News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

It is known

Started by Rukatin, June 19, 2014, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukatin

This will be the forum for knowledge about the setting, characters, and other information. It will be updated as we progress in the story.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Rukatin

Common Knowledge about Uxphon and the Ninth World:

In the Ninth World, the region in which most of the civilized world resides is know as The Steadfast. It contains many different kingdoms; some often at war with one another, but all of them owe allegiance to The Amber Pope and the Aeon Priests. The Steadfast stretches from The Cloud Crystal Fields in the north, The Corare Sea and The Sea of Secrets in the West, to the Antarctic wastes of The Southern wall, and finally, The Black Riage mountains, Tall peaks that stretch all the way North on the known map, and stop where the Southern wall begins. These Mountains serve as a border between The Steadfast, and the Vast region simply known as The Beyond.

Many cities dot the Black Riage, and in the North, where the Cloud Crystal Fields end, stretched between a vast canyon lies the City of Pipes: Uxphon.
It has been many, many years since the founders of the city found the massive network of pipes and turned it into something else (for better or for worse?). Since then, Uxphon has flourished. It serves as a center of commerce for the area as many travelers pass back and forth from The Steadfast and The Beyond, preferring the 'safety' of Uxphon to the dangerous unknown of the mountains.

Besides being almost made entirely out of pipes, which provide water, heating, and various other substances, The City of Pipes is unique in the fact that it is so far north that none of the nations in The Steadfast have claim over it. Rather, it is its own City-state, governed by the Seven founding families and not bound by the laws of The Amber Pope. This has lead Uxphon to be a major center of Slave trade into The Beyond (and a few private buyers from The Steadfast).

But many mysteries surround the city itself, for the 'city' lies only in the top and several other layers. But the deeper you go, eventually you'll find Uxphon's under city, where you'll find criminals, abhumans, visitants and...things that would prefer to remain unseen. And deeper still, only the brave or foolish would go, as the danger of getting lost in a maze of pipes is all too real, and the rumors of hidden creatures waiting to strike venture into the realm of plausibility.... To this date, no-one has claimed to have reached the bottom of the pipes, the bottom of the canyon. Many have tried, only never to be seen again. In the upper layers, there are many drunkards in the taverns who speculate what is down there. Treasure? Danger? Mysterious Numenera? All three? The source of the pipes? Nothing at all?

Welcome to Uxphon my friend, may you find what you are seeking.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."