News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Tiamat, Queen of Dragons (Afina, Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, January 10, 2018, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

This is not the schooling by a few Tiamat would consider beneath her that Jaela hoped to see, but an intervention of divine power. Still, Jaela doesn't even consider feeling a shred of disappointment, as the important thing here is to drive the dragon goddess away from Lifasa.

"You will gain nothing more through your tantrum," she tells Tiamat. "It's over. Get the hell out of our world!"

Her feelings of gratitude for the gathered deities supporting them are tinged with regret when directed at Bahamut, but should come through without anything to be said all the same. That's how gods work, from her experience. As Tryll's Sending arrives, she doesn't react outwardly, except to send back, 'Understood. Help is on the way.'
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Make an Intimidate check, Jaela. +50 circumstance bonus.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru hops into the telepathic conversations,'There's another mobile battle fortress here at Gar-Melleos. Seems they like the functionality of Aurora enough to copy the idea. From the magic I'm seeing on it, it's got powerful attacks built in. Anyone up for cracking another one of these open?'
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru follows up his notice to everyone, 'Taelfagn was an illusion here. It seems like they know what I'm trying to do and are using it to bait us into a trap. But what concerning devil's isn't a trap? In any case it was an illusion of him. He could be anywhere.'
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

20:10 <Lucille> roll 1d20+50+50+15 intimidate!
20:10 <Rei-chan> Lucille rolled : 1d20+50+50+15 intimidate! --> [ 1d20=18 ]{133}

Anastasia

Tiamat glares down in fury at the party as Baleruk roars back. All five heads rear up again, as if to breathe. There is a terrible moment when you feel Tiamat's power, seeming to draw everything from the air in - and then she is gone. The broken sky is again visible.

Also a good time for a high roll, Jaela. DC was 125, so it wasn't a shoe in. Tiamat's ego being bruised was enough to make logic only part of the choice, but you gave her the last push she needed to not risk confronting all of her fellow deities as well as the three of you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A snap of her fingers summons a massive Jaela nearly three hundred feet tall, towering over the battlefield! The image poses triumphantly with Gae Buidhe, proclaiming in a deafening tone, "Tiamat was driven away from our world! Our friends and patrons are watching, and they stand with us here! This battle, the same as the Throne, is ours!"

Persistent image. The message doesn't loop, though my hologram will remain there for the duration.

Since Tiamat was a scary modifier for the devil commanders, perhaps this will help our side or demoralize theirs?

Ebiris

There's nothing else to fight and she's of limited use right now anyway. 'I'm returning to station on Aurora,' she reports via telepathic link, flying back down to the fortress. Hopefully they don't actually run into Taelfagn or Gathgorian at least for another hour, though a day would be even better!

Anastasia

Make a second Intimidate check, Jaela. +20 circumstance since Tiamat fled.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

21:26 <Lucille> roll 1d20+50+20+15 still scary!
21:26 <Rei-chan> Lucille rolled : 1d20+50+20+15 still scary! --> [ 1d20=3 ]{88}

Anastasia

Jaela's illusion is cast over the battlefield as Aurora's forces rally. As you see the devils scatter, a surge and counter breaking devil formations. You see Afina flying back down in the meantime.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela makes her way to Gisfal, asking of Vul'lath, 'Please confirm with Tryll and Surraruthru as to whether they need reinforcements.' It's best to be sure, after several rapidfire conflicting communications.

Anastasia

'I will,' Vul'lath sends back.

Okay. Afina, you're going back to the Lifasa topic. Jaela, you're going to a new topic
<Afina> Forever.