News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

The pit (Muirfinn and Lief)

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2015, 12:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Darkness.

How long the two fall, they will never know. It is plunging without reason or light, an endless nightmare narrated by the cries of the damned. You land in pitch black darkness, not the faintest hint of light. You can see nothing, only hear your ragged breathing and the breathing of the other. The chains are gone, at last letting you go.

It's hot here and reeks of sulfur and acid. The air is thick and difficult to breathe, the foulness of it forcing itself deeper into your lungs with every breath. It makes you want to vomit, yet you cannot. The screams of the damned are distant now, a mere background to the oppressive, all consuming silence of this place.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[21:32] <Yuthirin> roll 1d20+23
[21:32] <Serith> Yuthirin roll for Serith < 37 >12 [d20=14]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

*is unsure where he's at but tries to take advantage of the darkness, for what it's worth, and hides, waiting and listening...*

> roll 1d20+62 Hide
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 72 > [d20=10]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Muirfinn can think of two reasons why he sees darkness.

1. There is absolutely nothing here. It is pure, absolute emptiness. Nothingness. You can't see something when there is nothing to see.

2. An epic spell of some sort. It would be plausible for one to overcome true seeing.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+54 Listen
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 70 > [d20=16]

Yuthirin

Before deciding whether or not to attempt the creation of light, Muirfinn quietly pats himself down to make sure that everything is present.

Anastasia

Everything seems to be in order on Muirfinn. No chains, either.

Lief can tell that the wailing of the damned is indeed far away. But closer he can hear laughter. It's coming from somewhere behind you. A distant chuckling. The sound of chains, steel rustling against steel.

Then: 'Welcome. Please wait just a little longer.' The voice of the Duke of Destiny, 'Your audience is imminent.'
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

*readies himself quietly, choosing his arrows wisely..*

Yuthirin

Muirfinn nods, as though expecting this, and reaches about carefully for Lief.

Anastasia

Lief is nearby, Muirfinn's hands finding him quickly.

Doing anything or just waiting? If you want to do something, by all means do so.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

*panics at the groping hands and tries to bat them away while taking to the air to escape them!*

Yuthirin

Muirfinn knows where Lief is now, though! Assuming they're not on the Astral anymore, he attempts to Plane Shift the two of them away!

Plane Shift (Water) again. Take 2!