News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The second seal (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thanks to Balyss, the three of you teleport to Brightwater. When you appear before the golden city, you find no one else around. This teleport location is unusually empty, save for Sunstone.  Half a dozen panthers pace around the outer border of the teleportation area, eyes on Alurae. "Prisoner detail," Sunstone announces, "Hand her over, please."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore will move out of the way so that Alurae can be handed over!

Anastasia

She is taken and vanishes with Sunstone, who reappears several moments later.

"You fulfilled your side of things," Sunstone says, patting one of the panthers on the head, petting it. It stops and sits, purring loudly. "Fundraising for Aurora, was it? I want to know more about who I'll invest in. Who will the money be going to?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It will go directly to funding improvements to Aurora itself -- either through our defenses or new avenues for magical research. In particular, one of my current goals is to build a place of worship for those who follow Mount Celestia."

He turns to Balyss with a smile. "Selune has been graceful enough to allow those who do not follow her directly to use her facilities within Aurora, but I wish to do our part to allow those of all faiths to not feel left out. My first goal will be to build something for Celestia, then eventually Arborea and its deities, then from there add more so that all faiths can be equally respresented."

He turns back to Sunstone at this. "I know there are individual bonds between many planes, such as General Ithea, but this is less for any one person and for a greater good for all. I want us to be continually noted for welcoming all people who wish to do good, so to answer your question it would be for all of those who follow Aurora's path."

He's being honest, but this is a smidge flowery.

Anastasia

"Very well," Sunstone said, "Is there anything else to add?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Only that we are always continuing to reach out to new allies. If you or your patrons know of any, I would be happy to treat with them." Moore says with a smile.

Anastasia

"Would you prefer gold or markers of credit in Brightwater?" Sunstone asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore rubs his chin at that. "I think we can get whatever we need here in Brightwater and I would presume that's more valuable than just raw gold, at least here." He nods to himself. "Markers of credit would be fine."

Anastasia

Sunstone withdraws a scroll bound with a golden ribbon, "This writ is worth 50,000 gold. Open it and it will show you the balance. Any reputable merchant in Brightwater will accept this as money and be compensated for the purchases. Simply write the expense then have the merchant write it and the balance on the scroll will adjust."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods and bows. "Thank you for the generous gift. If you feel there's any way I can further benefit Brightwater or its citizens, please feel free to contact me or Aurora, I would be happy to help."

Anastasia

Nods all around, as...

Okay, anything else on this particular plotline and visit?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

No. Moore will hand the scroll over to Morniel and let him wheel and deal as necessary for a suitable place of worship. He'll just go back and take a day off since he's been running all over the place for the last few days.

Anastasia

Going to do anything in particular or just rest?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Rest and look around for anyone in need of anything. He doesn't have much on his agenda specifically -- there's the stuff about The Father he should probably start looking into, so if there's nothing else pressing he'll follow up on Muirfinn's notes.

Anastasia

Okay. That's a good time for a new topic, so let's move you along to it. This one's locked.
<Afina> Forever.