News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Salvation (Everyone)

Started by Anastasia, January 03, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

While she can see the fighting from here, Afina tries not to become too caught up in it. It'd just turn her head in knots since she's not participating, so she keeps most of her focus simply on guarding the gates.

Nephrite

Presuming you want me to use the same formula as you had listed -- if not let me know. This is HD + Int + Cha.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+50 : 15 + 50, total 65[/blockquote]

Yuthirin

Calleigh urges the sunfire golem out of its rest and off onto the battlefield!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I meant just a raw skill check, in this case a Knowledge skill will do, Moore. It's mostly a formality, I don't think with your numbers that you'll fail it anyway.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Oh, my bad.

[12:35] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+36
[12:35] <Rei-chan> Nephrite rolled : 1d20+36 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{37}

Anastasia

Jaela channels Holy Word through Aurora. Devils split - some are overwhelmed, others resist, but yet more pressure weakens the center as they fall back, giving way more and more, a retreat pressed towards a rout.

Moore's pretty sure it's at least some sort of feint. Devils teleport, after all, so they're likely tasked with keeping those forces engaged or otherwise luring them.

Meanwhile the sunfire golem surges out into the battlefield, glowing bright as it slams into the devils anew, further pressuring them.

'Everyone,' Adrian sends back, 'Any sign of reinforcements? The devils are trying hard to hold the line without enough troops here.'

Meanwhile by the gate, there's a sudden flash of holy light and magic missiles, a large, hulking figure briefly outlined before being obliterated.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina startles at that, not having even detected anyone approaching! She tries to be more dilligent.

Nephrite

'The only thing I have as advice is this seems like some sort of feint -- maybe to try and draw troops away from Aurora proper?' He offers as a suggestion.

Corwin

'We have plenty of reserves,' Jaela responds to that. 'Once we've crushed their sacrificial forces and can integrate Makaril's troops with our own the Gar Malleous expedition can head out.'
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

'That's my guess,' Adrian says, 'Especially since Aurora's a great big shining target-damn, hold on!' A pause of several seconds, Adrian surely busy.

Then the sound of a deep, brassy horn echos across the battlefield. From the cracks in the sky they come - nightmare riding narzugons, hundreds and hundreds, a great charge in the sky aiming for the warfare below.

"I have an early report from Sylica," Vul'lath announces. "Latha reports that they have drawn counter attacks from their beach head at the Elven Tree. As of now they are holding steadily."

Meanwhile in the courtyard, Kascha murmurs to Surraruthru, "Have you established your tapestry for the day yet?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore frowns at the influx of devils, but waits to see if there's any orders to deploy or just wait this out for now.

Anastasia

Meanwhile Crystal looks out and scowls, then briefly murmurs something to Ilsenine. She then flies over to you, "Moore," she says, "Are you assigned elsewhere or are you free to join us?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Relay that the same is happening here," Jaela requests of Vul'lath, "and that we're ready to be deployed if a devil from our short list appears on their end."

The short list, of course, consists of Gathgorian, Taelfagn and the remaining traitors, though Jaela won't be upset if she's called to help with a different devil of the same caliber.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

"I'm not assigned anywhere at the moment, Crystal." Moore answers.

Anastasia

That was Crystal who came to you, my fault since I phrased it terribly.

Meanwhile, Vul'lath says, "Shall we send reinforcements out, Jaela? We currently have 90% of our strength in reserve. Those narzugons complicate the battle."
<Afina> Forever.