News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"It's not exactly marriage so I could shuffle them around at a later point, but I think he is uniquely suited to understand the loss of the locals and work hard to ensure it doesn't happen again, be it through Shar's ventures or Auril's attempts. We'll probably prosper better financially with Berry at the helm, or make a stronger impact with our university if Ranbar chairs it, but those successes would be more focused in nature."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Overall then?" Amaryl says, "Then I agree. As long as you have a good reasoning, I think any of them can work. I do favor Ranbar with it, though."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"How come?" Seira asks curiously. "Because it's a university town? Or because you think it's an easy gateway to more socialization in preparation of a larger job further down the line, to round her out?"

Anastasia

"Both," Amaryl says, "Talent plus opportunity to grow." Sitting back now, "But both are arrows that can fly true."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Yep. Then, the matter of Cauldron staff. Berry should be quite suitable to handle planar trade, and Ranbar would be likewise in her element as the overall high priestess. This also allows Laurenal to further distinguish herself on our Prime of birth. A placement that plays to their strengths, same as with Dugarth, though perhaps not enough chances for them to challenge themselves or encounter opportunities outside their comfort zones. Really, that's my main issue here."

Anastasia

"Then we send them on the occasional mission," Amaryl remarks, then smiles a bit, "Perhaps even to nudge our wayward daughter back on task if she goes errant again."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Yeah, about that. She's not really doing anything, it's embarrassing. I had this whole gift prepared for her as a right of passage and I was ready for when she finally dealt with a Sharran or some worthy opponent... but it's been ages and I'm starting to worry it will ever come to pass of her own initiative."

Anastasia

This gets Amaryl to lean forward, facepalming, "What is she doing? I know she can do better than that!"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Maybe she's growing up in elf years," Seira says with a shrug. "Well, I should get started on this. Want to stay for my chat with Laurenal?"

Anastasia

"This is not the fault of elven heritage," Amaryl suddenly insists, a look of pique on her face, "If she's making foolish choices, you can look right to Donald."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira rolls her eyes. "I'm just saying it'd make sense if she felt no urgency like a teenage elf. Remind me who it was that was worried a child once a century might've been too soon? And the answer better not be Donald~"

Anastasia

Amaryl reddens and blushes, "You sound so human right now," she grouses.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm half-something for a bunch of things, human included," Seira readily acknowledges. "But really, I wanted to subtly poke you just now since you misconstrued what I said and went off on a Donald tangent." She grins at Amaryl. "You've got to know by now that Donald is never relevant to any discussion~"

Anastasia

The look Amaryl gives you is less than amused, "Well," she says, "Are you half couch? I have a feeling that will be relevant for you tonight."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I've gone over the last minute a few times for good measure in my head and I'm not sure how we got here," Seira tells Amaryl honestly. "I don't have anything against my elven heritage or elves in general, you know that. And if I try to lighten things up with you, it doesn't mean I disrespect you, and you know that too. I guess... let's take some time apart and talk again then?"

Rather than keep a pointless argument that she doesn't really see a good way out of, Seira decides to head into the palace and find a nice room where she can call upon Laurenal.