News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Erad, prologue

Started by Corwin, June 20, 2015, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:03] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, so what's your plan here? You heard Bahamut, went all DRAGON TRANSFORMATION YAAAAAAAH and are going to seek out the party to aid them, if I have it straight?
[20:05] <Erad> OOC: Yes, that's the long and short of it.
[20:05] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:05] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 90 > [d100=90]
[20:05] <@Kotono> roll 1d100 subtables
[20:05] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 37 > [d100=37]
[20:07] <@Kotono> Erad's journey leads him to Warmfolk. He's perhaps a few hours away from it, traveling the hot summer roads. The only mercy with the heat is that they isn't any rain - too much more and the crops might be in trouble. A concern of a past life, perhaps, as he heads along. You go over a slight hill. As you do, you see someone's sitting at the bottom, just off the road. An older man with a big
[20:07] <@Kotono> straw hat. His pack is nearby, resting on its side.
[20:09] <Erad> Hm. One of the elders who left and came back? Or another traveler? Either way, he'll at least go and greet them. He raises a hand... no, I suppose it's a claw now, isn't it? Either way, he raises it in greeting. "Hail."
[20:10] <@Kotono> The man looks up. He's sweaty and pasty, shaking visibly. He has a gray beard and his eyes are bloodshot. "H...hail."
[20:11] <Erad> "You look like you've run afoul of something." Erad says as he steps closer to inspect the man more closely. Is he someone from Ailan?
[20:11] <Erad> roll 1d20+10 Heal check to see if i can figure anything out besides he's tired
[20:11] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=1]
[20:12] <Erad> OOC: And a good start to a good character
[20:12] <@Kotono> No, the man is unknown to him. He tries to answer, but shudders instead and coughs. Blood splatters on the grass. Erad may not know much at the moment, but he knows that's a sign of something really wrong.
[20:14] <Erad> "...What's befallen you?" Erad says as he moves closer. He may not know what's wrong, but he has something that might help. Powers that he had long renounced because of his previous cowardice... but no longer. He will place a hand on the man to channel some positive energy into him. OOC: Using Lay on Hands for 5 healing.
[20:14] <@Kotono> The man shudders violently, coughing again - but without blood. His color improves, "Aaaah...what is this?" He asks in a hoarse voice that grows stronger as he speaks. "I haven't been right since I got kicked in the ribs."
[20:16] <Erad> Erad considers for a brief moment. "The light and wisdom of Bahamut." He seems satisfied with himself and nods. "Do you wish to speak of it? If you need to rest, there is a village not far from here."
[20:19] <@Kotono> "It was a damned horse," He rises, "I actually feel better now." Indeed, you can see color return to his cheeks. "It doesn't hurt ot breathe anymore, by goodness." The man pats his chest a few times, "Like I never got kicked."
[20:20] <Erad> He nods. "I am glad to have been able to bring relief." He turns and points in the direction of Ailan. "That way is Ailan if you wish to visit. They are still rebuilding, but could offer you some shelter from the weather."
[20:21] <@Kotono> "Thank you," He nods, "It sounds like a place for a night's rest." He puts his pack on, rustling in his side pouches. "How much do I owe you?"
[20:22] <Erad> "Nothing at all." Erad says. "Consider it a good deed done for one in need. Simply pass Bahamut's blessing to the next you find in need yourself."
[20:22] <@Kotono> "You're something else," He says quietly, nodding ot those words. "Bahamut, hm...?" He murmurs that to himself, nodding as he goes off.
[20:23] <Erad> Erad nods, watching to make sure the man continues on safely for some time, before he resumes his own journey.
[20:25] <@Kotono> The last dreges of the day are shining when Erad raches Warmfolk. In particular, stormclouds are rolling it. From the distant rumbles of thunder, it's about to get wet and wild. At least getting through the gates is simple enough and he's inside. OOC: Ball's in your court here, Erad.
[20:30] <Erad> Well, the people who saved Ailan were rather distinctive, so if they're in town he should be able to find them. But what if they aren't? ...Hm. Well, there's no sense in worrying about that, so he'll just look around Warmfolk first and listen in on any loud conversations, maybe someone will mention them.
[20:30] <@Kotono> OOC: I'll call this GI. Make a diplo check.
[20:30] <Erad> OOC: Oh, that's unfortunate.
[20:30] <Erad> roll 1d20-1
[20:30] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 10 > [d20=11]
[20:33] <@Kotono> No luck - at least not before the storm forces him inside. By chance, the first building to get out of the downpour is a simple shop. It's glasswear and the like, notable for the large glass show window it has. You can see and hear the pounding rain from it. No luck there, unless Erad wants glasswear. By the time the storm's over it's nearly nightfall. OOC: Goa head and roll again, that was a whiff.
[20:34] <Erad> roll 1d20-1
[20:34] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=18]
[20:39] <@Kotono> You wander in night's embrace. In time you come to a seaside tavern, pausing to get a drink and rest your weary feet. Down the bar are two sailors, chatting away. By chance you hear, "...trip. Especially what happened down there, strangest group. At least the one with fox ears was cute and the cold one was a knockout too."
[20:44] <Erad> Fox ears? Hm, the chances of it being anyone else is... Erad stands and goes to the sailors. "Apologies. I'm looking for the group, I think you're talking about. A fox-woman and another woman as well with them." He pauses with a frown.  "Used to have someone else."
[20:45] <@Kotono> The sailor turns, "Yeah, the guy looked all scaly?"
[20:46] <Erad> Erad simply nods. "Do you know if they're in town?"
[20:48] <@Kotono> "Maybe? They were on our ship 'till yesterday," He says with a shrug.
[20:50] <Erad> So they're probably still in town, then. "All right. Are there any gatherings or important events going on in this port tonight or tomorrow that you know of?"
[20:51] <@Kotono> "Nah, not relaly," he answers, "We're setting out tomororw anyway, Captain got a new job."
[20:53] <Erad> He nods again. "Thank you." He'll have to keep looking... But where could they be? Hmm...  Well, he won't find them by sitting still, so he will head out again. If he can't find them in an hour or two he'll have to try an inn and hope he gets lucky.
[20:55] <@Kotono> OOC: Diplo again.
[20:57] <Erad> roll 1d20-1
[20:57] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=20]
[21:09] <@Kotono> Wandering takes some time. But unfortunately, fatigue gnaws at him. It's been a long day, his feet seeking an inn. As he enters, there's a pretty blonde up front. Somewhere from 15 to 20, perhaps. Despite wearing a simple dress, her body seems lean and well toned. "Hi, welcome," she greets. "Can I get you a room or anything, sir?" She says that before stopping and staring a moment, before
[21:09] <@Kotono> tearing her eyes away.
[21:12] <Erad> "Perhaps. But I am looking for two individuals, perhaps you've seen them?" Erad asks. "A female fox-like woman and another that goes with her. Has a cold demeanor about her... but she's quite nice." He takes a breath. "I need to find them as soon as possible."
[21:13] <@Kotono> "I don't know. Do you know names?" the blonde asks, "Or what they look like?"
[21:15] <Erad> "Yes. Inari and Annerose." He will also give them the best description of the two of them that he's able.
[21:15] <@Kotono> "Oh!" The blonde startles at that, "I know an Annerose!"
[21:21] <Erad> "Do you know where she might be?" Erad asks.
[21:21] <Erad> He realizes, all of a sudden, with his demeanor, it may not be obvious why he's looking for them...
[21:23] <@Kotono> "She'll be back here in a few days."  The blonde says, hmming, "Otherwise, I don't know. She has business in the town."
[21:24] <Erad> "Do you know where, by any chance? If not, it is fine, I can wait." Erad says.
[21:26] <@Kotono> "I don't know, I'm afraid," she admits, "She'll coming back, though."
[21:28] <Erad> "All right." Erad nods. A few days, though...? "I will return." He's tired, but one more look around wouldn't hurt, would it?
[21:28] <Erad> Oh. He turns back to the woman. "At this hour, is there anything going on in town?"
[21:31] <@Kotono> "Not much except the taverns and entertainments," She says with a shrug, "There's a tavern down the street, George's Pub."
[21:32] <Erad> "What kind of entertainments?" Erad asks. It isn't something he'd normally partake in anymore, but...
[21:34] <@Kotono> "Oh, there's plays and dances, as well as debates and gaming halls. Plus what happens in the poor section of town - street gaming." The blonde says with a little frown, "But I hear it's dangerous down there, so you'd best stick to something in the nicer parts of town."
[21:36] <Erad> Hm. Dangerous? Maybe... "All right. I will wait here to see if she happens to return. Thank you." He can't just sit idle and wait, though... "Do you mind telling me if she mentioned any of the business she was going to handle?"
[21:39] <@Kotono> "No," A shake of her head, "Nothing like that."
[21:39] <Erad> "All right." He nods. He'll take a small walk around the general area before he returns to book a room, then.
[21:44] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[21:44] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 72 > [d100=72]
[21:45] <@Kotono> Thus the walk is without incident, and soon a tired Erad returns to the inn to rest.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake