News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

A Shot of Crisis

Started by Brian, July 03, 2004, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

After Nathan stalks out of the library, Philip catches up with him on the way to the Storm-rider encampment.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

"Well, that was entertaining," says Nathan flatly and without turning around, "and I'll probably feel lousy for it later, but screw him.  I'm going to break some stuff, it's up to you if you want to come along."

Nathan, not really waiting for a response, heads towards the archery range - with intent to stick pointy objects into things.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Dracos

"Naw, it's just stress.  We shouldn't be crackin' on each other either way, you know?  It's a bad situation and you do the best ya can."  Dracos followed along.  "Not all of us are nuts that don't get stressed after all."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

Nathan sighs and replies while he walks.

"Bjorn's stressed and all, and he doesn't entirely like this, but he's got more drive than me, and he puts on such a good act of knowing exactly what he's doing that it doesn't occur to him that we might not.  You . . . worry me just in how easily you kill people, really, but for the most part I trust your judgement. Gin . . . Gin's either in complete denial, or he's a psychopath.  Huitz seems moderately sane, if impulsive . . . but he's stuck in prison with the threat of an axe hanging over him.  Woop-de-fucking-doo.  I'm not going to die here, and when this is over I'm going to get my life back.," his voice cracks slightly, "and my God have mercy on anyone who gets in my way, because I sure as fuck won't."

Dracos

Dracos shrugged, putting a hand on Rez's shoulder, his voice fairly calm.  "UT match once we get all this shit finished and back to sanesville where you don't have to wonder if the guy across the table is going to pull a bomb out of his hat?  Things will get back to normal.  We'll get back to way things should be.  One way or another.  So, just relax when you can, man.  Human mind isn't meant to handle all this death and stress.  Just got to do what you can, get through the day, and try your best while not forgetting what you really want.  Which is to have this shit done and to be free to sleep in on sundays, no?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

"Mm, I guess."

Nathan, with nothing more to say . . . continues walking, destination unchanged!

Dracos

"Hey Rez, want to skip out on the strategy meeting today?" Dracos continued walking with him.  "I'll cover."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

At about this point, Nathan and Phil reach the archery range, where a few Storm-riders and keep-defenders are entertaining themselves firing at their targets.

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

"No, I'd better go.  Right now there's something semi-useful to do, though, and yesterday there wasn't.  'sides which I don't particularly need allegations of 'sulking'."

Nathan grabs his bow, then moves over to an empty part of the shooting range.

Brian

Nathan's accuracy with a bow improves with concentration.  A few of the other Storm-riders watch for a bit, and then get back to their own practice.

Shortly, a pair of keep guards jog up to Phil, however.

"Lord Bloom," one of them says respectfully.  "Lord Kevin requests your presence at the nightly meeting."

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Hey Nathan, come on."  Dracos turns and heads to the meeting.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

Rez mumbles something incoherent and, reluctantly, puts his bow back over his shoulder and follows Drac.

Brian

The guards lead Nathan and Phil to the meeting room, followed shortly by Parthipan and Bjorn.

Moments after everyone steps into the room (where Kevin, Lammermore, Radagast, and Ekim are already waiting), the Storm-rider commanders enter, followed by Donovan and Mirallia, one of the vassals of Aestock, Lindsey, Astryd, Eske, and Devin.

The meeting is now being held in a small banquet hall which none of Phil, Nathan, Bjorn, or Parthipan recall seeing before.  There are no visible windows, and there's a sizable contingent of guards outside the door.

Neither Qurral or Derrick are present.

There's some bumbling as everyone figures out where they sit -- Lammermore and Radagast are immediately to Lord Kevin's left and right.  Beyond Lammermore is Bjorn, then Donovan, Mirallia, Carl, and Jeff.  Beyond Jeff is Ekim, who makes the vassals of Hammar a bit nervous.  Past Ekim is Nathan, then Sir Eric, then Lord Rogers, Lord Bloom (directly opposite Kevin), Lord Farwell, Lord George, and Sir Harold.  Continuing in that direction around the table is a single vassal of Aestock, who looks distinctly uncomfortable about sitting next to Harold (Harold only briefly glances at the vassal with something most simply termed 'contempt').  After the vassal is Lindsey, and then the Lorekeepers.  Astryd, Devin, Parthipan, Eske, Radagast, and then back to Lord Kevin.

"It would seem we're all here, then," Kevin says, nodding to himself.  "Excelent.  I think we're ready to discuss our plan for today, then?" he asks, glancing across the table to see if there are any objections.

"A question, if I might?" Lindsey says, raising her hand.

Lammermore eyes Lindsey, and answers for Kevin.  "What would you like to know?"

"Ah, I haven't ... been able to find much since the incident with Dorian," she says, somewhat apologetically.  "Am I to understand that Master Durant is unable to join us?"

Kevin and Lammermore look at Lindsey like she's clearly lost her mind.  Before anyone else can answer (most of the Storm-riders seem completely uninterested, though the lorekeepers all quietly turn to study Lindsey), Lammermore says, "Well, Verrik the Unseen -- also known as 'Paul Durant' is being detained in the holding cells, still."

Linsdey blinks at this, and frowns slightly.

"If you're wondering at the proof of his crimes, we've the blade of Verrik the Unseen locked safely away in Durant's former quarters.  Regardless, there will be time to discuss this later -- if you wish to speak with ... Durant ... he is in the cells below the keep.  I trust you remember the way there."

"...indeed," Lindsey says after a moment, rising from her seat at the table.  Her vassal follows her instantly, eyeing everyone as though they were potential threats.  "Thank you for your patience, then," she says, bowing.

Lammermore and Kevin nod, and she sweeps from the room.  As soon as she's gone, and the door closes behind her, Lammermore chuckles, and rubs his hands together.  "All too easy," he says.

Kevin looks at him dubiously, then shakes his head.  "Regardless," he says, somewhat annoyed, "now that a certain unpleasant bit of business has been dealt with, we can get on with the discussion for tonight's battle."  He pauses, and eyes Lammermore.  "Unless there are questions about ... that little scene?"

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

"Well, since you asked, and I was always too curious for my own good . . ." Nathan puts in curiously, "All too easy?"

Brian

"Just a trap," Lammermore demurrs.  "We've ... suspicions about Lindsey, and this will prove them, if they're true."

Kevin sighs.  "She's a priestess, Lammermore.  I doubt we've any reason to expect any danger from her," he warns.  "Now.  Onto other business?"  He looks around questioningly, as though to see if there are other objections.

~exploding tag~