The hunt for goldenfire (Afina and Jaela, later Surraruthru too)

Started by Anastasia, December 10, 2015, 04:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm going to start this one OOC since I want you two to explain your plan, party and everything. Go into some detail since it's been awhile on this thread, make sure we all have our ducks in a row.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Plan is to gather Arrel/Kascha/Mirajane and then go to Elysium/House of Nature and fly to the sun where we can make another attempt at that volcano dungeon that has the key to the first embers. After we get those I think we need to go to Thalassia?

Anastasia

Cool. Anything to add, Jaela?

This one won't get rolling until tonight or tomorrow due to prep issues. I talked to y'all privately about it so you're aware.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Other than using the golden bracers with Mirajane and seeing if she has any suggestions, I don't have anything to add to Eb's plan. Looks good. We'll improvise!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Alright. Post again if you want to add anything before I make your next post.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

As the party prepares, Jaela takes a chance to ask some long delayed questions.

Set yourself up for that commune, Jaela. Be it your own casting of it or having another cast it on your behalf.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

In the temple to the Triune, Jaela asks Mei to make sure they have reasonable privacy for the duration of the Commune spell while meditating to clear her mind. Once she feels the distractions and stresses of the situation fade away, she calls upon a Miracle to hear her deity's guidance on a few matters!

"My queen," Jaela speaks, asking of her patron, "it often seems as if beyond the understandable trauma of being Hell's prisoner, Baator's influence continues to chain her spirit. Can Ellese's unfortunate situation be seen that way?"

Anastasia

"Yes," The voice of the Triune echos all around you, a three-fold thing that consumes everything and overshadows all else. Mei is silent as always, merely watching from a position of prayer.

Keep track of your questions so I know how many you have left.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

She thought it might be like that, as she watched the chains lashing out at Baleruk's team earlier.

"Is it within my power at present to break them, perhaps by means of a quest I could go on with Ellese?" Jaela follows up on her first question.

Question 2/25 max

Anastasia

"Yes," The voice sounds again. It is three voices - one solemn, one joyous and one distant.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Smiling in relief, Jaela confirms, "Will Ellese and I know the next step if we meditate upon this together here?"

Question 3/25

Anastasia

"Maybe, her will matters," Is the answer you get. All three voices speak in perfect harmony, the cathedral around you fading. You stand in the endless white void, surrounded by the echoing voices of the Triune.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Of course it matters, though Jaela was taking it for granted that someone in the Crusade would want to break any influence have over them. Then again, actually asking, however awkward it would be, is probably the next step.

"I understand," she says. Something to pursue when both of them no longer have pressing matters to attend to. "Another question I had was about Medi's quarters, and the means to transform anyone to an outsider. Would using it on myself go against your will?"

Question 4/25

Anastasia

"No," They answer after a moment's pause, the light around you rippling like water. "It is your soul."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It sounds like no offense would be taken, which is a good thing. Still....

"Would such an act interfere with any plans you may have for me?"

Question 5/25