News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Life sucks and this is why I'm missing a session

Started by Anastasia, August 29, 2014, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For those times you have to miss a session. Post here for all your awayness needs.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

This game will most likely kick off on October 1st, or the first day after that if we don't have Wednesday as a gaming day.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Next week just got into a bit of flux. My mom's supposed to go for surgery on Thursday, so it shouldn't cause any issue, but there's a chance we might have to take her in early for some last minute tests. So I may have to bail. Sort of an important thingy.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 25, 2014, 02:57:36 PM
Next week just got into a bit of flux. My mom's supposed to go for surgery on Thursday, so it shouldn't cause any issue, but there's a chance we might have to take her in early for some last minute tests. So I may have to bail. Sort of an important thingy.

No problem, we'll see how it goes. That's a danged good reason to miss a session!
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I will, in fact, probably be missing tomorrow. My mom's surgery got pushed to 1 pm on Wednesday. There's a chance I might be home in time for the surgery, but probably not.

Sorry guys.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 30, 2014, 01:54:58 PM
I will, in fact, probably be missing tomorrow. My mom's surgery got pushed to 1 pm on Wednesday. There's a chance I might be home in time for the surgery, but probably not.

Sorry guys.

Alright then, we're aiming for Thursday to be our start day now.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

So, possibly shittier news. Docs just talked to my mom. Apparently there are two ways to do the surgery; a small cut or a big 'un. If they do the big one, she'll have to stay overnight, which pretty much leaves me free on Thursday since she'll still be in the hospital.

If they do the small one, she comes home the same night, but I'll have to take her the following day, on Thursday, for a follow up appointment/inspection thingy. Which they're saying will be around 1:30-ish in the afternoon. =/

So, until her thing finishes, there's a 50/50 chance I won't be around Thursday either. Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-

Anastasia

We'll just see how it goes then. G'luck with your Mom.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Looks good for tomorrow. I should be around, but I might have to step away if she needs something. Friday I'll likely be gone, though.

Anastasia

Awesome. WE're on for today then, pending any problems.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Hate to do this again, but this Thursday I'm going to have to be absent. At least I can give better notice this time.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on October 06, 2014, 11:32:42 AM
Hate to do this again, but this Thursday I'm going to have to be absent. At least I can give better notice this time.

Duly noted, thanks for the heads up.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

It's looking like I'm going to be out of town the 16th-19th. Next Thursday through Sunday. My bro and I had a trip planned that got put off because of the surgery, but since she's mostly up and around, we're going to go forward with it.

We're supposed to be leaving Thursday afternoon, but we haven't pinned down a time yet, so there's a chance I might be around for at least part of a session.

Nephrite

I will be unavailable Monday the 20th.

EDIT: Small correction, I have an appointment at 3:15, so I could certainly make a session an hour and a half or so. Not sure how you want to handle it.

EDIT2: Actually, I could probably make it until about 3. So it's still up to you.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on October 13, 2014, 02:03:11 PM
I will be unavailable Monday the 20th.

EDIT: Small correction, I have an appointment at 3:15, so I could certainly make a session an hour and a half or so. Not sure how you want to handle it.

EDIT2: Actually, I could probably make it until about 3. So it's still up to you.

I'll make a decision at the end of the week, pending next week's work schedule. I sort of need to burn a day next week anyway.
<Afina> Forever.