News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

A new grove (Surraruthru)

Started by Anastasia, March 07, 2018, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

1) The crystal tree and grove being claimed as his.

Just going start from the top with you. Say so if this is a problem since your stuff may be interlinked more than I realize.

"Surru."

Kascha is dressed for battle, just in case, standing as you finish checking over your hoard. "Are you ready? Also, I have something for you."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Spells renewed? Assuming a new day, but don't think it was ever specifically stated.

"I am. Thank you for coming. I think we'll have to do something to attune you to the Grove so the locals don't avoid you. When we get locals. What is it you have?"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

It is and was, yes. Full spells.

Kascha takes it out - a leather bound tome. "An enemy spellbook," she says, "I think you'd like it, wouldn't you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, well, well. Most suitable indeed. Once I establish the Grove, I'm going to work on a library. This will be a welcome first contribution. It'll have a special place. Thank you. And in return, you'll have free access to both the Grove and Library. Your descendents too. As long as they present themselves for evaluation."

Anastasia

Kascha laughs as she passes it over, "Yes, yes. If for no other reason than you don't make it too big a mess."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Says the woman who spills food everywhere like a savage."

Surraruthru smirks as he heads out.

Anastasia

Warm and happy arguing follows as...

Where are you heading?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Crystal tree/Grove. Can portal there if need be, or whatever.

Anastasia

Deep in Lifasa there are no signs of Gar Malleos. No sign of the devils, the fire or the ice that opposed you before. Now it is simply Lifasa as you fly down. You find your tree waiting for you, having expanded into a large, fully grown tree. It pulses with energy in the same beat as the power of Lifasa pulses through you. Crystalline growths of every color fill the cavern, a rainbow strobing of various lights and colors.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Excellent. It's taken firm root. Let me inspect it and then we can survey the area. Need to find suitable areas for the hydras."

Surraruthru inspects the tree, trying to figure out what effects and special properties it might have.

Anastasia

Spellcraft. Also refresh me on your aims here so I'm clear on them.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Spellcraft:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+57 : 7 + 57, total 64[/blockquote]

Goal is to establish ownership and find suitable areas for a den/hoard, and for the hydras. Also going to have to set up a bunch of protections, but that's sorta background stuff. At some point, after I figure the demi-plane out, I'll set up a connection between the Grove and it. After that, move the hydras here and see if that other faerie dragon wants a place here. Rosen-something, got it in notes at home.

Anastasia

It looks to be connected to Lifasa's life energy directly, giving it a tremendous amount of power. It should give it a great deal of power over the terrain as well as being something to help fuel magic, used reasonably and wisely.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Interesting. It can exert control over the local area, and be used to provide power. We'll survey the area for the most suitable areas for the hydras and then I'll figure out how to maximize those areas for them. I think I'll also tie the protective spells into the tree... Probably the cafeteria spell as well. In a limited fashion, maybe. I don't want to infringe on the natural cycle too much, but I don't want the hydras to eat me out of house and grove, either."

Anastasia

Kascha nods slowly, "Hmm...yes, yes," she says, "I see how you could do that. Some magic for renovations around the energy and this should work. It's a magically potent place and a ley line as well."
<Afina> Forever.