News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Soulriders Gathering - 2015 (With Added Lightning)

Started by Dracos, December 31, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I'd assume we'd meet up either at hotel or my place. I'll send a PM with my phone/address to everyone when I get home.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Everyone should arrive and settle their 'where they will sleep' arrangements.  After that, attempt to call myself or Merc.  So likely at the hotel for meetup, but depending on timeline we might go grab food/game on while waiting.

I should be meeting Merc about 5:15-5:30 at the airport coming out of southwest.

Wyld I believe is planning to join the whole gathering :)  I'm assuming we are all there from friday evening onward. 

I don't know when Iddy is arriving in.
Well, Goodbye.

Bunnehwyld

I should probably pay attention to the forums. Sorry guys! ^^;

Here's a heads up on my end of the situation. I do live in Houston vicinity, on the north side though. I'll probably be staying at the hotel some of the time. May venture back home once or twice.

When it comes to gaming, most of what I have is covered by other people already. I don't have CAH, sadly, so i can't bring that. I CAN bring a few tabletop games - I have an ancient, dog-eared copy of Teenagers From Outer Space, and if I can find it, a copy of Paranoia laying around. Both make great one shot games. I could also bring the grimdark with Rogue trader, though the caveat there is I've never PLAYED that one before. (Never played Paranoia either, but the rules are a lot simpler and part of the point is that the players don't KNOW the rules...)

I'll see if I can pick up a swimsuit just in case. As far as other local entertainment, sounds like that's decently covered, but if you want me to hunt things down or do prep work just say the word!

Dracos

I will pack an extra two wii-motes, just in case.

Bring Paranoia.  It should be comical :3

Any party/4-player video games are welcome.
Well, Goodbye.

Bunnehwyld

Oh, I'll also bring some Butterbeer on the first night for everyone. The mall I work at opened a candy store that stocks it. :)

Merc

PM'ed contact info to the four of you.

Wyld: If you're over in the north side, is there any chance of you picking up Drac? He's arriving at the George Bush airport, so if you think you're coming by Friday afternoon/evening, might be easier for you to pick him up on the way to the west side of Houston.

If not possible, I can still pick him up, but I wouldn't say no to skipping out on driving on beltway 8 at that time of the day. =)

Bunnehwyld

Done and done!  I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the Beltway.

Bunnehwyld

Bad news, everyone - it seems Friend Computer decided my copy of Paranoia was communist propaganda. It's missing, and out of print, so no bringing that unless I get lucky and find it.

I was considering picking up the core set of the Net runner card game already to play with a local friend. Would this be interesting to anyone?

Merc

I'd be interested in playing Netrunner.

While I've not had interest in picking it up myself (own too many other card games/deck builders), it's something I've had interest in trying out at least.

Bunnehwyld

Update and question time!

I did pick up Netrunner, and I'll be bringing that. I rather enjoy some of the design choices they made with the starter box; I'll have to gibbering about that when we break it out.

As for the question. Would yall mind if I invited and/or brought a friend along for some of the days? I don't think he'd be around full time, but he might be a fun addition. Just don't want to drag him in without clearing it ^^;

Merc

I don't mind. And you can always drag him into the board and irc channel and make him a member too!

Dracos

Yarr, the more the merrier.  Game on for all those too poor to make random spot trips :)
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Just to check: drac + wyld have made plans to meet up at the airport, yes?

Also: Drac bring along the Peach Cake game if you can still fit it in. Its a nice pick up game and I can't find my own copy >_>

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on August 13, 2015, 03:54:40 PM
Just to check: drac + wyld have made plans to meet up at the airport, yes?

Also: Drac bring along the Peach Cake game if you can still fit it in. Its a nice pick up game and I can't find my own copy >_>

Sure I can.  Wasn't packing since I knew you had it, but it is indeed.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Already told Iddy, so this is more for Hal:

I'm going to be working until noon'ish. You both said you'd probably be getting here around 2pm, but just as an fyi, in case you end up getting here early.