono> John shoots - but hits the outer part of the target. Thunk! "Oh, too bad sir, too bad! But you still have two shots, two shots!"
[18:50] <Feather> "Anything goes with those shots?" Feather asks curiously, fetching his own gold in the meanwhile and counting off five coins.
[18:51] <@Kotono> "As long as it's a fair shot," he says, "But only one shooter at a time, good sir."
[18:51] <@John> "Never really paid attention when Humble Robert talked about archery. Just didn't seem for me," John mutters by way of explanation as he nocks back another arrow. "What was it he said... something about winking?" In any case, the next arrow goes flying.
[18:51] <@John> roll 1d20+9-4
[18:51] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+9-4 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{6}
[18:52] <@Kotono> Wow! John misses entirely! It hits the back of the stall, Sharp Sean wincing, "Oooh, bad luck. One more shot!"
[18:52] <Feather> "Fair shot?"
[18:52] <@John> "Right, lets see if I can get it this time," John furrows his brow, raising the bow and closing one eye as he tries to aim before releasing the string!
[18:52] <@John> roll 1d20+9-4
[18:52] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+9-4 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{18}
[18:52] <@Kotono> "Right, natural skill only," he answers, "But you don't look anything like a wizard," he remarks, "So you know. No going over the counter, nothing like that."
[18:53] * Feather nods, watching John take his third shot. "Makes sense."
[18:53] <@Kotono> John shoots his third arrow - it hits the target about midway, better but not the bullseyes. "Too bad sir, too bad. Bad shooting, but I thought you had it there. You should try again after your friend shoots, I bet you'll get it that time!"
[18:54] <@John> "Naw, think I'll try one of the other games," John decides, moving back to let Feather have a go. "Bow just doesn't feel comfy in my hands, y'know?"
[18:55] * Feather pays for the attempt, before drawing his own bow. He prepares three arrows, and then lets them loose one after the other to test his luck!
[18:55] <Feather> roll 3#1d20+10
[18:55] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 3#1d20+10 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{27}, [ 1d20=2 ]{12}, [ 1d20=10 ]{20}
[18:56] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[18:56] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=91 ]{91}
[18:57] <@Kotono> The first arrow flies true, hitting the target dead on! It makes a loud, metallic screech as the arrow penetrates in, not like the previous soft thumps of hitting other parts of the target. The carnival man stares a moment, "Wow," he mutters before turning, withdrawing a bell from nowhere. He shakes it and calls, "Winner! Winner! Winner! Look at that, it's just as easy at that, folks! We have
[18:57] <@Kotono> a shooter here!"
[18:58] <Feather> "Guess I only needed the one arrow," Feather mutters, surprised at the success all the same. "So, uh, I get to choose the monster toy now?"
[18:58] <@Kotono> "That's right, sir! Choose one," he gestures. OOC: You have some latitude so go ahead.
[18:58] <@Kotono> "Hah!" Myann breaks into a grin at that, "Good shot!"
[18:59] <Feather> "Yeah, uh, how about that evil-looking lizard? The upright one, with the spiked turtle shell thingy on his back?"
[18:59] <@Kotono> "Right, right." It's brought on over, presented to Feather. "Here you go, sir! Congratulations again!"
[19:00] <Feather> "Thanks," Feather responds, taking the toy and offering it to Myann. "So you're a local. What else is here to do for fun?"
[19:01] <@Kotono> Myann takes it with a smile, hugging it to her chest. "Mmm, it's warm to the touch!" OOC: Loot post.
[19:02] <@Kotono> "Ahead is the spooky mansion, where the bravest can face their fears and find hidden ghost treasure!" Sharp Sean goes on, "Then there's armwrestling with Matilda, the mustasched lady. Then there's Ally's Action Adventure, then Fabulous Fred's Foods and then you see over there? That's the Death Riser!"
[19:03] <Feather> "Sounds mighty ominous."
[19:04] <@Kotono> Sharp Sean points at the massive wooden pole, "Only the bravest can ride it! True heroes can find a treasure without compare on it! But it's dangerous and we take no responsibility for injuries within it."
[19:04] <Feather> "Figures. Once we've been everywhere, though, where's the way back?"
[19:05] <@Kotono> "Why, you go right on back that way," Sharp Sean gestures the way you went, "It'll be right back there."
[19:05] <Feather> "Got it. Thanks for the help!" Feather responds, heading over towards the action adventure.
[19:05] <@John> "I'll try the armwrestling, I guess," John says, going over to the musatchioed lady.
[19:06] <@Kotono> Fang comes up and sniffs at the bottom of the plushie's foot, before giving it a lick.
[19:06] <Feather> "Go for it!"
[19:06] <Gildas> He shakes his head. "It still makes me wonder why we were attacked in the first place, if this... area is just a carnival."
[19:07] <@Kotono> They party goes on over to the musatched lady. "Yeah?" she asks, giving John a scornful look, "Oh yeah, you think you're some big, strong man, don'tcha?" Ahead you can see the next shack connects to a tent and the one after has tables within it. It's where the good smells are coming from.
[19:07] <@Kotono> "I don't know," Myann murmurs, "We're missing something about this, I'm sure."
[19:07] <Feather> "They really wanted you to drink the wine?" Feather asks Gildas with a shrug, before turning his attention to John. "C'mon! Show us what you got!"
[19:08] <@John> "I don't just think it, I've been told it!" John replies cheerily, taking a seat opposite her. "So how's this going to work?"
[19:09] <@Kotono> "Five gold for one match - pay up so I can beat your ass at this, boy," The woman glowers, putting her arm out.
[19:11] <@John> Another five gold is fed to the carnival gods, and then John sets his elbow down and clasps his hand with the lady's, starting to push immediately!
[19:11] <@Kotono> The woman takes it - wow, her grip is strong! Woof! OOC: Str check.
[19:12] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:12] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{17}
[19:12] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:12] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{24}
[19:12] <@Kotono> Gah! It's too much! John is being pushed back, arm going the wrong way! The mustasched lady is grinning, "Is that it, boy! Come on!" OOC: React and roll another str check.
[19:13] <@Kotono> "Come on, John!" Myann cheers.
[19:13] <@John> Damn, and he was completely caught off guard when someone tried that same trick against him! "I'm just getting warmed up," he insists, throwing himself into it for real!
[19:13] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:13] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
[19:14] <Feather> "You got this!"
[19:14] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:14] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{14}
[19:15] <@Kotono> Aaand with a grunt, John manages to make it back upright! It's back to being even, the two straining, "Oh ho! So the little boy has some swing after all!" she grins. OOC: React and roll.
[19:15] <@John> "I've got it now!" John insists, perhaps prematurely.
[19:15] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:15] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{13}
[19:16] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:16] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{12}
[19:17] <@Kotono> Sloowly she's pushed back, John gaining the initiative! It's not over yet, but he has an edge! "Bullshit!" The woman swears, the muscles all over her body swelling up and out! "I'm not going to lose to some snot nosed little bitch boy! GRAAAAWR!" OOC: React and roll.
[19:18] <@John> "Hey, no magic!" John protests. But still he throws himself into it to try and push her down before she can get the full benefit of her cheating.
[19:18] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:18] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{18}
[19:18] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[19:18] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{10}
[19:19] <@Kotono> "It's no-gaaah!" Down she goes! She's just barely keeping her hand off! Her face twists into a grimace, staving off defeat at the edge! She's groaning and pouring everything she has into it! Almost there! OOC: React and roll.
[19:19] <@John> John's straining and sweating with the effort of it, but there's a grin on his lips as he tries to finish her off quick!
[19:19] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:19] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{5}
[19:20] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[19:20] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{16}
[19:20] <@Kotono> Ugh! John's pushed back, only with an advantage now! The two continue on, going back and forth! OOC: Roll.
[19:20] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[19:20] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{27}
[19:20] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:20] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
[19:21] <@Kotono> John can't resist it! They're back up to being even, Matilda grinning viciously! "Got you now!" OOC: Roll'n'react.
[19:21] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[19:21] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{17}
[19:21] <@John> "Not gonna lose... to a cheat!" he grimaces.
[19:21] <@Kotono> Myann watches all of this, "Not remotely fair," she mutters.
[19:21] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:21] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{5}
[19:22] <@Kotono> Gah! John's pushed back, now at a disadvantage! This isn't working! This isn't working at all! OOC: Roll.
[19:22] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[19:22] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{25}
[19:22] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:22] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{24}
[19:22] <@Kotono> John's on the ropes! His hand is an inch above the table, pressed back harder and harder! He puts up a valiant defense, clinging on for dear life! OOC: React'n'roll.
[19:24] <Feather> "Really? You need to cheat to win?" Feather snorts. "Bet that's how you won every time in the past, too. Is that moustache even real?"
[19:24] <@John> Alright. Humble Robert taught him lots that wasn't archery. And the most fundamental thing, alongside 'aim for the kidneys' was that if you're in a bad spot, you have to fight dirty! Kicking out a foot sharply into Matilda's knee under the table, he pushes with all his might while she's hopefully distracted!
[19:24] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:24] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{7}
[19:24] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 concentration check
[19:24] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 concentration check --> [ 1d20=1 ]{3}
[19:25] <@Kotono> "Gah!" The woman calls, concentration disrupted! Her muscles shrink back down, the entire process letting John get back up to only a disadvantage! "You little bastard!" She howls, trying to push back! OOC: Roll.
[19:25] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:25] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{14}
[19:25] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:25] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{12}
[19:25] <@Kotono> Guh! Out of pure rage she pushes John back to the brink! Her eyes blaze with fury as she sucks in air, trying to finish it! OOC: React'n'roll.
[19:26] <@John> "Not yet... not yet!"
[19:26] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:26] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
[19:26] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:26] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{11}
[19:26] <@Kotono> Got her! She's pushed back again, only a disadvantage as the two go at it! OOC: Roll
[19:26] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[19:26] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
[19:26] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:26] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{23}
[19:27] <@Kotono> But John manages to push her back to the middle! It's back to where you started, the two going at it! But the bearded lady is starting to grimace, her grip weakening! OOC: React'n'roll.
[19:27] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[19:27] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{13}
[19:27] <@John> "C'mon, you can't keep it up much longer, can you?" he challenges.
[19:27] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:27] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{6}
[19:27] <@Kotono> With a scream of rage she pushes John back to the disadvantage, "Shut up, BOY!" OOC: Roll.
[19:27] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[19:28] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{19}
[19:28] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:28] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{24}
[19:28] <@Kotono> But John pushes right back, her grip weakening even more! Back to a tie! OOC: Roll again.
[19:28] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+1
[19:28] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+1 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{6}
[19:28] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{24}
[19:28] <@Kotono> And just like that she's on the disadvantage, reeling and sweating! John feels like he has her now! OOC: Roll.
[19:28] <@Kotono> roll 1d20
[19:28] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{10}
[19:28] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{11}
[19:29] <@Kotono> Wham! Almost got her! She's on the brink now, no grip at all! Finish her! OOC: Roll.
[19:29] <@Kotono> roll 1d20-1
[19:29] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20-1 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{3}
[19:29] <@John> roll 1d20+4
[19:29] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
[19:29] <@Kotono> With a final push, John slams her hand onto the table! She cries out in pain, slumping over in defeat! OOC: Act. You won.
[19:30] <@John> "Yes!" John stands up and slaps a triumphant hand on the table. "That was for you, Robert!"
[19:31] <Feather> "Just rewards," Feather murmurs to Myann, before clapping John on the shoulder in congratulations.
[19:31] <@Kotono> "Fucking lucky..." The woman rubs her hand, "Here." She tosses a glass bottle over at John. "You won." OOC: Edited into loot.
[19:32] <@Kotono> Myann does the same, "Good work."
[19:33] <@John> "Aww, thanks you two," John blushes at the praise, catching the bottle and having a look at the label. "Good stuff, looks like. Thanks!"
[19:34] <@Kotono> "So now what?" Myann asks, and lowering her voice, "Let's avoid the food tent. The mushrooms they're serving in there aren't safe."
[19:34] <Feather> "Huh. You don't say. Well, I don't got a good way to deal with no ghosts, so maybe the adventure?"
[19:35] <@John> "Sure, I'll go for whatever," John says, having no real preferences with the rest of the attractions.
[19:35] <@Kotono> "I'm half tempted to go express my displeasure at the cook," Myann murmurs, "But that's the Sidhe and the mantle talking."
[19:36] <Gildas> He just nods to the others. "We may as well continue to participate in this for the time being..."
[19:40] <@John> And so onto Ally's Action Adventure!
[19:43] <@Kotono> This shack connects to a tent. A pretty young woman in armor stands before it, standing at attention. She's blonde and bubbly-looking, all prettiness and smiles. "Hi there!" she says, "Welcome to Ally's Action Adventure!"
[19:43] <@Kotono> El stirs in Gildas's hands, attention focusing dead onto the woman.
[19:43] <Feather> "What's this adventure all about?" Feather is all too happy to ask.
[19:44] <@John> "Hullo," John greets her, for once his usual shyness around pretty women not manifesting, given what happened to the last two pretty women he saw.
[19:44] <Gildas> He glances down at El, then at the woman. "Huh, so the conjuration can even manage something like that...?" He says quietly to himself.
[19:45] <@Kotono> "It is time," El speaks up, "John, we must undergo unison. Unison is the key here."
[19:45] <@Kotono> "Hi," The woman begins, "It's all about a death defying-cute kid," she stops, "Hi there, kiddo!" she smiles and waves to him, "Could you not interrupt me? It's rude."
[19:46] <@John> "Leave me alone, I don't want to," John protests, taking a few steps away from Gil and El.
[19:48] <@Kotono> "There is no choice. The only choice is unison. It is time to fulfill the will of the Watch. The unclean must be eliminated." El recites, as the woman's face turns quizzical.
[19:48] <@Kotono> "Huh?" she says, "Yeah, okay, kiddo. Ahem!" Clearing her throat, "This adventure is a rousing game of fend off the goblin! Can you hold off the goblin hordes and save Queen Ally?"
[19:49] * @John decides to ignore El. "Just ignore him, he's weird," he assures the woman. "Fending off goblins sounds fun, though!"
[19:50] <Feather> "Are they real goblins? Or people dressed as goblins?" Feather asks. "Just in case, y'know, we fend them off too hard." Like John, he ignores El or any desire to throw awkward glances his way.
[19:51] <@Kotono> "They're tricks, don't worry about hurting them," The woman says cheerfully, "Five gold per person that goes in. Or animal." A glance at Fang, "Nice dog."
[19:52] <@John> "He's not ours, he's just been following us around," John says, still unsure about bringing a wolf back to a farm full of children. Though he hasn't eaten El, to his credit. "I'll have a go, though," he fishes out another five gold and hands it over.
[19:52] <Feather> "Sounds like fun. I'm in," Feather says, paying for his share.
[19:53] <@Kotono> "Me too," Myann says, passing over the gold.
[19:53] <Gildas> Gildas will hand over 10 gold.
[19:56] <@John> OOC: everyone but Fang looks like. Unless Gil is paying for Fang and leaving El behind? 'Cause that'd be swell.

Ebiris

[18:12] <Gildas> OOC: I was just going to carry him in to avoid any other issues, but I don't mind paying for Fang too if we don't want to leave him outside.
[18:13] <@John> OOC: I'm sure Fang will prefer to sit around than get mobbed by goblins. I'll tell him to stay.
[18:14] <Gildas> OOC: Okily dokily
[18:15] <@Koaway> Thus the party minus Fang goes in. When you step in, there's a moment where it feels like you're free-falling. You stand in a field and then everything blurs. You stand in a town and then everything blurs. You stand atop the ocean and everything blurs. You stand in a field of flashing purple and everything blurs. You stand in the forest and everything blurs. You stand in an endless expanse of
[18:15] <@Koaway> crystal and everything blurs. You stand in in front of a throne in a castle throne room. You have plenty of space to the sides, and 50ft away is a big, thick wood door. It's being pounded on, shaking with it. On the throne sits a beautiful princess, who calls, "Heroes! Save me from the goblins! They're coming!"
[18:16] <@Koaway> El quickly kicks out of Gildas's grasp, landing in a kneel. He looks around quickly, eyes constantly moving.
[18:17] * Feather grabs his bow as he comes to stand before the throne!
[18:17] <@Koaway> Myann draws her blade, silently taking position in front of the throne.
[18:18] * @John readies his staff and stands well away from El, lest he try any sneaky unisoning while he's distracted.
[18:18] <Gildas> He looks down at El. "So this woke you up...?" He figures there must be more to this if it's grapsed his attention.
[18:22] <@Koaway> El doesn't reply -  he only glares ahead at the door, fixating on it. A moment later, it bursts open! Goblins are rushing into the room by the dozens, little green bastards with blades and arrows! They're onrushing en masse! "Hold the tide back! Hurt enough of them and they'll fall back!" The princess cries, "Save me!" OOC: Init here.
[18:22] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+2 Myann
[18:22] <Rei-chan> Koaway rolled : 1d20+2 Myann --> [ 1d20=1 ]{3}
[18:22] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+4 El
[18:22] <Rei-chan> Koaway rolled : 1d20+4 El --> [ 1d20=5 ]{9}
[18:22] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+2 goblin horde
[18:22] <Rei-chan> Koaway rolled : 1d20+2 goblin horde --> [ 1d20=14 ]{16}
[18:22] <Feather> roll 1d20+3
[18:22] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{20}
[18:23] * Koaway changes topic to 'Feather(20)>Goblin Horde(16)>El(9)>MyannMikoess(3)'
[18:23] <@John> roll 1d20+3
[18:23] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{9}
[18:23] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[18:23] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{13}
[18:23] * Koaway changes topic to 'Feather(20)>Goblin Horde(16)>Gildas(13)>El=John(9)>MyannMikoess(3)'
[18:23] <@Koaway> OOC: Go Feather.
[18:23] * Feather rushes to meet the horde halfway, trusting in Myann to guard the throne!
[18:23] <@Koaway> "Kyaaah! Keep them back!" The princess cries, "Save me!"
[18:24] <Feather> roll 1d20+10 moving 20ft, shooting!
[18:24] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+10 moving 20ft, shooting! --> [ 1d20=13 ]{23}
[18:24] <@Koaway> OOC: Hit.
[18:24] <Feather> roll 1d8+4+4d6+1d6 last is cold
[18:24] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d8+4+4d6+1d6 last is cold --> [ 1d8=1 4d6=14 1d6=5 ]{24}
[18:26] <@Koaway> Feather charges in, an arrow flying into the goblins! Two goblins are impaled by it, carried into each other by it! They're frozen solid and skewered, keeling over dead! Got 'em! The rest of the horde is momentarily knocked back, but the rest spill over onto Feather!
[18:26] <@Koaway> roll 8#1d12+4
[18:26] <Rei-chan> Koaway rolled : 8#1d12+4 --> [ 1d12=1 ]{5}, [ 1d12=6 ]{10}, [ 1d12=8 ]{12}, [ 1d12=11 ]{15}, [ 1d12=4 ]{8}, [ 1d12=10 ]{14}, [ 1d12=5 ]{9}, [ 1d12=1 ]{5}
[18:26] <@Koaway> OOC: AC?
[18:26] <@Koaway> OOC: strike, wrong die.
[18:27] <@Koaway> roll 8#1d20+4
[18:27] <Rei-chan> Koaway rolled : 8#1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{11}, [ 1d20=1 ]{5}, [ 1d20=15 ]{19}, [ 1d20=6 ]{10}, [ 1d20=15 ]{19}, [ 1d20=12 ]{16}, [ 1d20=14 ]{18}, [ 1d20=4 ]{8}
[18:27] <@Koaway> OOC: AC?
[18:27] <Feather> OOC: AC26
[18:27] <@Koaway> Feather is pushed back and surrounded, but he stems the tide by dodging them all! It leaves the goblins out of position, staring in gaping shock at his evasion skills! OOC: Gildas.
[18:28] <Gildas> Gildas shapeshifts and moves in to take a few swipes at the goblins attacking Feather with his paws!
[18:29] <Gildas> roll 1d20+14
[18:29] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{27}
[18:29] <Gildas> roll 1d20+9
[18:29] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+9 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{28}
[18:29] <@Koaway> OOC: Bot hit.
[18:29] * Koaway is now known as Kotono
[18:29] <Gildas> roll 4d8+20+2d6 last is cold
[18:29] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 4d8+20+2d6 last is cold --> [ 4d8=22 2d6=10 ]{52}
[18:33] <@Kotono> Gildas bounds in, claws slicing goblins apart by the two and threes! He shreds the ones behind and to Feather's sides with ease, clearing his flank as a half dozen of the vermin are sent to the embrace of death. The rest of the horde is knocked back away again briefly, reeling from such destruction! OOC: El and John. Go you two.
[18:33] <@Kotono> El's head is surrounded by a blue corona of ectoplasm, his body lifting off the ground as he goes rigid. Above the goblins an array of sharp crystal shards appears, raining down on them.
[18:33] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4 ref
[18:33] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+4 ref --> [ 1d20=9 ]{13}
[18:34] <@Kotono> roll 5d4+5
[18:34] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 5d4+5 --> [ 5d4=13 ]{18}
[18:34] * @John moves up behind Gildas and Feather to sweep up any goblins that get past those two as a last line of defence! OOC: readied action to attack any that come right at me, with AoOs for the rest!
[18:34] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[18:34] <@Kotono> As John positions, several goblins get crystals in the head and face. A couple keel over dead, while others scream about lost eyes and ruined faces. They again stumble back as Myann begins to chant.
[18:34] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[18:34] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=30 ]{30}
[18:35] <@Kotono> She steps back just in front of the Princess, a red and orange mushroom appearing over her. Her clothing turns red and w hite, flames dancing around her hands. OOC: Okay, fire mushroomed up. Feather.
[18:36] * Feather dances around the thinned-down horde, shooting at the remaining goblins from what amounts to point-blank range!
[18:36] <Feather> roll 1d20+10
[18:36] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+10 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{17}
[18:36] <Feather> roll 1d20+5
[18:36] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{9}
[18:37] <Feather> OOC: 5ft stepping, if I can't avoid them altogether I'll eat an AoO
[18:39] <@Kotono> OOC: You can, they're pretty decimated already.
[18:39] <@Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[18:39] <@Kotono> OOC: One hit.
[18:39] <Feather> roll 1d8+4+1d6
[18:39] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d8+4+1d6 --> [ 1d8=1 1d6=4 ]{9}
[18:41] <@Kotono> Another goblin gets an arrow in the throat, falling over in a bloody mess! The remaining ones back up to the door, reeling and firing off arrows at Feather and Gildas!
[18:42] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Feather
[18:42] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 Feather --> [ 1d20=16 ]{18}
[18:42] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Gildas
[18:42] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 Gildas --> [ 1d20=16 ]{18}
[18:42] <@Kotono> OOC: ACs?
[18:42] <Feather> OOC: 22
[18:42] <Gildas> OOC: 22
[18:44] <@Kotono> But both block the arrows, stopping them cold! OOC: Gildas.
[18:44] <Gildas> Gildas moves toward to take some more swipes at the foul goblin horde!
[18:44] <Gildas> roll 1d20+14
[18:45] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{22}
[18:45] <Gildas> roll 1d20+9
[18:45] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+9 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{26}
[18:46] <@Kotono> OOC: That also be a hit of pain.
[18:46] <Gildas> roll 4d8+20+2d6 last is cold
[18:46] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 4d8+20+2d6 last is cold --> [ 4d8=20 2d6=8 ]{48}
[18:49] <@Kotono> The rest of the goblins barely have a chance to react before they're trot underfoot of Gildas's claws! They're shredded to the last! "Wow," The princess mutters, momentarily flummoxed. "Ahem! Brave knights! Never have I seen such overwhelming and unfair skill in martial arms! Those goblins were naught but sheep to the slaughter before you! Truly you are skilled killers of the highest caliber
[18:49] <@Kotono> and the mightiest magic!"
[18:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Free act.
[18:50] * @John scratches the back of his head, not really deserving of any praise himself. "Figured there'd be more."
[18:50] * Feather snorts. "Just holding them back? Why do that when we can just get rid of them?"
[18:53] <@Kotono> Myann idly tosses a globe of fire hadn to hand after sheathing her sword. "The mindants and the lizards are worse," she opines.
[18:53] <Gildas> Gildas shapeshifts back and turns to the princess. Or so-called princess. "What is it that they hope to accomplish by coming here?"
[18:53] <@Kotono> "The unclean have been eliminated," El intones, "There are still more unclean to eliminate." His gaze turns to the princess, fixiating on her.
[18:54] <@Kotono> "Never mind that, champions!" Behind you, next to the door, a flashing treasure chest rises up. "Take your reward with my blessings and go!"
[18:54] <@John> "Stop talking like that, it's not nice," John says, even his famed good nature near its limits with El's constant desire to eliminate and unison.
[18:54] <Feather> "Sure thing!" Feather agrees, heading for the treasure chest.
[18:55] <Gildas> "Another psionic...?" He questions openly, but he follows Feather. "If the conjuration is powerful enough to create something like that..."
[18:56] <@Kotono> El turns to John, "We will eliminate the unclean one here," he says, "Then seek out the other unclean and eliminate them."
[18:56] <@John> "No we won't, nobody's eliminating anyone!"
[18:57] <@Kotono> The chest opens easily enough. Within lies a longsword in a dark purple sheathe, decorated with gold threat.
[18:57] <@Kotono> *thread
[18:57] <Gildas> "I'm not sure this one is real." He says as he looks over at El. "I think it'd be a waste of time." It was the truth, as well as an attempt to avoid any more... problems.
[18:58] * Feather picks the sword up and admires it, trusting in John and Gildas somehow taking care of the crazy kid.
[18:58] <@Kotono> OOC: Sword added to carnival loot.
[18:59] <@Kotono> El gives both Gildas and John a long look, but he finally nods sharply to Gildas. "Fakery is part of the unclean. The unclean are unreal."
[19:00] <@Kotono> Myann watches all this byplay with her arms crossed, the Princess just staring. "Ahem," Myann clears her throat, "How about we talk about this outside?"
[19:00] <@John> "Sorry about the boy," John apologises to the princess. "He's pretty touched in the head."
[19:01] <Gildas> "Yes, let's." He nods to Myann and starts out, making sure El is coming, or he's carrying him, if need be.
[19:05] <@Kotono> El follows without difficulty. On walking out everything blurs. You stand in a snowscape and everything blurs. You stand on a ship and everything blurs. You walk out of Ally's Action Adventure, "Wow," she calls, "You came back and so quickly! Congratulations!"
[19:06] <Gildas> He tilts his head to the side at everything blurring. "Is the magic starting to fade, I wonder...?"
[19:06] <Feather> "Thanks!" Feather responds, glancing down at his hands to check that he still holds onto the sword. "It was pretty nice to have a fight like that for a change!"
[19:06] <@John> "You should see these two when they go nuts, nothing gets to stand up for long," Jiohn says, gesturing at Feather and Gildas.
[19:07] <@Kotono> Feather does hold the sword.
[19:08] <Feather> Rubbing the back of his head, Feather busies himself by stowing the sword away before asking Ally, "How did you learn how to do all this?"
[19:08] <Gildas> He smiles a bit. "You get used to it after a while." In response to John.
[19:08] <@Kotono> "Oh, I picked it up herea nd there," she says, "So hey," she says, "Why don't you give the Death Riser a try? I think if anyone can win it, it's all of you."
[19:09] <Feather> "What's that all about?"
[19:09] <@Kotono> You stand in a desert and everything blurs. You stand before Ally again. "It's the ultimate trial," she says,
[19:09] <@Kotono> OOC: Gah.
[19:10] <@Kotono> You stand in a desert and everything blurs. You stand before Ally again. "It's the ultimate trial," she says, "True heroes can find the greatest treasure-" Everything around you blurs. You stand in a moonlit field and everything blurs. "-of all."
[19:10] <@Kotono> OOC: Gah.
[19:10] <@Kotono> You stand in a desert and everything blurs. You stand before Ally again. "It's the ultimate trial," she says, "True heroes can find the greatest treasure-" Everything around you blurs. You stand in a moonlit field and everything blurs. "-of all." You're before Ally again, "So I think you should try."
[19:11] <Feather> "Sure. It's not the one where we hafta fight ghosts, is it?"
[19:11] <@John> "Uh... what's with the scenery changing all the time?" John asks. "It wasn't doing that before the goblin fight."
[19:12] <Gildas> He stays quiet for the time being.
[19:13] <@Kotono> "It means you-" Ally begins and everything blurs. You stand in a painful flashing field of red, eyes seared as everything blurs. "-should go before-" Ally and then everything blurs. You stand in a forest of mushrooms, a bevy of dazzling questions and statements around you before everything blurs. "-it's too late." Once again before Ally.
[19:13] <@Kotono> El looks about, "Fakery breaks down. But it is not unclean fakery," he finally says, returning to Gildas and tugging at the hem of the druid's tunic.
[19:13] <@John> "How do we get out?" John asks more urgently, not liking the sound of this. Is it because they killed the maids?
[19:14] <Gildas> He leans down and lifts El up. "The conjuration spell that created all of this is probably running out. Let's go to where she said to go, that's probably the way out."
[19:14] <@Kotono> Ally looks older now. An old woman weathered beyond years, a sad smile on her face. "Things haven't been working right here. Breaking down. Breaking down." She shakes her head, hair little more than strung-together dust. "A guest that needs this much power to kill is too much."
[19:16] <Feather> "So how about we leave, then?" Feather suggests. "Just back out that way we came?"
[19:16] <@John> "Is... is there anything we can do to help?" John asks, feeling sorry for the suddenly old woman.
[19:17] <@Kotono> "No. The Death Riser. The prize is your lives," Ally answers, arms crumbling away into meaty dust. "The man who has thos othalux now has misused it, not maintained it." She pauses, "Throw him in the box and leave it to sit. That will save me."
[19:17] <@Kotono> *the
[19:18] <Feather> "No time to waste, then!" Feather exclaims, rushing out to look for this Death Riser.
[19:18] <@John> "Okay... okay, we'll do that," John says, wincing at her arms crumbling away and starting to back out of Ally's Adventure, looking around to get his bearings before running after Feather. "C'mon Fang!" he calls for the wolf so it doesn't get left behind.
[19:19] <@Kotono> The Death Riser is the giant pole and sphere. As you look around, the woman turns her head towards it. "Get in and brace. If you're really so strong, you can survive."
[19:19] <@Kotono> Fang perks up and follows John.
[19:19] <Gildas> Gildas follows along, carrying El.
[19:20] * Feather gets a bit of insurance as he makes his way inside, calling upon those remnants of fey magic to bolster himself!
[19:20] * @John gets in, going for a corner where he can keep Fang secure against his legs.
[19:21] <@Kotono> Everything blurs. You stand in a sea staind by weeping tears of blood and everything blurs. A burning city crashes to the ground and everything blurs. You stand before the Death Riser. Around it lie weathered skeletons and weeping, transparent ghosts. They reach out at you, harmlessly passing through you like nothing at all. The side of the metal sphere has a door to open.
[19:21] * Feather opens the door and holds it for everyone, intending to be the last one in.
[19:22] <@Kotono> Myann hurries in and murmurs, "Othalux..." to herself, going in and bracing. Inside is nothing but sphere - nothing really to hold onto, unfortunately.
[19:23] <Gildas> Gildas steps in as well! "...Name you recognize?" He asks, glancing about with a frown.
[19:23] <@Kotono> "I'm committing it to memory for another time," Myann replies as everyone gets in.
[19:23] <@John> "Fang, come here," John says, calling for the wolf to settle between his knees, keeping them tight so Fang won't get knocked about too much. As for himself, he braces his hands against the ceiling and plants his feet firmly down.
[19:23] <Gildas> He nods.
[19:23] * Feather closes the door behind him and then takes Myann's hand as he waits for something to happen.
[19:24] <@Kotono> Once everyone is in and the door is closed, the sphere jets up! The pressure is tremendous as it rises incredibly fast! OOC: Balance checks, y'all. Any bonuses due to stability or otherwise being hard to bullrush or knock over applies.
[19:25] <@Kotono> OOC: And they rolled that into acrobatics, didn't they?
[19:25] <Feather> roll 1d20+13 acrobatics
[19:25] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+13 acrobatics --> [ 1d20=20 ]{33}
[19:25] <@Kotono> OOC: Yeah, acrobatics then.
[19:25] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[19:25] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{25}
[19:25] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[19:25] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{26}
[19:25] <@Kotono> OOC: That was Myann.
[19:25] <Gildas> OOC: If I need to take a penalty for holding onto El I will
[19:25] <@John> roll 1d20+13
[19:25] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{17}
[19:25] <@Kotono> OOC: -2, yes. Noted.
[19:26] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 fang
[19:26] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 fang --> [ 1d20=2 ]{4}
[19:26] <@Kotono> OOC: Modified for being kneed by John.
[19:26] <@Kotono> OOC: So I'll bear that in mind.
[19:27] <@Kotono> You get up ferociously fast! The gravity is intense, the party barely able to stay standing! You feel like it's trying to peel the skin from the head down, but you stand firm! Then you're up and flying about wildly, the forest all about you as you go rocketing up into the canopy, no sphere to be found as you fly wildly! OOC: React, y'all. I'll give appropriate skill checks based on that.
[19:28] <Gildas> "I don't think any of this is real, but..." He takes a look around, oddly calm, but of course, he can fly, so...
[19:29] <Feather> "Hurry up, become a bird!" Feather calls out the obvious to Myann, feeling secure enough with a drop even from such a height.
[19:29] <@John> "Uwaaaaahhh!" John cries out as his stomach rises up into his throat, limbs splaying out as he hits freefall. Forcing his arms inward, he grabs onto Fang so that once any ground reappears he'll roll to take the impact. Which he wouldn't have to do if Fang was a cat!
[19:29] <@Kotono> OOC: You don't have much time, so looking around will eat up your opportunity to do anything. You okay with that, Gildas?
[19:30] <Gildas> OOC: Sure.
[19:30] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+11 acrobatics Myann
[19:30] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 acrobatics Myann --> [ 1d20=1 ]{12}
[19:30] <@Kotono> OOC: Tumble check, John.
[19:31] <@John> roll 1d20+13
[19:31] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{31}
[19:34] <@Kotono> Gildas gets a chance to look. Hm. You're rocketing through the canopy as fast as you can g-URK! The party hits the top of the canopy! John is able to grab a branch with his legs, wrapping around it and spinning around and around! It leaves him tremendously dizzy but safe! Myann shifts to a bird but can't correct in time, hitting a branch as well. Her red and white motif vanishes as she rights
[19:34] <@Kotono> herself, starting to fly. Feather hits the brance HARD, his bracers stopping the psudeofall! Gildas takes a branch in the stomach, all the wind driven right out of him. (More)
[19:34] <@Kotono> roll 10d6 yeah, ow
[19:34] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 10d6 yeah, ow --> [ 10d6=31 ]{31}
[19:37] <@Kotono> The pain is rather sublime, making Gildas see dots all over his vision. Myann flies away as John spins with wolf in arm, Feather falling back towards the ground after impact. So is Gildas, all winded and with his ribs being more akin to fragments and bonedust now. OOC: You two are falling, in case you want to do anything about it.  It'll be easier now since you aren't doing the whole super fast
[19:37] <@Kotono> thing now, at least.
[19:39] <@John> Still holding Fang now with one arm wrapped around the wolf's body, John stretches an arm out to guide his fall down beside one of the trees and slow himself down a bit.
[19:40] <@John> OOC: strike, nevermind I see I'm not actually falling.
[19:40] <@Kotono> OOC: You aren't, no.
[19:40] <Gildas> OOC: I still have El, correct?
[19:41] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes.
[19:41] <Feather> Now that there's a bit of time to take stock of his situation and Myann doesn't seem to be in any real danger, Feather judges the distance down. If it's enough to tax even his bracers, then he'll just try to grab his grappling hook and pull himself over to a branch.
[19:41] <@Kotono> Feather can see the fall looks to be about 80ft or so, give or take 10ft. Withinhis bracer's ability to handle, notably.
[19:42] <Gildas> Gildas will shapeshift into his aerial form so he doesn't plummet! In addition, he'll try and grab El in a talon so he, likewise, doesn't plummet.
[19:42] <Feather> In that case, he just draws his sword since that asshole that tricked and tried to kill them might just be near!
[19:42] * @John just holds on right where he is, hoping the branch doesn't snap.
[19:45] <@Kotono> OOC: Make a dex check, Gildas.
[19:46] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[19:46] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{7}
[19:47] <@John> "Okay Fang, this is gonna be tricky," John says, trying to reshuffle his grip on the dog while looking down for any sturdy branches within say 30 feet below that he can jump to, and then one more from that, and then to the ground!
[19:48] <@Kotono> OOC: Acrobatics check John, I'll resolve this all at once.
[19:49] <@John> roll 1d20+13
[19:49] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{26}
[19:49] <@Kotono> With a stagger Myann flies downward, directing her flight below. Feather lands in a heap safely, springing right back up. Meanwhile Gildas shifts, but can't keep El in hand! He plummets down - only to slow and land safely, a corona of blue ectoplasm appearing around his body. A moment later John lands safely, leaping from branch to branch. Before the party is the man and his chest. The chest
[19:49] <@Kotono> has cracks in it now and the man is staring in shock.
[19:50] * Feather kicks the man in the head, and the shoves him into the chest.
[19:51] <@Kotono> OOC: Attack roll.
[19:51] * @John sets the no doubt dizzy Fang down while Feather dispenses forest justice.
[19:51] <Feather> roll 1d20+11
[19:51] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+11 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{14}
[19:52] <@Kotono> OOC: Hit. Damage.
[19:52] <Feather> roll 1d3+4+4d6
[19:52] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d3+4+4d6 --> [ 1d3=3 4d6=10 ]{17}
[19:56] <@Kotono> WHAM! The blow knocks the man down in a heap! He lands momentarily dazed, spitting out a tooth, "The fuck?!"
[19:56] <@Kotono> OOC: Init here since he's not going down lightly.
[19:56] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Myann
[19:56] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+2 Myann --> [ 1d20=12 ]{14}
[19:56] * Feather doesn't waste any time in shoving him in!
[19:56] <Feather> roll 1d20+4
[19:56] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{23}
[19:56] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 man
[19:56] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+5 man --> [ 1d20=5 ]{10}
[19:56] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[19:56] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{6}
[19:57] * Kotono changes topic to 'Feather(23)>Myann(14)>Man(10)>Gildas(6)'
[19:57] <@John> roll 1d20+3
[19:57] <Rei-chan> John rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{7}
[19:59] * Kotono changes topic to 'Feather(23)>Myann(14)>Man(10)>John(7)>Gildas(6)'
[19:59] <@Kotono> OOC: Go Feather.
[20:00] * Feather has been conserving his magic while at the carnival, but now is the time for him to call upon it! Hit boot makes contact with the back of the dazed man's head once more, the course sending him into the chest!
[20:01] <Feather> roll 1d20+11+20 CMB, quick cast true strike
[20:01] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+11+20 CMB, quick cast true strike --> [ 1d20=9 ]{40}
[20:02] <@Kotono> With a deft shove, the man goes tumbling into the chest! He plummets in! Abruptly the chest rises up, the cracks vanishing. It glows brighter and brighter, the man's head rising up. You see the flesh from it melt away like runny cream, leaving behind a ghostly image that howls as it's pulled within. Then the chest snaps closed like a coffin, going still, silent and non-glowly. OOC: Free act.
[20:03] <@John> "Well... that's that, then," John declares.
[20:03] <Feather> "Good fucking riddance," Feather mutters, casting detect magic to see if the chest is repairing itself. And to take a look at the prizes they brought back, at that.
[20:03] <@Kotono> Myann cocks her head to the side, "Did that thing just eat his spirit?" she asks aloud. She turns away, taking a few steps in the opposite direction. A series of coughs follow, Myann not turning back until they're done.
[20:06] <Feather> roll 3#1d20+12 chest, sword, plush
[20:06] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 3#1d20+12 chest, sword, plush --> [ 1d20=8 ]{20}, [ 1d20=10 ]{22}, [ 1d20=3 ]{15}
[20:06] <Feather> roll 1d20+10 K:R
[20:06] <Rei-chan> Feather rolled : 1d20+10 K:R --> [ 1d20=14 ]{24}
[20:07] <@Kotono> Feather can't figure out any of the items, but they're all magical. Thinking about it - yep, that was the man's soul being pulled out. It looks just like the stories did. Most likely the chest will be consuming it for all time, if all the tales are true.
[20:08] <Feather> Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! "Gildas," Feather calls out. "Can't make heads or tails outta this stuff. Wanna take a look yourself?"
[20:09] <@John> "So, we just leave the chest here to sit, right? Or should we take it home to make sure no one else disturbs it?" John wonders.
[20:09] <@Kotono> "We should do something about it. Gods above and below, we just fed his soul to a chest that tried to kill us," she remarks, covering her mouth with her hand.
[20:10] <Feather> "That woman there said the guy who tried to kill us was using it wrong?" Feather voices. "I dunno, I kinda believed her. So maybe if you use it right, it don't get people hurt?"
[20:11] <@John> "We did? Wow," John whistles, that not having dawned on him. "They all seemed nice in there, though. I mean, I slept through what happened with the maids, but everyone else was fine. Cheating aside, but what do you expect from a carnival?"
[20:11] <@Kotono> This draws a snicker from Myann, "Maybe." she admits, before grimacing and sighing. "Make up your minds either way. Does anyone need a healing spell?"
[20:11] <Gildas> He nods, taking out a wand and casting Detect Magic with it!
[20:12] <Feather> "I was gonna take it along even before John made me realize it could be dangerous to leave," Feather asserts. "Mind, if you all are opposed to it...."
[20:12] <Gildas> "We can't just leave it here." He responds.
[20:13] <@John> "Take it along and just leave it in a locked cupboard so none of the kids get to it?" John suggests.
[20:13] <Gildas> OOC: I'll just roll the same as Feather
[20:13] <Feather> "Looks like it's settled, then," Feather voices, trying to manuever the chest into his backpack without touching it directly with his hands.
[20:13] <@Kotono> OOC: Sure.
[20:13] <Gildas> roll 3#1d20+12 chest, sword, plush
[20:13] <Rei-chan> Gildas rolled : 3#1d20+12 chest, sword, plush --> [ 1d20=5 ]{17}, [ 1d20=4 ]{16}, [ 1d20=18 ]{30}
[20:14] <Gildas> "The chest had some sort of extremely powerful conjuration spell on it... or in it. I was analyzing it before we got sucked in the first time." He says as he goes over the items. "Beyond that, I was never able to decipher any more than that."
[20:14] <@Kotono> Gildas fiddles around - and figures out the plush at least. OOC: Post edited.
[20:15] <Gildas> "Hm." He looks at the plush closely... then nods. "It's animated with magic to be lifelike. If we... if it gets near fire, I think it might come alive."
[20:16] <@Kotono> OOC: So what are y'all gonna do here?
[20:16] <Gildas> "I think we should give the chest to someone who won't misuse it, maybe..." he ponders. "Who would be safe enough to leave it with?"
[20:16] <Feather> "Wanna try it here? The fire thing?"
[20:16] * Feather shakes his head. "Nah, let's just keep it with us till we know better."
[20:17] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "Certainly, let's try." He then nods to Myann. "I could use some, if you don't mind. I hit a branch a bit hard..."
[20:18] <@John> "Aren't we safe enough to leave it with?" John asks Gildas.
[20:18] <Feather> "Don't got no fire spells. We could go for a torch?"
[20:19] <@Kotono> roll 3#1d100
[20:19] <Gildas> "What if one of the kids opens it?" He responds. "It isn't that I don't think we're safe, but..."
[20:19] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 3#1d100 --> [ 1d100=34 ]{34}, [ 1d100=68 ]{68}, [ 1d100=48 ]{48}
[20:19] <@Kotono> roll 3d8+14
[20:19] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 3d8+14 --> [ 3d8=6 ]{20}
[20:19] <@Kotono> OOC: +1 to that healing. Also ew on those rolls.
[20:20] <Feather> "Should be safe enough at our house," Feather suggests. "And no more danger than if a kid broke in and cut himself on my sword, surely."
[20:20] <@Kotono> OOC: Ready to move on then, y'all.
[20:20] <@John> "Lock it up, like I said," John says. "I mean, we've started this by feeding that guy to it, we should see it through."
[20:20] <@John> OOC: sure
[20:20] <Feather> OOC: Does Myann want to set the plush on fire? I suggested.
[20:20] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes, but not right now. It's more of a home activity.
[20:20] <Feather> OOC: Then let's get back
[20:20] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:20] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=88 ]{88}
[20:20] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:20] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=25 ]{25}
[20:21] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:21] <Gildas> OOC: Sure, that's fine
[20:21] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=90 ]{90}
[20:21] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=67 ]{67}
[20:21] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=57 ]{57}
[20:22] <@Kotono> Fortune is with you. Besides some trips, a falling branch and a mild upswing of the runs, the party makes it back to the farm in good time. It's a cloudy morning - looks like another snowstorm is coming through. Myann stretches on seeing everything, "I want to go home and take a heated bath," Myann says.
[20:23] <@John> "I want a hot meal," John says his own wish.
[20:23] <Feather> "Sounds like a plan," Feather is all too happy to agree. "Gonna see the ants tomorrow?" he suggests to John, glancing at El.
[20:24] <Gildas> "Yes, we never did quite solve that particular mystery, did we?" He says. "We should go see what we can find."
[20:24] <@John> "Don't the ants try and kill everyone?"
[20:25] <Feather> "Kid seems pretty strong, I'm sure he could take them!"
[20:25] <Gildas> "I think we need to find more about why you're developing psionic ability." He says. "It might explain why El came in the first place."
[20:26] <@John> "Yeah, still not buying this psionic nonsense."
[20:26] <Feather> "Whatever it is, it'll keep till tomorrow. Coming?" Feather asks Myann.
[20:27] <Gildas> He shrugs slightly. "We'll figure it out."
[20:30] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, so what's your plan now?
[20:31] <Gildas> OOC: I suppose we're going to look for things to repair the armor...? And maybe try and get the plush near fire? I dunno, I'm still curious about learning more about the Stratum, so we may have to go visit some crazy nature people.
[20:31] <@John> OOC: find a way to get rid of El forever.
[20:35] <@Kotono> Soon enough everyone gathers at Feather's house. The plushie sits on the table of the living room, the fire holding the cold of a snowy evening at bay. "So how do we do this?" Myann asks, "A little fire or a lot of fire?"
[20:36] <Feather> "Lots of fire sounds right to me, so long as we keep it well away from everyone."
[20:36] <Gildas> He nods to them.
[20:38] <@Kotono> With a shrug, Myann takes it and goes to the fire, "So just toss it in?"
[20:38] <Gildas> "I'll feel bad if that simply destroys it, but I don't think it will." He responds.
[20:38] <Feather> "Best part was winning it for you, right? So worst case, it burns down?"
[20:41] <@Kotono> With that, it's tossed into the fire! It sits there, glowing red but unburning. After several moments it stands up and walks out, looking around. It pads over to the party, occasionally spitting out tiny little jets of flame that sputter out.
[20:41] <Feather> "Huh."
[20:42] <Gildas> "That's really adorable." he says with a smile.
[20:42] <@John> "Cute little thing," John observes.
[20:43] <@Kotono> It walks around back and forth, spitting fire for a good minute or so before going still.
[20:43] <@Kotono> Myann kneels down and scoops it up, "That is cute and inspired. It's like a miniature killer dragon!"
[20:43] <Feather> "No kidding! Gonna name it?"
[20:44] <Gildas> "Well, at least it can entertain the children." He says. OOC: It looks like a traditional dragon and not the snow one, correct?
[20:44] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes.
[20:44] <Gildas> OOC: Okay.
[20:44] <@Kotono> "When I think of a good name," Myann remarks, "Any ideas?"
[20:44] <Gildas> "Ally." He says with a nod. "Well, I guess we don't know if it's a boy or a girl dragon..."
[20:46] <@Kotono> "Ally," Myann nods, "Ally it is. Ally the fire breathing dragon toy!"
[20:47] * John is now known as Ebiris
[20:47] <Gildas> "We should see if we can get the sword identified by anyone, in case it's more than just a toy." He says with a nod. "Perhaps if we go beneath, we can speak with the kobolds about that."