News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

It starts with a BANG!

Started by Anastasia, April 27, 2018, 03:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Ariyis makes a disgusted sound but stays hidden, moving down the hallway. If he wishes to be loud and attract attention, he can absorb any fireballs that come his instead of her.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

"You've been here before? Will I find my items somewhere in this dungeon? What's the goal to get out? Find some treasure? The exit? Fight some monster?" Gwynn asks the little fey, given his experience with this place, as she steps out into the corridor but hangs back to observe. She's content to let the tiefling, likely a rogue given the talents she's shown so far, handle the trap finding and initial exploration while she gets her bearings.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Nothing happens as Ariyis makes her way down to the first door on the left. It's a stout wooden door, closed shut and perhaps locked.

Not a lot is going on ahead, beyond the whole gaping hole into pure void thing.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Ariyis takes a moment to listen at the door for sounds of movement while the others talk, hoping it's empty before she tests the lock.

Listen: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+19 : 10 + 19, total 29[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Ariyis hears a faint whistling sound beyond the door, like the winds howling.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Ariyis motions to the others to be quiet and listen at the door, getting ready to test and pick the lock before opening it.

Yuthirin

"Ha! I don't know!" Pavel is very boisterous for someone so small as he ambles along after the...rogue? Sneak-thief? Scout? "This is a new tactic, stealing our stuff on the way in! Usually there's treasure, probable death, strange magic, and possibly a trip to the Abyss or something strange in store. It generally gets weird."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yuth, Ariyis needed a Listen check to hear that.  I'll let it slide this time since it's the start of a game, but please remember that in the future.

Ariyis can hear the whistling get louder, a momentary howl, before rapidly growing silent.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Ariyis tests the door to see if its locked.

Merc

"Probable death you say? You've lost friends here before? How did you make your escape the last time you were here?"

Yuthirin

"You finish the dungeon. Find the end. Then you get to go home. Fail, and you die." Pavel says, "Probably. Never failed before. Assuming it's death because...slaad."

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Gwynn nods slowly. "Have you seen this slaad before? Or does it just dump one into his dungeon and is pretty hands off about it? I'm wondering if it will show itself soon, or if it deemed you enough of a...well, guide for his game, perhaps."

ooc: any knowledge check for stories about any slaad and their dungeons?

Iron Dragoon

Ariyis tries to pop the lock!

Using Clever Improviser, Disable Device:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+23 : 2 + 23, total 25[/blockquote]