News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Whoops[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 28, total 28[/blockquote]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You can see three crevasses as you fly in.

The first is the biggest, running from the top down a few dozen feet. It's thickly lined with snow on both sides.

The next is a crack in the middle of the glacier. It's narrow - about eight feet tall and four side, but continues onward, quickly becoming a cavern.

The last is near the bottom, ice smoothed over and punched out there, big enough to easily pass in and no snow has accumulated there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

No snow sounds like a winner! Calleigh angles for the third location!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"C'mon," Dana agrees as you fly in. Here the ice is a swirl of blue and white, the passage sharply cold and slowly sloping downwards. The occasional rill of freezing water trickles down the walls.

No sign of trouble, at least not yet.

"We may have slipped past initial reprisals, but these tunnels are doubtlessly defended," Debonah remarks.

Also, marching order for reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Dana in front, Benyen, T&C, Miranda, Debonah in the rear. She likes it back there. She's an "in the rear" kind of solar. She likes to take things from behind. I'm making an inyourendo.

"Maybe! Or maybe we'll find some sort of icy monster with lots of loots!" Calleigh suggests.

Anastasia

"Maybe," Miranda says as you go along. The tunnel quickly slopes down and as you go? Abruptly Dana falls to the ground - though lands nimbly, barely sliding at all. "The fuck?" Dana says, "I can't fucking fly!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Anti magic?" Calleigh asks, flitting up to Dana.

Anastasia

"No, the rest of it's fine," Dana says, "Just can't fucking fly!" She jumps up and down a few times, landing nimbly and without any sign of flying.

Benyen steps forward and hits the ground besides Dana, "Yeah, it just stops. Hey Debonah, is that getting your wings?"

Debonah flies forward and lands softly as well. "It is," she says, wings flapping heavily and not moving her an inch. With a faint frown, "It's like they're working but nothing's happening."

[spoiler]

Dana in front, Benyen, T&C, Miranda, Debonah in the rear.

Todo: Add attune form + Debonah's block tonight.

Dana
HP: 597/597 (fast healing 2)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Rage 1/1 Offensive Chain 3/3 Defensive Chain 3/3 Defensive Stance 9/9 Protection Devotion 1/1 Bulwark 3/3 Haste 10/10
Spells Used: Power Points 457/457
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Triggers frost blood on a slashing or piercing melee attack.

Miranda
HP: 405/405
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources:
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Favored enemy applies to attack rolls. No real resource issues with anything she does, can function all day.

Benyen
HP: 567/609 (fast healing 3)
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Magic Circle Against Evil 10ft (Protection from Evil), Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources: Smite Evil 20/21 Channel Energy 13/13 Lay On Hands 60/60 Remove Disease 1/1 (week) Incarnum Overload 1/1 Servant of the Heavens 1/1 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd) 1/1 Rage 2/2 Hell Striker Takeover 1/1 (mth) Dimension Door 3/3
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Typical smite bonus damage is 27*2=54+6=60. 60+12=72*2=144 on charge.

Debonah
HP: 873/873
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd)
Spells Used: Power Points: 742/742
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Should pretty much use rapidshot full attacks or swarm of arrows in any round she makes ranged attacks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Well, we can still fly." Calleigh says. "That's weird."

Anastasia

That's more my mistake, since I didn't notice the part of you fluttering up. 100% my fault.

As Calleigh gets close to Dana, she simply falls to the ground, her wings no longer holding her aloft. Tryll can continue on there if he likes as well, he's not quite to it yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Well, one of two things will happen. Tryll will either be unaffected due to natural incorporeality OR gravity will abruptly reassert itself and he'll fall through the floor, never to return. Let's find out.

"Oof! Hey! That was rude!" Calleigh turns into a little ball of light with a pop and tries to float up.

Anastasia

Caleigh turns into a ball of light, but she's firmly stuck on the ground.

Tryll comes up. He falls to the ground but doesn't go through it, simply lying there.

Or option 3 since magic?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That's not a whole lot better.

Tryll abruptly flops to the ground, tentacles flailing uselessly. 'Well, this is a bother.'

Calleigh rolls around Dana in a circle, tiny ball of light on the floor. "Wheeee..."

Anastasia

Gimme na Acrobatics check, Tryll.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin