News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Muirfinn's diary (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, October 03, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Eh, it's close enough!

Moore will take a seat. "You have my thanks, then, for the understanding. Have you reached out to Mineral before?" There's some hesitation, then he simply takes the mask off. "It's a powerful tool, but I think this meeting deserves a face-to-face -- ah, I apologize, I am usually the sort to lay things out in the fairest sense. Actions speak louder, and all that." Moore smiles.

Anastasia

Sisatar waves it aside, "I've met people in full helmets, a mask is nothing." He flashes a smile, full of sharp looking teeth. "I have, but without a contact, it's futile. Mineral is extremely insular."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Consider it a sign of the honesty Aurora works with, then." Moore says with a not-as-sharp-looking smile. "Very well. As you may know, Mineral isn't... they don't quite think the same way as others do. Material wealth to them doesn't seem to mean anything, I think -- now, this is pure supposition, but in my dealings with them, I think they function purely on the aesthetic nature of gems and minerals. With that in mind, what do you hope to gain out of a meeting with them?"

Anastasia

"Contacts and information." Sisatar says, "Merely because normal wealth is of no use to them does not mean there is nothing that is valuable to them. With time and negotiations, an accord can be reached that benefits both sides. Besides the fantastical wealth there, there are other things of value within Mineral."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That's can be done. Is there anything specific that you'd like me to bring up?"

Anastasia

"A general letter of introduction's fine," Sisatar says, "I need something to get a claw in the door."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles at that and nods. "All right. Consider it done. Should I speak with Miss Ruby about the individual interested in Aurora for further details?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Sisatar says, "She's waiting for you out there. She'll trade you that for your letter."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Very well then. Mister Sisatar, if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me directly or through Aurora."

He'll bow again and then head out!

Anastasia

From there Ruby takes you to a quiet room to compose your letter.

Just a brief outline of it is fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Very straight-forward and to the point, basically Moore introducing the Silverbrow Consortium (and by extension its leader) as an ally of Aurora who's helped them in the past. He'll go on to say that Mister Sisatar clearly has funds and backing that allow him to not be tempted by the typical wealth that many succumb to in Mineral. Moore would basically say something along the lines of Crystalle can benefit by allying himself with Silverbrow since they have resources beyond material wealth that Moore understands Crystalle and his followers are much more interested in.

Anastasia

The letter takes you a half hour. Moonlight kicks back and naps while you do, rising when you finish it. Once you pass it over to Ruby, "Thank you for your business." You're handed the an envelope. "The information is written there."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else." Moore says as he looks at the note with Moonlight.

Anastasia

The information is as follows:

QuoteLaughing Laura.

Female spirit (former half elf) servant of Lliira.

"Oh," Moonlight butts in after you read the beginning, "Another favored mortal." After a moment you're able to resume reading, Moonlight's commentary aside.

Height: 5'4

Weight: 100 pounds

Hair Color: Green

Eye Color: Green

Distinguishing Characteristics: Small tattoo of a lyre over her left eye.

Biography: A healer of considerable skill, Laughing Laura was promoted for rescuing several of Lliira's servants from efreet slavery. She is a capable jack of many trades who focuses on relieving suffering so life can be fully lived. She serves Lliira's interests by spreading the faith through word and deed. Known to have had an unhappy childhood that drove her to Lliira's faith.

Has shown interest in Aurora during a contact meeting. She will be at the Prancing Pegasus Inn and Tavern all week. Ask the barkeep for her.

"Hmm." Moonlight finishes as you do, "Solid lead. Lliira's folk are great for morale, they know how to have a good time."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm curious why she didn't just approach us directly. Maybe it's harder to get in touch with Aurora than I thought." Moore shrugs either way. "Miss Ruby, thank you. Please let me know if you need anything further."

He'll put the mask back on and he'll go find the Prancing Pegasus Inn and Tavern. Take 10 on GI for 32 if it matters.