Tiamat, Queen of Dragons (Afina, Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, January 10, 2018, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Few challenge Afina and Jaela as they rise up towards Tiamat's avatar. No, devils seem almost giddy to part away, letting you pass to the Queen of Dragons without a fight. The World Destroyer flies heavy in the sky as the two of you approach.

"AURORA!" she bellows, voice shaking all the world.

"NO!" Baleruk rises up with you, bellowing a challenge back, "IF YOU HAVE NOT COME TO BOW TO MY PRISMATIC GREATNESS, THAN I SHALL HUMBLE YOU LIKE A DOG!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina flies in to flank Baleruk for the moment, approaching openly though that'll change soon. She hastes him and Jaela as they rise and adds her own cutesy voice to the battlecries. "For Lifasa, we will prevail!"

CL 27 haste for friends.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Afina 383+20/383
active spells: glaciante's spiteful ward (CL 29 attached to epic mage armour), heroes feast (CL 20), mind blank (CL 17), fortunate fate (CL 15), planar tolerance (CL 7), epic mage armour (CL 27), many moments of prescience (CL 29), greater heroism (CL 25), afina's perfect vision (CL 27), shield (CL 27), interplanar telepathic bond (CL 26), strength of dragon princess (CL 28), mind of dragon princess (CL 28), agility of dragon princess (CL 28), endurance of dragon princess (CL 28), beauty of dragon princess (CL 28), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), energy immunity (sonic) (CL 26), energy immunity (acid) (CL 26), haste (CL 27)
defences: AC 103 (touch 65), spell resistance 42, immunity to fire, water, earth, cold, sonic, acid, disease, poison, fear, mind-affecting, critical hits, 50% miss chance, freedom of movement
perceptions: blindsight 200, low-light vision, darkvision 60, all-around vision, see invisible/ethereal, spot +70, listen +70
spell slots: 6/9/10/7/6/9/9/8/8/8/7/5/3

Corwin

"For Lifasa," Jaela agrees, twirling Gae Buidhe before the artifact's tip points at Tiamat's centermost maw. "Withdraw or you'll never live this down, bitch!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[22:20] <@Lisa> roll 1d20+19
[22:20] <Rei-chan> Lisa rolled : 1d20+19 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{26}

Ebiris

[20:22] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+34+29 gonna blow a moment of prescience here. Dragon init sucks but deity init is good so playing the odds.
[20:22] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+34+29 gonna blow a moment of prescience here. Dragon init sucks but deity init is good so playing the odds. --> [ 1d20=5 ]{68}

Afina 383+20/383
active spells: glaciante's spiteful ward (CL 29 attached to epic mage armour), heroes feast (CL 20), mind blank (CL 17), fortunate fate (CL 15), planar tolerance (CL 7), epic mage armour (CL 27), many moments of prescience (CL 29), greater heroism (CL 25), afina's perfect vision (CL 27), shield (CL 27), interplanar telepathic bond (CL 26), strength of dragon princess (CL 28), mind of dragon princess (CL 28), agility of dragon princess (CL 28), endurance of dragon princess (CL 28), beauty of dragon princess (CL 28), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), energy immunity (sonic) (CL 26), energy immunity (acid) (CL 26), haste (CL 27)
defences: AC 103 (touch 65), spell resistance 42, immunity to fire, water, earth, cold, sonic, acid, disease, poison, fear, mind-affecting, critical hits, 50% miss chance, freedom of movement
perceptions: blindsight 200, low-light vision, darkvision 60, all-around vision, see invisible/ethereal, spot +70, listen +70
spell slots: 6/9/10/7/6/9/9/8/8/8/7/5/3
2 moments of prescience left.

Corwin

I'm not flat-footed and will attempt to counterspell attempts to debuff us (I should autopass spellcraft for this) or instakills if the gods are allowed to have those, but not any other spells.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+5 Baleruk
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+5 Baleruk --> [ 1d20=11 ]{16}
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+34 Tiamat's avatar --> [ 1d20=5 ]{39}

Init is Afina (68) > Tiamat's Avatar (39) > Jaela (26) > Baleruk (16)

Afina opens.

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

So just how big is Tiamat and how far are we away from her 'space' in terms of squares she occupies and can be attacked in?

edit: Also, taking 10 for 61 on arcana/planes, is this thing likely to have evasion?

Anastasia

She is vaster than you can adequately express, taking up the entire sky from above.

You are thousands of feet away from her, flying up fast.

Due to her size she can be attacks in tons of places if you get close enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

You do not believe it has evasion because size if nothing else.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'm going in," Afina says, abruptly accelerating herself to stupendous speeds!

12th level slot for 7 rounds of time stop.
Round 1: Dimension door 1480 feet up. Fly 60 feet up.
Round 2: Dimension door 1480 feet up. Fly 60 feet up. Presumably I'm
Round 3: Cast planar bubble.
Round 4: Cast elemental swarm (air)

[20:37] <@Ebiris> roll 2d4 large air elementals
[20:37] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 2d4 large air elementals --> [ 2d4=5 ]{5}

Round 5: Cast Summon Monster X for 1d4+1 huge storm elementals.

[20:38] <@Ebiris> roll 1d4+1 huge storm elementals
[20:38] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d4+1 huge storm elementals --> [ 1d4=4 ]{5}

Round 6: Cast Summon Monster X for 1d4+1 huge storm elementals

[20:39] <@Ebiris> roll 1d4+1 huge storm elementals
[20:39] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d4+1 huge storm elementals --> [ 1d4=3 ]{4}

Round 7: Cast Limited Wish to boost the ability of Afina's next spell to penetrate spell resistance.

Suddenly Afina is visible as a tiny dot under Tiamat's vast scaled bulk, fourteen cloudy elementals radiating off of her position like spokes. Nine of them pulse with thunder and lightning...

[20:41] <@Ebiris> roll 9#8d6 sonic damage
[20:41] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 9#8d6 sonic damage --> [ 8d6=25 ]{25}, [ 8d6=27 ]{27}, [ 8d6=20 ]{20}, [ 8d6=25 ]{25}, [ 8d6=29 ]{29}, [ 8d6=35 ]{35}, [ 8d6=31 ]{31}, [ 8d6=23 ]{23}, [ 8d6=21 ]{21}

DC 24 fort halves

[20:41] <@Ebiris> roll 16#8d6 electricity damage
[20:41] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 16#8d6 electricity damage --> [ 8d6=26 ]{26}, [ 8d6=24 ]{24}, [ 8d6=31 ]{31}, [ 8d6=17 ]{17}, [ 8d6=23 ]{23}, [ 8d6=36 ]{36}, [ 8d6=28 ]{28}, [ 8d6=27 ]{27}, [ 8d6=22 ]{22}, [ 8d6=30 ]{30}, [ 8d6=25 ]{25}, [ 8d6=22 ]{22}, [ 8d6=22 ]{22}, [ 8d6=32
[20:41] <Rei-chan> ]{32}, [ 8d6=29 ]{29}, [ 8d6=31 ]{31}

DC 24 ref halves

But that's a sideshow as Afina focuses her magic and...

[20:42] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100 spell failure chance
[20:42] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d100 spell failure chance --> [ 1d100=9 ]{9}

Nothing happens!

-1 11th level slot for a failed attempt at contagious fireburst there.

For the record, what bonus to SR checks does the limited wished assay spell resistance give, since it'll still be in effect for when I do get a spell off.

edit: Also that uses up her daily use of Fire Apotheosis since it was tacked onto the fireburst too.

Afina 383+20/383
active spells: glaciante's spiteful ward (CL 29 attached to epic mage armour), heroes feast (CL 20), mind blank (CL 17), fortunate fate (CL 15), planar tolerance (CL 7), epic mage armour (CL 27), many moments of prescience (CL 29), greater heroism (CL 25), afina's perfect vision (CL 27), shield (CL 27), interplanar telepathic bond (CL 26), strength of dragon princess (CL 28), mind of dragon princess (CL 28), agility of dragon princess (CL 28), endurance of dragon princess (CL 28), beauty of dragon princess (CL 28), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), magic tattoo (CL 24), energy immunity (sonic) (CL 26), energy immunity (acid) (CL 26), haste (CL 27), planar bubble (CL 27)
spell slots: 6/9/10/7/4/9/9/6/8/8/5/4/3
2 moments of prescience left.

Anastasia

What level can limited wish mimic here for you?

Afina throws all her power out - yet her spell crumbles to dust, while sonic and lightning wrack Tiamat...to no impact whatsoever. The draconic avatar ignores the attacks like water under the bridge, not the slightest sign of damage. "PERISH!" Tiamat bellows as fire, acid, gas, cold and lightning strike down, in columns big enough to consume a kingdom.

A cold wind blows, blowing aside the gas.

"Has Hell not failed enough? Hell has lost, Tiamat."

Auril's voice speaks on the wind, an involuntary shiver going throughout you. "I am interested in this world. Hell will not have it."

Blocked it may be, but starlight still shines down from the ruined sky. In this light, the cold winds dissolve into harmless mist.

"Afina is mine, Tiamat. Her world is under my protection now."

A slash of a three-pronged spear from nowhere, slicing apart the acid like paper.

"Bel has gone too far. We are not bound in this struggle and we will not allow you to interfere."

The glimmer of a sunlight, sky blocked but nonetheless golden sunshine shines, dissolving the lightning like it's merely fluff.

"You know better, Tiamat. After all, who do you think rallied us here?"

A roar of draconic defiance, the flames snuffed out in the wake of them.

"Baleruk is an abomination, but I will not stand by and allow you to interfere unchecked, Tiamat. It is not my duty to stand by and enable your wickedness."

The Fivefold Breath of Tiamat is stopped, sparing all those below. The five heads turn and stare down at the three of you, fury radiating off each of them. "You protect the abomination, Bahamut?"

"No, I protect Lifasa. Leave or face down defeat."

All your befriending pays off her in a big way, especially mending fences with Bahamut. Chance to react, you two.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

6th level arcane

Afina's face screws up in disappointment at her spell's failure after all that preparation, bracing herself to dodge for her very life against the counter-attack she's now invited... but safety comes from quarters welcome and unexpected!

"I won't forget this!" she calls out, a promise of restitution for each of the deities to have lent their strength for her and Lifasa just now.

Yuthirin

Through the clash of gods, Tryll's mental voice comes clear, 'Attention Aurora command: Taelfagn appears to have taken the field at Gar-Malleos. We are moving to engage. Assistance is requested.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?