News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Treasure Ship Hunt

Started by Anastasia, May 18, 2018, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"About three miles that way," Janise points downwards and to the right.

"What kind of locals?" Jarem asks, "Any encountered?"

"No, sir," Janise replies, "But we haven't gotten too close to the ship."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Mmm... They'll show up, eventually. I'm sure they'll want to claim it themselves. Or consume it. Okay, people, leave a group here to guard, this is our anchor-hold, so to speak, and we don't want to lose it. Everyone else, I want you all to get ready. Final preparations. We'll take a pause right before we hit the field to do final spells. Jarem, same for you and your people. If you have other suggestions, I'd like to hear them."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, what sort of group is going forward and how you planning proceed in the hostile environs of Ooze?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, I should be perfectly fine since I have the Amulet. Others I would expect to be able to use Planar Tolerance or Avoid Planar Effects, they're level 5 and 2 spells, respectively. As for the group, it'd depend on who/what is available, and how many. I'd say 1 cleric for every 3 or 4 people, and one of those 3 or 4 would be an Abjurer for dispelling/counterspell/buffs. The rest would just be a mix of whatever, I suppose.

Anastasia

Sounds solid. Just elaborate on your marching order here and I'll get you going.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Someone with good scouting-ish would go first, then me, then whoever else, then a cleric, then the rest. Before we leave-leave, though, long duration buffs! To make a note when I think we're close to the ship, I'd stop to do minute/level buffs.

Hour/level duration:

(Reach+Chained) Greater Magic Weapon +5, CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
I carry 5 weapons, so that'd be 16 enchantments on whoever's weapons aren't more than +5 in the group.

Spoiler: ShowHide
This spell functions like magic weapon, except that it gives a weapon an enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5).

Alternatively, you can affect as many as fifty arrows, bolts, or bullets. The projectiles must be of the same kind, and they have to be together (in the same quiver or other container). Projectiles, but not thrown weapons, lose their transmutation when used. (Treat shuriken as projectiles, rather than as thrown weapons, for the purpose of this spell.)

10 minute/level duration:

Dragonskin +5 NA, CL 30, Duration: 300 minutes.

Your skin toughens and becomes scaly like that of a chromatic dragon, of a color that you select. You gain an enhancement bonus to natural armor equal to +1 per two level (to a maximum of +5 at 10th level), as well as energy resistance 10 against the type of energy appropriate to the color you select: acid (black or green), cold (white), electricity (blue), or fire (red). Your energy resistance increases to 20 at 10th level.

Heroics (Imp. Initiative), CL 30, Duration: 300 minutes.
The heroics spell temporarily grants the subject a feat from the fighter's bonus feat list. For the duration of the heroics spell, the subject can use the feat as if it were one of those the creature had selected. All prerequisites for the feat must be met by the target of this spell.

Spell Turning, CL 30, Duration: 300 minutes.
Spells and spell-like effects targeted on you are turned back upon the original caster. The abjuration turns only spells that have you as a target. Effect and area spells are not affected. Spell turning also fails to stop touch range spells.

From seven to ten (1d4+6) spell levels are affected by the turning. The exact number is rolled secretly.

When you are targeted by a spell of higher level than the amount of spell turning you have left, that spell is partially turned. The subtract the amount of spell turning left from the spell level of the incoming spell, then divide the result by the spell level of the incoming spell to see what fraction of the effect gets through. For damaging spells, you and the caster each take a fraction of the damage. For nondamaging spells, each of you has a proportional chance to be affected.

If you and a spellcasting attacker are both warded by spell turning effects in operation, a resonating field is created.

Alyssa Songsteel
HP: 288/288
AC: 57.
Init: +11.
Spells Active: Magic Vestment (CL29) Heart of Fire (CL29), Heart of Air (CL29), Create Magic Tattoo (SR/Spellcaster Level/Attack) (CL29/25/21), Elemental Body (CL29), Mind Blank (CL29), Bibliotheca Arcana (CL29), Energy Immunity: Cold/Acid (CL29), Energy Immunity: Electricity (CL25), Energy Immunity: Sonic (CL22) Many Moments of Prescience (CL29), Epic Mage Armor (CL29), Heroics (CL30), Dragonskin (CL30), Spell Turning (CL30)
Bonuses: +10 Ground Speed (HoF), +10 Fly Speed (HoA), SR 19 (CMT), +1 Caster Level (CMT), +1 Luck Attack (CMT), +15 Insight Bonus to Knowledge checks (BA), +20 Armor Bonus (EMA), +5 Armor Bonus/Shield (MV), +4 Initiative (Heroics), +5 NA (DS)
Negative Conditions:

Anastasia

Ooze.

Even with magic keeping an air bubble around you, with the smell filtered - you see waste, filth, disgusting things. Ooze is constantly jiggling, roiling, bubbling. Like a cauldron of molten trash and worse, hunks of...things best not looked at closely littered throughout it.

React and toss a d100 for me, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d100 Dune Request
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 29 > [d100=29]

Anastasia

Your trip is largely uneventful at first. You travel along perhaps a mile, Jarem keeping his eyes open and staying close to you.

In a low voice he adds, "First time on Ooze?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "Maybe last. Not sure I really want to discover the benefits of staying here too long. Yourself?"

Anastasia

"I've heard war stories of the occasional skirmish here. It's a miserable place, where disease kills ten times as many as violence." Jarem keeps his voice down as you fly along. "The diseases are horrifying, brutal and lethal. I've heard of men vomiting themselves to death an hour, or fevers so hot that the soldier who caught it burst aflame."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Yeck. Much like the marshes I've had to wade through to find ruins. Fortunately, I learned enough from that to likely keep myself safe here. Though if we have future teams come through here, we'll have to make it a point to prepare for that. Though the flaming fever one sounds like a magical disease. How curious. I'd be interested in finding out what causes the combustion..."

Anastasia

With a dry laugh, shaking his head a bit, "Someone tried, and got the same thing. They survived because of magic, but swore off getting to the bottom of it. I'd suggest being prepared if you do."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa pulls out her notebook once again and jots something down before continuing on their way!

Anastasia

Okay, Perception for reference.
<Afina> Forever.