News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It's-" Amaryl begins, stopping as you get up. Her eyes widen a bit, a look of alarm as you turn.

"Seira," Amaryl calls as you go out, voice softer. "I'm not going to have you sleep on the couch."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"You know I respect you, right?" Seira says, turning back to her wife. "Maybe you thought my joke was tasteless, maybe there was some communications breakdown, but you'd know either way that I don't mean to hurt or disrespect you without me even telling you that, don't you? I just... I didn't think we could have this sort of argument after all we've been through together, with the way it was going." She shakes her head. "If it's that polarizing, want to move past it and start the last couple minutes over?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Amaryl blushes at that and looks down, "...oh," she murmurs, folding up, seeming to retreat into herself, "I-I mean...I didn't..."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Come on," Seira says, offering Amaryl her hand. "A change of scenery will do us some good."

Anastasia

Amaryl takes your hand, letting you lead her.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Having had a change of mind, Seira decides to shift them over to a gazebo set in the middle of a hedge maze in the gardens. She arranges for refreshments, and after checking to make sure she's not about to interrupt Laurenal during some private moment opens a golden gate a few feet away from her. As divine hints go, it should be pretty blatant and quite fitting for her!

Anastasia

Lauranel is in meditation and prayer, not immediately noticing the portal in her private room, as her eyes are closed. Yet after a moment she looks up and gasps, a hand to her lips as she stares at the portal.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

In a sense, it is the answer to her prayers! And so Seira keeps the gate open. If Laurenal lacks the adventuring spirit to venture through it or the wisdom to examine it with her magic, she won't be suitable to lead Seira's efforts on that Prime, after all.

Anastasia

Laurenal's ears twitch, dark brown hair brushed aside as after a moment she quickly intones words of magic. You sense it, a simple detect magic. After several beats, "L-Lady Seira?" she asks in Elven.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yep, it's her magic. Now what are you going to do abotu it, Laurenal? Seira awaits! Quietly.

Anastasia

With no reply coming, Laurenal takes a breath, "Is that you, Lady Seira?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira keeps silent still!

Anastasia

Slowly the half elf examines the portal and finally takes a breath, before stepping on through. She looks around carefully on guard - and her eyes settle on you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oh, good," Seira greets her warmly. "A bit of caution is a good thing, but sometimes you need to take a step outside your comfort zone. Accepting a thing or two on faith isn't half bad, either." She gestures at the cushioned chairs arraigned on the other side of the table holding the refreshments in clear invitation.

Anastasia

"My Lady," Laurenal bows to you deeply, kneeling and then rising. "You have need of me?"

"She does," Amaryl says, voice nothing but warmth. "Help yourself and listen."
<Afina> Forever.