News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

2.1: Echoes

Started by Sierra, November 02, 2017, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

01[12:05] <@El-Cideon> It's a long and wearying walk back to Rocina in the dark, but a mercifully uneventful one. Isabel gratefully makes use of Santiago's family's tavern for lodging. When the squad next reports in for duty, Cala is waiting outside the tower.
[12:06] <Luiza> "Good morning!" Luiza greets her, mysterious baked sweets in her covered basket.
[12:06] <Leona> Leona's hair isn't quite as glossy and her eyes are a little baggy, but still she's up! "Quite a bit more than just grave-robbing over in Solfrina, Sergeant," she opens up with.
01[12:08] <@El-Cideon> "Good morning, officers," she replies to Luiza. "Is that so?" she asks Leona with raised eyebrow. "Then it was a busy weekend all over. Go ahead and report what you found, then we'll get you folks caught up," she says.
[12:09] <Santiago> "We found out that Isabel's mistress apparently pulled herself right out the ground and went out to confront her murderers," supplies Santiago.
[12:09] <Leona> "The weaver's corpse had spontaneously animated itself and went to wreak a path of vengeance against its killers," Leona explains succinctly. "We managed to stop it, infuriating the local militia in the process, and we also ran into a strange cabal of clockwork automatons that seem to have a presence all over the land observing things for their own purposes."
[12:10] <Nephrite> Morrison turns to Santiago in expectation, though he turns to Leona with a nod of agreement.
[12:12] <Luiza> "It is worth adding that the murder itself was covered up by the local militia and a few prominent figures," Luiza adds, significantly less cheerfully than her greeting.
01[12:15] <@El-Cideon> Cala looks momentarily nonplussed. "I'm sorry," she answers at length, "it isn't as though I disbelieve you, I'm just calculating how much of this I can plausibly put into an incident report. Let's head inside and hash this out upstairs." Cala leads the squad up to her second floor office; the morning squad is not on hand to be relieved when you arrive. There's cool water in a pitcher on the table if anyone needs to sit down and have a drink. "Alright," she says, ticking points off on her fingers one by one, "We have: a vengeful corpse; a concealed murder; and spying constructs? Let's just work through those in order. This was necromancy?"
[12:16] <Santiago> "Well, uh, it might have been divine intercession."
[12:17] <Leona> "So the cadaver claimed."
01[12:17] <@El-Cideon> "I can't see how it possibly could be," Cala says bluntly.
[12:17] <Nephrite> "When we fought her, it sounded like there were two voices." Morrison adds. "Once we defeated it, there was only one, who seemed to have remorse over 'not wanting' whatever had happened."
[12:17] <Santiago> "But we can't prove it wasn't!"
01[12:18] <@El-Cideon> "So it spoke to you," Cala clarifies. "As though it knew what was happening and had a will of its own?"
[12:19] <Santiago> "Well, that's not in doubt. The corpse could have been possessed by a spirit of vengeance. Which might have been sent by a god."
[12:19] <Leona> "Yes, it called us oathbreakers and told us not to stand between 'this shell' and its prey," Leona confirms. "When I asked what oath was broken it screamed and attacked."
[12:20] <Luiza> "Or it was demons," Luiza reasonably points out.
01[12:21] <@El-Cideon> "I just wanted to be clear," she says. "I saw a few zombies in the war. Those don't know anything more than the last thing their master told them to do." To Santiago, she adds, "All of this begs the question, which god?"
[12:23] <Leona> "After the spirit appeared to vanish it cried out to Lethia that this wasn't what it prayed for before collapsing," Leona helpfully supplies!
[12:24] <Santiago> "An elf god. So we're going to go talk to Bosque," replies Santiago.
01[12:27] <@El-Cideon> "That's the elf god. Goddess. Whichever." She shrugs. "I don't know a lot more than that. I do know if they had a history of resurrecting followers for divine murder, it would've been a problem before now." She nods to Santiago. I'll find some time to talk to local priests, myself. I don't imagine any of them took time to learn about elf religion, but they might know about the undead. Alright, so you say the Solfrina militia knew about this?" She grimaces. "You had a run-in with 'Don Bruno,' didn't you?" she guesses.
[12:29] <Santiago> "He's a little shit of a man," complains Santiago. "A stain upon our honor! And he called you terrible names, Sergeant."
01[12:30] <@El-Cideon> "Whatever they were, I've heard worse," she promises. "What happened?"
[12:31] <Santiago> "After we put Gloria down, he arrived at the scene and threatened us with musketmen. Then he called us provincials, in so many words. Luckily he decided not to arrest us on nonsense charges, but he made it pretty clear he doesn't want us snooping around. His reasons are pretty transparent."
[12:32] <Leona> "After we found the grave excavated we went to Gloria's house and found it being ransacked by a clockwork dog," Leona picks up the tale. "That's when we pursued it to a hidden outpost outside the city filled with other automatons. Some of them could talk, and they fled because their base had been compromised by discovery. Inside we found correspondence between the master weaver and the militia
[12:32] <Leona> incriminating them in covering up the crime. The automatons specifically said they were interested because of Gloria's undead revival."
[12:33] <Luiza> "We happened to bring the correspondence in question with us," Luiza pipes up, "out of hope that we could send it somewhere high enough to punish those responsible."
01[12:35] <@El-Cideon> "Let's see it," Cala says. "There isn't anything directly we can do about the Solfrina militia, anymoreso than they have jurisdiction over our internal affairs. But if there's evidence he's refusing to his job properly, or abusing the office to the detriment of the local subjects, I might be able to at least get it in front of the right eyes. Wouldn't be the first time he got shoved out of a role he didn't deserve."
[12:36] <Santiago> Santiago obediently hands the correspondence over. "It's vague enough that he could argue his way around it," he admits. "Though if he's had a pattern of misbehaviour..."
[12:37] <Luiza> "They don't know we have it, so it allows us the chance to find out more. Potentially."
[12:38] <Santiago> "If we avoid getting spotted, should we go back to Solfrina. I think we've been blacklisted."
01[12:42] <@El-Cideon> Cala reads silently for a moment. "I don't like to spread gossip," she says, "but it's common knowledge around Vildiana that he was ejected from his cushy Ministry of Finance position for abuse of office as well. Difficulties with the female staff." She folds up the letter. "I can't promise a swift answer, but I think it's worth raising this to the Ministry of War's attention." She nods to Santiago. "In the meantime, let's not get in each other's way more than we have to. I'm not saying 'Don't go to Solfrina,' but keep a low profile if you have to."
[12:44] <Santiago> "Yes, sergeant."
[12:45] <Leona> Leona nods her assent as well.
01[12:45] <@El-Cideon> "Alright then," she says, moving on the squad's last item. "What's this about clockwork spies?"
[12:46] <Santiago> "Uh, during our investigation we encountered a hideout run entirely by clockwork golems and beasts that seemed to be keeping an eye out."
[12:46] <Luiza> "That's a bit more confusing," Luiza admits. "We've followed up on a lead that there was a local mage that made them, but the amount suggests something much larger. I think?"
[12:47] <Leona> "That's about it," Leona admits. "We tracked the clockwork dog to a little hill a few miles South of the city, which had a concealed entrance. Inside was the dog, two humanoid constructs, and a swarm of smaller avian ones. They implied the presence of numerous similar outposts across the country, and mentioned that finding us would present no great difficulty should they need to. Certainly
[12:47] <Leona> they did a good job obtaining records from the militia as well as Gloria's house."
[12:47] <Santiago> "Well... I don't know. If you can build a clockwork golem that can build more clockwork golems, maybe only one mage was responsible for starting it all? In any case, it seemed like a very difficult thing to accomplish since you'd need to be an archmage as well as a mechanical engineer."
01[12:49] <@El-Cideon> Cala frowns. "I've seen golems," she says. "Not unusual around Vildiana. Anyone with the money to get one built wants you to know they have the money to get one built. But these are just walking slabs with hammer fists. They're not about to reproduce, or communicate. You had a conversation with this thing?"
[12:50] <Luiza> "It sassed us! In its mechanical voice!"
[12:50] <Leona> "Yes. It kept insisting that certain information was not within its sphere of knowledge, but it was quite talkative overall," Leona confirms.
01[12:54] <@El-Cideon> "These are strange times," Cala summarizes. "I knew that, but maybe not how much. Now both the dead and the machines talk back. Golems don't sass. Whatever's out there, it's something new." She takes a sip of water. "So this was a mechanism, really, more than just a block of stone someone cast a spell on to make it move around?"
[12:55] <Santiago> "That's right. Lots of mechanisms, including little birds that could be anywhere at all. Someone wants to be able to see everything going on at all times, I think."
01[12:59] <@El-Cideon> "I thought we already had a Ministry of Security," Cala says under her breath. "Alright. The royal family's got a clockwork servant, of sorts. It's a dumb thing, to hear tell of it, but it's the closest match I can think of. There's a guild now for artificers working on things like this. I don't have any better idea right now than to write them and see what they have to say about your constructs."
[13:02] <Luiza> "Sergeant," Luiza voices, "perhaps we shouldn't write about this part just yet? If whoever is behind them contacts us, we might be able to understand this more."
01[13:04] <@El-Cideon> "A fair point," she concedes. "I'd be interested to see it myself, given the chance. We'll just have to keep our eyes and ears open for now."
01[13:04] <@El-Cideon> "As for what you all missed while you were out," she goes on, "Noemi's squad was ambushed."
[13:05] <Luiza> "Are they alright?!" Luiza exclaims.
[13:05] <Leona> "Bandits again?" Leona asks worriedly. "Did everyone make it out okay?"
01[13:07] <@El-Cideon> "Close thing, but yes," Cala says. "Bit of luck they'd brought Brother Donato out with them--someone had reported injuries after an attack on a caravan. There wasn't one, just more brigands lying in wait. Paper says there were three of those mutineers, right? My gut says the last one decided to hit back."
[13:08] <Leona> "Why are they all coming here so far from the coast anyway?" Leona wonders, looking relieved at the news of everyone's survival.
[13:08] <Santiago> "You'd think they'd move on," Santiago mutters.
01[13:10] <@El-Cideon> "Not sure," Cala says. "Maybe they thought the navy'd stop hunting them the further they were from the coast. Paper said their ship ran aground, so maybe they didn't have much choice." She shrugs. "Doesn't matter. They're our problem now. I've got Amelia and some others scouting for where this last group's hiding now. We're finding them and we're putting them down, even if I have to bring the entire force with me to do it."
[13:12] <Luiza> "Should we join in on the search instead of talking to Mister Bosque later on?"
01[13:14] <@El-Cideon> She shakes her head. "No. We're leaving the recon to those who know those woods best. Everyone else, it'd be too easy to wander into another ambush. And to that point, watch yourself when you're out on a call from now on. I hate to say it, but maybe ask more pointed questions when someone turns up with an emergency--that was how they got Noemi's group out there in the first place."
[13:15] <Luiza> "Yes, Ma'am."
[13:16] <Santiago> "No problem. People's eyes move a certain way when they're playing you," Santiago says with a confident grin.
01[13:18] <@El-Cideon> "I am glad that we have an expert on that in the team," Cala says, retrieving a letter from her desk. "Moving on: we're going to have a visitor. You can think of him as my aide while he's here, but," and here Cala grimaces, "I'm obliged to send him into the field sooner or later. His name is Josue Harudin."
01[13:18] <@El-Cideon> OOC: K:Noble applies here
[13:18] <Santiago> roll 1d20+8
[13:18] <Rei-chan> 6,0Santiago rolled :6,0 1d20+8 --> 6,0[ 1d20=20 ]4,0{28}
[13:18] <Luiza> roll 1d20+6
[13:18] <Rei-chan> 6,0Luiza rolled :6,0 1d20+6 --> 6,0[ 1d20=1 ]4,0{7}
[13:21] <Santiago> "You don't say? I suppose he's out here for work experience?"
[13:22] <Nephrite> "Is now really a good time?" Morrison voices. "I mean... I guess there isn't a 'good' time, but..."
01[13:25] <@El-Cideon> "Yes," Cala confirms for Santiago. "There isn't a war on right now, so I guess his grandfather thought we were as close as he could get. The lad'll be spending at least a little time with every squad, but--and my instructions are very clear--he should be included in any combat exercises that should be required during his tenure here. I wish it weren't happening when we have a bandit operation in the near future, but I can't argue with the Minister."
[13:25] <Leona> "I take it he's a VIP of some sort and we need to make sure he doesn't get himself hurt or killed?" Leona asks.
[13:26] <Santiago> "He's from a noble family. He's probably better trained than we are," replies Santiago, wryly. "Though hardly as fearsome, I'm sure."
01[13:28] <@El-Cideon> "Leona's grasped the challenge of his appointment, yes. The Harudins are keen on practical martial experience, but he's younger than any of you are. Our real job, in my view, is to make sure nothing untoward happens to him."
[13:31] <Santiago> "I hope he's come well-equipped. With plate mail, and a heavy charger and all manner of protective amulets."
[13:31] <Leona> "If he can hold his own in a fight so much the better," Leona agrees. "But not if it makes him overconfident."
[13:32] <Nephrite> "Or if he thinks he can give us orders." Morrison's attention slowly moves over to Cala as if there's a follow-up question to that statement.
01[13:35] <@El-Cideon> "He can NOT give you orders," Cala insists, "and that will be impressed upon him immediately upon his arrival if his grandfather has not already made it clear that he is functionally a trainee on our force. But, to Santiago's point, I would expect he'd at least come properly equipped for battle, if we can't avoid having him in one. Speaking of which," she adds, produceing a chest from beneath her desk, "the mayor's wrangled another round of appreciation for the last gang of bandits that you brought in."
01[13:35] <@El-Cideon> OOC: loot post
01[13:37] <@El-Cideon> "I'm afraid your claws aren't something your average magician prepares items for," Cala says to Leona. "Maybe someone more esoterically specialized than we tend to find in the country might be able to provide something custom-tailored for what you asked for. But hopefully this'll do for now.""
[13:37] <Luiza> "That's so nice of him!" Luiza chirps. "And, umm, is it possible to requisition another weapon? Not that I don't like my sword or anything, but with all the dead things we seem to be fighting I want something to shoot them with."
01[13:38] <@El-Cideon> "What did you have in mind?" Cala asks.
[13:38] <Leona> "It will, yes!" Leona says, taking the belt and trying it on for size!
[13:40] <Luiza> "A gun!"
01[13:42] <@El-Cideon> "I'll note that for next time," she says. "Is there anything else I should look for as far as requisitions go?"
[13:44] <Luiza> "Maybe some magical courage?" Luiza muses. "Like liquid courage but usable in a fight, when facing a terrifying abomination?"
[13:45] <Santiago> Santiago scratches his chin. "And on the other side, something intimidating, so we can win some fights before they even need to start?"
[13:45] <Nephrite> "I'm not really familiar with what magic can do, but... maybe something that helps me with my aim?" Morrison suggests. "Something along those lines."
[13:46] <Luiza> "I can do that! But I need to stab someone first...."
[13:46] <Leona> "Something to be able to run faster could be useful for any of us," Leona mentions.
01[13:48] <@El-Cideon> "Alright, then." Cala makes notes, then looks up. "My last item for today, before you all go out to make your inquiries, is this: a harpy turned up at the tower yesterday claiming that she was offered a hundred gold to join the militia. I gather this was your initiative?"
[13:50] <Luiza> "Santiago hired her. She's pretty skilled at scouting, too!"
[13:50] <Santiago> "Uh, yes, that was indeed," replies Santiago. "I think she'd be a good addition to the team! Because she can fly."
[13:51] <Leona> "Also she's got a good eye for details," Leona admits.
01[13:53] <@El-Cideon> "That is a sound tactical advantage," Cala admits. "I'll figure out what to do with her if I can persuade her to ever take a bath." She stands up. "Unless there's anything else to cover right now, I'll leave you to your shift. Stay safe out there."
[13:54] <Luiza> "She likes hot food, so maybe bargain with that? Ma'am?"
01[14:01] <@El-Cideon> Their meeting with Sergeant Embriz over for today, the squad heads outside town to check with Iliandariel to see whether he might be able shed any light on recent events in Solfrina. The woods around Bosque's mill are now tinged with autumnal colors, and the team finds the elven miller smoking a pipe on a bench overlooking the river behind his mill. "Good afternoon," he says in a neutral tone, not in a hurry to get up and be properly sociable. "Checking up on things, officers?"
[14:02] <Luiza> "Good afternoon. We were hoping to get your insight into another case, Mister Bosque," Luiza responds.
[14:02] <Santiago> "Actually, we wanted to ask for your help."
[14:02] <Leona> "You might say that," Leona says. "Do you know a weaver from the city called Gloriavaineth?" she asks.
01[14:07] <@El-Cideon> "Not personally," he says. "Heard there was an elven woman making a go of it as a tailor for Solfrina's finer ladies. Wished her luck from afar as one out of place professional to another. But that's the extent of my familiarity." He takes a drag on his pipe for a moment and then puffs out a smoke ring. "What happened?" he asks.
[14:09] <Leona> "She was murdered, and then her body went missing. Her apprentice came asking for us to help, as she'd heard from her late master that we'd helped an elf once and so she thought we'd be more reliable than the Solfrina militia," Leona explains.
[14:10] <Luiza> "It turned out to have been reanimated, and crawled out of the grave to kill her murderers and anyone who stood in the way as oathbreakers," Luiza adds to that.
01[14:13] <@El-Cideon> "Ah," he says with a faint smile. "I may have mentioned you to some passing friends. Word gets around, I suppose." Bosque is unusually placid when being asked about undead horrors wreaking vengeance from beyond the grave. "There are many questions I could ask about that part," he drawls to Luiza, "but I think the first thing I want to know is, did she succeed?"
[14:15] <Santiago> "In part. She was killed by multiple people, and now some of them are dead."
[14:16] <Luiza> "The crime itself was revealed, too."
01[14:17] <@El-Cideon> "How did all of this happen?" He stands up, dusts himself off. "You wouldn't be here if you didn't need my input on something specific."
[14:18] <Santiago> "We were hoping you could tell us the how," explains Santiago. "Gloria's last words were an appeal to Lethia. She didn't like what had happened to her. It's as though she cried out for justice in her last moments, and couldn't stand the form it actually took. Is this something with precedent?"
[14:19] <Luiza> "Yes, we wanted to ask if there was something in your culture that could explain such... spirits of vengeance? Possessing corpses?"
01[14:23] <@El-Cideon> "No," he says flatly to Luiza. "There is not. And let me state that as bluntly as possible: vengeance has not traditionally been among our virtues." He looks from one of you to another. "I'm no shaman, but even I can recognize how much is canonically wrong with what's being voiced here. We leave necromancy to the Isveni."
[14:25] <Luiza> "Then when you asked whether the reanimated corpse succeeded, it wasn't because you knew more about the situation?"
[14:26] <Santiago> OOC: let's sense motives!
01[14:26] <@El-Cideon> OOC: go right ahead
[14:26] <Santiago> roll 1d20+13 dice are a substitute for intelligence
[14:26] <Rei-chan> 6,0Santiago rolled :6,0 1d20+13 1,0dice are a substitute for intelligence --> 6,0[ 1d20=4 ]4,0{17}
01[14:29] <@El-Cideon> "I asked because I'd sympathize with her motives in that situation," he says, somewhat drolly. "But I may be unusual in that regard. Maybe you should tell me more about what happened. Why are we even talking about Lethia in this context?"
[14:30] <Leona> "That's who the corpse cried out to, after the animating spirit departed," Leona explains. "Oh Lethia, this isn't what I prayed for. That's what she said."
[14:31] <Luiza> "We obviously were concerned that something heard her prayers and reinterpreted them differently," Luiza voices. "A separate concern from bringing those responsible for the murder and still alive to justice."
01[14:33] <@El-Cideon> "I should think not," Bosque answers to Leona. "It certainly isn't the manner of rebirth that Lethia would've had in mind." He turns to Luiza. "You think that 'something else' was listening to her, and interceded where she should've found her god's mercy instead?"
[14:36] <Luiza> Luiza nods. "I don't believe it had her best interests in mind, honestly."
01[14:39] <@El-Cideon> "No, I would think that whoever--or whatever--it was had its own interests in mind." He taps out his pipe. "Frankly I find no grounds to mourn the bloody fate of any murderer, but it all sounds a remarkable perversion of belief on Glorivaineth's end."
[14:40] <Santiago> "I don't think anyone is mourning her killers, but as you say, it's far more concerning that some strange entity might be enabling other vengeful sorts." Santiago sighs. "With any luck it will be a one time thing."
[14:41] <Nephrite> "...It could be that she confided in a friend of hers about this?" Morrison says. "I mean... if we're presuming some outside force acted, they'd... have to have known the circumstances."
[14:42] <Leona> "Well really we were hoping you might have more personal experience with Gloriavaineth for our names to have reached her ears, and could tell us more about anything that could have affected her leading to this," Leona says. "The only other thing I can think of is that spiritualist her journal mentioned at Halinai, but she didn't seem convinced by him so unless he had some sort of magic or
[14:42] <Leona> entity that he could stealthily affect people with which then takes form after their deaths... it's a bit of a stretch though."
01[14:45] <@El-Cideon> "Mm." Bosque sounds like he wouldn't really mind all that much if such was the fate of most murderers, but keeps his specific thoughts on that subject to himself. "Not a lot of elves within Solfrina itself," he says. "As far as your cities are concerned, we are mostly just...visitors. I could think of a few men and women who might've passed our way and spoke to her in turn, maybe. Travelers, though. They wouldn't be local anymore." To Leona, he asks: "Who was it?"
[14:46] <Luiza> "Mister Bosque, if anyone you've talked to us about is in trouble such as this, could you ask them to take any threats more seriously rather than merely enduring?"
[14:47] <Leona> "Yulieleranwyn was the name. Gloriavaineth described his words as 'sympathetic folly', and his message sharply divided the older from the younger, but she didn't go into detail on it."
01[14:49] <@El-Cideon> "Of course," he says to Luiza, providing by way of motive: "It isn't a decent thing for one's body to get up again and cause trouble after she's passed. I can ask. It may take time. Some of us," he adds, "still move with the seasons." Leona's statement manages to turn his head. "Oh," Bosque says. "Him."
[14:49] <Santiago> "I gather he's something of a firebrand."
01[14:52] <@El-Cideon> Bosque takes a breath and exhales deeply. "I only know him to speak of. But he has this quaint notion that you--" and here Bosque points out Santiago, Luiza, and Morrison, "--don't belong here." Aside, to Leona: "I've no idea what he thinks of you."
[14:53] <Leona> "Gloriavaineth thought he actually was like me," Leona mentions, self-consciously brushing the hair over one of her pointed ears.
[14:53] <Luiza> "But I was born here?"
01[14:58] <@El-Cideon> "Well, wouldn't that be perfect?" he says about Leona's statement, with a humorless chuckle. To Luiza, he answers: "Yulieleranwyn would say that we were born here first." He shrugs. "This is what I hear. I've not visited Halinai or anywhere else in the eastern reaches for many years. But I still listen to words passed down the road, and Glorivaineth echoes one truth: agitation isn't pleasing to all of us, especially to the older crowd."
[15:01] <Leona> "Well, that sort of bloody revenge would be pleasing to him," Leona opines. "But how would he be able to do such a thing after the fact?"
01[15:05] <@El-Cideon> "If you're asking how the magic of it could be implemented, I haven't the faintest idea," Bosque admits. "Was there a suggestion of necromancy at play anywhere around the body or its possessions? I could only guess any necromancer needs access to a corpse to do anything at all to it."
[15:06] <Luiza> "If there was, Miss Gloria's apprentice never noticed it," Luiza responds.
01[15:07] <@El-Cideon> Bosque frowns, but apparently doesn't have more to add to that. "So what's this about oathbreakers? Did she know her killers?"
[15:08] <Luiza> "Yes, as they have been harassing her even before that. But we have no idea what that is, or why the corpse decided we were when we tried to arrest one of the murderers instead."
[15:11] <Santiago> "I had the strong feeling it regarded anyone who questioned it as an oathbreaker. Perhaps it judges humanity collectively?"
01[15:13] <@El-Cideon> "There are those who would do so," Bosque acknowledges. "To relay the notion without personal endorsement. Only to say that I've encountered the sentiment, from time to time."
[15:13] <Luiza> "I don't think that was it, since the murderers were sought out and other people, even their servants, were left alive if they didn't try to stop the corpse."
01[15:18] <@El-Cideon> Bosque spreads his hands. "I'm unsure what else I can tell you, then. If you're continuing to search for the entity responsible for this, I can make inquiries. I'm unsure what else I can promise. But to hear the goddess's name perverted for such ends, well...I will say that I take umbrage." With a wry expression, he adds: "I admit to some surprise that I still can."
[15:21] <Leona> "Well we'll be grateful to hear if you find anything," Leona says. "I hope not to see its like again though."
[15:21] <Santiago> "It'd be a problem if people got the wrong idea about her," remarks Santiago. "We've got our zealots, too, and they get energized with fear."
01[15:24] <@El-Cideon> ~