News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Salvation (Everyone)

Started by Anastasia, January 03, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Finally.

Sweat, blood and tears have lead you this far. All of you stand in Aurora's courtyard, prepared for the day you begin the true liberation of Lifasa. Your armies, expanded by the contributions of your allies, stand before all of you. Soldiers of Sylica, angels and celestials, humans and elves, warriors of the Cauldron. You await word from Makaril and the resistance, ready to begin once that happens.

The air is electric, soldiers at attention. Everyone is waiting for the word, the chance to finally begin and fulfill the Crusade's purpose. Adrian stands with Gisfal, the two inspecting the troops as you wait for the moment of truth. Sylvie and Elder Magi Tepen are near the back, having a quiet conversation as they overlook soldiers. Queen Ilsenine and Crystal stand before the Court of Aurora, gazing out past Aurora, as if Elysium beyond can show the truth of the coming battles. Hanna, Mirajane and Ram await patiently meanwhile, leading ranks of celestials and elves, three shining beacons unbowed by the ordeals that lead this far. Baleruk flies restlessly around Aurora, waiting, ready. Finnegan stands in Jaela's shadow, silent and at alert, even within Aurora proper.

As you prepare...

Go ahead and set yourselves up, as well as noting where each PC will be, precisely.

For reference:

"To sum it up," Jaela goes on to say, once everyone's had a chance to pitch in, "we get in contact with Makaril and have him attack the Throne. Since we'll be staying in contact, we'll be ready to Gate Aurora over to his location as soon as he reports serious devil reinforcements or communications are suddenly cut off with him. Our allies will then be asked to establish their own beachheads; we'll either detail officers to keep in contact with them or use the Sending Orbs as needed." And how lucky they are that Aurora is capable of that, now! "Tryll and Surraruthru wanted to investigate Gar Malleous and do that ritual if at all possible, so a good time for that would be once Aurora's returned to Lifasa." She nods at the pair, adding, "If you're set on going, pick whoever you'll need for your strike team."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Well, that's an auspicious start. Thanks Yuth.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina won't be taking an active role in the initial battle unless things go fairly wrong, but given how expected that is she's lingering near the gate, in the shadow of several enormous golems that will serve as their vanguard in the initial rush. Her feet are on the ground for once rather than fluttering through the air, even though she's surrounded by beings far taller, her arms crossed and her expression blank.

Anastasia

As Afina stands there, she hears the wind move. On it, a phantasm of memory, "Get 'em." Lief? It sounds like Lief's voice, a moment of wistful unreality amid tense waiting.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She closes her eyes a moment in the wake of that, neck bending in a slight nod. For those that didn't make it to see this day, the beginning of Lifasa's liberation. They can't fail.

Nephrite

For his part, Moore flies in place. He isn't entirely sure where he's going to be assigned as of currently, but he'll be damned if he's going to let anyone nearby him fail today.

I think he might've been assigned to counter whoever was going after Harkin if/when he shows up, but otherwise he'll just go wherever needs some boosting.

Anastasia

As Moore floats there, Ilsenine looks his way. She smiles at him, stoic mask breaking for one beautiful moment. In the light of angels and Elysium she seems to glow, meeting Moore's gaze and nodding to him.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru sits regally, his newly changed Chaos Diamond scales glittering and refracting light insanely as he waits to try and fix the ley lines of his world.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Tryll is off to the side, conferring with Surraruthru, Tepen, Sylvie, and the other irrigo in order to devise a plan of attack on the ley line nexus.

Calleigh is being a morale officer! Calleigh is flitting about and playfully dodging Kirna's familiar who has doubtlessly changed his name again. A bit of cheering of the troops is interrupted by a fly-by of Rosa's head which leaves a flower in her hair, and then she's off again.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Kascha comes over to Surraruthru, "How pretty," she murmurs to him, "Let's do this and win, Surru."

Meanwhile Sylvie glances at Tryll, expression solemn. "Hey Tryll," she says. "Do me a favor?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore offers Ilsenine a smile and a nod himself.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

"Watch Calleigh's back," Sylvie says, "I have a bad feeling she'll get into trouble."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Of course. We'll be taking every precaution. Neither of us is interested in permanent death or disfigurement today.' Tryll is fully visible right now, and gestures toward Calleigh with a tendril, 'She's doing her part, and I will do mine. And we will do ours, together. Once we are successful at the nexus, we'll rejoin the Aurora forces where we are able. If necessary, I will extract us back to the gates here. A meaningless death would serve no one today, and heroic sacrifices are for bard's tales. Now, how do you think we should approach this?'