Salvation (Everyone)

Started by Anastasia, January 03, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Three's a gasp -- one he isn't sure he uttered or had any control over. Another heartbeat... another soul. They didn't have to open the gates this time.

They did it. This is why I had to be here, wasn't it? This is why it all started there in Venya... no, even before that. But... those are questions left for later.

Was there any doubt they would?

For some reason, his first reaction is to look around for Sylvie.

Anastasia

Adrian looks on, tension leaving his body. With a soft thump Gaelach hits the ground, Adrian walking ahead. Walking towards the Graceful Blow and the Throne - restored to what it once was. Walking towards Misaela.

Balyss kneels and bows her head in prayer, and aloud she says, "Thank you, Selune. Your will has been done."

Sylvie watches on and slowly steps back, slipping away. She pauses a moment, "Hey Jaela. Congratulations...and I'm sorry for everything. 21 was a booby prize. Live well. Afina...thank you for reaching out."

Moore's speed of reaction lets him catch Sylvie as she starts to vanish away. "We'll see each other again before the end, Moore. Be strong."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Calming down enough for speech once more, Jaela tells Sylvie, "Fresh slate. After this? Let's just do that." Shaking her head, she rises to her feet once more and starts following Adrian towards Aurora.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

He smiles at that and then nods as he turns his attention back to the revelry.

'Is this thing still on? Is everyone all right?' Moore sends to whoever is still listening via telepathy.

He says a prayer to Lathander while waiting -- maybe now that Lifasa is freed, someone like Moonlight can come back to see it?

Anastasia

Balyss looks on, face downcast. "Goodbye, Sylvie. Selune help you," she murmurs. "All I know is that Selune revealed to me that I probably won't ever see her again."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Goodbye Sylvie," Afina wipes away her tears, collecting her shoes and fluttering up close to Balyss. "Probably isn't definitely," she offers by consolation.

Anastasia

Won't be posting anymore until everyone has a chance to post and react here.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Another friend passed, but not stolen this time. The survival of Lifasa is a testament to her, and all others."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Calleigh pops out of the ground, "Well, we'll just have to go find her and bring her back, then! Who even does the mysterious fade out anymore anyhow? Just 'cause she's got some big ol' booky weapon thing doesn't mean she should be dodging her friends! Also, doesn't she have a kid? I remember someone saying that somewhere. Tepen maybe? But we won! Yay! I knew we could do it! But what happened to Gathgorathorarararam? Whatever his name is? Mister Teeth! He's gotta big ugly smile. Remember when we went and rescued Leif's body/soul thing? Yeah, he was the master of ugly. IS he still around?"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"And yet, some things are the same," Balyss remarks, "Tryll, Calleigh, are you alright?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh flies loops around Balyss before depositing herself into Balyss' hair. "Yepyepyep! I can already feel the evil leaving the plane! Lotta work to do, though. Devil sympawhatsits to get rid of."

'We're fine, Balyss. Just glad we could help make this happen.' Tryll replies, his misty form spinning around Balyss' head.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Good enough," Balyss smiles, starting to walk, "Come on, everyone's waiting for us."

Going to close this in the morning, once everyone's had a last chance to comment. Everyone, make sure you post in epilogue goals.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

It's odd that no one else responded to his message -- maybe something severed the connection?

Either way, he heads towards Aurora proper to check on everyone else!