News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103074.msg1076897.html#msg1076897

Do you cast divine spells with this, or are they SLAs of divine spells as per arcane dilettante?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Sanzha is missing a lvl24 epic feat, I believe because one of her preexisting ones got replaced with Divine Bard's bonus feats. I recommend Epic Toughness.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 10, 2020, 01:29:13 PM
Sanzha is missing a lvl24 epic feat, I believe because one of her preexisting ones got replaced with Divine Bard's bonus feats. I recommend Epic Toughness.

She has it, it's Extra Spell in non epic feats. I haven't chosen a spell yet, I need to go through and adjust people's spells. I'll probably do that tonight. Anyway, it's a prereq for her.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 10, 2020, 01:09:51 PM
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103074.msg1076897.html#msg1076897

Do you cast divine spells with this, or are they SLAs of divine spells as per arcane dilettante?

SLAs, as the clause about it otherwise being as arcane dilettante applies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 07, 2020, 03:30:30 PM
Just some spitball ideas for 13th/14th level healing spells.

Mass Greater Heal
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 14, Drd 15, Hlr 14, Pal 13, Rgr 15
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: One or more creatures, no two of which can be more than 60 ft. apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions like greater heal, except as noted above. The maximum number of hit points restored to each creature is 600.

(this one might make more sense at a lower level? 13 maybe instead of 14?) Mass Lunar Healing is the same level but heals for less, but I think I think Lunar Healing is more specialized? YMMV on whether you want the higher numbers. I don't have an objection to the numbers being lowered.

It works fine RAW based off greater heal, it's just a bit boring at that point. Most epic healing spells do something else or otherwise raise the stakes. For example, one of Moradin's spells:

DM NOTE: BETA. Posted to illustrate a point.. Nothing in this is final yet or official.

Life of the Earth
Conjuration (Healing) [Earth]
Level: Clr 12, Drd 13
Components: V, S, DF
Range: Short (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Targets: One creature/level
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

All targets of this spell heal 10 hit points per caster level, to a maximum of 400 hit points. The strength of stones flows into targets at the same time, which grants them a +4 morale bonus to Constitution, so long as they're in contact with the ground.

I don't have any real problem with mass greater heal if that's what you want, I just think it could stand to get a little more punch rather than escalating the healing stakes. I mean, at this point, healing's on lockdown by anyone who invests in it much. I just think it's better off going for breadth and depth rather than more oomph by itself.

QuoteShield of the Archangels
Abjuration/Conjuration (Healing) [Good]
Level: Clr 14, Hlr 14
Components: V, S, DF
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell draws on the power of the Archangels to bolster a creature against evil. This spell causes a bright, golden shield to appear, hovering near the creature. The shield sheds light as a daylight spell. This shield interposes itself on any attack the creature suffers, giving them a +21 shield bonus to armor class, which also works against incorporeal and touch attacks against evil creatures. In addition, this shield is so sanctified that it pulses positive energy. Every round, the shield restores 7d7 hit points plus 1 per caster level (Maximum 35) to all allies within 70 feet, undead within the radius are damaged instead.

+21 shield AC is an overshoot, particularly with extremely good fast healing (or a facsimile of it, anyway). For reference, Superior Vigor, a homebrewed 8th level spell, gives fast healing 8 for a heap of rounds (45 max) rather than a minute/level. The numbers overshot for the level.

I'd probably make a sanctified spell with a sacrifice component and scale downwards or otherwise adjust it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Latha's spells are adjusted for Wisdom 40 as well as divine rank. Antenora also has a note of her caster level bonus for caster level checks from divine rank, as does Latha. This is more important for Latha, as Antenora rarely used spells that hit against that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Xandra's spells per day are updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Did a few minor adjustments/typo corrections for Alyssa's node's spells, but none of them need changes. I imagine that's going to change very soon in a good way.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl's spells are updated. She gained a few charges, nothing serious. She lost a 10th level charge - that looks like a typo since supporting material was correct, just the listed number was one too high.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sanzha's SLAs are added. Spells for her are next and that's a big one, so I'm gonna take my evening walk first and hit after that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on March 06, 2020, 10:16:06 PM
Quote from: Corwin on March 06, 2020, 05:40:49 PM
QuotePaladin (Complete Champion): Holy Warrior
   By giving up your spellcasting ability, you gain  access  to  bonus  feats much  as  a  fighter  does. This  choice  does  not,  however, close you off from divine influence—in fact, several of these feats actually increase your divine power.
   Level:  1st. 
   Replaces:  To  select this  class feature,  you must  sacrifice  your spellcasting  ability. 
   Benefit:  You  no  longer  gain  spells  as  a  paladin,  but  you  can  now  select  a  bonus  feat  at  4th,  8th,  11th,  and  14th  levels.  You  can  select  any  feat  from  the  following  list for which you meet the prerequisites:  any divine  feat  (see  page  53),  Cleave,  Extra  Smitingcw,  Extra  Turning,  Great  Cleave,  Improved  Smiting™,  Mounted  Combat,  Mounted  Archery,  Power Attack,  Ride-By Attack,  Skill  Focus  (Ride),  Spirited  Charge,  and Trample.  This  is  an  extraordinary  ability. 
   Special:  A paladin who  selects this path  can  no longer use scrolls, wands, or other magic items that require  access  to a spell list, unless she has another spellcasting class that grants  access to the appropriate spells.

Dune, would you accept Toughness, Darkstalker, Deft Opportunist and Whirlwind Attack as legitimate feats for this?

Yes to Toughness and Whirlwind Attack (since the feat prereqs are houseruled down so that's not an issue, no to the other two.

Got a follow-up question. What about the Holy Warrior reserve feat from Complete Champion? Is it eligible for the feats under the Holy Warrior ACF (lots of holy warriors)?

Spoiler: ShowHide
Holy Warrior
( Complete Champion, p. 60)

[Reserve]

Your zeal on the battlefield allows you to deal extra damage in combat.
Prerequisite

Ability to cast 4th-level spells, access to the War domain,
Benefit

As long as you have a 4th-level or higher War domain spell available to cast, you gain a bonus on your weapon damage rolls equal to the level of the highest-level War spell you have available to cast. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting force spells.

Anastasia

I'd allow it if you serve (or are) a war deity.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Okay, so I dropped Power Attack, Divine Might, Extra Aura and Quicken Spell and reshuffled a couple feats accordingly. Grabbed Darkstalker, Toughness and Easy Metamagic: Widen, Twin, Enhance (the last feat slot got freed from Time granting me Improved Init).

DvR6 gave me the Time domain, the Goldenfire Magic SDA and the Extra Domain SDA (Dragon)