News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Kascha reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's set into her class.

- Ghaele 38 and Wyrm Wizard 28.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 21 hit points and a grand total of 824 hit points.
- +1 BAB for +38 total. Yes, Kascha has full BAB. Isn't that funny?
- +1 spell resistance for 53.
- Gets another spell from spell research. Kascha selects Feed the Inferno as an interesting option.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 38th level wizard spellcasting. This is another 15th level spell per day. Yep, it's Feed the Inferno. Surprise.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.

Okay level. Sort of a bridge level for her. She's still Kascha, you know what she can do and that's spells. So many spells. Melee not so much, but spells she has plenty of.

- Updated Kascha's build chart.
- Kascha's node goal is good. She hasn't had much screentime lately, but this one's pretty doable with just some IC conversation with the right people.
- Updated Kascha's spoiler block.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Okay, rest of Seira's node tomorrow evening along with loot. I intend to run Friday no matter what, but it may just be a big set up post per node for everyone to get going with. Depends on how tomorrow goes.

Speaking of, have you gotten your level up done Yuth and Cor?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 29, 2021, 08:40:01 AM
Yep

Cool, got a level up summary by any chance?

Also tomorrow will be a mix of leveling up and starting you all back up. Probably just one big post each to get things going as I can. I probably won't get any levels done tonight due to being zapped after fasting and then getting a bunch of blood drawn. Also the NFL draft is on, which I forgot to provision for.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sure. I went Prismatic Dragon 3//War Wizard 2, so nothing new this level.

BAB, saves, CL, SR, DC for frightful presence that I never use, for breath weapon that I do use and stunning fist that I forget to use all rose by 1.
No surprises among skills.
I got a bonus epic metamagic feat from WW2, which I covered in previous posts. Basically, Enhance Spell is now at 0 cost which is useful for pushing old spells past their limits.
Got one more lvl15 spell slot, but being a wizard that doesn't matter that much. Reworked my spells a bit to remove the Enhance Spell bit from them and recombine them in other metamagics. Fun times.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

SDA for Alyssa. It's a little borderline, it came out crazier than I anticipated and went through a few drafts, but we're going to try it and see how it goes. If it is broken we'll work out something different instead.

SPELL TRANSFERENCE
Prerequisite: Magic Domain, Travel Domain
Benefit: Alyssa has dominion over magic, and she can both absorb and transfer the spells she absorbs for her own benefit. Whenever she is targeted by a spell or affected by an area spell, she gains a number of spell levels equal to 1/2 of the spell's level. As a swift action, she may use these absorbed spell levels to replenish her own magic or the magic of an ally within 60ft. This may restore a spell slot previously expended (for wizards and clerics) or a spell charge previously expended (for sorcerers or bards). This requires a number of spell levels equal to the spell slot or charge restored. Alyssa can hold a number of spell levels equal to her hit dice. Note that this ability applies to spells and not spell-like abilities. Absorbed spell levels last until used or 30 minutes pass.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I intend to get Seira levels ups done tonight hopefully, but it might spill into Sunday depending on how sleepy I get.

Loot Sundayish, I have a Seira post and a small Aliciapost to make there.

At some point check over level ups and carry over any more custom content that hasn't been finalized yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Elle reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's fine.

- Wizard 38 and Dragon Disciple 28.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 25 hit points and a grand total of 982 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +28.
- +1 spell resistance to 53.
- +1 school mastery for +38 damage total.
- +1 natural armor.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 38th level wizard spellcasting. It's 2 15th level spells. She'll grab another Starbeam and a maximized Radiant storm.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Intensify Spell(W38) is her new feat.

Solid level. Defensive mage continues to work well for her, lots of AC and HP are joined by even more magic. Really it's a good flavor for her.  No complaints, it's a nice twist on the formula.

- Updated Elle's build chart.
- Elle's node goal is good. We'll discuss it soon.
- Updated Elle's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Donald reaches level 38.

Quick check, does he need to mu-hahahahahah. No. We all know that, moving on.

- Duskblade 38 and Prismatic Dragon payoff level 4.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 24 hit points and a grand total of 971 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +38.
- +1 CL of SLAs.
- Gains 38th level duskblade casting. This is 10th level spell per day as well as a new spell known. He selects energy immunity.
- All saves rise by 1.

Slow level but the prismatic dragon payoff is finally done. Whew. He can get back to DD or something else next level. He may also get a custom spell, I want to get back in the habit of making those. It's needed and I'd like to marshal the energy to do it.

- Updated Donald's build chart.
- Donald's node goal is good and his goal may come up shortly anyway.
- Updated Donald's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ranbar reaches level 38.

- Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's in factotum-alikes for life.

- Cloistered Cleric 38 and Perfectus 28.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 23 hit points and a grand total of 890 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 26.
- +1 lore for 50.
- +1 inspiration for 30.
- Maximum level for arcane dilettante is now 12 and gains another spell. That's flux grasp for variety's sake.
- Gains 38th level cleric spellcasting. That's another 15th level spell per day. Ranbar goes with a barraged antimagic zone.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Feats! Ranbar goes with Feats: Armor Skin(C38), Epic Font of Inspiration(P28).

Okayish level. Mostly a general improvement for her, nice but it just lacked pop, I suppose. Still fine for what it needed to be.

- Updated Ranbar's build chart.
- Ranbar's node goal is good. Fairly new and decent.
- Updated Ranbar's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yaaay, all clear.

I still have some loot to do, a single small Eb post - by the way let me know with a post what you're doing with that latest post in loot, Eb - and also a Seirapost. That'll be for tomorrow morning before session.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added Miranda's new epic feats to the epic level rules thread, along with revision. The final versions are below. The language on Barrier Pierce is something I may tighten up again later. Also added Honeydip's custom feat.

Epic Dispelling Shot [Epic]
Prerequisite: Greater Dispelling Shot
Benefit: Your dispel check for greater dispelling shot gains a +2 bonus.
Special: You may select this feat more than once. Its benefits stack.

Improved Dispelling Shot [Epic]
Prerequisite: Epic Dispelling Shot, dex 25
Benefit: Your dispelling shots ignore miss chance from spells, such as from a blur or displacement spell. Spells that produce multiple illusory targets, such as mirror image, do not affect your dispelling shot.

Barrier Piercer [Epic]
Prerequisite: Epic Dispelling Shot
Benefit: Your dispelling shots ignore various magical barriers that would normally stop them, such as wind wall, wall of force, solid fog, prismatic wall or prismatic sphere, so long as they were cast by one of your favored enemies. This does not apply to barriers created by spells with an instantaneous duration.

Honeydip's Charge [Epic]
Prerequisite: Dire Charge, Superior Initiative, dex 25
Benefit: When you charge and a creature makes an attack of opportunity against you, that creature is denied their dexterity bonus to armor class until the beginning of your next turn. Creatures with uncanny dodge are immune to the effects of this feat.

The following spells were added to the collection: Jarem's Rally, Emily's Meteor Smite, Diamondstorm.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

DM spellwork. Any comments on this one? It's a Sharran spell but interesting in how it's designed and how it can be used in both interesting ways and nasty ways by Sharrans.

Shadowfriend
Illusion (Shadow)
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: 0ft
Effect: One shadow clone
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell allows you to create a perfect clone of any creature. This clone is identical to the creature and believes itself to be that creature. It is solid and able to touch, feel and live as any other creature. It has all the knowledge of the creature as well. In all respects it seems like a perfect copy of the original creature, one that may never suspect it isn't the original creature.

In reality, this is an illusion given intellect and form, nothing more than a sentient shadow. It does not use the statistics of the creature cloned, but instead that of a greater shadow. While it does have all the knowledge of the creature cloned, it only does up to the point that the focus was collected or otherwise left the cloned creature's body. Any knowledge protected by magic or anathemic knowledge is not retained by the clone. You can only create a clone of a creature with hit dice equal or lower than your caster level, and deities cannot be cloned with this spell. Clones created by this spell do not come with copies of any of the cloned creature's possessions.

A shadowfriend who realizes that it is an illusion becomes depressed and either fades away or commits suicide. This often happens when the clone attempts to use abilities the cloned creature has but it does not, such a spellcasting or various class abilities.

Focus

A scrap of flesh, a drop of blood or other body part of the creature you wish to clone.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sometimes you just need elementals fast and for a good while.

Elemental Army
Conjuration (Summoning) [see text]
Level: Drd 13
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Duration: 1 hour/level

This spell is identical to elemental swarm, except as noted here. The number of each type of elemental summoned is doubled and all elementals are summoned immediately.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, anything on those? If not, I'll move them over tomorrow morning.
<Afina> Forever.