"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

NEW GAME IDEAS!

Started by Anastasia, August 12, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 25, 2014, 05:48:37 PM
http://dndtools.eu/classes/cerebrex/ <-- thoughts on this? (assuming psionics qualify). What I'd actually like to do is have my psion side continue while the other side of the gestalt (with a few warlock levels) goes into this thing on the back of my ability to manifest 3rd level powers.

I'm fine with psionics qualifying through magic/psionics transparency. The class is fine in any case.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 25, 2014, 05:51:54 PM
Which skills do we care about? Which are meaningless? Fly? Knowlege: Planes? How would concentration be handled, the PF way? Knowledge: Local?

There's going to be several knowledge skills banned from being taken at game start. This is due to the amnesia premise and are as follows: K:L, K:N&R, K:P and K:R. In the event you need one of them for a prerequisite, talk to me and we'll set up a substitution. Beyond that, I don't really care between 3.5 or Pathfinder skills. I find the difference largely irrelevant. So y'all can let me know which you'd prefer and we'll roll with that.

Behind the screen I'll keep using 3.5 skills since I'm used to them and the difference is negligible. It worked fine in Vastwoods.

QuoteHow about giving mages unlimited cantrips?

Would it matter? I mean, I can't recall a time that a group of characters have used all their cantrips in the first place. There's a couple of things that would need to be changed like cure minor wounds, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on August 25, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

As you're wearing medium armor made of mithral, it counts as light armor instead. So you have no arcane spell failure to worry about.

Does that include the maximum dexterity and armor check penalties as well?

EDIT: Also, the cost for the Badge of Valor is listed as 1200 on page 207 and then 1400 on 208. Which would you prefer I use?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on August 25, 2014, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 25, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

As you're wearing medium armor made of mithral, it counts as light armor instead. So you have no arcane spell failure to worry about.

Does that include the maximum dexterity and armor check penalties as well?

EDIT: Also, the cost for the Badge of Valor is listed as 1200 on page 207 and then 1400 on 208. Which would you prefer I use?

Anyway, it doesn't include those. Maximum dexterity and armor check penalties still apply.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

With the caveats that the Dexterity is increased by 2 and the penalty reduced by 3 per the SRD? So the Dex bonus is 4 and the penalty is -2?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on August 25, 2014, 11:48:31 PM
With the caveats that the Dexterity is increased by 2 and the penalty reduced by 3 per the SRD? So the Dex bonus is 4 and the penalty is -2?

Yep, that sounds right.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia link=topic=103184.msg1053027#msg1053027

Would it matter? I mean, I can't recall a time that a group of characters have used all their cantrips in the first place. There's a couple of things that would need to be changed like cure minor wounds, though.

I could grab something like acid splash and not bother with a crossbow. Plus I don't like to keep track of how many times I use Detect Magic and the like. I always find it stupid mages can't do the basic tricks they have as often as they can, it's not a new thing.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 26, 2014, 01:19:32 AM
Quote from: Anastasia link=topic=103184.msg1053027#msg1053027

I could grab something like acid splash and not bother with a crossbow. Plus I don't like to keep track of how many times I use Detect Magic and the like. I always find it stupid mages can't do the basic tricks they have as often as they can, it's not a new thing.

We'll do something like that, then. I need to sit down and go over cantrips first, in case there's anything else potentially bothersome like cure minor wounds.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Check that, I want to get Marshal to 4 anyway.

Corwin

Post more fluff and chargen stuff~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2014, 11:32:11 AM
Post more fluff and chargen stuff~

Working on it. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Serious mode a second here, I'm doing things, but there's a lot of prep for this game so it may take me some time.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Locking this. Questions should go to the bulletin board for now, and then the game board once I have that up.
<Afina> Forever.