News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

It's chilly in Heaven (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, November 17, 2015, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

So cold. It's what Moore realizes first. As he opens his eyes, he realizes his memories are a blur. As frosted over as the grass he lies on. Around him are vast mountains that rise higher than his eyes can follow. Everything feels like a blur to him, out of focus and yet wonderful. The sky is a shimmering white that reminds him of pearls, the air clean and full, despite the mountainous terrain.

As he gets his bearings, he sees there is a man sitting on a nearby rock. A youth, carrying a shepard's crook and watching Moore awaken.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore rubs at his eyes as he takes in his surroundings. He's heard stories of places like this... hasn't he? Maybe?

"Am I dead?" He calls out to the man.

Anastasia

The man cocks his head to the side, pursing his lips as he considers the question. "That is the normal way of coming here, but you yet draw breath."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore blinks, then smiles a little bit.

"Is that why you're here, or do you greet everyone?"

Anastasia

"I'm here because you are needed." The young man inclines his head to Moore, "What do you think of destiny?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It's a word that people both curse and praise, usually in the same breath." Moore says, without really thinking about it. "It's like luck, but people pin more importance on it." He continues.

He sits up, tests his wings out and flies over. "I'd introduce myself, but I have a feeling you already know who I am. May I ask your name?"

Anastasia

"Destiny is real. But tell me one thing: What is the purpose of destiny?" The young man asks. "As for myself, my name is not important." He smiles, a gesture at himself. "I tend to the animals here."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hm... is that because destiny says your name isn't important?" Moore asks. "Hm... the purpose?" Moore looks out across the field and then down at the ground. "I think that depends on the person... the individual. At the end of the day, there are people who think they make their own destiny, yet others who think destiny is something that shows them their own paths in life. I think... both views are correct. I think that destiny is simply another essence... something that can be used no matter what -- it takes on whatever form you want it to take on." Moore says, nodding to himself, as if he's satisfied with the answer.

"Still... wait, you tend to dead animals?" Moore blinks. Then he smiles. "Are they needed too, or did you just bring them with you?"

Anastasia

"I did not say there are dead animals." The youth chuckles, "But it doesn't matter. What is important is that someone is doing something horrible with destiny. Right now a war over destiny is being fought, to determine what it is and how it should be. Right now there are those who fight against the Duke of Destiny, who seeks to turn destiny into the same chains that bind all devils to Hell."

The young man puts his shepard's crook to rest against the rock, "This must not be. This cannot be."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"What do you think the purpose of destiny is?" Moore asks.

"But... well, if there's something I can do to help, no matter what it is, I want to do it. My memory's... a little fuzzy for some reason, but... I'm sure about this."

Anastasia

"To guide all to above," The shepard looks to the sky, "In the end."

"Good." The shepard gestures ahead, "Walk for a time, explore this place. You will find what you need ahead."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'll find your name next time then." Moore says with a nod. "I hope you don't mind if I fly instead of walk." Moore says as he turns and starts to fly along, away from the man.

Anastasia

Moore flies off and away. He finds this place to be a land of rounded, weathered slopes. The mountainside is well kept, with neat forests and terraced fields dotting the landscape. It is quiet and peaceful under the light of the sky. There is a sun but it seems faraway, some grand light that sparkles endlessly and with no sign of night.

In time, you come to a log cabin. It sits near one of those fields, a small mountain lake nearby. The smell of cooking food comes from it - something sweet, reminding you of apples. It also reminds you that you're rather suddenly and sharply hungry.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore takes in the sights and the sounds. He wonders, mostly aloud to himself, as there's no one around, "Where in the world am I?" He continues on, until he stops, sniffs a few times and then listens to the rumble of his stomach as he flies towards the cabin to get a better look!

OOC: Any kind of K check he could make to try and figure out where in the world he is or if he's heard of this place before?

Anastasia

K:P would suffice. Do you have ranks? If not but you have bardic lore or the like, you could try that as well.
<Afina> Forever.