News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

A New Beginning

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2018, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Calleigh flies in lazy circles above Dana's head. "Those are some serious words! Wow!"

Tryll awaits the army's decision.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+44 (+5 circumstance bonus since Tryll dropped the bomb) Intimidate
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 47 > [d20=3]

In that moment the storm stops. The snow ceases as soldiers and warriors step back, giving the two of you a wide berth. From above a single droplet of frigid water falls, becoming a column of light. From above she descends, a valkyrie clad in armor of black ice. Her arms are crossed, gaze cool. Her hair a blonde bordering on platinum white, tied back into a severe braid. Her gaze is a pale, icy blue. Snowflakes trail from her wings as she lands, "Big words, heroes of Aurora. What do you want here?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"Ooooooh, and ice valkyrie!" Calleigh croons, "So pretty!"

'We're looking for a good fight, I suppose. What else is there to do in Ysgard?' Tryll replies.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Dana just grins at this, sword and shield at the ready.

"Blood and feast...and I see no feast, do you?" The valkyrie agrees. She draws no weapon, arms crossed still.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Food!?" Calleigh pops back into corporeality, "Are you telling me there's gonna be food!?"

Anastasia

The valkyrie's expression hardens, "Child, this is no place for you." Her gaze rises to you, "Why have you brought a courre to this battlefield?"

Dana shrugs, "Calleigh's seen shit fighting with Aurora, this isn't jack shit. Your pussified fucking soldiers barely even register compared to the nightmares we've fought, beat up and pissed all over. So you gonna shut up and fight or are you gonna bitch and moan some more?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Pah! I've fought scarier stuff! I fought Taelfa-uh. Fagin! Yeah. Tailfagin. Whatever. Stupid devil names. Also Levistus! So watch out! I'm fighty!"

Anastasia

"I-"

That's all the valkyrie gets out before Dana just charges in, cutting off things with a judicious application of sheer violence. It's a battle.

Init.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"OHBOYTIMETOFIGHTKABOOM!"

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote]
Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 11 + 15, total 26[/blockquote]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+9 Dana
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=12]
> roll 1d20+15 Valkyrie
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 35 > [d20=20]

Init is Valkyrie (35) > Calleigh (26) > Tryll (22) > Dana (21)

Valkyrie opens.

Without moving a muscle the valkyrie watches all of you. From the gashes in the ground lava gushes out, great, snaking columns of it flowing at Tryll and Dana, like giant serpents aiming to consume them head first.

Reflex save, you two. Calleigh is not targeted.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+26 : 6 + 26, total 32[/blockquote]
SR?

Anastasia

It's not a spell, just lava. Which means incorporeality bails you out regardless.

> roll 1d20+38 evasion
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 43 > [d20=5]

So neither of you take damage.

The lava passes through Tryll to no effect, while Dana just grins and holds her ground. The lava freezes solid when it touches her shield, a great plume of mists as fragile hunks of volcanic glass hit the ground in front of her and shatter, fresh-frozen.

The valkyrie looks on, a moment of open surprise before...

Calleigh.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh has a crystal wand! Watch out! With a "Blam!", a snaking stream of swirling wind reaches out from Calleigh toward the Valkyrie!

Ranged touch![blockquote]Rolled 1d20+26 : 20 + 26, total 46[/blockquote]

Yuthirin

POW! Remind me, do spells crit?

Anastasia

If it makes an attack roll and a crit would be meaningful, generally yes. What spell is it?
<Afina> Forever.