News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Omni follows, the gargantuan elemental finding enough space - everything's built bigger here, after all.

Amaryl smiles at them and follows, and in your mind you hear, 'So no stealth at all? Well, at least we'll get a good fight out of it now, maybe.'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

'We're not operating against the efreet here, and I want that perfectly clear.'

Stealth does have its uses, but given that attacks are going to be happening across Fire right now, their own will be attributed alongside them as it is. Best not to give away an advantage that might be needed later.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Thus you stride out into the streets. Rising towers and minarets soar above while the buildings are made of stone painted various colors. The roads are broad and wide, plenty of space for efreet, mercane, devils and other traders to pass with ease. From the moment you step out people stare, some scurrying out of the way and others gawking. None are daring to stand in your way or slow you down, however.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira moves with purpose, and that coupled with her reputation should prevent from anyone questioning her presence here even if they found it troubling. She still needs to keep her pace such that Omni would be able to follow, but they should reach their destination soon enough!

Anastasia

As people scurry out of the way, Omni speaks aloud, "Fire but only fire," he says, "I think some water for steam would help, it's a little dry."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We can see how that works once we get there," Seira readily agrees.

Anastasia

Ember's Square is quite large. By now it's mostly empty, people watching from the sides. But that's not all. As you ascertain your position there and seek the signs...

You see him. An efreet in chain armor, riding a mechanical mount, a gearwork creature of Mechanus. He is flying towards the square, followed by a duo of turbaned efreet otherwise nude save for a loincloth, sitting on flying carpets and following.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira focuses on the signs. It shouldn't be too hard to ascertain the right directions!

Anastasia

To the west, down Charring Street and then follow to the dead end. That's where your goal lies.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It's over there, to the west," Seira says, heading in that direction.

Anastasia

"Seira," Amaryl says, as the dragon rider and flying carpets are coming in from the east, almost at the square. "We have company incoming."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"They may not be here for us," Seira responds, choosing to keep going. It's not like she need to literally watch everyone to be aware of the situation.

Anastasia

A nod as you begin to walk, people parting and yep, they're still coming at you. When they're 120ft up and 80ft behind you, one calls, "Seira Aryn," In a booming voice, a powerful voice. One of the carpet riders, actually.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I turned down the honor guard as unneeded," Seira responds calmly, making her voice heard without needless shouting.

Anastasia

The riders and carpet riders hold position as the efreet on it shouts back, "What is your purpose here?"
<Afina> Forever.