Attack on Sylica

Started by Anastasia, June 13, 2018, 02:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"That's fine, but I mean it about taking a day to rest," Alicia says. "You've had a trying few days, take some time to relax and enjoy yourself so you can go back with a clear head. And for what it's worth, Hell Striker thinks Benyen and Dana get along well, and he doesn't seem concerned."

Anastasia

"He's a sword," Ebony drawls, "He's probably content that Benyen's sword is being sheathed." A sharp, almost sardonic note fills her voice.

"Ebony," Syala rises, "That's it. I'm going to personally see to you getting some rest. Alicia's right."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Most people are still celebrating our victory over Shar's attack earlier, you can get in on that," Alicia suggests. "Or if not I know some really nice retreats where you can get some quiet and cleanse, but you definitely need to take your mind off this Ebony. It's none of our business what Benyen does with his romantic life."

Anastasia

Ebony takes a long breath, "Yes, of course. You're right." Exhaling deeply, "Thank you."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Thank you Ebony, for all your hard work," Alicia says. "In fact I've decided to entrust you with my spark as proxy indefinitely because of it. I feel you make for a superb representative... when you're well rested, anyway," she gives a wry little smile there.

Anastasia

"Really!" Ebony's voice raises a bit, "After that performance? Thank you," A deep bow, "I will do better, Alicia, I promise."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Please do," she laughs a little bit. "One little unseemly display doesn't undermine years of good service. You've earned my grace, Ebony. Now go, let Syala take you somewhere to get pampered."

Anastasia

Okay, cool. Next move?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Could play out dinner with Emmaline and NPCs (also can invite Ebony now she's back), but I'd like to do something else since we just saw her and had a fairly heavy discussion and I want to break things up a bit.

I can't think of any important stuff there's time to squeeze in first so I guess I'll just kill time and we can do fluff stuff? I'll check in on how Ox is doing on Lifasa at least, make sure he's not face down in a snowdrift.

Anastasia

You have something coming at you anyway to knock out.

Barely 10 minutes later, you're overseeing the aftermath of things. It's then you feel it - Mystra's avatar at the border of Sylica, a patient waiting.

'Congratulations,' Mystra sends a split second later. 'That was well fought. May I enter? I come bearing glad tidings and joyous news.'
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Joyous news sounds good! 'Of course, please come join me,' Alicia sends, having her avatar take over with wrapping up before Alicia and Marie are both in the same den that she saw Ebony in earlier, her teleport interdiction spell down as Mystra is invited to transport herself in directly.

Anastasia

Mystra is there in an instant, in the form of an old woman in ruby red robes. Her long, white hair tucked beneath the hood of her robe, body withered but yet firm of step, clear of gaze.

"Well done and well met, Alicia," Mystra greets you, a smile on her face.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That's a nice looking avatar. Reminds Alicia she needs to make one like it some day - she did enjoy playing the harmless old woman back when infiltrating Kesse so many years ago.

"Thank you, and please - sit. May we offer you any refreshments?" she asks, taking her own seat while Marie stands by a serving tray of drinks and light snacks.

Hostess formalities out of the way Alicia continues, "I didn't expect helping Seira with a trivial matter on Air today would end in fending off a full-fledged undead attack on Sylica, but here we are. And my realm still stands whole. With some timely assistance from Sharess and Selune of course."

Anastasia

A glass of lemon-flavored water is taken and sipped. Once done, "Nonetheless, the most important victory in the skirmish outside is yours. You did not just win a victory in battle, you won a victory in the soul. In that moment, you and Shar Competed and you triumphed."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Emmaline, yes," Alicia nods. "Shar's dogma is most appealing when there's no alternative, after all. Lets hope my Competition with Auril goes as well."