News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Salvation (Everyone)

Started by Anastasia, January 03, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

What do my MAGIC EYES tell me about this thing?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Mountainous Fire does what it does best, which is setting the dragon ghost on fire! And the cavern behind the party, too, incidentally.

20:01 <•UnacceptableMustard> roll 30d8 ghost spell moonfire tear
20:01 <Kobot> UnacceptableMustard rolled 30d8 ghost spell moonfire tear --> [ 30d8=142 ]{142}
20:01 <•UnacceptableMustard> roll 1d20+40 CL
20:01 <Kobot> UnacceptableMustard rolled 1d20+40 CL --> [ 1d20=2 ]{42}

Ref DC 34 half.

All magical auras within the cone glow with a faint blue light for 1 round per caster level.
Disguised, shapechanged, or polymorphed creatures and objects in the spell's area at the time the spell is cast must make Will saves or immediately return to their normal forms.
Even if the save succeeds, they remain covered in ghostly white outlines that show their true forms for 1 round per caster level.
The entire area covered by the cone glows silver white for 1 round per caster level.
This radiance is as bright as the light of a full moon and negates electricity for 1 round per caster level unless the creature generating it makes a caster level check against a DC equal to the caster's level.
If an electricity effect is generated outside the glowing cone, the cone blocks the electricity effect if the caster level check fails.
If an electricity effect is generated inside the glowing cone, the cone completely negates the electricity effect if the caster level check fails.

*CL is 40, and Moonfire Tear changes that to per minute from per round.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Despite the name, moonfire tear (or moonfire) is not a fire descriptor spell. It's a light descriptor spell, the name of the spell is misleading in that regard. It isn't eligible for a primal elemental's ability, please choose another spell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

As you wish.

14:37 <Lucille> roll 35d6 kobot
14:37 <Kobot> Lucille rolled 35d6 kobot --> [ 35d6=114 ]{114}

Ghost spell Greater Fire Storm.

20:01 <•UnacceptableMustard> roll 1d20+40 CL
20:01 <Kobot> UnacceptableMustard rolled 1d20+40 CL --> [ 1d20=2 ]{42}

Ref DC 34 half.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

It's a giant ghostly worm and surrounded by a lot of spells, Iddy. I can go into details if you really want.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru begins casting a spell for himself!

Moment of Prescience.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+24 vs celestial conduit, this is the one that matters and everyone knows it
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=1]

Okay, damage bombing it with its one weak point is uh...yeah. Not going to lie, not going to bother rolling the fire storm save, it's not gonna matter hugely here.

Also, I believe it's transdimensional spell that you're looking for there, Cor. Unless ghost spell's from something else (Ghostwalk?) that I'm not familiar with.

Amid the bevy of attacks that slams into the Winding Wyrm, Celestial Conduit shines bright. The blast of pure energy rips through the ghostly wyrm like a flaming broadsword through cobwebs. Ectoplasm is obliterated as the wyrm vanishes, the threat gone in an instant.

A beat.

Hurry.

A beat

H-

Taelfagn's laugh, dark and haunting, sounds in your minds. At last, the fated battles approach. Come, let us not waste any more time on interludes. Not even armies mean anything to ones such as us.

"Damn right," Adrian says, turning away and hurrying on.

Sylvie shakes her head quietly, "He's telling the truth. I think he's realized the futility of minions against us at last, or has less cards to play than he wishes to project. Maybe he's used them all already."

"Or Bel's waiting as the final card," Balyss says, continuing her walk onward. "Let the Moon's light shine away all impure souls into eternal oblivion."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Either way, it's time to kick his butt! We're gonna kick it so hard that his butt will be his new face, and his face will be his new butt!" Calleigh says.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

"Let us go and end this. There is much more work to be done to restore our world, and this is the last of the barriers to that."

Yuthirin

Autobattle for Tryll & Calleigh
Spoiler: ShowHide
Both Tryll and Calleigh are squishy, and don't have the best defenses. They prefer to exploit their incorpoeality to hide in walls or solid objects in order to avoid damage. They should be kept near a wall, ceiling, or floor. In addition to defenses, this allows them to move unseen to reposition behind enemies as most magical sight abilities cannot penetrate solid objects.

Tryll: Celestial Conduit, Stygian Conflagaration/Bolt. Use Fortune's Wheel when appropriate or if you want new things to happen.

WARNING: Do not use Affinity Field in combat. If Tryll takes a big hit while Affinity Field is active, he will share all damage he takes with the entire party. It could one-shot the party. Affinity Field should only be used in the most dire of circumstances, or when out of combat. The primary use of Affinity Field is to cheaply heal the party. Any healing or damage Tryll takes is shared 1:1 to all others within the field.

Calleigh: Wands, harassment, spot healing, and summoning Astral Constructs. If Calleigh is caught in or near combat and needs to escape, look at her paionic powers. She has abilities that can cause her to swap places with another party member.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

That's useful. Thank you, Yuth. G'luck at the job today.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Honestly Afina wouldn't mind a bit more stalling so she can recover from the magical overload of her attempt at fighting Tiamat, but needs must. Besides, seeing what Tryll did to that wyrm gave her a considerable morale boost, leaving her hopeful for their chances in any fights to come! "I don't see Bel as the sort to sit around waiting for us. Every second he spends on Lifasa is a second Avernus is unguarded, a second some other power could challenge him here like what happened to Tiamat's avatar," she says to Balyss's speculation. "He'd either be here and taking the battle to us, or he'll somehow be called forth in a desperate last ditch gambit by Taelfagn."

Anastasia

"Nor do I, but his avatar was chased off," Balyss points out. "His hand may be held by another now. Perhaps Asmodeus is not willing to let him risk Hell's prestige further by again violating the rules?"

Ahead the spiral path down ends. Here the walls are entirely throbbing power, as a ragged tunnel is ahead. It quickly splits into two directions, one right and one left.

A beat.

Come, Afina. It is time. The destined hour is at hand. Approach me alone. Let us conclude this as equals. There are words I will speak for you and you alone.

Afina feels an irresistible compulsion, a vast and deep need to head down the right passage. Destiny surges. He speaks the truth. Beware.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina remembers saying recently how she'd only fight Gathgorian at a time and place of her own choosing. This is about as far from that as it gets, with her massively weakened from facing Tiamat, and him having had time to prepare the ground for her.

No.

She refuses.

Can she refuse? How irresistible is that compulsion?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.