News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Treasure Ship Hunt

Started by Anastasia, May 18, 2018, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+42 Perception for reference
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 51 > [d20=9]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Great. Make a Fort save, too. No need if you're immune to disease.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Horizon Walker 2:
-Terrain Mastery (Marsh): You are immune to diseases.

Anastasia

Jarem doesn't auto fail saves on a 1 from a knight class power, and he can't fail this save, so no point rolling.

Within another half mile, you catch something. A minor aid, a lesser wizard coughs thrice, slowing in the air as he grimaces. He looks down at his hand and calls, "Healer!"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa motions towards him. "Check him. If he's infected, let us know if you need to get him out of here or not."

Anastasia

A red-clad cleric goes over and...

Taking 10 on Heal.

"Consumption," The cleric announces, "Fast onset. Come here, you need immediate healing."

Jarem's face tightens, "Fast onset consumption? I hope such a thing can't survive past Ooze, or it could eliminate entire villages in a day."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Pay attention, then. Learn how to counter it from practical experience, then teach others. Do you need anything special to deal with this?"

Anastasia

After a casting and observation, "No," The cleric reports, "The disease is gone. Virulent but not resistant to magical healing."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "Jarem, make sure to note and pass that information out to your clerics so they know to watch for it. I'll have my people watch for symptoms in themselves and others. That should, hopefully, be enough to stave off any casualties from it."

With that, they continue their journey.

Anastasia

> roll 1d100
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 32 > [d100=32]

You get closer - and you can see it ahead. A great, swirling pool of black, red and brown muck, chunks of things best unconsidered swirled around in it. Floating in the center of it is a ship, barely visible from here, nary more than an outline.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Alright everyone, take a moment. Get your last medium duration spells going. Where's my Abjurer? Watch for whatever's scrambling the teleports. We need to find it and knock it out so we can get this thing out of here. Jarem, I want you to be my eyes on the Abjurer; they're likely to be busy focusing on finding the spell and will likely put a foot somewhere they shouldn't. If you think of anything that needs to be done, speak up."

With that, she begins casting her own spells.

(Reach+Chain) Sonic Weapon, CL 30, Duration: 30 minutes.
Alyssa carries 5 weapons. This will mean 16 weapons from the rest of the group will get this enchantment.

Spoiler: ShowHide
While the spell is in effect, the affected weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of sonic damage with each successful attack. The sonic energy does not harm the weapon's wielder. Bows, crossbows, and slings that are affected by this spell bestow the sonic energy upon their ammunition.

Dolorous Blow, CL 30, Duration: 30 Minutes.
Alyssa carries 5 weapons. This will mean 16 weapons from the rest of the group will get this enchantment.

A longing for battle fills you as you complete this spell. Upon touching the intended weapon, the feeling fades even as a dull red aura encompasses the weapon.

For the duration of the spell, the weapon's threat range is doubled, and its critical threats automatically confirm, so every threat is a critical hit. The latter effect does not apply to any weapon that already has a magical effect related to critical hits.

Multiple effects that increase a weapon's threat range (such as this spell and the Improved Critical feat) don't stack. You can't cast this spell on a natural weapon, such as a claw.

Greater Mirror Image, CL 30, Duration: 30 minutes.
> roll 1d4+8
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 9 > [d4=1]

This spell functions like mirror image, except that an additional image is created in each round after the first, up to a maximum of eight concurrent images. If all images are destroyed, the spell ends. This spell also differs from mirror image in that you can cast this spell even when it's not your turn.

Greater Arcane Sight, CL 30, Duration: 30 minutes.
This spell functions like arcane sight, except that you automatically know which spells or magical effects are active upon any individual or object you see.

Alyssa Songsteel
HP: 288/288
AC: 57.
Init: +11.
Spells Active: Magic Vestment (CL29) Heart of Fire (CL29), Heart of Air (CL29), Create Magic Tattoo (SR/Spellcaster Level/Attack) (CL29/25/21), Elemental Body (CL29), Mind Blank (CL29), Bibliotheca Arcana (CL29), Energy Immunity: Cold/Acid (CL29), Energy Immunity: Electricity (CL25), Energy Immunity: Sonic (CL22) Many Moments of Prescience (CL29), Epic Mage Armor (CL29), Heroics (CL30), Dragonskin (CL30), Spell Turning (CL30), Sonic Weapon (CL30), Dolorous Blow (CL30), Greater Mirror Image (9 Images) (CL30), Greater Arcane Sight (CL30)
Bonuses: +10 Ground Speed (HoF), +10 Fly Speed (HoA), SR 19 (CMT), +1 Caster Level (CMT), +1 Luck Attack (CMT), +15 Insight Bonus to Knowledge checks (BA), +20 Armor Bonus (EMA), +5 Armor Bonus/Shield (MV), +4 Initiative (Heroics), +5 NA (DS)
Negative Conditions: [/i]

Anastasia

As you begin to cast, "Ma'am!" Your scout calls, "Something's coming from the ship!"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa pauses her casting long enough to say, "Could be a survivor, try to identify it as it comes," before going back to casting. If whatever this is, is hostile, then finishing her spells will be key.

Anastasia

"It's some sort of blob of filth in the form of a dragon, ma'am! It might be a real dragon!" Is the call back.

Jarem readies his blade carefully, shield raised. "Time to earn our pay," he smiles tightly.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Once Alyssa finishes casting her spells, she inspects the oncoming filth dragon, trying to identify it and use her Arcane Sight to identify the spells on it.

Okay! Exercise in timing time! The plan here is to try and judge its speed so I can pop Time Stop to buff up right as init starts so I don't burn any rounds of the spells. If that's not really feasible, then I'll just do it when combat starts, but I have 5 spells to cast, so considering I'm likely to roll a 1 or 2, that'll be at least two time stops. You get the idea.