News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

The Grand Sultan

Started by Anastasia, November 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore gives Nasir a polite, if not particularly enthusiastic nod as he waits for the others to be seated.

Corwin

The servant of Eblis looks out of place on reputation alone, so perhaps he is exceptionally powerful. Then again, he could have talents that lie in a different direction. Seira looks between Zahir and Akil, trying to estimate who is actually running this show on the Sultan's side.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick Sense Motive, SEira.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Taking 10 for 74, divine insight.

Anastasia

You get a feeling Akil's ranking here. Based on his rank as emir, that also makes sense.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods slightly to herself, settling to wait for Akil to start things off.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Seira is seated opposite Akil, while Moore is seated opposite Nasir.

Barachiel is seated opposite the grand chair of course, while the other sfan out on your sides. Elle is next to Seira and Honeydip on her other, while Jetina and Xandra flank Moore.

"Duke Moore," Nasir greets you, "I'm surprised to see you in good health."

Akil adds to Seira in the meantime, "The Sultan and his entourage will be along shortly. In the meantime, I believe we have a conversation about Razalim, Seira?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore just settles in for a smile across the table at Nasir. "Commander Nasir. Alas, not even an assassination attempt can keep me from such a meeting as this."

Corwin

"It is a blade with a heavy duty, to keep on traveling until it is allowed to rest in the hands of its destined owner," Seira starts off said conversation.

Anastasia

"So it can't," Xandra says, "Destiny will not be overthrown so easily." She sits primly, not touching the food or drink.

"Too bad, we both gave it our best," he remarks, taking a soft orange slice in hand, "Few prey have ever escaped me, Moore. Those few who have are benefits of temporary reprieves, not full pardons." He pauses to take a bite on it, sharp teeth severing the orange in one swift bite.

Meanwhile, Akil says, "Fortunately for Razalim, its long journey is over." Patting the hilt of the blade, "Though I find your own claims amusing, as you're a day late and short."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Is that so?" Moore asks. "I think, at the very least, we can both respect the talents and abilities that each of our groups bring, if not the methods or goals that we hope to attain. In that, and perhaps only that, I think we can see eye-to-eye." A sincere smile follows. "I was surprised not to see you at the War College, I admit."

Corwin

"In the realms of immortals, us youngsters need to force our way to the top, since a spot won't just become available if we wait long enough. Fortunately, whether we get a seat at the table or not depends on our skill," Seira says, glancing over at Elle with another polite smile. "I'm glad to have amused you, even though that was not my intention. After all, haven't Razalim's previous owners been equally certain? That my casual words would have such an impact that you would bring this matter first thing, Akil, suggests that you are not as secure in your ownership as you profess."

Anastasia

"Ah, nonsense," Akil chuckles now, pausing to pick up a goblet and sip from it. "I have seen Fire and the efreet rise, no mere magical sword will be the better of me."

At this Elle smiles back at you, "Sword? Who said anything about a sword? I think a dragon is much more dangerous to worry about."

Meanwhile Nasir leans forward slightly, "I was surprised to hear you took the entire library as spoils."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"A steady growth from the beginning of Fire, and twenty fire years, give or take, to match it," Seira says sweetly. "I wonder where we'll be in another year, going by this pace."