A taste of the southern wind (Jaela, 89 days left)

Started by Anastasia, June 15, 2017, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You head out to go deal with the planning for the coming raid against Harkin. However, you're interrupted as you reach your room by Elena. She's now dressed in thick winter furs, face barely visible. "Hi, there's a diplomat from Fury's Heart to see a general."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"You look really nice!" Jaela compliments Elena, before her words are parsed and Jaela grows more businesslike. "I'll handle it," she agrees. "Let's go meet with them together."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Thanks," Elena smiles ear to ear, "Do you like it?" She starts leading you along, "He's in the meeting room, has a few underlings with him. Some sort of frost or ice humanoid, perhaps once an elf, he has elf ears and features. Carries an iceaxe and wears Auril's symbol."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The juxtaposition really works, since we're in a pleasantly warm paradise," Jaela elaborates, nodding as she listens. "How's the mood in the meeting room? Are our guests hostile?" She decides to switch from her traditional armor to Brokion, asking Elena, "What do you think, does hide work better for this?"

Anastasia

"No sign of hostility, they came in peace and bearing a flag of truce," Elena reports, "Wise considering where we are, even if they appeared close to us. I wouldn't be surprised if Auril herself moved to get them here safely or called in a favor, since Aurilites can't just walk around Elysium."

Elena then gives you a look over, "It works okay for you."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Nice." Jaela walks for a time, before snapping her fingers. "Auril's Mercy. The greatsword in our vaults. Have someone bring it near, so your other self could signal them to present it as a gift if things lead that way and I signal you. I assume you already handled the basics? Refreshments suitable for ice people, the ambient temperature, all of that?"

Anastasia

Gimme the stat block of Auril's Mercy real quick?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thinaun Greatsword+5, keen and frost. This weapon is brand new, like the mace. It has a name engraved into the hilt: Auril's Mercy. 118,000 gold

Anastasia

"Other me's doing it right now," Elena confirms. "All the niceties are taken care of, Morniel's helping out there, of course. They're speaking in Common after a few polite exchanges in Celestial and then some love child of Auran and Aquan."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You know," Jaela muses, "it used to annoy me something fierce I couldn't do all these little things just about any angel does? Like casually casting Tongues? I'm actually still pretty annoyed, even if it's ridiculously petty." But that would hardly stop her from getting there and seeing to the delegation. She has a decent guess and can't wait to tell if she's right!

Anastasia

"Jealousy gives you wrinkles," Elena leads you to the portal and pauses before that. "Do you want to get wrinkles while Hanna looks perfectly youthful?" She giggles afterwards, "He's in there, go ahead."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"So you're invested in my beauty?" Jaela asks Elena with a grin, stepping through without giving her a proper chance to answer.

Anastasia

The elf inside indeed looks like an elf. Pale, drawn skin and elven features, entire body a frosty white color, including his hair. He wears blue plate armor sans a helmet and painted with Auril's unholy symbol. Four humanoids in dark blue robes stand behind him, ready to attend him at a moment's notice.

"Valyse Frostmorn," The elven creature rises, "I come bearing tidings from the Frostmaiden."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Jaela of Aurora," she reciprocates, though given the context that much should be obvious. "Welcome, Valyse Frostmorn, emissary of the Frostmaiden."

Anastasia

Each of the humanoids stands back, hoods pulled up to conceal their faces. They are impassive as Valyse offers his hand with a cool smile. "Word of what Bel has done ripples throughout the halls of power in Creation. A deity does not just step into a Prime like that, even one as corrupted as yours."
<Afina> Forever.