News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Jaela: getting stuff done (Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, September 29, 2016, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"I know you won't care about ideological arguments, but take some time to think your actions through afterwards," Jaela tells Hasan. "However much you're making off the odious practice of selling sapients, it can't possibly cover the ridiculous expenses of a ten mile radius dimensional travel interdiction, Alraz's golem or the massive shield around Fourfires. Speaking of Kassim, one of his weapons is probably enough in trade to pay for everyone here." Jaela waits for Dana, Mei and the Master to board the ships, before raising into the air with a flap of her wings. "You're definitely doing this wrong."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Am I?" Hasan says, expression neutral as the others board ships. "You do not understand our honor. When others take our gold, we prove our honor in being superior to them. When others need us to provide goods - even slaves - it proves our honor. When one must stand against all we have and be but a speck against an army, that proves our honor. Not piles of gold and mountains of treasure."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I suppose it works if the honor is in lording over those weaker than yourself," Jaela muses. "What a petty honor." She shakes her head, and floats backwards to the ship her allies are on. "I'm sure we'll meet again one day, Hasan of the Obsidian Triumph."

Anastasia

"We will. Mark that day," Hasan says, turning away as you fly off.

Plans?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I presume Mountainous Fire was okay with my request and gathered the diverted and crippled ships? With his help we'll keep a course to take us out of the 10 mile interdiction, and once I see the magic is gone I'll open a Gate with my remaining lvl9 spell perpendicular to the Aurora's gates and in close proximity. I presume the ships can all go through it/get pushed by Mountainous Fire. Then I'll thank him, promise we'll fight more shitty slavers and frosty dudes together and go on through myself.

Anastasia

Easily enough done. Do me a favor and count up the ships total you got?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Going back....

6 from the agreement, here. Top condition.
6 from the grand army battle, here. Two in working condition, four with broken rudders.
4 3 from the initial reinforcements, here. Master exploded one so the count goes from four down to three, and I broke a rudder on one and the helm on another. The last is in working condition.
1, our original ship, here. Working condition, and holds most of the looted stuff (mostly via our MVP, The Master)

16 total.

Anastasia

Okay, how are you going to get the damaged ones through?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

My desire is to have Mountainous Fire push them through the Gate. They are all still able to float, and it's a safe plane so it's okay if they fly a short distance on inertia before stopping, we can use the intact ships afterwards to tow them back if it's that hard.

Anastasia

Like this your ships return to Elysium, full of rescued slaves and glory. The warmth of Elysium washes away the stink of Fire, as you stand before Aurora, victorious.

Time for wrapup. Plans here with all of it?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dana to spread the news across all of our bars, Mei to help care for the slaves in Aurora (the Triune's temple can help most, and I'll have Priest take the worst hit to the infirmary). Elena will be asked to keep an eye on things in case someone tried to sneak in a mole (Mei's true seeing should spot the obvious attempts). Master will be in charge of taking stock of our ill-gotten gains.

Plans-wise, I'd like to resume the Goldenfire Quest with Kascha and Afina. If they're unavailable, I'll go boast to Mirima and the Graceful Blow until that can happen.

Anastasia

Sure. There's going to be a brief combined thread to sort everything out, so hold onto that todo list until after it. Locking this thread.
<Afina> Forever.