News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

A New Beginning

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2018, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

More than anything else, it's the baby irrigo.

Tryll takes a break from his day's labors, watching the play splash about the surface. He floats just above the beach of an uninhabited island on Lifasa, Calleigh playing nearby. They splash and swim about, innocent and free, playing the games of childhood. Below are your homes, your places, your new life hard one from Hell's grasp. But right now that is only partially on your mind, as Gytha drifts nearby, watching them carefully.

It's a moment of peace, a moment of reward for your hard labors. In this one moment everything is good, everything is right.

"So," Nearby Dana against a palm tree, munching on a large chunk of beef jerky, "Gonna be watching the kids all day, or you got a plan for anything?" She's in her armor despite the warmth here, dry and pristine. Not a drop of sweat is on her as she eats, washing down the jerky with water. "Spring's still not tasting salty, so pretty sure it's not gonna get sea water leaking into it anytime soon."

As with the others this is pretty much just set up, a chance for you to define anything related to this and establish yourself. If you have a to do you want to begin to look into, say so. If you don't, you'll get something tossed your way since it's the beginning of the game and everyone needs a push.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Things are going quite well here.' Tryll floats calmly next to Dana, half his bulk submerged in the sand. He looks like a strange, ghostly antlion. In the distance, far in front of Dana and any children, a muted KRUMPFF! noise can be heard as a massive plume of water rockets into the sky. The water rises to nearly a hundred feet before halting in the air unmoving. It stays there for a moment before sloppily falling over, revealing itself to be ectoplasm as it rapidly fades from existence. '...bother.'

The sounds of courrish cheering can be heard.

'Well that's another thousand gold worth of deep crystal wasted. I need a better matrix. Doing this blind is rather more difficult than I'd anticipated. Do you know what a psigate is?'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Fuck no," Dana takes another big bite of jerky, "Is it like a gate, but all made with mind magic instead of Weave magic? Because that's what it sounds like." A shrug afterwards, "Go check my storage room, I have more deep crystal. The dwarves are just giving it away when I ask. Heh," Dana smirks a bit, "Being one of the world's saviors has some fucking perks to it."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Imagine an expensive location made of stone and deep crystal. Lots of artisan-carved stone and decorations. Very clandestine, psi-chic. Like something out of an adventure. At its center is a psigate. A location of wonder and tremendous power. It's a real shame that it was originally designed by complete morons.' Tryll scoffs, 'A psigate allows a psionic creature to activate the gate to obtain one of two effects. It can either allow the use of the correspond power, or it allows for a single, one-way plane shift. Afterward, the location takes an entire week to generate enough power to allow for either effect to be used again. It's possibly the most expensive shitty wand in the planes. I'm trying to make a better one based on one I saw some time ago in my travels, but really. Whoever designed them was brilliantly stupid. Incredible power, but most of it is wasted.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

These are real things from Complete Psionic. They're really stupid.

Anastasia

"Yeah?" Dana finishes off her jerky and water, putting the waterskin away. "So why don't you copy Tepen's notes and make a Psionic Gate? Same thing, less bullshit. Because that sounds like...actually, how much does a psigate cost to build?" Dana considers.

I'm not familiar with them, so I'm taking your word on it for the amusement.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Because figuring it out for myself is more fun. Also, this wouldn't just be a gate. I'm trying to build something that can be assembled into a network of gates all across Lifasa. An effort to make transportation and trade easier. Also, recolonization. As for how much? I don't know. I've just been dredging up deep crystal and stone from underground or taking it from other planes. I'm assuming that if I were a human psion...maybe a few hundred thousand gold? Anyway, I plan to make a hundred of them. Their exits would be, of course, confined to Lifasa's prime and the locations of other psigates. Just a constantly reusable Gate would be handy, though tremendously expensive. Really, I want them to be useful enough that anyone with a sentient mind can activate them, not just someone with powers.'

Anastasia

"Right," Dana kicks back, "So hey, we gonna go kick some ass or do anything today, or are you gonna fuck around with gates?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh yeah, no. That was the seventh crystal matrix I've exploded in three days. Time for a break. Let's go break something that belongs to someone else. Actually, I was hoping to go to the Beastlands and find the missing member of our cadre of ghost squids. Also, we need money. Aren't you supposed to be some sort of royalty?'

Anastasia

This gets Dana to crack an eye open, her eyes shut as she relaxes back. "Yeah, but Daddy and I don't get along. It's disrespectful for a woman to do things besides make babies, huh? Asshole." Dana huffs out. "I need to go kick his ass one day. He tried sending someone to fetch me early on in the Crusade, but Jaela and you know how that bullshit goes with her."

Meanwhile you feel it - a raw, open and forceful mental push. The push of a newborn's mind seeking others. No words formulate, only an intent broadcasted - affection.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Well. We need money. Your father has a kingdom. Probably a castle. Castles have vaults...probably vaults with insufficient defenses. If you don't like the man, blackening his eye by robbing him might suit your tast-oh that's adorable.'

Anastasia

Dana grins, "Yeah, you think so too? Shit, giving someone a black eye's great. I wouldn't use fucking adorable, but whatever."

As Dana probably says too much about her own tastes, you feel the push again. Simple, pure and innocent affection.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I thought that might interest you, but no it's not adorable. There's a newborn nearby, reaching out with affection. Can you feel it?'

Anastasia

"Oh that? Yeah," Dana gestures in the direction of the baby irrigo playing, off in the distance. She gives you a look, eyebrow raised, "I'm not gonna get pressed into mothering them, am I?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Depends. Fancy yourself the mother of a psychic squid that'll one day be the size of a house?'