"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[22:42] <Annerose> roll 1d20+8+5 K:H
[22:42] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+8+5 K:H --> [ 1d20=14 ]{27}

When was the coronation of Dynast George I?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

A few hundreds years ago, 22...4, if Annerose recalls. It was a fairly short reign, as he died in an accident soon after. Pure bad luck, his horse got spooked while riding down the streets of Misty Harbor and tossed him, and the Dynast landed just wrong and broke his neck.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Erad, we can handle staff experimentation here, since you have free time IC to work on it. What's your plan for experimenting on it?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Try various other elements and see if they combine with 'sword,' so 'cold sword,' 'acid sword,' and so on and so forth.

He'll also try words like 'shield' and 'barrier' to see if it does anything, so 'fire barrier' or 'fire shield' and so on.

He'll also try other weapon names, 'arrow,' 'staff' 'wand' and that sort of thing.

Anastasia

Okay, give me a list of terms in draconic that you're trying.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

These are all primary words: ixen gul uvelucal shochraos jedark ultro arcaniss ternesj thrae bensvelk malsvir ymmute rygat
These are all secondary words: caex fethos daguam siyanc vaex vaess bemin arcaniss kepesk kaden dos

He'll also try ioth irisv kepesk interchangably with the other words.

If he finds a combination that works, he'll try adding turalisj muansi sart ray line to them.

EDIT: I didn't notice but apparently there's not a draconic translation available for the following: electric (but lightning covers this) physical (force may cover this) and staff.

Anastasia

Experimenting, Erad finds the following combinations work.

Ixen caex - creates emerald flames that deal 8d6 fire damage to all creatures within 50ft of the wielder. DC 20 Reflex halves, SR applies, the caster level is 15th. Takes 15 hit points from Erad to cast.
Gul caex - creates a blast of cold that deals 8d6 cold damage to all creatures within 50ft of the wielder. DC 20 Fortitude halves, SR applies, the caster level is 15th. Takes 15 hit points from Erad to cast.
Uvelucal caex - creates a gush of acid that deals 8d6 acid damage to all creatures within 50ft of the wielder. DC 20 Reflex halves, SR applies, the caster level is 15th. Takes 15 hit points from Erad to cast.
Kepesk caex - creates a blast of lightning that deals 8d6 electricity damage to all creatures within 50ft of the wielder. DC 20 Fortitude halves, SR applies, the caster level is 15th. Takes 15 hit points from Erad to cast.
Ixen fethos - grants the wielder resistance to fire 30 for 1 hour. Caster level 15th. Takes 7 hit points from Erad to cast.
Gul fethos - grants the wielder resistance to cold 30 for 1 hour. Caster level 15th. Takes 7 hit points from Erad to cast.
Uvelucal fethos - grants the wielder resistance to acid 30 for 1 hour. Caster level 15th. Takes 7 hit points from Erad to cast.
Kepesk fethos - grants the wielder resistance to electricity 30 for 1 hour. Caster level 15th. Takes 7 hit points from Erad to cast.
Irisv kepesk - heals all creatures but the wielder within 50ft 2d8+15 hit points. Caster level 15th. Takes 30 hit points from Erad to cast.

Erad felt a sense of resistance when irisv kepesk was used. It felt almost sluggish to call up and left him far more drained than the other usages.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Does holding the staff the same way Graxy (his name is Graxy now) held it (at the bottom, pointed out) seem to do anything?

Anastasia

T reaches level 9!

- Swashbuckler 3 and Factotum 9.
- 6 on a d10 for a total of 10 hit points and a grand total of 89 hit points.
- +1 BAB For a total of +9.
- Gains insightful strike. That was the point of that dip and he's glad to have it, thanks.
- Gains a new spell for arcane dilettante. His current loadout is endure elements, shield, invisibility and fireball.
- +1 to Fort and Will saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains darkstalker as his level 9 feat. He wants this sooner or later, so may as well make it sooner.

Solid level for him.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Helena reaches level 9!

- Horizon walker 4 and yuki-onna 2.
- 5 on a d8 for a total of 8 hit points and a grand total of 79 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +8.
- A new terrain mastery. She grabs forest since she hasn't visited any of the others yet. That's woodland stride and her terrain mastery applying in forests.
- +1 Will saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Selects melee weapon mastery (piercing) as her level 9 feat. That's a +2 to hit and damage, which is rather nice.

Okay level. Not great but that feat's nice as anything.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rock reaches level 9!

- Troll 9 and draconic creature 1.
- 6 on a d8 for a total of 15 hit points and a grand total of 144 hit points.
- Gains wall of stone as a new spell-like ability.
- +1 Reflex and Will saves.
- Selects [REDACTED] as his level 9 feat. You'll see.

Good level if you include draconic creature.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Erad will take 10 and spend time searching the wagon to see if there's anything new. (Total is 25)

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 09:51:47 PM
Erad will take 10 and spend time searching the wagon to see if there's anything new. (Total is 25)

Erad gives the wagon a search, but he doesn't find anything new.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 08:41:51 PM
Does holding the staff the same way Graxy (his name is Graxy now) held it (at the bottom, pointed out) seem to do anything?

also this!

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 08:41:51 PM

also this!

Make an K:A check, Erad.
<Afina> Forever.