News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Treasure and loot

Started by Anastasia, May 04, 2015, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

I had intended to keep trying to figure it out and see what else it could do, yes.

Anastasia

Okay, head on over to misc and we'll sort it out there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on March 24, 2016, 06:47:35 PM
Erad would like to (at a later time) use the sword in his meditation for his Kensai abilities. Basically, his hope is that he can effectively consume the weapon, gain Holy for his fists, and then also gain the other dragon ability.

This will have to wait until Level 9, since he can't afford the Holy slot right now since he only has +2 enhancement to work with, and +1 is taken up by his regular bonus.

This of course also depends on if Bahamut is kosher with this particular idea, which he'll pray and meditate on in the future. I just wanted to post the intent anyway.

Posting since this is relevant now. He'd like to use the sword and consume it (if the value is enough) and see if he's able to gain the sword's properties per the Kensai class feature.

Anastasia

First of all, there's a matter of transporting all of this. The wagon has space and the horses can pull far more than they should be able to, but it's still a ton of stuff to haul back. T's take is this:

1. Use the chests (except for ones that have things that can't easily be transferred out, such as the allamay) for the coins. Platinum, gold and the odd ones first, then add as much of the silver ones as you can fit in. The copper coins can be left unless there's excess space at the end. Save one chest for all the little chest things (gems, iron/silver/gold/platinum trinkets) that are now chestless.
2. The weapons are nice, but the weapon racks aren't needed. They're space hogs that make a poor use of space. He's say just stack the weapons wherever you can fit them and save a lot of space. 10 gold per rack just isn't worth the trouble of moving them for T and the space trade off is really bad. Likewise, take the armor and leave the racks for the same reason.
3. Fragile art that's small enough to be carried should be carried on person and sold ASAP, even if it means taking less than full value. Things have a way of breaking, though admittedly Inari can mitigate that problem. The rest of the art should be taken.
4. Magic weapons/armor goes with the normal stuff.
5. Other magic items are stored in the wagon wherever, with extra care to all those potions.
6. With whatever space remains, add copper coins. If space somehow remains after that, add racks. The copper coins are a pain, but they're legal tender that's easier for T to deal with than a bunch of secondhand racks.

T isn't sure how far the space will go. It'll depend on loading all of it and setting it up. The party can carry some extra as well, which will help.

Finally, selling all of this will take time. While bits of it could be sold in villages, most of it will need to go to a big city. Allam's the closest and makes the most sense to go to, though local conditions may make it dicey. Thinking on it, T has to admit he likes the idea of taking the dragon's head after all. Give it to Knight Windor and tell him to shut the hell up or complain to Lord Househaven. Taking this much cargo and loot farther along presents logistical difficulties. Taking it further south to Luremdale could work, though it's a longer trip. T heartily recommends not taking it into the mountains.

Plus it makes you all a huge target for bandits and thieves if word gets out. Manageable, but still an annoyance you don't need right now. No, glibly saying that they're bringing you their treasure isn't going to fly, being a target going into Jacky boy's territory is unacceptable. It's just asking for something to go wrong. Also, if something does go wrong, do you want a bunch of filthy Aurilites getting your hard earned treasures?

Claims:

T: Strength wellspring. He'd also like the silver flask and shot glasses. He might keep the gold ingots or get them melted together into one larger ingot, but that's purely him condensing his wealth into easier to manage forms. He also may grab some of the holy/unholy symbols later.
Helena: Blue ice breastplate+2 is a gimme for her. She also wants the blue ice cutlass as a reserve weapon. She also notes it may be worth keeping the starmetal flail, since between that and the meteorite, the party has a decent quantity of it.  Maybe something can be done with it? Speaking of, maybe Erad could take the Charisma one?
Rock: Doesn't care, though Helena points otu feeding him some of those sources might help?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 08:17:01 PM
Erad would like to (at a later time) use the sword in his meditation for his Kensai abilities. Basically, his hope is that he can effectively consume the weapon, gain Holy for his fists, and then also gain the other dragon ability.

This will have to wait until Level 9, since he can't afford the Holy slot right now since he only has +2 enhancement to work with, and +1 is taken up by his regular bonus.

This of course also depends on if Bahamut is kosher with this particular idea, which he'll pray and meditate on in the future. I just wanted to post the intent anyway.

Posting since this is relevant now. He'd like to use the sword and consume it (if the value is enough) and see if he's able to gain the sword's properties per the Kensai class feature.

It is.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Maybe some of us can go back for the head and look for the sack, while the others load the wagon and make sure the kobolds don't return to loot?

We could probably load up the horses, too, at least with the copper coins.

Everyone should search the wagon since we leveled (I mean, killed an ancient dragon) and so it might have powered up as well.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick related note: You'll be at least a few days identifying, sorting and loading everything into the wagon.

T approves of loading the horses, so long as it doesn't slow them down any more than putting it on the wagon. Since it's magic horses he has no idea and he'll check it out.

Now that he thinks of it, T'll also search those hallways that are on the other side of the murder holes. Doing so got lost in the awe of finding the dragon's hoard but it's only prudent to check them out. He finds the following:

Lots of short bows and arrows, build for kobold-sized creatures
Oil flasks
Torches and tinder
Kobold slings
Kobold daggers
Abandoned kobold dens. There's food (T recommends not trying kobold cuisine) and all sorts of minor supplies.
18 gold, 42 silver and 194 copper.

T suggests taking the coins and leaving the rest, unless any of this looks good to any PC.

Edit: T will take a kobold dagger, purely as a memento.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 04, 2016, 10:18:42 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2016, 08:17:01 PM

It is.

Okay, then he'll spend the time while the looting is on to get this done. So he'll add Holy and see if he can also absorb whatever extra property the sword had.

Anastasia

There's something else there, but he's not strong enough to harness it. Yet.

Whatever it is is a +1 equivalent. When you get another level in kensai, you can choose to take this and find out what it is.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Nephrite

Erad will take the charisma booster thing and bump his score to 11.

EDIT: He's also fine with Rock eating the other ones. Hey, he could even use the Int and Wis ones himself!

Anastasia

Rock sniffs both of them and makes a face. "Why eat? Smell bad. Bad." Rock looks to them, while T quietly sighs and closes his eyes.

If any of you want to try and talk him into using them, feel free.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want to talk him into it. My main argument is that he eats everything, and how can he know it's bad without first trying to drink it properly?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Make an IC argument and post it.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Inari supports T's plan. All the bulky valuables can be stashed in the hidden rooms and we can just keep food and shit in the main body of the wagon. And it can keep there until we return to Misty Harbour or Warmfolk where it can be sold.