News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

The next crusade (Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, March 09, 2018, 07:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Soon enough your family plus Mei gathers in Aurora. These days, Aurora is busy but less so, people going more than coming. Lifasa is ahead and people go out to find lives there, to find what was stolen by Hell.

This morning it's all of you in your suite. Hanna sits in a chair, patting a lap sized 27 who sits on her lap (naturally). Ram leans against the wall and looks out a window, watching people go about in the courtyard. Mirajane sits and smiles, seemingly content to wait. Mei merely sits on the floor, waiting for you patiently. Mirima is resting near her, though she uses a chair.

Ball is in your court.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"It's not a surprise that we're going through a downtime," Jaela says, herself seated in a comfortable armchair. "At present, I'm the only general that's committed to staying with Aurora, but Gisfal, Afina and Ithea might return in the future after their sabbaticals. There's no shortage of goals, either, though we'll have to find something more specific than 'opposing devils' or 'stopping Shar'. So while Moore's busy recruiting in Brightwater and everyone figures out what they want to do next, I wanted to take care of something I've been putting off for a while."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Oh," Mirima asks, voice rich and teasing. "What goal is that, Jaela?"

"Are you getting made into an honest woman?" Hanna asks with a hint of a smile.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela grins. "There's plenty time to figure that stuff out. I'm establishing a permanent residence at the site of the Great Tree as soon as I figure out how I want my castle to look like, and the Triune gave special dispensation for all of us to stay on Lifasa regardless of the usual planar laws regarding Primes. You won't let me stay in a large, empty castle by my lonesome for the times Aurora is on Lifasa, are you?"

Anastasia

Mirajane smiles, "No, I suppose we won't...will we?"

Chuckling, "Then we won't," Ram says, "I'm in no hurry to get back to Arborea."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm hoping Lifasa can become the Graceful Blow's new home," Jaela continues, before nodding at Mei. "Just like I'm hoping we can reestablish our Order here. It might not show results right away, but it can't hurt to take a long-term look at this."

Anastasia

"My world is unfavorable for me," Mirima says, "Damn the dwarves and humans. We're not against it at the least, but it's a matter I'd need to bring to the full Graceful Blow."

Mei nods, and in a soft, beautiful voice, "I'd like that," she says, with a shy smile.

"Eh?" Hanna's head whips around to Mei, followed by Ram and Mirima doing likewise. Mirajane just smiles a little more, like a cat with a canary.

"The One that is Three chose to free me of my vow," Mei's voice captures the heart and senses the way Moore's or Ebony's can, a faint blush on her cheeks. "She revealed that my voice no longer need be reserved and sacrificed to speak the Words of the Triune."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela can't help it, she laughs. She might have wanted to bring up a quest for her closest friends and family, but that can wait a bit longer, can't it? Maybe that's what Lathander meant.

"Then we're in debt to her, because it's lovely," Jaela tells Mei earnestly. "Why are we cooped up inside on this lovely day, anyhow? Let's go to Lifasa."

Anastasia

"Wait," Hanna says, "Before that...so what's the next crusade?"

Mei just blushes brightly, Ram grinning.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Well... I don't like it when those people in a bad spot get taken advantage of. And there's one particular undead that I wanted to deal with, since it's the sort of thing he does. Not Lixer, by the way, because Lixer is a loser. Though raiding his home did land us Hell's files on the First Vampire, and I've got a good working relationship with the best planar library that keeps track of such things. I think we could track him down and put an end to him."

Anastasia

"I'm in," Hanna says right away, perking up.

Ram smiles, "It sounds like a heck of a fight."

Mirajane clears her throat, "IT will be many things, but boring it won't be. I'd be glad to help."

Mei nods firmly and adds, "Let's go for that, Jaela."

Finally, Mirima says, "It sound thrilling," she says, "When shall we begin?"

27 looks to you and gives you a faint nod, watching.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Much as she'd like to make a dramatic statement about starting now, Jaela would like to think she matured some during the campaign to free Lifasa.

"Once we deal with the immediate things on Lifasa," she answers, "which means people can start resettling it and don't lack for the basic necessities. Once we make sure that's taken care of, and our new home on Lifasa is being constructed properly, we'll be able to head out without worry."

Anastasia

"Then...let's get going to that," Hanna rises, carrying 27 in her arms.

"Let's," Ram says, "Hey Mom, can I start calling 27 brother, because you look like you're mothering him."

Laughter follows all around at that, even Mei laughing.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela joins in the laughter, leading the way outside. The best way to start on this task is to get hands on, and luckily she is surrounded by family that won't leave her do this all on her own.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.