News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Dark Rumblings

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 10:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's the real thing - but as you detect it, you can see something. A tiny seed of absolute entropy is buried within, beginning to stir. If you don't do something fast, you won't have a tome out of this at all.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Move fast, you two, we're leaving," Alicia says as she invokes an anti-magic field around herself primarily to neutralise the dimensional lock on this place, though if it affects the entropy seed that'd be a bonus. Then she opens a gate to the positive energy plane within the field, her own divine magic unaffected by it and allowing her to float through after Syala and Latha.

Once there she'll see about neutralising that entropy, bolstered by the nature of her surroundings.

Taking 10 for 56 on planes to pick out a spot where positive energy and the concept of creation is particularly strong.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 32), many moments of prescience (CL 31), epic mage armour (CL 31), extended greater anticipate teleportation (CL 32), extended repelling shield (CL 32), sensual blessing (CL 31), greater heroism (CL 31), recitation (CL 31), dance of the unicorn (CL 31), keen edge (CL 31), foresight (CL 31), ray deflection (CL 32), magic vestment (CL 31), greater magic weapon (CL 31), mass energy immunity (CL 32, cold), mass energy immunity (CL 31, fire), extended latha's sunmantle (CL 32), seira's arcane thesis (CL 31)
Defences: AC 81 (touch 32), CMD 86, spell resistance 46, energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 47), ray deflection, damage reduction 20/-, 20 damage to anything striking in melee
Stat buffs/penalties: +13 armour, +9 shield, +4 morale attack/saves/skills, +3 luck attack/saves, +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +2 insight AC/reflex, +1 enhancement attack/damage, +8 str, +4 con, -2 dex, +2 natural armour, -1 size. +10 CL vs SR, +5 DC on spells
Perceptions: Darkvision 60, arcane sight, low-light vision, scent, blindsight 60, tremorsense 60, perception +73
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/12/12/10/7/6/11/3/2/0/5/2/2/1
Duskblade spell slots: 6/17/17/10/1/4
Quick cast: 0 left.

Anastasia

You stand on a floating island within the endless energy of the Positive Energy Plane. Here life swells higher and higher, a cascade of pure energy resonating throughout everything here.

"How bad?" Latha asks, eyeing the tome.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Enough to destroy the tome if nothing else. Syala, help me?" she asks, trying to pull the entropy blot out of the tome so it can dissipate harmlessly.

Alter reality basically, I don't know if any spells would work. Is it a spell that can be dispelled?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[18:36] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+46 arcana
[18:36] <Kobot> Ebiris rolled 1d20+46 arcana --> [ 1d20=19 ]{65}

Anastasia

You could oppose Shar in a battle of deific will and power with alter reality. As Shar is Shar, odds are you lose this one badly.

Alternately, a symbol of pure, absolute life and energy used to counter it could work.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Is our current location sufficient? How would I use it as a counter?

Anastasia

Oh, so that was missing from the previous post. Whoops!

You stand on the Island of Creation. It is said that long ago, a forgotten Archangel created a new race here. It is known that most mortals cannot find it, though some are able to locate it and travel to it. It allows perfect healing and theoretically de-aging, though it requires a great deal of personal willpower and study, as well as control.

On a quick, off the shoulder guess, you'd have to do some sort of impromptu ritual using the energies of the location.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Quickly now, take positions there and there," Alicia says, tossing the book to the ground and gesturing for Latha and Syala to take positions equidistant from her own around it. Having three of them works well for a ritual base, for all that she's improvising. "Repeat after me," she instructs the other pair, beginning to weave together words of celestial in a chant about bringing forth the energies of creation, life begetting life, and boundless growth all aimed at synergising their magical power with the energies of this place and negating the emptiness of entropy confined within the book.

Each of us can contribute a 13th level slot to the ritual in terms of arcane firepower, I'm just making shit up.

Anastasia

"Now!" Syala calls as Latha glows bright, divine power and raw arcane magic called on, weaving together as...!!!

Okay. Gimme a CL check, Alicia.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[18:59] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+31 +1 if abjuration, +10 vs SR via arcane thesis if that matters any
[18:59] <Kobot> Ebiris rolled 1d20+31 +1 if abjuration, +10 vs SR via arcane thesis if that matters any --> [ 1d20=12 ]{43}

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+34 Syala
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+34 Syala --> [ 1d20=4 ]{38}
> roll 1d20+32 Latha
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+32 Latha --> [ 1d20=16 ]{48}

> roll 1d20+34 Syala
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+34 Syala --> [ 1d20=4 ]{38}
> roll 1d20+32 Latha
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+32 Latha --> [ 1d20=16 ]{48}
> roll 43+38+48
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 43+38+48 --> {129}
> roll 129/3
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 129/3 --> {43}

Needed an average of 41 or higher. Not a hard reason to guess why if you think a moment.

Calling on your combined powers, sheer magic and the majesty of life manifest. Sheer golden light radiates out, an overwhelming glow that engulfs the book. When it clears, the tome is intact, no trace of the entropy seed at all. Did you do it?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I think that did it," Alicia says, venturing back in and picking up the book to give it a good look over.

[19:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+31 CL if relevant
[19:12] <Kobot> Ebiris rolled 1d20+31 CL if relevant --> [ 1d20=13 ]{44}
[19:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+46 spellcraft
[19:12] <Kobot> Ebiris rolled 1d20+46 spellcraft --> [ 1d20=14 ]{60}

Spoiler: ShowHide

Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 32), many moments of prescience (CL 31), epic mage armour (CL 31), extended greater anticipate teleportation (CL 32), extended repelling shield (CL 32), sensual blessing (CL 31), greater heroism (CL 31), recitation (CL 31), dance of the unicorn (CL 31), keen edge (CL 31), foresight (CL 31), ray deflection (CL 32), magic vestment (CL 31), greater magic weapon (CL 31), mass energy immunity (CL 32, cold), mass energy immunity (CL 31, fire), extended latha's sunmantle (CL 32), seira's arcane thesis (CL 31)
Defences: AC 81 (touch 32), CMD 86, spell resistance 46, energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 47), ray deflection, damage reduction 20/-, 20 damage to anything striking in melee
Stat buffs/penalties: +13 armour, +9 shield, +4 morale attack/saves/skills, +3 luck attack/saves, +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +2 insight AC/reflex, +1 enhancement attack/damage, +8 str, +4 con, -2 dex, +2 natural armour, -1 size. +10 CL vs SR, +5 DC on spells
Perceptions: Darkvision 60, arcane sight, low-light vision, scent, blindsight 60, tremorsense 60, perception +73
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/12/12/10/7/6/11/3/2/0/5/2/2/0
Duskblade spell slots: 6/17/17/10/1/4
Quick cast: 0 left.

Anastasia

Sure enough, the tome is intact. You did it!

As you see that, Syala comes over and looks. "Mission accomplished?"
<Afina> Forever.