News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

011: Roll out the welcome carpet

Started by Merc, July 25, 2015, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

[19:56] <Luther> [21:43] * Luther looks around the courtyard.
[19:56] <Luther> [21:44] <Luther> "Anything here worth doing or just go into the castle and look for our next companion, who will invariably die painfully in a pool of molten something?"
[19:56] <Luther> [21:44] <Kevamros> "Inside it is."
[19:56] <Luther> [21:44] * Kevamros heads towards the entrance!
[19:56] <Luther> [21:45] * Luther follows.
[19:56] <Luther> [21:48] <Kotono> Thus the party heads into the mists. Ahead they can see something in the courtyard. A...coffin? As they approach...OOC: Let's pause here so we can get Yuthed up next time.
[19:56] <Kotono> OOC: Act, y'all.

[19:57] <Luther> "What is it with the slaad and coffins? I'm going to assume that coffin will be holding our next companion, don't you think?"
[19:58] <Kevamros> "I think it's just trying to lull us into releasing a lich or something."
[20:00] <Pavel> The coffin makes muffled noises. It sounds angry.
[20:01] <Luther> "Well, it sounds angry enough to be one. Should we leave whatever it is locked in there just to see if it can free itself on its own?"
[20:01] * Kevamros shrugs.
[20:03] <Kotono> The coffine continues to stay in front of the party, the mists around gently swirling.
[20:04] * Luther knocks on the coffin.
[20:06] <Pavel> A pause. It knocks back.
[20:07] <Luther> "Who's there?"
[20:08] <Pavel> Muffled yelling.
[20:09] <Luther> "Did the slaad gag you in there?"
[20:10] <Pavel> Sounds of metal impacting the inside of the coffin emerge from within.
[20:11] <Kevamros> "If you're going to open it, then just do it before he, she, or it gets pissed."
[20:11] <Luther> "It sounds too late for that," Luther notes, inwardly cackling in amusement, but outwardly just speaking drily.
[20:13] * Luther knocks a few times for good measure before finally opening the coffin.
[20:14] <Kotono> The coffin is opened, revealing...OOC: Go ahead.
[20:16] * Pavel stumbles out, swinging a crowbar larger than himself. He is roughly two feet tall, skin the color of charcoal, and looks very unhappy. "...THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING FUCKER THAT FUckin...oh."
[20:17] * Kevamros raises an eyebrow at the... small thing... and inspects it.
[20:21] <Pavel> "Uhh. You didn't happen to see a big frog-thing stuffing people into boxes, did you?"
[20:21] <Kevamros> "Not that I can recall."
[20:24] * Pavel grumbles. "Well if you do, tell me. I've got WORDS."
[20:25] <Kevamros> "Alright. We've had two friends die so far, so I doubt you'll get that chance, but good luck."
[20:25] * Kevamros gives it a thumbs up.
[20:26] <Luther> "I've got words for him too, I want to know why he keeps stuffing you fellows into boxes in the first place."
[20:26] <Pavel> "AHA!" He points at Luther triumphantly, "THERE ARE OTHERS!"
[20:28] <Luther> "I did just say that, didn't I? And Kevamros here pointed out that they've died too."
[20:30] * Pavel clambers out of the box, dragging a backpack behind him that is comically large on his frame. "Yes, yes, and I'm sure they were wonderful people. They were, however, NOT ME!" He dusts himself off. "I am PAVEL! Where the hells are we?"
[20:34] <Luther> "Limbo, as best we know. The...big frog-thing, I suppose, took us into his dungeon, and we need to survive long enough to get out."
[20:37] <Pavel> "...THAT'S REALLY FUCKING RUDE!" Pavel erupts, abruptly once more furiously angry, "I WAS HAVING A NICE BIT OF SANDALWOOD TEA AT THE HEARTH AT THE LIBRARY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, BAM, IN A BOX, NOW A DUNGEON! FUCK THIS GUY!"
[20:37] <Kotono> As the party continues to chat (and vent), the mists ahead clear. You can see an entrance to the castle proper, high wooden doors ajar.
[20:38] <Kevamros> "That looks like a trap wrapped in an invitation."
[20:38] <Luther> "Well, last time we got out, we were returned to my castle, so I'm sure you'll be returned to this library and tea as soon as we finish this expedition."
[20:38] * Luther nods at Kevamros. "Perhaps, but just about everything is that."
[20:39] <Pavel> "Oh." He's calm again. "So we just have to kill everything then?"
[20:40] <Kevamros> "I guess."
[20:42] <Pavel> "Let's be on, then!"
[20:43] * Luther starts heading towards the castle entrance.
[20:43] * Pavel trots along.
[20:44] <Kotono> The party heads to the entrance. Within you can see the castle is full of statues of knights and ladies. They form a path going forward, the floor a tiled blue. Stairs with blue carpet ascend upwards.
[20:47] * Pavel looks about.
[20:48] <Pavel> rolll 1d20+18 searching for hidden nastiness
[20:48] <Myannbot> Pavel rolled 1d20+18 searching for hidden nastiness --> [ 1d20=5 ]{23}
[20:49] <Kotono> Pavel can note that the carpet looks strangely more solid than the stairs - which seems almost empty and illusory.
[20:49] <Pavel> "ILLUSIONS!" Pavel crows.
[20:49] <Kevamros> "Joy."
[20:51] * Luther uses Detect Magic and examines the statues, just to check if they might come alive and attack them or something.
[20:51] <Kotono> The statues radiate no magic.
[20:53] * Kevamros eyes the area, looking for anything interesting.
[20:54] <Kotono> OOC: Spot.
[20:57] <Luther> While Kevamros looks around, Luther starts going up the stairs, since the statues appear to be safe.
[20:57] <Pavel> "THE STAIRS ARE AN ILLUSION MAN!"
[20:58] <Kevamros> roll 1d20+14 Spot
[20:58] <Myannbot> Kevamros rolled 1d20+14 Spot --> [ 1d20=17 ]{31}
[20:58] <Kotono> Kev sees the same distortion as Pavel did. In addition, he notices there's a switch built into the back of the gate doors, right in reach if he merely looks to the back side of it. Easy to miss, though.
[21:00] * Kevamros reaches over and hits the switch.
[21:01] * Luther stops going up the stairs and goes, "Ah. Well, next time it helps if you point the illusion, not just that there are some, please."
[21:02] <Kotono> The switch is hit. The floor outside of the carpet vanishes, revealing sunken rivers of boiling lava. Fortunately, the carpet is intact and supports the party's weight without falling.
[21:03] <Kevamros> "Well. Fortunate footing."
[21:03] * Pavel blinks, then smiles. "Oho, this is nice."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.